OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious to know y'alls opinions about Charles Reader. In MY opinion since "day one" he's come across as genuine, honest and sincere. Someone who wouldn't compromise right and wrong and a man of his word. Thoughts?

Curious to know y'alls opinions about Charles Reader. In MY opinion since "day one" he's come across as genuine, honest and sincere. Someone who wouldn't compromise right and wrong and a man of his word. Thoughts?

Could not agree more. He is devastated by what happened and he wants justice. IMHO.

I tend to agree with you. Here's an article on Reader that was written not long after the murders. I think he's a good man, who genuinely cares for the people in his county. He inherited a LE Dept. w/some problems, and before he could straighten them all out, the murders happened, so it's made things more stressful, I'm sure, but, I do feel he's honest, and is doing what he feels is right. I don't know the man so I could have read him entirely wrong, but, that's my take on him, fwiw.
http://www.dispatch.com/content/sto...community-bolster-him-amid-investigation.html

I think so too. So I am willing to believe what he says. There is nothing tangible out there that proves he is not being honest.

Does anyone know if the list of people who have filed for custody is public? Where could I find it?

I think the Rhodens had information that could have affected some people in a very negative way...

IUBM

That is one theory that I have mulled over. If they were narcing, and someone they were narcing on found out, especially if it were someone who'd have an especially rough time serving time in prison.

However, I do think it could be something along the lines of long-simmering jealousy, hate, envy, etc... and something was the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak. That doesn't mean that whoever did this hadn't had months, or maybe even years, to go over this, in their head, find a partner, and put the plan in motion. A "crime of passion" is, many times, just given as an excuse, to try and get out of the "premeditation" charge, when they are caught.

Maybe I'm nit picking. Did I miss something? I was reading and listening to the AG interview. I heard him reference HR and the baby and how the killer knew this child would grow up without a mother.

Not that there are two babies (HR and HG) who will grow up without a mother.

Maybe I'm nit picking. Did I miss something? I was reading and listening to the AG interview. I heard him reference HR and the baby and how the killer knew this child would grow up without a mother.

I felt like it was just an interview comment. Not a slight at HG. I've always felt like a days old baby beside her dead mother was a little more horrifying news wise than a 6 month old. Also, BJM took the 6 month old out of the scene, along with his older brother. Unless someone ran in and got HR's baby out of the trailer, it almost sounds like she laid in there until LE arrived.

I've wondered about that.

We've seen less than 10 minutes of an hour interview so he might have talked more about the other children. Just a thought: I've always found the mother being shot next to her 4 day old to be the most unimaginable part of this crime. Very difficult for anyone to talk about it without the emotion overtaking them.

So you don't think there are cases where the husband kills his wife in a planned way?

And you also think that senseless mass murders are last minute snaps?
I think for the most part, killing a spouse seems to be for the most part heat of the moment. Big fight, somebody grabs a weapon...A clearly planned and executed murder of a spouse usually happens when the couple are separated. I don't have any statistics avail on the subject, just basing this on things I have personally heard about.
The Rhoden murders were planned, and I feel like everything played out according to that plan with the exception of Chris and Gary, and I still believe with all my heart there was an unexpected physical fight in that house, and that's why Chris was hit so many times.

Does anyone know if the list of people who have filed for custody is public? Where could I find it?
The article where Charlie G is sitting on the hood of his PU has alot compiled together, and he talks about he and his sister are waiting to see if they will get custody of R and K. There is also an article with JW talking about custody of K. The other article, I believe dated 6/6, tells of Leonard and Judy M filing for custody too. I will go back and see if I can find Jake's article. There is,(or was) a page for Jake for help for legal fees and he may have talked about K in that little blip of info.

James Manley heard her crying but wouldn't go all the way in to get here.He said he didn't want to see his niece that way. Looking at the timeline LE had to be who got the baby out.

The article where Charlie G is sitting on the hood of his PU has alot compiled together, and he talks about he and his sister are waiting to see if they will get custody of R and K. There is also an article with JW talking about custody of K. The other article, I believe dated 6/6, tells of Leonard and Judy M filing for custody too. I will go back and see if I can find Jake's article. There is,(or was) a page for Jake for help for legal fees and he may have talked about K in that little blip of info.
Ok thanks. So these are the 3 families. No other family members filed? For instance on the Rhoden side for R and K?

James Manley heard her crying but wouldn't go all the way in to get here.He said he didn't want to see his niece that way. Looking at the timeline LE had to be who got the baby out.

Thank you. I thought that was the timeline I remembered.

Kinda what I figured. That has always bugged me.

Criminologist Fox said the cops aren't trying to be difficult: "Families are often frustrated. That's not just true in the mountains of Appalachia. That's just how cops do their job. They just need to protect the information that only the killers would know."

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/08/20/dewine-rhoden-killers-familiar-family/88957604/

"This was not a spontaneous crime," Fox said. "Further, the perpetrators planned to get away with it. So police need some degree of luck here. Cases like this are often solved with a lucky break."

bbm

you can discuss the content of the letter to the editor regarding custody. You may not discuss the author's social media. thanks.

OK, now I'm confused! Been gone from here for a couple of hours, and I haven't got a clue as to what tlcya notified us about!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member