OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The continuing questioning of family members is perfectly normal. I am imagining that as LE obtains new information, they might need to know how or if it is relevant. The family is a good source for determining this. For example, as they are researching VIN numbers, suppose they find a name of a previous or current owner. They might ask the family if they have ever heard of that person and want to know how the Rhodens might know him or her.

Wow - starting to have a lot of professional sounding posters here - unbelievable job you guys are doing - has anyone heard talk of this being on TV yet? I am way behind.

Sorry about the error...Howevever you designate the link, observation posted the information I was referring to
on 443,thread 18,, page thirty ..Also the link posted by Flatbush is the same one..thread 18,post 2016.page 36..

If you want our hard work to go south quickly, bring in t.v. There is no room for t.v. In old fashion police work. Moo

I believe it depends on device and setup. I have 35 pages. I think the page Ray referred to starts with post #436. Hope that helps.

I am confused as to his reference to order of killings. The only info I've seen on that was someones guess.

Yes, order of killing is just my opinion based on simple deduction that victims sleeping were killed first, others in the house or neighboring home naturally woke up.
Also the killer faced 2 men at close range. So this would lead to a fight and defense wounds.

Yes, order of killing is just my opinion based on simple deduction that victims sleeping were killed first, others in the house or neighboring home naturally woke up.
Also the killer faced 2 men at close range. So this would lead to a fight and defense wounds.

Thanks for responding. I should have chosen a better word than 'guess', since it is obvious you put a lot of thought into it.

Probably true about TV. They tend to do what is good for ratings for themselves.
I feel so bad for the family. All of them. The horror that the family suffered before they died had to be just beyond terrifying. And now the family left are consumed with grief and in fear for themselves and their families. No one deserves what any of this family has went through, and for the survivors will continue to go through.

If you want our hard work to go south quickly, bring in t.v. There is no room for t.v. In old fashion police work. Moo

Thank you for posting this link!

I can't imagine day in, day out the emotional toll this family is going through. I really do feel so terribly bad for them. I pray this case gets solved.
These two paragraphs sort of jump out at me a bit. Considering it has been two months, I find it odd they would still be "constantly" questioning surviving relatives....am interested in others opinions here. I am sure it is normal to question relatives, especially in the beginning, but two months in? Am I the off base to find this noteworthy?

BBM
The surviving relatives feel as if they are under an unfair microscope, she said, constantly asked to provide investigators with answers and information but given none in return.

“We’re all victims,” said one of Geneva's daughters, who did not want her name used for fear of her safety. "I believe in my heart," she said, that no one in the immediate Manley, Rhoden or Gilley families are murderers. So she doesn't see the need for such secrecy from investigators.

I honestly think one of them failed a polygraph if this is the case. Do you guys think it's safe to say BJM and DS have been polygraphed?

You know.. we are on the same track..... I wonder.

I honestly think one of them failed a polygraph if this is the case. Do you guys think it's safe to say BJM and DS have been polygraphed?

They were probably polygraphed if they agreed to it. I think it's possible one or more of the family members are withholding info from LE out of fear, not guilt. I remember a time when someone was growing pot on uninhabited land down the road from us. It was mostly wooded and scrub land. We didn't see them but knew what was up with the 5 gallon buckets left in trails from the road going back into the woods. One day on the way to town we saw them walking back with their buckets, and they saw us :eek: I told hubby I hoped they didn't get busted cause they'd think we turned them in. If anyone in the family knows or suspects who the perp/perps are, they're probably terrified that they will be blamed and harmed if someone else turns the perps in JMO. Actually, even if they don't have any idea who the perps are, they're still probably afraid the perps think they do.

Did he report this to LE? From what I recall, the source of this information is when his brother mentioned it in a comment to an online news article. I'm not convinced this happened at all. If it did, I don't know if the hunter has ever spoken with LE.

The brother claimed his brother contacted LE and told them what he knew, was interviewed.

No, I don't think they have. Polygraphs are not used as commonly as TV leads us to believe. Most jurisdictions, especially distressed rural counties like Pike, don't heavy ready access to the equipment or an expert to use it. This investigation has been all about getting a conviction; lie detector tests have been challenged in court repeatedly.

The family feeling like they are under a microscope tells me one of two things: 1) They don't understand how criminal investigations work (which is totally understandable), or 2) LE really does have evidence that is leading to them. My money is on #1 because I don't think investigators have been able to narrow the focus on a motive or possible perpetrator yet. If LE keeps coming back to the family, and they have nothing to hide, they need to help the investigators. BCI doesn't give a flying fig about unflattering information about the family or even possible minor criminal activity. They are trying to solve one of this country's most troubling mass murder cases. The family needs to cooperate to the fullest extent they can.

Boy, the Pike County Jail is getting full! They must have been bringing in everyone with old warrants and parking tickets. It seems like the roster grows by the hour. Why would they do that?

Hold people to see if they can add further charges?
Hope that someone with information cuts a deal to get out?
Other reasons???

Eight people have just been slaughtered. I seriously doubt if there's anybody who isn't afraid.

No, I don't think they have. Polygraphs are not used as commonly as TV leads us to believe. Most jurisdictions, especially distressed rural counties like Pike, don't heavy ready access to the equipment or an expert to use it. This investigation has been all about getting a conviction; lie detector tests have been challenged in court repeatedly.

The family feeling like they are under a microscope tells me one of two things: 1) They don't understand how criminal investigations work (which is totally understandable), or 2) LE really does have evidence that is leading to them. My money is on #1 because I don't think investigators have been able to narrow the focus on a motive or possible perpetrator yet. If LE keeps coming back to the family, and they have nothing to hide, they need to help the investigators. BCI doesn't give a flying fig about unflattering information about the family or even possible minor criminal activity. They are trying to solve one of this country's most troubling mass murder cases. The family needs to cooperate to the fullest extent they can.

You might be surprised how often polygraphs are used as an investigative tool. I would be shocked if BCI didn't polygraph some of the family members. I'm not saying they're always accurate but they're still used to help in ruling people in or out.

Boy, the Pike County Jail is getting full! They must have been bringing in everyone with old warrants and parking tickets. It seems like the roster grows by the hour. Why would they do that?

Hold people to see if they can add further charges?
Hope that someone with information cuts a deal to get out?
Other reasons???

Could you please send me the link so I can check it out? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members