OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope LE has someone in their radar connected to this case. But as I stated, time of death shouldn't have any bearing on any suspects. It has been said since the discovery of the bodies the crime was committed during the nite. It just seems like LE is holding out info for no reason. If nothing else, they could report that due to the sensitive info on crime scene analysis they cannot make a statement at this time. At least we would know reports are starting to come in and the case is moving forward.

I enjoy traveling through the big cities on occasion but could never live in one. Not even the smaller ones. I live outside a very small town. We don't even have a Walmart or a grocery store! I like it just fine here. :)

Never lived any where that didn't have a farm field on at least one side of my property. I'm ten miles from a grocery and twenty from a Walmart. I like it...

I've been going back and reading news accounts from 4/24. One of the things I find very strange is that LE has given absolutely no profile of the perp except to say that the killings were executed by a professional. I understand why people might say they are keeping close because they already know who did this. But to not take a person into custody by this point, with almost two months to examine forensics, is very interesting and unsettling. What if the murders were committed with guns owned by the DA or some other official - what would they do?

Agree. And the information they have given is very vague, plus the release of what would normally be public information by now has been tightly controlled.

I've been going back and reading news accounts from 4/24. One of the things I find very strange is that LE has given absolutely no profile of the perp except to say that the killings were executed by a professional. I understand why people might say they are keeping close because they already know who did this. But to not take a person into custody by this point, with almost two months to examine forensics, is very interesting and unsettling. What if the murders were committed with guns owned by the DA or some other official - what would they do?

And that is exactly why my theory doesn't hold water without some serious leaks.. and why I'm in denial! Exactly. It would be extremely irresponsible to leave killers loose to kill again. The killers have already demonstrated what they can and will do. What I'm hoping is is that they just need the hard core evidence against them and haven't gotten it yet... but that's a pretty big hope. Maybe they know the WHO but not the individuals yet.. I hate when the right thing doesn't happen. I hope they have taps on lines, GPS devices on vehicles and UC on people around the clock...

Actually, I don't believe that LE or the AG has said they were professional killings. What they have said is things like "cold-blooded", " calculated" , "planned" , "targeted", and "sophisticated operation" to describe the nature of the murders.

Given all of the investigative routes that this case must surely have, I can see that LE might want to have a super solid case before arrests and starting the clock on the prosecution. This will most likely be a DP case no matter what the motive.

Not ONE leak! It's hard to imagine.

Every single one of hundreds involved in the invastigation (90 on the first forensic team alone, iirc), has 100% professional integrity. Impressive.

I think (or like to think) that the news blackout has nothing to do with the public and everything to do with the killer(s.) I may be foolish, but I'm believing exactly what LE said about not giving any info to the killers and wanting this to be an airtight case leaving the eventual defense attorney nothing to grab hold of and use... that LE is compiling a case and they know exactly who they are going to arrest for this so it sticks like Gorilla Glue. I hope I'm not in denial but denial can be a handy tool at times. The thought that these 8 people could be terrorized and repeatedly shot while so helpless in their beds this way and that it could all just fade off over the years into an ice cold case, is something I just can't bear to think about. I'm frustrated there's no news but I'm patient because I'm determined I'm going to read the news one morning that arrests have been made. This way... when arrests are made, I'll know they got the right people.

I agree 100%. Anything and everything they know is not relevant to the public a bit! We are all on a "need to know" basis and quite frankly, until the puzzle is complete, we, meaning anyone who is not in danger, do not need to know! I too believe they are working hard, day and night, to finish this! There seem to be a lot of people within that community that loved the family! They need to focus on justice for the entire town. I can't imagine what kind of ridicule the people who they had riffs with are under and if they are innocent that will subside once there's an arrest or arrests! There are probably a lot of people, aside from friends and family, that's lives have been turned upside down!

Agree. And the information they have given is very vague, plus the release of what would normally be public information by now has been tightly controlled.
I'm following the Missy Bevers case a bit too and it's the same w/that one. Very controlled. I think w/high profile cases like this they may almost have to keep it very controlled. Some folks will even admit to committing the crimes and didn't do it so they have to keep details to themselves so they can weed those folks out easily too.

I agree that LE needs to have a rock solid case when they go to court. However, I doubt that will have much bearing on how long the trial will be. A defense Atty will have his work cut out for him, more so than if this had taken place in a large city where not everybody knows everybody. Anyone chgd with this is going to be tried and convicted before court even begins. If they're local, when the shock wears off and reality sets in, they will be the most hated people in the state. If they are hired killers, there could be people willing to form a Lynch mob. Whoever is brought to trial won't stand a snowball's chance in hell. I can smell a chg in venue brewing from day one. When I lived in Palestine Tex, a 19 year old divorced mother was shot and killed with numerous witnesses. The guy who killed her claimed that he had flashbacks from Vietnam. So he was sent to live in the Rusk state Hosp. Never saw the inside of a prison. The dirtbag was in his early 50's. The reason he shot her was because she refused to date him. Never mind he had a wife! She was always nice to him and would visit with him when he came to the bar, and treated him like a friend. I learned a few years later he was released and allowed to go back home. Kathy's son had to grow up without his mom and her mom had to go on without her only child. All because some creep couldn't handle rejection. I hope there's no way somebody can weasel out of this situation and go unpunished. Or try to say they were forced at gunpoint to be a part of this crime…

I don't understand how an arrest would interfere with the State' ability to win a conviction. So either there isn't enough evidence to hold the suspect(s), or LE is waiting for the suspect(s) to lead them to bigger fish. Neither of those possibilities gives me much hope this will be solved....but I'm still hoping for justice.

