OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But with all due respect to you, she was there everyday to feed the animals. I think that most families have a "family gossip" ( I know we do) you know the one that has to know what everyone's doing and "speading" the news with other family members. Weather it's their "business" or not. In our family, we just know not to tell that person anything that is important to us. This person in our family likes to imbelish the stories with whatever makes them seem like the good guy. JMO

There is no way I can tell you my best friend's address without looking it up or asking. I know where it is, but never paid any attention to the number.

So how do you explain Reader's position on the child custody hearings and also the gag order?

What he was going after at that point was a closed hearing. I would imagine that he has some information about family members who might be vulnerable. I would also imagine that he'd not be interested in tipping his hand to the public.

Putting kids into a family where someone has a price on their head, so to speak, would be a bad idea--even if there were an iron-clad guarantee that the kids would never get physically hurt.

But with all due respect to you, she was there everyday to feed the animals. I think that most families have a "family gossip" ( I know we do) you know the one that has to know what everyone's doing and "speading" the news with other family members. Weather it's their "business" or not. In our family, we just know not to tell that person anything that is important to us. This person in our family likes to imbelish the stories with whatever makes them seem like the good guy. JMO

Yes, we have one of those. Wait. Two actually. LOL. But what does that have to do with knowing their address?

Not sure I'd dismiss the drug angle. I mean, we have only a small fraction of the evidence at our disposal. DeWine, who has complete access to all the investigative reports, has said the crime is probably drug-related. The mj grow ops, I'm guessing, put some of the Rhodens in contact with some bad dudes. But at this point it's hard to be more specific. I could be wrong, of course.

As they say, when you hear hoof beats, think horses, not zebras.

A commercial grow operation, even a small one, suggests connection with criminals. Also suggests a multiplicity of motives associated with that commerce.

Hard to come up with any alternate motives (jealousy, theft, anger, sick sport) big enough to wipe out 8 people at one time.

I guess I'll be that person. I don't know where Dewine was going with that, if anywhere, but I'll admit, I did find it worth taking note that he did focus on HR and her infant. Probably b/c I have thought about all three children, in the home, w/ deceased parents, and both scenes are equally horrifying, in my mind's eye, anyway. The toddler somewhat more-so than the infant and six month old, b/c he had to have some awareness that something was very wrong with Mommy & Daddy, and he was in his home, all alone, with his deceased parents, except for his baby brother, who is sitting in bed w/their parents, and covered in their blood. Now, for being that person. None of us know how we would react in any situation, until we are in said situation, but, I feel that I'd have gone in and gotten the baby, had I heard her crying. I feel I would have gone in, even if I hadn't heard the baby crying. I'm just saying, that I'd not have immediately leaped to the conclusion that everyone was deceased, and beyond help. No two people think alike though.
I haven't thought about that. Need to read it all again...

When I was watching that part it seemed to me more like he was trying to dodge the question without saying something cold as in no comment or I'm not going to answer that. JMO

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

I am thinking that the third kid wasn't contested in terms of custody, or there may have already been some custodial agreement in place with the grandparents. So--not so much that the kid didn't need protection, but that protection for the other two was due in part to them being in county custody and there being a need for a court to make decisions. Going to court is a part of what was posing a danger. Not apparently an issue for the kid already placed. Bureaucratic blinders, as it were.

The other thing interesting in that interview is about involvement of homeland security. finding about other illegal activities. Any idea on the scope of homeland security? Why would they be there?

My thought would be that they would be interested in any potential Mexican connection.

Regarding the DeWine interview: What he DID tell us is that they now know a lot more about all the criminal activity in PC, and I've looked in on the "current inmate" lists now and then, and people are being arrested all over. Last time I checked a groupe of 5-6 fb-friends were incarserated, most of them for manufacturing. It looks to me there has been an increase in drug related arrests in both Pike and surronding counties in the last few months (but I could be wrong). Anyway, I'm starting to think DeWine and all the involved agencies are using this investigation to "clean up" in the area, and hoping they'll stumble over the murderers in the process. MOO

Yep. Folks with knowledge are more likely to start singing if they can use it to save their own asses.

Dr
When Dana's brother made the statement about seeing her legs, the only two scenarios that seem to fit is she was killed in the LE, or when he was going to step into her bedroom he saw her legs. It has never been clarified as to what room she was in. I'm thinking she was in her bedroom, most likely in the front part of the house, and the two kids bedrooms were in the back of the house. He already knew Chris, Gary, Frankie and Hannah were dead, now Dana too?!! At that point, he probably knew he would not find either of the two younger kids alive. I too, would have gone in and got the baby, but maybe he was just so stunned he couldn't do it. Too much brain overload to comprehend at that moment.

Yes, we have one of those. Wait. Two actually. LOL. But what does that have to do with knowing their address?

When Dana meet Chris Sr (at age fifteen I think) the Rhodens and Manley's became one family. Tony Rhoden (CR1"s brother) said that once you become family, you are a member for life. What I'm getting at is, BJM has been a member of the family for years, CR1's father (Clarence) lived their for years, BJM was mentioned in the father's obit.
Dana and CR1 lived there with their family before they divorced. Don't you think that someone who has lived there, worked there for over 20 something years would remember the address?

Hard to come up with any alternate motives (jealousy, theft, anger, sick sport) big enough to wipe out 8 people at one time.
I cannot disagree more. Usually, the more people are killed , crazier is the motive. And most of the time, it's well planned.

There is a mass shootings nearly every week. You can verify how that rule works

When Dana meet Chris Sr (at age fifteen I think) the Rhodens and Manley's became one family. Tony Rhoden (CR1"s brother) said that once you become family, you are a member for life. What I'm getting at is, BJM has been a member of the family for years, CR1's father (Clarence) lived their for years, BJM was mentioned in the father's obit.
Dana and CR1 lived there with their family before they divorced. Don't you think that someone who has lived there, worked there for over 20 something years would remember the address?

Honestly? No. She knew where they lived. It's no different than someone driving to Walmart. I'd bet most people know where their local Walmart is, but probably couldn't tell you it's "18932 Oak Tree Lane". They just know how to get there.

My grandma has lived in only two houses all my life. Although I remember her 1st address from when I was younger, I can never remember her address she lives in now. She moved there when I was 15. I think because when I was little we were trained to remember those things in case if we would become lost. Ever since I have become old enough to navigate on my own there was no need. The only time I need an address now is if I mail something (which is never) or if I'm plugging it in to my GPS. I can say I don't know anybodies address now off the top of my head. I know where they are according to streets and landmarks.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

I remember being in Girl Scouts, (Jr. High) all of us were 13 - 14, and we were asked if we knew where the library was. Yes, everybody said. But only one of us knew it was on 5th Ave. I had lived there all my life, and I knew it was on the corner of Ash and...something!

My thought would be that they would be interested in any potential Mexican connection.

Sure. Could be Mexican connection. Could be about fire arm legislation as well or anything else. Why not home grown threats?
That's HLS too?

Honestly? No. She knew where they lived. It's no different than someone driving to Walmart. I'd bet most people know where their local Walmart is, but probably couldn't tell you it's "18932 Oak Tree Lane". They just know how to get there.

IMHO, it is hard enough to get my own address right when I have to dial 911 and while I might be stressed it has never been the kind experienced in this case.

I like everyone on here am expressing my thoughts, my theories, and opinions. Bouncing around different ideas to see what "sticks" I respect all of everyone's opinions. I am done arguing about someone knowing an address. Questions's were asked and I answered the best way I could. I like a lot of people am exasperated by this case and get a little to passionate in my comments sometimes. I have my beliefs as everyone has theirs. If I have offended, I am sorry.

As they say, when you hear hoof beats, think horses, not zebras.

A commercial grow operation, even a small one, suggests connection with criminals. Also suggests a multiplicity of motives associated with that commerce.

I agree. This crime seems professional. Clean ,efficient, and execution-style. No obvious evidence left behind. That the killers targeted people at four different sites rules out a random act of violence with or without a political or social aim (such as San Bernardino, Sandy Hook, or Charleston). Most mass murders that target a specific family (carried out by a family member or ex-) often end in suicide or the quick identification and apprehension of a single suspect). I doubt this crime was domestic in nature. (If it was, I think some of the survivors would've been aware of a family member with a serious, serious axe to grind.) No, this one seems to involve people under the radar and outside the family's social circle. At least, that's how I see it at the moment.

I like everyone on here am expressing my thoughts, my theories, and opinions. Bouncing around different ideas to see what "sticks" I respect all of everyone's opinions. I am done arguing about someone knowing an address. Questions's were asked and I answered the best way I could. I like a lot of people am exasperated by this case and get a little to passionate in my comments sometimes. I have my beliefs as everyone has theirs. If I have offended, I am sorry.

You didn't offend me. But I mean, if we don't agree, we just don't agree. :) It's no big deal, at least to me.

I hope you didn't feel I was arguing with you. You expressed your opinion and I tried to express mine, with respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member