OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cyril Wecht, a forensic pathologist and lawyer who has served as a consultant on numerous murder cases, agreed.

"This was planned and organized,'' he said, adding that he thinks perhaps someone close to the victims might have supplied information to the killers, either intentionally or unwittingly.

Both Fox and Wecht agreed one person was the prime target. The other victims were "secondary victims" -- either they could identify the killers or knew information that could easily lead police on their trail.

"Some were killed to cover up what they knew," Fox said. "This seems more punishing then message sending."

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...-investigation-scientists-work-cops/84433990/

I believe you are talking about visitor messages.

Your account settings are set to receive visitor messages. That means other members can leave you brief messages on your WS profile page. Only members may send visitor messages. Guest who are not members may not. Those messages are able to be viewed not just by you but by all members who visit your profile page.

Private messages are different and only viewable by the recipients or persons you forward them to.

I hope that is helpful.

Thank you again ticya! I'm learning, slowly, but I'm learning!

Hi Ray Pate,
Here is, in my opinion, the order of killing:

Killer first went to 3122. This site is further to the 2 others, so it is possible no one else heard.
- killed HR first. The only one in that house surprised in her bed
- then DR. She was found near a door, probably trying to leave
- finally CRjr, he was apparently found in a confined space. probably hiding. but the killer knew he was there. so he found him

Killer then went further to 4199 before going to 4077.
- killed FR and HHG straight in bed.

killer went to 4077, but CRSr and GR were up in the living room when killer arrived. probably woke up by noise from neighboring 4199
- GR first took the bullets straight to head or face.
- CRSr fought with gunman armed. Took bullets in extremities on foot and hand as he fought.
- killer finished them off with bullets to head

killer finish his job at left fork. surprised KR in his bed. One shot well placed was enough

That makes sense if the perps were waiting for everyone to settle in, that they would start at DR's. Her household was the most unpredictable with a newborn baby, her working late and a teenager. I worked weird hours for 10 years (red lobster) and getting home late after a double shift I had to "calm" down for at least 2 to 3 hours after work. Newborns need changed and feed every 2 to 3 hours and until you can get them on some kind of schedule are unpredictable. And a young teenager, need I say more? That would mean that DR had just got to bed and may not have been fully asleep when this happened. I think I read somewhere that she had been on the internet at around 2 am? I also read that her best friend thought that Dana was being "stalked". So she might have been having trouble sleeping from worrying. Chris Jr, being 16 and with a cell phone might have been playing games or talking to a friend in the wee hours, (my teenagers did that). Living in that trailer home, there wouldn't have been to many places you could hide. This would have terrified me, being a mother and having to watch my children being killed. What a nightmare!

I know that many of you will struggle with that order which seems inconsistent with the cartel theory. But it is totally consistent with another one.

May I suggest we organize our thoughts and start storyboarding the case along 3 TRACKS to the case as per the discussions on this thread:

1) the business / cartel track: 1 or several killers. business/criminal motive related to drugs or other activity. ruthless but still rational.
2) the extended family track: 1 gunman very close from the family, lone male, probably single given night crime. planned but personal. motive is irrational like often in family killings. usual ends with suicide, but not here.
3) the serial killer track: lone killer. knows family, but not necessarily a member. has done it before in the area and will repeat.

I am on the "extended family track". Recent contributions I have made are related. In the coming days I will continue to develop it and I look forward to your ideas.

cheers. JK

I don't know that it would be helpful to narrow the focus to just those three scenarios. It still could have been any number of people that felt they had been wronged by the Rhodens: a derby competitor, a road rage aggressor or victim, child custody contestant, etc.

I personally believe it is an ex-friend/lover. One primary killer acting with the help of sympathetic friends. Could be male or female, but probably both. Maybe there was someone in DR's past that had an obsession with her and her life. Maybe CR was in a relationship that ended badly.

New article from the Columbus Dispatch. There's no new information, but between Geneva and Leonard's statements, it's apparent they know more than us and are not allowed to discuss it. Unfortunately, they don't know enough to feel safe or have closure. What a purgatory!

I have never been able to confirm this and I have spent quite a bit of time trying.

I think the 2 am thing stemmed from FB use. Some see more than others. I've never seen the FB before it became a memory page, and I looked at it the evening it all happened! Some say they have seen a post around 2 am from her.

Hi Ray Pate,
Here is, in my opinion, the order of killing:

Killer first went to 3122. This site is further to the 2 others, so it is possible no one else heard.
- killed HR first. The only one in that house surprised in her bed
- then DR. She was found near a door, probably trying to leave
- finally CRjr, he was apparently found in a confined space. probably hiding. but the killer knew he was there. so he found him

Killer then went further to 4199 before going to 4077.
- killed FR and HHG straight in bed.

killer went to 4077, but CRSr and GR were up in the living room when killer arrived. probably woke up by noise from neighboring 4199
- GR first took the bullets straight to head or face.
- CRSr fought with gunman armed. Took bullets in extremities on foot and hand as he fought.
- killer finished them off with bullets to head

killer finish his job at left fork. surprised KR in his bed. One shot well placed was enough

Did you read somewhere that CR2 was found in a confined space? I read an account of DRs brother that he went inside and seen her legs and backed out. That led me to believe she was either A. On the couch or B. In the hallway. If in the hallway, she was maybe running to wake her kids.

I have to say that finding two (2) different casings in any of the locations does not tell me that there were more then one killer. I have found casings in the 3 different homes that I have lived in and no one in the home was shot. In the area that this happened I would imagine that more then once there were shots fired from inside the locations at nuisance animals. jmo

I almost mentioned that in my post; when we discussed it some threads back, several people said the same thing.

ETA: And, even if two weapons were used, that doesn't prove two perps.

I almost mentioned that in my post; when we discussed it some threads back, several people said the same thing.

ETA: And, even if two weapons were used, that doesn't prove two perps.

In fact, in this case, you'd better have a backup in case of a malfunction!

I can not describe the satisfaction I feel when I read how my fellow guests here are digging and scratching to develope
some sort of logic in this complicated mess. Be of good cheer,before long, if we continue to put these pieces together,
L.E.is watching and like I stated before,the serial killer is watching our progress also.moo. I'd like to ask two important
questions..If a guest logs on and reads our blogs, can he/she be identified even if he/she uses a fictious name? The
other question is, I think when we applied for membership, we had to state some question about us that met
the qualifications to be a member of WS... The answer to those questions should determine our speculations
about this slaughter. I am going out on a limb and tell you that if LE runs into a brick wall that he fails to conquer ,,
his enormous staff will start looking at HARD DRIVES and discover a gold mine of information..moo..But, I think
that is down the road in time..Thanks for the information on the sequence of killings...Between your information
and the wonderful information posted in thread 18,page 30, will give us about all the information we need..keep working

I can not describe the satisfaction I feel when I read how my fellow guests here are digging and scratching to develope
some sort of logic in this complicated mess. Be of good cheer,before long, if we continue to put these pieces together,
L.E.is watching and like I stated before,the serial killer is watching our progress also.moo. I'd like to ask two important
questions..If a guest logs on and reads our blogs, can he/she be identified even if he/she uses a fictious name? The
other question is, I think when we applied for membership, we had to state some question about us that met
the qualifications to be a member of WS... The answer to those questions should determine our speculations
about this slaughter. I am going out on a limb and tell you that if LE runs into a brick wall that he fails to conquer ,,
his enormous staff will start looking at HARD DRIVES and discover a gold mine of information..moo..But, I think
that is down the road in time..Thanks for the information on the sequence of killings...Between your information
and the wonderful information posted in thread 18,page 30,will give us about all the information we need..keep working

there is no page 30 in thread 18- just an FYI. Not sure what you are referencing but I'm on tapatalk- maybe it's different. Only goes to page 27 in thread #18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for posting this link!

I can't imagine day in, day out the emotional toll this family is going through. I really do feel so terribly bad for them. I pray this case gets solved.
These two paragraphs sort of jump out at me a bit. Considering it has been two months, I find it odd they would still be "constantly" questioning surviving relatives....am interested in others opinions here. I am sure it is normal to question relatives, especially in the beginning, but two months in? Am I the off base to find this noteworthy?

BBM
The surviving relatives feel as if they are under an unfair microscope, she said, constantly asked to provide investigators with answers and information but given none in return.

“We’re all victims,” said one of Geneva's daughters, who did not want her name used for fear of her safety. "I believe in my heart," she said, that no one in the immediate Manley, Rhoden or Gilley families are murderers. So she doesn't see the need for such secrecy from investigators.

New article from the Columbus Dispatch. There's no new information, but between Geneva and Leonard's statements, it's apparent they know more than us and are not allowed to discuss it. Unfortunately, they don't know enough to feel safe or have closure. What a purgatory!

Yes I remember reading many threads back that CR2 (apparently) had escaped the trailer and was trying to hide outside somewhere.

there is no page 30 in thread 18- just an FYI. Not sure what you are referencing but I'm on tapatalk- maybe it's different. Only goes to page 27 in thread #18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe it depends on device and setup. I have 35 pages. I think the page Ray referred to starts with post #436. Hope that helps.

I am confused as to his reference to order of killings. The only info I've seen on that was someones guess.

IMO, if this was " well planned" and about revenge or getting even, half the satisfaction was in the planning. Running it over and over in their minds (I think it was more than one) would become exciting and rewarding at the same time to them. You would plan what kind of weapons, equipment, clothes, different scenarios in case it started going wrong. I think it did to a point, because of the wounds on CR 1, or maybe that was part of the plan to , watching him suffer because you had him and his family and he knew it.

To stalk and gather info about all of them, would take awhile. Dana had just moved there from Lucasville? in March. So at least a month or so. She needed time to develop a routine. IMO, (just one of them) it reminds me of a hunter, it was turkey season, so seeing hunter's in the area wouldn't cause suspension if they were watching them. Also, I think CR 2's friends mentioned that the kids were very territorial about their road and who was driving on it. (FB) (we kinda know the reason's why now).

IMO, the planning was the "fun" part, the murders were just the end result. You'd think somebody was running around for awhile, highly excited from all the adrenaline running through their veins after completing the murders , or maybe being smug about " outsmarting" all the officials and the public. I feel somebody does know something. I just don't see the perps not wanting to get some "feed-back" for their "amazing skills" Again, all this is JMO.

Thank you for posting this link!

I can't imagine day in, day out the emotional toll this family is going through. I really do feel so terribly bad for them. I pray this case gets solved.
These two paragraphs sort of jump out at me a bit. Considering it has been two months, I find it odd they would still be "constantly" questioning surviving relatives....am interested in others opinions here. I am sure it is normal to question relatives, especially in the beginning, but two months in? Am I the off base to find this noteworthy?

BBM
The surviving relatives feel as if they are under an unfair microscope, she said, constantly asked to provide investigators with answers and information but given none in return.

“We’re all victims,” said one of Geneva's daughters, who did not want her name used for fear of her safety. "I believe in my heart," she said, that no one in the immediate Manley, Rhoden or Gilley families are murderers. So she doesn't see the need for such secrecy from investigators.

It's a great observation, but it does appear to be a large family. Getting to the bottom of everyone's story may be time consuming. JMHO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hmmm, I am replying to this post on page 35, thread 18. I'm on an iPhone logged in websleuths.com. Not using the tapatalk app.

and the wonderful information posted in thread 18,page 30, will give us about all the information we need..keep working

Umb, Mr. Pate, I'm pretty much guessing about some things. You know JMO, I have a good imagination and am a "crime buff". My grandpa used to read "True Detective" and lived in the country. I love to read and figure out mysteries. I was a city kid and there wasn't much to do except read when we "visited". So I guess.....thank you?

Yes I remember reading many threads back that CR2 (apparently) had escaped the trailer and was trying to hide outside somewhere.

I remember it mentioned here and iirc maybe was a "local rumor" that he was the one shot 9 times outside running from perp. I don't think it's been officially released though. There has been so much speculation it's just so hard to remember what's fact and the sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez