OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The mission of HSI is much broader than issues directly related to border security.

Two recent investigations that HSI was involved in. They were the lead agency in the Tulsa investigation:

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/6...agency-operation-targeting-heroin-traffickers

BBM

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/8-indicted-heroin-fentanyl-distribution-ring

I see the presence of HSI frequently in the drug trafficking cases I follow.

I suspect that HSI retains more collective information and knowledge regarding the various forms of drug trafficking organizations than any other federal agency, including DEA and the FBI.

Solvers and keepers of the big picture jigsaw puzzles, if you will.

When he said that though, I felt like he was tossing out a bone, but possibly one that went down a rabbit hole. It was just the way he said it and then immediately shut up about it. It just didn't sound like a slip up to me.

I found that to be quiet interesting.
I could be wrong, but I do not recall hearing either him or Pike Sheriff mention anyone personally in as much detail as he did there. He did that for a reason. Personally speaking I think its a clue.... a big one.
Also....even though like many I am frustrated with this dragging out, I think they know who did it. Perhaps a matter of connecting all the dots and there sure would be plenty of dots with 8 separate crime scenes in one!
He focused on HR and the baby for a couple minutes, maybe key in some way...
One thing we do know from this.... the murderer(s) were somewhat familiar with the homes.. That IS key. We have known this for awhile but for him to come out and say it tells me the Rhodens knew their killer, and the killer may have had help.

I took note of that too. The reason I did, was because, from BJM's description, the six month old was found, by her, in equally horrifying circumstances, and was left an orphan. I'm not saying he doesn't feel for that child, or his parents, but, like you, his attention to HR made me take note.

I'm still finding this the most interesting arrest since the massacre. This shows what has been going on between MX and Ohio and I'm not going to violate tos but he knew Rhodens I'm pretty sure.

http://mydailytribune.com/news/7649/dea-arrests-gallia-man

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Yeah, we have read about this guy and his arrests in earlier threads. I tend to believe be could have been acquainted with some of the Rhodens. Their proximity is close enough. I am thinking the links to his arrests are back in maybe thread 15 or 16, I'd have to go back and look. When my pain med kicks in, I'll see if I can find them. Two nights ago it dropped down in the 60's and we got an inch and a half of rain. So the nights and mornings have been really chilly for Aug. The damp cold really messes with my pain level. Sucks! OK, I'll stop whining! My grandmother's favorite statement was "Growing old is not for sissies!" Couldn't be more true.

Now it is down to two grow operations? "DeWine has declined to say if three commercial marijuana grow operations found on two of the Rhoden properties in April are central to the investigation."

I've listened and re-listened but I didn't hear him say two grow ops. I read the text below and,

DeWine has declined to say if three commercial marijuana grow operations found on two of the Rhoden properties in April are central to the investigation. Some family members have acknowledged that Kenneth Rhoden, who lived in a camper on Left Folk Road, and Christopher Rhoden Sr., who lived in a trailer on Union Hill Road, both grew pot. The family members said they were unaware of any high-volume growth.
Maybe I'm just brain dead.
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/08/20/dewine-rhoden-killers-familiar-family/88957604/

This would go along with him saying early on that he'd not comment if all victims knew about the grow ops. Maybe there were three, but only on two property locations. Everything belonged to CR1.

I think AG Mike said more about Hanna because he found that scenario the most shocking. Thinking about a newborn just home from the hospital who never even had a chance to bond. Of course Frankie's baby will have no memory of his parents, there was at least six months of living with his family. And B will always remember, although many of the memories will fade. I hurt for all of them but I know how it will affect the babies. Been there, done that with my two oldest boys.

I've listened and re-listened but I didn't hear him say two grow ops. I read the text below and,

Maybe I'm just brain dead.
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/08/20/dewine-rhoden-killers-familiar-family/88957604/

This would go along with him saying early on that he'd not comment if all victims knew about the grow ops. Maybe there were three, but only on two property locations. Everything belonged to CR1.

I worded that wrong, I meant two properties with grow operations. It was said grow operations on three properties at first...

After someone had mentioned earlier all the arrests taken place lately I decided to to some digging again. I found some very interesting names that I have been looking at for about a good week or more. I started looking into a few newer ones as well. But there was one in particular that I see has been arrested just a fewish days ago. I found connections to all the key family names I think are or very well could possibly be involved. Every connection I mark with a star. I was surprised he has the most. Although hes no Mark Twain or MichaelAngelo hes very interesting character. I wonder what he was charged with. I'm just sick of searching at this point.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

I could be wrong, but I do not recall hearing either him or Pike Sheriff mention anyone personally in as much detail as he did there. He did that for a reason. Personally speaking I think its a clue.... a big one.
Also....even though like many I am frustrated with this dragging out, I think they know who did it. Perhaps a matter of connecting all the dots and there sure would be plenty of dots with 8 separate crime scenes in one!
One thing we do know from this.... the murderer(s) were somewhat familiar with the homes.. That IS key. We have known this for awhile but for him to come out and say it tells me the Rhodens knew their killer, and the killer may have had help.

I'm glad we have something new to chew on. I do wish the reporter had pushed back when he said "They don't know" about the kids. She hesitated and started to, but backed off.

Jealousy, brewing over a long period of time, is one of my theories. I don't think it was all just jealousy over things, that their businesses allowed them to have, and enjoy. Although it could be part of it, this seems more personal than that. They seemed to be hard workers and the only illegal business activity that we know of, thus far, is the cannabis.

I don't think the jealousy was just over things either. I was using the word as an overall statement, the family bond they shared, the love and support they gave each other. Maybe envious would have been a better word. Business's include all the different ways they were getting ahead.

I think they know too.

I am adding up the focus on HR given in this interview and the "people know more than they are telling". It could be a message for someone.

I think AG Dewine was trying to pull at some heart strings with his interview. IMO talking about HR and the children (although I think he does really care) was his way of trying to get someone to talk. I think like a lot of people, that they do know or have some idea of who did this, and just need someone to help them "connect the dots". If this is what their after, it will take a lot of courage to come forward with that information. It's a question of morality or fear for their own safety. That's a "tall" order IMO.

I think they know too.

I am adding up the focus on HR given in this interview and the "people know more than they are telling". It could be a message for someone.

I think we're on the same wave length about this

I think they know too.

I am still thinking this was done by 18-25 years old perps. The parents are probably covering his/her butt.

IMHO, jealousy usually results in a crime of passion (think Jodi Arias); these murders were pre-planned, and conducted as executions - cold, methodical... Then again, one can just look at the DeFeo murders and see some similarities with the Pike County-Rhoden killings. I find it interesting that the children were not killed, I wonder how the subjects managed to get into their homes, and clearly they knew their dogs well enough so that they were not even an issue. Does anyone know if the dogs got injured? Anyway, I just don't believe these were crimes of passion - I think the Rhodens had information that could have affected some people in a very negative way...

I don't think the jealousy was just over things either. I was using the word as an overall statement, the family bond they shared, the love and support they gave each other. Maybe envious would have been a better word. Business's include all the different ways they were getting ahead.

I'm gonna have to mull this one over for awhile. I really didn't get the impression that he was focusing more on Hanna than the other family members, just maybe made everything seem worse. That's not really the word I'm looking for, because this is one of the worst crimes I have ever heard of. Hanna being the youngest mom, with two kids, one just home from the hospital, intensifies the whole case. And I still think if Charlie honestly felt the babies were in danger, he would have informed AG Mike, and he would have been at the custody hearing too.

IMHO, jealousy usually results in a crime of passion (think Jodi Arias); these murders were pre-planned, and conducted as executions - cold, methodical... Then again, one can just look at the DeFeo murders and see some similarities with the Pike County-Rhoden killings. I find it interesting that the children were not killed, I wonder how the subjects managed to get into their homes, and clearly they knew their dogs well enough so that they were not even an issue. Does anyone know if the dogs got injured? Anyway, I just don't believe these were crimes of passion - I think the Rhodens had information that could have affected some people in a very negative way...

So you don't think there are cases where the husband kills his wife in a planned way?

And you also think that senseless mass murders are last minute snaps?

How the hec does hec have green ink? I don't believe I heard anything about the frogs being injured.

How the hec does hec have green ink?

Hec, Would it be possible to use black? I have a lot of trouble reading the green (old eyes). Thanks.

ETA: None of the dogs were injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members