OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, they were expecting something before they got there (first arrivals BJM etc.) I don't think what they found was what they expected. I say this because of what they said to her that night (LE asking how much money she was paid to kill her family) and when Reader had the family and friends in the church (someone in here knows what happened), James Manleys truck being towed( the one he was driving that belonged to CR1) , LM saying he has no hate in his heart, BJM helping CR1 take care of the children and cleaning his house (knows the layouts quite well). IMO Dana was not to happy about this. All this is JMO. I also think that the Manleys are either the "family members" the LE is worried about or are saying that to get them to talk. JMO.
I tend to agree. I don't think that the victims were expecting anything but, just from all indications of those first on the scenes, I must agree, that it seems they were, but maybe not what they found.

IMO, to get the public and media off their butts for awhile.

Agree. Today is four month's since the day it happened. Family, public, and media, expect something.

He said he saw Dana's legs if I remember that specifically, and then "backed out".

I've read two different versions. One that family members said he found his sister. One that he heard the infant crying and backed out. Neither were verbatim from him though.

Family said he found DR
http://www.chillicothegazette.com/story/news/2016/04/27/discovery-family-massacre/83594762/

Then in this one BJM says she doesn't remember how JM came to find DR, but, JM's wife states; "He could hear the baby crying and he backed up out of there,'' said his wife, April Manley, in a separate interview describing what her husband told her. "He didn't want to find his niece like that."
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/05/11/pike-county-not-leaving-those-babies-there/84194756/

But, I've not been able to find where JM has actually said anything himself.

There is no way I can tell you my best friend's address without looking it up or asking. I know where it is, but never paid any attention to the number.

No, but, my family and I all lived within two miles of one another, on the same road, at one time. If I had gone to one of their homes, everyday, to take care of their animals, and clean their home, I'd have some idea of their address since it was obviously written on the mailbox. I'm not saying my mind would not have gone blank if I'd found them murdered though.

I've read two different versions. One that family members said he found his sister. One that he heard the infant crying and backed out. Neither were verbatim from him though.

Family said he found DR
http://www.chillicothegazette.com/story/news/2016/04/27/discovery-family-massacre/83594762/

Then in this one BJM says she doesn't remember how JM came to find DR, but, JM's wife states; "He could hear the baby crying and he backed up out of there,'' said his wife, April Manley, in a separate interview describing what her husband told her. "He didn't want to find his niece like that."
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/05/11/pike-county-not-leaving-those-babies-there/84194756/

But, I've not been able to find where JM has actually said anything himself.

I haven't either. I really don't remember him speaking at all. LM was doing the talking in the beginning but has clammed up since. Wonder what was said to him? I can't put my finger on what's going on, but just have a strong feeling about the Manley's knowing something. For some reason IMO, BJM knew pretty much what went on in those homes before the murders. I just think, she was the family gossip (another feeling). I also feel she felt like an outsider compared to the others in the family and got her self worth through helping her family out. I could be wrong (and am a lot) but I get this impression of her from what I've heard about her.JMO

I am thinking that the third kid wasn't contested in terms of custody, or there may have already been some custodial agreement in place with the grandparents. So--not so much that the kid didn't need protection, but that protection for the other two was due in part to them being in county custody and there being a need for a court to make decisions. Going to court is a part of what was posing a danger. Not apparently an issue for the kid already placed. Bureaucratic blinders, as it were.

I think I said this before, but, I'll be that person again, jic. BBM Most likely that's true in the toddler's case. If, however, there was no binding agreement signed at the hospital, nor dna test done, after both of the babie's births, then the courts would have dna tests performed on both infants. Those tests would probably take at least six weeks to come back which would delay the process for two or more of the applicants wanting custody.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...scoff-pike-county-sheriffs-comments/88507184/

Family: Why no protection for other child?
Some family members scoff at Reader's assertions, saying if danger remains why hasn't the county, the sheriff's office or the attorney general's office checked on the other surviving child, BR, 3, who is now living with his mother. Some say Reader's comments have put the larger community on edge -- again.

"Ask me how many calls I have gotten to check on BR'' said Samantha Robinson, the toddler's grandmother. "Zero."

I like everyone on here am expressing my thoughts, my theories, and opinions. Bouncing around different ideas to see what "sticks" I respect all of everyone's opinions. I am done arguing about someone knowing an address. Questions's were asked and I answered the best way I could. I like a lot of people am exasperated by this case and get a little to passionate in my comments sometimes. I have my beliefs as everyone has theirs. If I have offended, I am sorry.

It's very hard to offend me. lol

It is strange that they don't even check on the 3 year old. Unless they no there is no danger to him. In that case they probably have a pretty idea of who done it and their motives. *or It could be because of the whole custody battle itself posing a potential threat to the wellfair of those 2.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

I haven't either. I really don't remember him speaking at all. LM was doing the talking in the beginning but has clammed up since. Wonder what was said to him? I can't put my finger on what's going on, but just have a strong feeling about the Manley's knowing something. For some reason IMO, BJM knew pretty much what went on in those homes before the murders. I just think, she was the family gossip (another feeling). I also feel she felt like an outsider compared to the others in the family and got her self worth through helping her family out. I could be wrong (and am a lot) but I get this impression of her from what I've heard about her.JMO

You and I are on the same wavelength. I also think she was tighter w/the Rhodens than her own blood kin, and had been for years.

It is strange that they don't even check on the 3 year old. Unless they no there is no danger to him. In that case they probably have a pretty idea of who done it and their motives. *or It could be because of the whole custody battle itself posing a potential threat to the wellfair of those 2.

And his family is not happy about it. MOO

The only thing that would make sense is if their is a battle over custody going on within the family OR, if this case does revolve around them specifically. We know RR belonged to HG and FR, we know SW is JW's child, we know BR is CR's child, what we don't know is the paternity of KR.

So, just curious, why do an interview at all? What would be the point? Why not just release a statement saying no new updates? And why would the choose him?

Exactly!

The only thing that would make sense is if their is a battle over custody going on within the family OR, if this case does revolve around them specifically. We know RR belonged to HG and FR, we know SW is JW's child, we know BR is CR's child, what we don't know is the paternity of KR.

I'd say the state still ran dna on RR unless Acknowledgement of Paternity was signed before they left the hospital, or, they'd already done a legal paternity dna test prior to their deaths. Otherwise, the state does not recognize FR as the bio father since they were not married.

How did we get distracted from this?

The children remain in the care of foster parents. Most family members have not been allowed visitation -- including supervised visitation -- with the children since they were placed in state care on April 22. They say they have been told that Rhoden family members remain under suspicion.

I'd say the state still ran dna on RR unless Acknowledgement of Paternity was signed before they left the hospital, or, they'd already done a legal paternity dna test prior to their deaths. Otherwise, the state does not recognize FR as the bio father since they were not married.

I'd say the paternity of RR was established when the child was born. FR and her dated for a while beforehand and were engaged! I suppose there is ALWAYS a possibility of one straying though!

I'd say the paternity of RR was established when the child was born. FR and her dated for a while beforehand and were engaged! I suppose there is ALWAYS a possibility of one straying though!

The state doesn't care though unless they were married. Name on the birth cert. isn't enough these days.

Well, unless things have changed since I was widowed at 21 with a 10 mo old and one 2yrs, 8mo, the government will accept birth certificate info of father listed. So Chelsie can get Soc Sec for her son, regardless if there was a marriage or not. If Frankie's name is on BC, he is considered the father, legally.

P.S. Soc Sec is federal, they aren't concerned about state R's &R's. I know y'all know that, just a reminder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tattvaspa895