I don't understand how an arrest would interfere with the State' ability to win a conviction. So either there isn't enough evidence to hold the suspect(s), or LE is waiting for the suspect(s) to lead them to bigger fish. Neither of those possibilities gives me much hope this will be solved....but I'm still hoping for justice.

Well, I'm led to believe the perps destroyed a lot of evidence. Who knows what they have & unfortunately, it's probably a whole lot of nothing much right now! I'm guessing, they are having video surveillance examined, no telling how many prints, tire tracks, foot prints, etc. they are having analyzed, hairs and fibers, cell phones, and I'm guessing a lot of that will be of completely innocent people who have come and gone from the properties on a regular basis. They have to weed out what's not relevant to the case. I'm hopeful that when all is done and they have irrefutable evidence for conviction, it will all come together and justice will be upheld to the utmost extent of the law for the victims, the family and the entire town!

This case will be solved when the perps get caught committing a different future crime. Maybe assault, illegal firearms, or even murder. And they most certainly will commit future crimes. You don't murder 8 people and then straighten up. Committing murder is easy for them, but if you continuously play with matches then you will eventually get burned. They will leave all of their evidence elsewhere

Because of the accused's right against double jeopardy (5th Amendment) and right to a speedy trial (6th Amendment), LE should not rush to arrest someone until they are fairly sure they have the right person and have the evidence necessary to convict her.

Because of the accused's right against double jeopardy (5th Amendment) and right to a speedy trial (6th Amendment), LE should not rush to arrest someone until they are fairly sure they have the right person and have the evidence necessary to convict her.

Her? 🚺 😳

This case will be solved when the perps get caught committing a different future crime. Maybe assault, illegal firearms, or even murder. And they most certainly will commit future crimes. You don't murder 8 people and then straighten up. Committing murder is easy for them, but if you continuously play with matches then you will eventually get burned. They will leave all of their evidence elsewhere

If it's someone who thinks they did society a favor and they should be applauded they might not! But, more than likely you're right! If they continue because they think they're getting away with it, they will become sloppy!

However, I certainly hope they get caught beforehand! 1. So no one else gets hurt and 2. This case needs justice! Nothing could be more unjust if they, later, hurt 1 more person and take some sort of plea for the Rhoden case! Ug, that would make me very angry!

I know LE has stated from the beginning there seemed to be a lack of evidence. Obviously the killers did remove as much evidence as they could see. That's what has lead me to lean toward hired killers. The average rage/passion/revenge killer(s) are mainly focused on getting the job done and not thinking about how much or little evidence they're leaving behind.

I'm following the Missy Bevers case a bit too and it's the same w/that one. Very controlled. I think w/high profile cases like this they may almost have to keep it very controlled. Some folks will even admit to committing the crimes and didn't do it so they have to keep details to themselves so they can weed those folks out easily too.

I was wondering about that very thing. Which case(s) that eventually are/were solved went on the longest without (pretty much) any significant information released to the public by LE? If this case is really hIgh profile, what makes it so? Number of persons murdered? Background activities, like say, big DEA investigation into drug activity in the area, anything else that would justify withholding information from the public?

Actually, I don't believe that LE or the AG has said they were professional killings. What they have said is things like "cold-blooded", " calculated" , "planned" , "targeted", and "sophisticated operation" to describe the nature of the murders.

Given all of the investigative routes that this case must surely have, I can see that LE might want to have a super solid case before arrests and starting the clock on the prosecution. This will most likely be a DP case no matter what the motive.

You are correct, it was Cyril Wecht, the forensic pathologist and lawyer who has served as a consultant on numerous murder cases, who said it was "personal but professional".

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...-investigation-scientists-work-cops/84433990/

I know LE has stated from the beginning there seemed to be a lack of evidence. Obviously the killers did remove as much evidence as they could see. That's what has lead me to lean toward hired killers. The average rage/passion/revenge killer(s) are mainly focused on getting the job done and not thinking about how much or little evidence they're leaving behind.

If not hired, certainly experienced. They would already know the caliber of weapon(s) used, and I imagine they have a pretty good idea if it was one or more perps. There have to have been some kind of tracks left around the scenes that would help determine the vehicle (truck, atv, motorcycle) They would know whether or not the perp damaged the inside of the property in addition to the killings which would help to establish a motive. I personally think the crimes point to someone who was familiar with forensics, had advanced shooting abilities, is very familiar with tactical operations, and has superior physical fitness.

Forgive me is this has been posted ,has anyone read this ? News article with LE from April 25, "This was a pre-planned execution of eight individuals," DeWine said. "This is not your case where somebody's gotten mad at somebody else and shot them. There's a witness, two witnesses. It's a very, very different type case." Is he saying there are witnesses ???? Did I miss this information ?
http://www.wlwt.com/news/community-...mbers-as-search-for-killer-continues/39189042

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper