OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this why posters are fixated on cartels? The threat was not revealed by LE. So Daily Mail goes bananas with it?

Don't think that is why. The cartel activity has been there and then the way they have worded the pressers about the killings speaks to a professional hit IMO.

Is this why posters are fixated on cartels? The threat was not revealed by LE. So Daily Mail goes bananas with it?

A sophisticated mass execution-style killing of a family growing commercial amounts of cannabis, in a town where the drug trade is run by the cartels.
That is why some of us are fixated.

A sophisticated mass execution-style killing of a family growing commercial amounts of cannabis, in a town where the drug trade is run by the cartels.
That is why some of us are fixated.

Well, maybe, but that doesn't say much for DEA, FBI, and ATF intel, does it? JMO So, it takes a massacre for them to figure it out?

Well, maybe, but that doesn't say much for DEA, FBI, and ATF intel, does it? JMO So, it takes a massacre for them to figure it out?

Takes a massacre for them to do something about it.

I'm confused what the question is.
I don't know how much the DEA, FBI, or ATF did or did not know about this operation before the murders.
I've speculated before that I thought they did know about the operation beforehand.
Even if they didn't, is that really so unheard of? Are all stateside grow operations known of by the police?
They are aware of the cartel activity, and Sheriff Reader has been really cracking down on cannabis-related crime in the town (Operation Clean Sweep.)

A major COA's then. Disgusting. Certainly not surprising, tho. JMO

It isn't unusual, pot is low on the totem pole and there could be deputies that have been paid to mind their own business. They have a drug force in Piketon, I don't know how they didn't know about this, unless they were gathering evidence and this happened before they could.

The sophistication and covering tracks is just not screaming "good ole boy hunters" to me.

Killing 8 people and getting away and covering a crime scene takes a lot more than a good knowledge of guns and hunting.

I think you are right. Eight people systematicaly murdered in four locations and evidence covered up seems to beyond the ability, and the desires of nearly all locals with a grudge.

I can see angry locals solving honor issues, disputes over *advertiser censored* fighting proceeds, and even disputes centered on mid level commercial drug dealing through drive by shootings with unusually accurate gun fire (country boy shooters) at the "patriarch's" home, an ambush killing of a male family member(s) in a bar parking lot after close, or maybe even a clumsily impulsive attack on a single home.

I just dont see them attempting the carefully planned, and systematic murder of eight people at different locations though.

Looking at the amount of pot the Sheriff was showing in the drug bust back in Feb, why would anyone having 3 pot farms growing their own have pot sent to them from Calif? At the location of the Feb drug bust they were making the oil prob to sell the pot and oil. JMO

Might the box of pot have been a set-up by another grower? If you want your pot growing competition to get caught, why not send them a big bale of pot that reeks strongly enough that someone is bound to notice? Cops look into it, find the grow operation, and your competition goes to jail.

I'm confused what the question is.
I don't know how much the DEA, FBI, or ATF did or did not know about this operation before the murders.
I've speculated before that I thought they did know about the operation beforehand.
Even if they didn't, is that really so unheard of? Are all stateside grow operations known of by the police?
They are aware of the cartel activity, and Sheriff Reader has been really cracking down on cannabis-related crime in the town (Operation Clean Sweep.)

Question was about Federal Agencies INTEL....must be shabby if none had a clue about Mexican Cartel activity in rural ohio. JMO

I'm still shocked no presser yet today, this is world news..

Question was about Federal Agencies INTEL....must be shabby if none had a clue about Mexican Cartel activity in rural ohio. JMO

Oh they knew about the cartel activity, been working on it for years.

I've posted articles showing the cartel is alive and well in Ohio, and in the heartland. The Govt has articles with maps showing where they're very active all over the country. There's also unsolved murders in that area, which isn't surprising drugs are common there. In Jan there was the execution of a woman in her bed shot in the head, and her teen daughter as she ran away. This was county close by. Her and Hanna knew one another and their friends are connected. It's a fact the cartel is in the area, however with everyone knowing that this could've been planned to look like a cartel hit.

Oh, they did. Which is part of what makes this so weird. There are articles dating back to 2012 about the influx of cartels, and the control they have over the drug trade. There have been multiple busts on pot farms that were cartel operated in Southern Waverly, which is right next to PIketon.

Might the box of pot have been a set-up by another grower? If you want your pot growing competition to get caught, why not send them a big bale of pot that reeks strongly enough that someone is bound to notice? Cops look into it, find the grow operation, and your competition goes to jail.
"A law enforcement source has confirmed that investigators found some 200 marijuana plants in theexecuted Ohio family's indoor grow operation, CBS News senior investigative producer Pat Milton reports.
Each plant could produce about one pound of marijuana. A pound of high-grade quality marijuana has a street value of about $2,000."
*http://www.cbsnews.com/news/facebook-threat-targeted-executed-ohio-family/

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

DUH only works 'til a massacre, apparently. Either that, or this is a good ol' boy revenge scenario. JMO Why were these people not busted a long time ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiw1234