OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for taking the time to locate those. I don't know when the definition got changed but obviously it has.

ETA: Research shows a FBI sponsored international symposium in 2005 formulated the new definition. It does still specify that the time period between murders separates serial murder from mass murder.

They have become fairly vague as to what the time period needs to be, but I agree, it's unlikely to apply here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By simple deductions that I can't mention,,the answer to your question is without a doubt,YES.mo

Without calling anyone out, how do you suppose a single person pulled this off? I guess it would be easier since they were in separate locations but I can't comprehend how 1 person got 2 people in 1 home and 3 in another and the 4th location had the rowdy pit! It seems that someone at each location would have woken up and tried to flee or fight back. I am not referring to CR1 and GR, I think that scenario is pretty obvious. I suppose it's possible they were frozen in fear? I can't imagine the horror of the 2nd and 3rd victims in those locations!

All I need to know is in what order they were killed. If C R 1 and C.R were first, that sends me a great signal....How far
was their home from the second family killed? Like the song,"LittleThings Mean A lot " moo

All I need to know is in what order they were killed. If C R 1 and C.R were first, that sends me a great signal....How far
was their home from the second family killed? Like the song,"LittleThings Mean A lot " moo

I keep thinking that the two (2) that were found in bed that BJ? found first were the ones that whoever? thought they had what they wanted or had the answers they were looking for. The others were killed because they knew who it was. jmo idk

I had a H&K .40 caliber USP for work. Holds 13 rounds. I think it would be a good amount for each household.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I saw a video on Fbook that showed how fast one person could shoot hundreds of rounds with one AKA and a pistof...he hid clips in all of his jean pockets. Startling, really!

Without calling anyone out, how do you suppose a single person pulled this off? I guess it would be easier since they were in separate locations but I can't comprehend how 1 person got 2 people in 1 home and 3 in another and the 4th location had the rowdy pit! It seems that someone at each location would have woken up and tried to flee or fight back. I am not referring to CR1 and GR, I think that scenario is pretty obvious. I suppose it's possible they were frozen in fear? I can't imagine the horror of the 2nd and 3rd victims in those locations!

Trained, enraged and determined? Done and on his way out of KR's in 45 minuets - probably less time than that. They say two were within walking distance, one was a mile further. and the last, a ten minuet drive.

I think we are all waiting to hear official times, or more info. I don't know why, but I can't shake the feeling that CR and GR were the first. I have read and watched videos trying to find something any thing, but still that is my gut feeling. Moo

Trained, enraged and determined? Done and on his way out of KR's in 45 minuets - probably less time than that. They say two were within walking distance, one was a mile further. and the last, a ten minuet drive.

Oh, most definitely all of what you said is probably accurate. I'm estimating about 50 yards at most between CR1 and FR's trailers. Which is why I'm convinced the perp left out of the end window of the 1st trailer & around the back to the other trailer and entered through that open back window or vice versa. CR1 probably had keys to DRs. It could've even started at KRs.

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but this afternoon I went surfing the web and found a CNN transcript of the press conference that Sheriff Reader and Dewine had on April 24, 2016. The website is transcripts.cnn.com and it had the whole interview including what the press asked them and Tom Fuentes, CNN Law Enforcement Analyst opinions on the crime. It's a long transcript but was word for word of the whole press conference. If anyone would like to read it. I found Fuentes views very interesting.

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but this afternoon I went surfing the web and found a CNN transcript of the press conference that Sheriff Reader and Dewine had on April 24, 2016. The website is transcripts.cnn.com and it had the whole interview including what the press asked them and Tom Fuentes, CNN Law Enforcement Analyst opinions on the crime. It's a long transcript but was word for word of the whole press conference. If anyone would like to read it. I found Fuentes views very interesting.

Here's a direct link:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1604/24/cnr.04.html

And one to the main CNN transcript page:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/

Who is Fuentes

Has anyone else on here ever received a message from a guest in their notifications box?

I believe you are talking about visitor messages.

Your account settings are set to receive visitor messages. That means other members can leave you brief messages on your WS profile page. Only members may send visitor messages. Guest who are not members may not. Those messages are able to be viewed not just by you but by all members who visit your profile page.

Private messages are different and only viewable by the recipients or persons you forward them to.

I hope that is helpful.

I agree with nickandnora. From the beginning I knew in my heart Chris was shot 9 times. And I certainly believe he and Gary were killed first. I too wish LE would release official TOD. I 've done so much reading I can't remember what article it was in, but it was stated murders took place between 4a - 7a. I will post info when I see it again. This may have been a guess by LE early on, but I remember wondering why it hadn't stood out to me before. My thoughts personally are before 6a. I really can't wrap my head around this being the work of just one person, but the source it came from is probably more likely to be right than I am!

I agree with nickandnora. From the beginning I knew in my heart Chris was shot 9 times. And I certainly believe he and Gary were killed first. I too wish LE would release official TOD. I 've done so much reading I can't remember what article it was in, but it was stated murders took place between 4a - 7a. I will post info when I see it again. This may have been a guess by LE early on, but I remember wondering why it hadn't stood out to me before. My thoughts personally are before 6a. I really can't wrap my head around this being the work of just one person, but the source it came from is probably more likely to be right than I am!

I remember reading or hearing 4am to 7am early in the investigation also.

Good! I didn't dream it! After reading Ray's posts last nite (and more today), my mind has been going 10 different directions at once. I still need to look up info on the 1960's crime he told us about. I don't know if I have the ability to solve anything or not, but hopefully I can help in some way. I have followed this through every article and video avail., I feel like I know this family as well as I know some of my neighbors!

Of course I was rattling off information that dawned on me from trying to get a perspective on one man perpetrator,
Cartel perpetrators, etc.anyone..The way I was inserting types of weapons was irregular to say the least, but there are
certain criteria that must be released for me to form much of a worthy speculation.What I want to know is: the order in
which the victims were selected..Of course the size and type of weapon would help...I think we can assume that all
weapons were of a cheap brand.(throw-a-ways) However,throw-a-ways might jam and the killer never viewed using
cheap weapons because of a desire to be professional..And I am leaning on the theory that the serial killer acted
alone and his motive was to rid the world of undesirables...don't blame me for rattling on.J.M.O. Again

Hi Ray Pate,
Here is, in my opinion, the order of killing:

Killer first went to 3122. This site is further to the 2 others, so it is possible no one else heard.
- killed HR first. The only one in that house surprised in her bed
- then DR. She was found near a door, probably trying to leave
- finally CRjr, he was apparently found in a confined space. probably hiding. but the killer knew he was there. so he found him

Killer then went further to 4199 before going to 4077.
- killed FR and HHG straight in bed.

killer went to 4077, but CRSr and GR were up in the living room when killer arrived. probably woke up by noise from neighboring 4199
- GR first took the bullets straight to head or face.
- CRSr fought with gunman armed. Took bullets in extremities on foot and hand as he fought.
- killer finished them off with bullets to head

killer finish his job at left fork. surprised KR in his bed. One shot well placed was enough

As far as I know it was never officially confirmed, but the info came from Kenneth.

http://www.10tv.com/article/father-pike-co-murder-victims-says-killer-should-be-tortured

Kenneth said according to the coroner there were two different bullet casings found at the scene, leading him to believe this crimes were the acts of more than one person.

I have to say that finding two (2) different casings in any of the locations does not tell me that there were more then one killer. I have found casings in the 3 different homes that I have lived in and no one in the home was shot. In the area that this happened I would imagine that more then once there were shots fired from inside the locations at nuisance animals. jmo

Hi Ray Pate,
Here is, in my opinion, the order of killing:

Killer first went to 3122. This site is further to the 2 others, so it is possible no one else heard.
- killed HR first. The only one in that house surprised in her bed
- then DR. She was found near a door, probably trying to leave
- finally CRjr, he was apparently found in a confined space. probably hiding. but the killer knew he was there. so he found him

Killer then went further to 4199 before going to 4077.
- killed FR and HHG straight in bed.

killer went to 4199, but CRSr and GR were up in the living room when killer arrived. probably awoken by noise from neighoring house
- GR first took the bullets straight to head or face.
- CRSr fought with gunman armed. Took bullets in extremities on foot and hand as he fought.
- killer finished them off with bullets to head

killer finish his job at left fork. surprised KR in his bed. One shot well placed was enough
I know that many of you will struggle with that order which seems inconsistent with the cartel theory. But it is totally consistent with another one.

May I suggest we organize our thoughts and start storyboarding the case along 3 TRACKS to the case as per the discussions on this thread:

1) the business / cartel track: 1 or several killers. business/criminal motive related to drugs or other activity. ruthless but still rational.
2) the extended family track: 1 gunman very close from the family, lone male, probably single given night crime. planned but personal. motive is irrational like often in family killings. usual ends with suicide, but not here.
3) the serial killer track: lone killer. knows family, but not necessarily a member. has done it before in the area and will repeat.

I am on the "extended family track". Recent contributions I have made are related. In the coming days I will continue to develop it and I look forward to your ideas.

cheers. JK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member