OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I correct in understanding that this is the same place they busted in January, but they have waited 6 months to bust the operators?

Interesting! Does anyone recall a type of "tubing system" at the Rhoden's residents?

The reason I ask is because IIRC there was postings about this as a possibility of producing and pictures were illustrated and that's how I became familiar with shatter. Never heard of it before.

My thoughts are exactly the families were targeted and I can't get the cartel business out of my mind.

JMO

Why were these guys allowed to walk the streets between January and June? They already had plenty of evidence with what they found in the 35 pounds of pot. Now I'm starting to wonder about the LE/Informant relationships in that county too.

"Results came in recently, giving us probable cause to make arrests," said Reader."

Uh uh, something is up here...

Am I correct in understanding that this is the same place they busted in January, but they have waited 6 months to bust the operators?

Yes, and the article also says they "recently" received the results back from the lab! Good grief! Somethings just take a long time to test and dissect I suppose!

Why were these guys allowed to walk the streets between January and June? They already had plenty of evidence with what they found in the 35 pounds of pot. Now I'm starting to wonder about the LE/Informant relationships in that county too.

"Results came in recently, giving us probable cause to make arrests," said Reader."

Uh uh, something is up here...

I wondered that myself. I guess they just wanted solid evidence? Plus, why have pot delivered to you via the post office when you're growing it yourself unless the demand was greater than what they could supply so they decided to supplement it with a little outsourcing?

Yes, and the article also says they "recently" received the results back from the lab! Good grief! Somethings just take a long time to test and dissect I suppose!

6 months? I just did an unscientific keyword search and my results were: find lab=immediate arrest. This whole story is getting stranger by the minute. I don't see either of them listed in Pike County records for anything other than minor traffic offenses...

I have a feeling that the 6 month wait on reports is either because they were not specified as top priority or they sat at the local PD for 5 months. I 'll look tomorrow, I read an article about AG finding out how lax many LE agencies were in sending evidence to crime lab in a timely manner. He set up time deadlines for sending in evidence to crime labs. And, I think he was very lenient with the time allowed. It was shocking to hear how long some agencies had let evidence lay around in a drawer with little or no explanation as to why things had not sent to lab for testing. I wonder what kind of excuses LE gives defense atty's who are trying to get a case into court.

They didn't have to wait for analysis, they could have held them on pot charges but they didn't charge them with anything till now. These guys were just... what? Hanging around waiting to get busted? I'm starting to think there's more to this than meets the eye...

remember:::This pot charge started in a federal building with Post Office Investigators. Mr.Reader was not able to

I am right there with ya!!

They didn't have to wait for analysis, they could have held them on pot charges but they didn't charge them with anything till now. These guys were just... what? Hanging around waiting to get busted? I'm starting to think there's more to this than meets the eye...

So I guess we can expect an arrest to be made in the Rhoden case in September? I think maybe I'll go back to my life and check for updates on this case less frequently.

remember:::This pot charge started in a federal building with Post Office Investigators. Mr.Reader was not able to

But I don't understand....if you find a shatter lab with large quantities of marijuana and hash oil in a house (where 30 plus) pounds of pot was being delivered...that belongs to one of the guy's who has been arrested...how was he not arrested before now? They said the house was unoccupied, but records are clear that the man mentioned in the article is the actual owner of the home. I get that he might not have actually LIVED there, but I still find it incredibly odd that they weren't looking at this guy right off. And...whose wife was it that they followed back to find the place? I saw no mention of her being arrested.

It's bizarre! That is a very long time to wait.

But I don't understand....if you find a shatter lab with large quantities of marijuana and hash oil in a house (where 30 plus) pounds of pot was being delivered...that belongs to one of the guy's who has been arrested...how was he not arrested before now? They said the house was unoccupied, but records are clear that the man mentioned in the article is the actual owner of the home. I get that he might not have actually LIVED there, but I still find it incredibly odd that they weren't looking at this guy right off. And...whose wife was it that they followed back to find the place? I saw no mention of her being arrested.

It's bizarre! That is a very long time to wait.

Proving that the guy owned the house and proving him to be one of the people actually making the shatter are two entirely different things. Crazy thing is that there are lots of unoccupied homes out in the countryside, many of them appearing abandoned. In cities even worse. I am sure that the owner was on LE's radar right off the bat but they didn't have definitive evidence to obtain a conviction for him. Couple that with the fact that this case's evidence was probably lower priority at BCI's crime labs and you get a delay like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the posted article, the wife picks up the pkg, she is stopped by LE, questioned, and released. There are some husband and wife teams who aren't teams. Maybe she wasn't a part of her husband's business endeavors. Of course she should have been able to smell the pkg also. Even said, I don't believe she could have been clueless.

In the posted article, the wife picks up the pkg, she is stopped by LE, questioned, and released. There are some husband and wife teams who aren't teams. Maybe she wasn't a part of her husband's business endeavors. Of course she should have been able to smell the pkg also. Even said, I don't believe she could have been clueless.

Was that a different article? The only she that I can see referenced in the latest article is the postmaster.

EDT - it was an earlier article that had the wife picking up the package.

http://m.newswatchman.com/news/article_2b29ce0c-27a4-5f3b-9c28-ff921fe53003.html?mode=jqm

Was that a different article? The only she that I can see referenced in the latest article is the postmaster.

EDT - it was an earlier article that had the wife picking up the package.
http://m.newswatchman.com/news/article_2b29ce0c-27a4-5f3b-9c28-ff921fe53003.html?mode=jqm

Sheriff Reader was quite talkative back then...
After 6 months, all they have is the guy who owned the property, and the guy who most likely arranged the pot from California? (He was arrested in CA in August on the same charges) That's not very impressive. Moo.

Sheriff Reader was quite talkative back then...
After 6 months, all they have is the guy who owned the property, and the guy who most likely arranged the pot from California? (He was arrested in CA in August on the same charges) That's not very impressive. Moo.

Thank you for this.
Can you pls give a link for that recent California arrest? I would really like to read that. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GFinder