OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Pate Jax 49 Post # 430 Thread # 18 just posted that today. If that helps.

I don't think what I posted included who was shot how many times. IIRC, we did see that specific info somewhere. (gone searching)

If I can insert my opinion, Check me if I am wrong..killers would be out of character to use revolvers For their
slaughter.why? Because to reload, you must innsert. one shell at a time and break the pistol in a position to
insert the shells one at a time.Remember it was dark or limited light available and he/she had to be a genius
to reload in the dark.It is possible if the killer used a revolver ever day and could flip the cylinder by the touch
of his finger.In My Opinion, the killer woul consider those problems and stay away from using a revolver.

There are speed loaders made for revolvers...

Media & Timeline NO DISCUSSION - Pike Co, OH 8 Family Members Murdered

Facts of Case by cujenno81

I thought I'd share my comprehensive notes with y'all... hoping maybe they'll be helpful to some of you.

4 Properties:

4077 Union Hill Road

4199 Union Hill Road

3122 Union Hill Road

Left Fork Road

4077 Union Hill Road is within walking distance of 4199.

3122 Union Hill Road is 1970 feet away from 4077.

Left Fork Road is approximately 8.2 miles from 4077 Union Hill Road (a 17 min drive without traffic).

Distance TO/FROM nearby cities from 4199 Union Hill Road:

Piketon = 17.5 miles (20 minutes)

Peebles = 9.7 miles (13 minutes)

Lucasville = 27.8 miles (29 minutes)

Chillicothe = 38.5 miles (46 minutes)

McDermott = 32.1 miles (37 minutes)

Piketon, OH – population estimated at 2,000; located 90 miles east of Cincinnati

Pike County, OH – roughly 30,000 residents

VICTIMS

Hanna Rhoden (19) – daughter to Chris Sr. & Dana Rhoden; found in Dana’s house with Dana and Chris Jr.; worked as a nurse assistant at a Skilled Nursing Facility in Lucasville since January but recently took maternity leave; has a 2 year old daughter who was with another family member at the time of her murder; shot in bed next to her 4-day-old daughter

Hannah Gilley (20) – engaged to Frankie Rhoden; found at home with Frankie, their surviving 6-month-old child, and Frankie’s surviving 3-year-old son from a previous relationship; lists herself as self-employed on Facebook; attended Northwest High School in McDermott, OH

Clarence “Frankie” Rhoden (20) – son to Chris Sr. & Dana Rhoden; found at home with fiancé Hannah Gilley, their surviving 6-month-old child, and his 3-year-old son from a previous relationship; competed in both in-state and out-of-state demolition derby competitions; worked at a sawmill and attended Piketon High School

Dana Manley Rhoden (37) – married Chris Sr. on October 27, 1994 in Adams County and divorced in 2007 citing irreconcilable differences; shared custody of their three children (Frankie, Hanna, & Chris Jr.); court records indicate Hanna and Chris Jr. lived at Dana’s residence; worked at a nursing home in Peebles, OH since October of last year

Gary Rhoden (38) – cousin of Chris Sr.

Chris Rhoden Sr. (40) – ex-husband to Dana; per court records, Frankie lived at his residence after the divorce; worked at Big Bear Resort in Lucasville, OH

Kenneth Rhoden (44) – brother to Chris Rhoden Sr.; has two children with an ex-wife who he married in Waverly, OH on May 17, 1991 and divorced in 2006, citing incompatibility; his two children are now 19 & 23 years of age; previously employed at Crownover Lumber Company in Peebles, OH

Chris Rhoden Jr. (16) – son to Chris Sr. & Dana Rhoden

First 911 Call

Caller: Bobbi Jo Manley @ 7:49 am on Friday, April 22, 2016

Reported finding Chris and Gary Rhoden deceased at 4077 Union Hill Road

Key statements:

“There’s blood all over the house”

“my brother-in-law is in the bedroom…”

“There’s blood all over the front room”

“Both of them in there look like they’re dead”

“I think they’re both dead, looks like someone’s beat the out of ‘em”

“The door was locked when we got here but I know where the key was at”

“I went in and they were laying on the floor”

BOBBI JO’S DAD, LEONARD MANLEY, TOLD REPORTERS:

“Well, my daughter feeds them animals out there every morning, Bobbi Jo the one that made the 911 call. She got the key to the place. She went in found my grandson and his girlfriend dead. Went down found my son in law and his cousin dead. Then she come out and got me and I went out there and my boy went to my daughter’s house and they found them. My daughter, her daughter, and her son.”

CRIME SCENE INFO

One incident report regarding one of the killings said the crime scene showed no signs of forced entry.

Roosters - Ohio AG Mike DeWine confirmed roosters were found in separate cages at one of the homes and suggested someone in the family may have been running a cockfighting enterprise

Marijuana - Grow operations have been found at three separate residences; LE estimate street value of plants to be $500,000; during an interview with Cincinnati radio station 700WL, DeWine described the grow sites as some of the biggest operations he’s seen in the state; Pike County Prosecutor Rob Junk told The Columbus Dispatch that operations included an indoor grow-house that sheltered hundreds of plants

(Per the Humane Society of the United States, cockfighting and associated gambling is frequently connected to illegal drug activity.)

HISTORY OF NEARBY DRUG ACTIVITY

February 2016 - A 37 lb. box of marijuana was discovered by postal worker at the Piketon Post Office. The discovery led to an investigation that unearthed a “scatter” lab that was being used to produce large quantities of hash oil at an unknown property located on Beaver Run Road.

2012 – AG DeWine issued press release announcing LE had discovered “a major marijuana grow site” in Pike County with suspected ties to a Mexican drug cartel. During the discovery, 1200 plants were destroyed by investigators and two abandoned campsites were located, which they believe had belonged to

Victim #1 – Single Gunshot Wound

Victim #2 – 2 Gunshot Wounds

Victim #3 – 3 Gunshot Wounds

Victim #4 – 3 Gunshot Wounds

Victim #5 – 4 Gunshot Wounds

Victim #6 – 5 Gunshot Wounds

Victim #7 – 5 Gunshot Wounds

Victim #8 – 9 Gunshot Wounds

*Total of 32 gunshot wounds between the 8 victims.

(The relationship between the # of gunshot wounds/victim has not been released and this list is in no particular order.)

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...share_fid=730&share_type=t&share_pid=12502622

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Information requested on gunshots to family members.

Until there is something posted concerning the caliber of weapons used, I have to speculate from memory the facts
that I know about hand guns. I think it is important to outline what caliber the handguns were and try to eliminate
the caliber that would not fit this slaughter. I think 22's are out unless we get word that 22's In fact were in the mix.
My information tells me that 32 shots were used for a total for all victims. A 38 caliber handgun,S.& W., holds 6 shells.
I had a short barrel 32 caliber that held 5 shells.,,Also, S.& W...I can't find the thread that describes the number of
Shots that each victim received, but I believe many received 3 and CR1 received more. If all shots were fired
in some random order, two victims would require one weapon and then reload in the dark walking to the next target
Somebody help me find the thread that outlines the names of victims and the number of shots received. We can figure
this out with your help.Please..
I had a H&K .40 caliber USP for work. Holds 13 rounds. I think it would be a good amount for each household.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I was just reading back through some articles and one sentence really stood out to me. I know it's been out there a long time but with everything that has been discussed over the last two months, it just stood out to me.

While nothing has been ruled out, it is unlikely this was a random act of violence or a crime committed by another member of the Rhoden family. http://www.daytond ailynews.com/news/ news/4-possible-mo tives-in-pike-coun ty-ohio-murders/nr B9q/

Also,, I know some people were discussing earlier that they were worried the killers are out on the streets. Maybe they are already in jail. Yes, I am an #ID channel junkie :)

On the shows they often pick the suspects up on old warrants or something else and then keep them in jail until they can put a case together on murder charges.

I too watch the ID channel all the time! I'd like to get Joe Kenda's theory on this case!

We know Kenny had one bullet, Chris had nine bullets, Gary had three bullets. That leaves 19 bullets for the other five victims, making a total of 32 bullets. I don't know why LE has not broken those 19 down to the remaining victims. Surely that info could be released, as well as the official times of death. Maybe that's not really important by LE thinking, but it would help us put things in perspective. I don't see how that info could have any affect on the case. Are autopsies public info in Ohio?

There are speed loaders made for revolvers...

Why would anyone assume a revolver was used? At least two guns (based on Kenneth's statement about the two different casings found), and likely smaller caliber weapons (given the seemingly excessive number of fatal wounds) are really all we can surmise. Also, I don't believe the number 32 was ever confirmed to be the number of unique fatal shots or the number of GSWs (there's a difference). There could have been fewer than 20 actual shots. Until more information is released, it is fairly pointless to try to guess the weapon based on firearm or magazine capacities.

We know Kenny had one bullet, Chris had nine bullets, Gary had three bullets. That leaves 19 bullets for the other five victims, making a total of 32 bullets. I don't know why LE has not broken those 19 down to the remaining victims. Surely that info could be released, as well as the official times of death. Maybe that's not really important by LE thinking, but it would help us put things in perspective. I don't see how that info could have any affect on the case. Are autopsies public info in Ohio?[/QUOTE

JMO but although we can pretty much keep our cool on this website; I don't know if the general public can. ( also passionate fan of ID channel). If you lived in pike county and knew the younger victims or Dana, and heard they had been shot five times in the head and had been badly beaten how would you react? You talk about HIllbilly Justice......I think that's part of the reason they haven't let us know about who was shot how many times.

Hadn't thought about that angle. Yes, that info could be extremely upsetting. But LE has already given us the breakdown, just not the names, so everyone knows that averages out to roughly 4 shots per person. Not giving TOD just seems stupid to me. We've all pondered the fact the babies were spared, and have several theories, all are a possibility. When LB FD from my home town was stabbed, her kids, ages 11/2 - 6, were spared. A local cop whose family were friends found her the next morn. His wife asked him to take her some clothes she had saved for the girls. The oldest daughter was wandering outside in front of their MH. He stopped and the little girl told him she couldn't wake her mommy up.

The FD above is my fingers getting in the way!

Of course I was rattling off information that dawned on me from trying to get a perspective on one man perpetrator,
Cartel perpetrators, etc.anyone..The way I was inserting types of weapons was irregular to say the least, but there are
certain criteria that must be released for me to form much of a worthy speculation.What I want to know is: the order in
which the victims were selected..Of course the size and type of weapon would help...I think we can assume that all
weapons were of a cheap brand.(throw-a-ways) However,throw-a-ways might jam and the killer never viewed using
cheap weapons because of a desire to be professional..And I am leaning on the theory that the serial killer acted
alone and his motive was to rid the world of undesirables...don't blame me for rattling on.J.M.O. Again

Of course I was rattling off information that dawned on me from trying to get a perspective on one man perpetrator,
Cartel perpetrators, etc.anyone..The way I was inserting types of weapons was irregular to say the least, but there are
certain criteria that must be released for me to form much of a worthy speculation.What I want to know is: the order in
which the victims were selected..Of course the size and type of weapon would help...I think we can assume that all
weapons were of a cheap brand.(throw-a-ways) However,throw-a-ways might jam and the killer never viewed using
cheap weapons because of a desire to be professional..And I am leaning on the theory that the serial killer acted
alone and his motive was to rid the world of undesirables...don't blame me for rattling on.J.M.O. Again

Respectfully, why do you think it was a serial killer?

Respectfully, why do you think it was a serial killer?

I think I have read--I could be mistaken--that killing that many people in several locations over a period of time makes him/her/them a serial killer by definition. Depending on the motivation it might turn out to be a spree killer or a hit man or something else, but I think these days the FBI considers them all to be kinds of serial killers.

ok I just found out some info about grandpa rhoden and it's gross. MOD how do I discuss if it is appropreiate (sp) to post or not? I will post a website if it is wrong then I guess it will be removed. Sex Offender Record for Clarence Rhoden 45661

I think I have read--I could be mistaken--that killing that many people in several locations over a period of time makes him/her/them a serial killer by definition. Depending on the motivation it might turn out to be a spree killer or a hit man or something else, but I think these days the FBI considers them all to be kinds of serial killers.

It had been my understanding that 'serial killing' included multiple victims with a cooling off period between murders.

http://definitions.uslegal.com/s/serial-killer/

Serial killer is a term describing a type of killer who kills a number of people over a long period of time. They ar generally male and motivated by a variety of psychological urges, primarily power. The United States Bureau of Justice Statistics defines a serial killing as: "[involving] the killing of several victims in three or more separate events." They are distinguished from spree killers in that they have rest periods between killings.

I 've noticed"serial killer" is used on TV to describe a murderer when it doesn't apply. I 'm hooked on Destination America, and on "when Ghosts Attack" about a guy who accidentally killed a young girl and blinded his wife a serial killer and that was the only crime he had committed. He was trying to kill his wife and killed the girl because he made a mistake in the dark.

I 've noticed"serial killer" is used on TV to describe a murderer when it doesn't apply. I 'm hooked on Destination America, and on "when Ghosts Attack" about a guy who accidentally killed a young girl and blinded his wife a serial killer and that was the only crime he had committed. He was trying to kill his wife and killed the girl because he made a mistake in the dark.

If it wasn't a retired detective who used the term I would have just thought it was a mistake...

ADMIN NOTE: sleuthing persons not named suspects or POIs and/or posting info that cannot be sourced via MSM (ie rumor) is against TOS

Oh, a fellow paranormal weirdo like me! I watch 2 channels out of 1000, ID and Destination America!

I am leaning toward law enforcement quality pistols - S & W or Reugers... we earlier deduced that they have clips that carry 15 rounds. The million dollar question is if the weapons used to kill the Rhodens can be traced back to the original seller/owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak