OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Much speculation, scant evidence for Mexican cartel involvement in Ohio mass slaying. http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/ne...-for-mexican-cartel-involvement-in-ohio-mass/

I don't know what the two cartel are or what they're up to. I just think this family, living in very modest circumstances, were tiny potatoes in the drug industry and it wouldn't be worthwhile for anyone seriously involved to take them out in this way. There's too much money to be made, if you know what you're doing, to waste time and risk that kind of thing.

However, some local hoods may imagine themselves to be big players, and having some sort of grudge, used this family to try to position themselves or prove something to somebody.

I agree. They were not major players in the retail or the production and they were not threats to anyone except other locals.

This crime does not have the signature of a drug/business hit. Drug business hits are much more targeted. Why go in 4 homes to kill 2 teen mothers?

Killing 8 is useless. If they were killed for something they knew, why not kill other people involved in CR, KR business who knew more?

Killing 8 is dangerous. Whoever went in these homes at night risked their own lives. Why risk leaving a dead hit man on site?

This cartel track does not make any sense. JMO. The family does not believe it either.

I have questions about that pot shipment, but at the same time, it passed thru several P.O.'s before it got to its destination. THEN suddenly it started smelling?? I doubt that! I think other stops it made along the way ignored it because they didn't want the hassle of dealing with LE. But I don't see how it might be connected to the Rhodens.

I have recently learned through the college kids I work with that mailing pot and other drugs happens all the time!

Hanna was not working at that time. It was stated that Hanna took a leave of absence two weeks before the baby was born. April 17 is the day she delivered.

Thanks you, it's the quote.

My point here is: did she come to these questions on her own or is she relaying the questions of investigators?
From the way the article read, I believe those are Kendra's questions. However, I don't think she knew for certain Kenny's gun was missing. I think she probably asked LE and they could have given her a vague answer such as they hadn't seen it, or they weren't aware he had a gun, leaving her to speculate.

I have recently learned through the college kids I work with that mailing pot and other drugs happens all the time!
That's bold. The P.O. has the right to open suspicious pkgs. I would hate to have my return address on something like that! I mailed a carton of cigarettes with some other things, I think a shirt and an airplane ticket. I knew nothing was illegal I just wondered if somebody might take it because they would be able to tell that was a carton of smokes! We hate to think the P.O. personnel would steal something, but it happens all the time.

I'd say that does happen quite a lot, but 38 pounds? That is a lot of pot to send through the mail. Whoever did it had few brains, and a lot of brass... To me, it smelled like a sting. I honestly don't know anyone stupid enough to send nearly 40 pounds of weed through the mail, especially packaged in such a way that the odor could escape (and I know some people who've done some stupid stuff).

Wasn't he killed with a single shot through his eye? That takes some precision I would think....as well as some anger or hatred. So specific.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

It could indicate something about why KR was killed and/or his relationship to the killer(s). Or it could be the easiest shot to the head depending on how he was laying (if he was sleeping when he was killed, something we don't know as a certainty).

Or the killer(s) might have watched the Godfather movies one too many times. Moe Greene was shot through the eye and it's a pretty well known scene.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/09/06/reunion-one-more-loss-for-family.html#

Not a lot of new information, but there are a few interesting statements toward the end of the article.

Thanks for posting that link.

Then, just two weeks ago, a Columbus television station aired a story that said a prosecutor in Kenton County, Kentucky, (just across the river from Cincinnati) told a reporter there “were similiarities” between a drug-related double-homicide in Elsmere, Kentucky, on April 5 and the Rhoden homicides two weeks later.Other media outlets picked up the story, and the implication that there could be a connection spread quickly. Once again, Tony said, the family found themselves wondering if there was any truth to the rumors. There wasn’t.
Rob Sanders, attorney for Kentucky’s 16th Judicial Circuit in Kenton County, told The Dispatch that the only similarities were generic — the two victims in Kentucky had been shot to death and four children in the home at the time went unharmed. Investigators there were in contact early on with the Pike County team simply to make certain nothing was being overlooked, he said.
“Many, many crimes have similarities, but for anyone to suggest that generic similarities equal a connection would be irresponsible and wrong,” he said.

It could indicate something about why KR was killed and/or his relationship to the killer(s). Or it could be the easiest shot to the head depending on how he was laying (if he was sleeping when he was killed, something we don't know as a certainty).

Or the killer(s) might have watched the Godfather movies one too many times. Moe Greene was shot through the eye and it's a pretty well known scene.

I did some searches to see if there was a significance to shooting someone through the eye. I couldn't find anything. One site mentioned that doing a Moe Greene meant shooting someone in the eye. One site mentioned stabbing people in the eyes meant the perps were keeping an eye or watching on the group attacked.

I think they were all, for the most part, asleep when they were murdered and, they either did not hit the T area, so the victims did not die immediately after the first shot, as expected by the assailant(s), or they double-triple tapped just because... Why overkill when your first shot is clean and efficient. The assailant(s) may have thought that shooting them through the eye would do the job, and it didn't, on FR, but it happened to on KR. So maybe KR was prior to FR. I'm rambling, I know, but, it doesn't seem they were very efficient in utilizing the "T-box".

I was under the impression DS just didn't show up that night. Not that he was there and left.

There has been mention of the vicious dog... I have wondered if Kenneth put Brownie "away" and left the door unlocked because he was expecting DS. IMO he may have sat up in bed when someone else entered his unlocked door (is this possible in his camper? ) and was shot immediately. Maybe they didn't have to get past the dog because he was secured somewhere already, and DS let him loose when he arrived that "afternoon" and this could explain the dog being loose when LE arrived

There has been mention of the vicious dog... I have wondered if Kenneth put Brownie "away" and left the door unlocked because he was expecting DS. IMO he may have sat up in bed when someone else entered his unlocked door (is this possible in his camper? ) and was shot immediately. Maybe they didn't have to get past the dog because he was secured somewhere already, and DS let him loose when he arrived that "afternoon" and this could explain the dog being loose when LE arrived

In my opinion KR's dog would have been the the one most difficult to get around. I'm sure it didn't see the number of people going in and out that the dogs
at the other houses would see. Dogs can get used to in and out traffic and get to where they ignore it. He may have put the dog in the bathroom or something
and went to bed expecting DS to show up later.

So James Howe bought some sudafed at Hannahs work then someone tipped off the police and he was arrested as he left? is that correct?? People saying that Hannah possibly tipped LE. theres a motive right there..

http://www.newswatchman.com/news/article_97fb87b5-4c5b-56f6-8927-e917266bae5f.html

thoughts?

Interesting that these meth supplies appear to have been picked up from HR's place of employment. I don't think she was working that day. Still, food for thought though....

If I was that cab driver I'd be scared to death after they spelled out in the article that s/he was the one who called LE. Meth and those who use it are on a whole different level than pot, IMO. Even pot, depending on the quantity, could get a "narc" seriously injured! I just never realized those things are made public!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many people send large packages of Cannabis through the mail. 39lbs is not really that much, considering you can easily buy up to several thousand pounds of it to have mailed to you. If they find something like that, the Postal Investigators will set up a tracking device inside the package, or else they'll require that the person it was being delivered to to come into the Post Office to pick up the package, at which time they're arrested. Envelopes are rarely checked.

I'd say that does happen quite a lot, but 38 pounds? That is a lot of pot to send through the mail. Whoever did it had few brains, and a lot of brass... To me, it smelled like a sting. I honestly don't know anyone stupid enough to send nearly 40 pounds of weed through the mail, especially packaged in such a way that the odor could escape (and I know some people who've done some stupid stuff).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove