OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a Charlie Reader for Sheriff billboard. I didn't see any billboards for any competitors but that doesn't mean there weren't any. I was just cruising along, and there was CR's face! So I definitely noticed his.

It would be a fairly difficult trek through those woods, in that area. Especially at night. During the time of day that I went through, which was around 4-5 p.m.- ish on a Friday afternoon, there was very little traffic. I mean almost none. It's like it is here on the parkways. I'd say after 9-10 pm, there is almost no one on that highway. I'd almost think that they could have dropped them off, above the homes, drove off, and picked them up at a predetermined location, then, moved onto KR (or took care of him first). Then, they could have went to the rest stop, changed, (I don't know if the rest stop has camera surveillance up near the building though, or not. I didn't see any signs denoting it.) and dumped their stuff in the river. That's a much wider, deeper, river than it appears to be, on the map.

Oh, Reader. I thought you meant Chris Rhoden. Ha! Someone that knew the area though, maybe had parked at that rest stop in daylight hours. Camped out in the woods until it was time.

I have also wondered if these homes contained some kind of surveillance placed by the perps. Hidden cameras of some sort.

I wonder if they processed the rest area and checked the river? I'd love to know the answer to that one!

Oh, Reader. I thought you meant Chris Rhoden. Ha! Someone that knew the area though, maybe had parked at that rest stop in daylight hours. Camped out in the woods until it was time.

I have also wondered if these homes contained some kind of surveillance placed by the perps. Hidden cameras of some sort.

Maybe camped if they camped nearby UHR. But we are talking pretty dense forest region. It would probably take at least a couple of hours, in the daylight, for someone to walk from two-three miles, as the crow flies, in that area. I did a few screen grabs of that area of 32, UHR and the Rest Area. It's so isolated, there'd not be a need to hide in the mountains and wait. I honestly didn't realize the region was as close, terrain wise, to some of the terrain where I live. There'd be no one around to see them. I think the next rest stop was 60 miles. (I've driven through stretches of the mountain roads, at night, and not met a car for MILES.) Now, when I turned onto Hwy 23, it was populated. But out on 32, I'd say at night, it's pretty lonely out there.

Hwy 32/UHR Turn off

attachment.php

Hwy 32 driving East past UHR turn off.
attachment.php

Coming up to Hwy 32, Rest Area
attachment.php

Hwy 32 Rest Area
attachment.php

Attachments

• Hwy32UHR.jpg
    Hwy32UHR.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 373
  • Hwy32(1).jpg
    Hwy32(1).jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 377
  • Hwy32.jpg
    Hwy32.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 375
  • RestAreaHwy32.jpg
    RestAreaHwy32.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 371
It could have been undercover LE that were going to be exposed and years of work ruined...

I could understand if this was a Mexican cartel with billions in cocaine, etc at stake, and a smuggling network that took years to build and defend against hostile takeovers, but to me this is low-level marijuana growing with stuff being sent through the mail!

Penalties will be low compared with the penalty for executing this many people. Anyone really serious about building a drug empire would move out of Ohio and go somewhere like LA.

I could understand if this was a Mexican cartel with billions in cocaine, etc at stake, and a smuggling network that took years to build and defend against hostile takeovers, but to me this is low-level marijuana growing with stuff being sent through the mail!

Penalties will be low compared with the penalty for executing this many people. Anyone really serious about building a drug empire would move out of Ohio and go somewhere like LA.

If LA is a better place for Mexican Cartels, why is there at least two of them working in SW Ohio?

Something I wrote yesterday about KR was erased when I tried to modify it. Here it is again.

IMO. KR was very close to his nephews and knew their buddies including HRs boyfriends through various activities: pot, derby, fixing cars, work ...

He was so close to some of them, he was probably informed of what was happening in the bedroom.

This is a crime of love and hate. Imo, he could have been killed just because he knew too much or got involved in some dispute. However there is not as much anger in his death.
Wasn't he killed with a single shot through his eye? That takes some precision I would think....as well as some anger or hatred. So specific.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Wasn't he killed with a single shot through his eye? That takes some precision I would think....as well as some anger or hatred. So specific.

DS said he saw blood in his eye(s). Nothing official said he was shot through the eye that I recall....

He was found in his bed, dead, from a single gsw. Nothing has been released that it was through his eye. You may be thinking of FR. When BJM found him, she said it appeared he had a "black eye". I personally took that as she mistook a gsw through his eye, as a black eye, b/c of the tattooing that is left on the skin, from being shot at very close range. She probably did not hang around to do a lot of in-depth investigating to determine which it was, after seeing the baby and the realization hit her that FR & HG were also dead.

"Kendra Rhoden wonders if the loaded gun her dad kept near his head while he slept was also taken. She also doesn’t understand why her light-sleeping father wasn’t startled awake before he was shot once in the right eye."

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/07/22/pike-county-family-clings-hope/87337798/

I totally missed that. Thank you! This makes me think all the more that FR was shot through the eye as well. I wonder if any of the others were. My imagination is probably working overtime, but, maybe only certain ones were shot once through the eye, the others were not. Could be a type of message. Just thinking.

If LA is a better place for Mexican Cartels, why is there at least two of them working in SW Ohio?

Much speculation, scant evidence for Mexican cartel involvement in Ohio mass slaying. http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/ne...-for-mexican-cartel-involvement-in-ohio-mass/

I don't know what the two cartel are or what they're up to. I just think this family, living in very modest circumstances, were tiny potatoes in the drug industry and it wouldn't be worthwhile for anyone seriously involved to take them out in this way. There's too much money to be made, if you know what you're doing, to waste time and risk that kind of thing.

However, some local hoods may imagine themselves to be big players, and having some sort of grudge, used this family to try to position themselves or prove something to somebody.

So James Howe bought some sudafed at Hannahs work then someone tipped off the police and he was arrested as he left? is that correct?? People saying that Hannah possibly tipped LE. theres a motive right there..

http://www.newswatchman.com/news/article_97fb87b5-4c5b-56f6-8927-e917266bae5f.html

thoughts?
It's late, so I may not be reading it right, but it sounded like the Chillicothe Cab Company cab driver became concerned and made the call while they were inside the nursing home, and set up a stop w/LE.

It's late, so I may not be reading it right, but it sounded like the Chillicothe Cab Company cab driver became concerned and made the call while they were inside the nursing home, and set up a stop w/LE.

it just seems like a MAJOR coincidence.. also hes being held on 500k bond. is that a lot for a drugs bust?

Much speculation, scant evidence for Mexican cartel involvement in Ohio mass slaying. http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/ne...-for-mexican-cartel-involvement-in-ohio-mass/

I don't know what the two cartel are or what they're up to. I just think this family, living in very modest circumstances, were tiny potatoes in the drug industry and it wouldn't be worthwhile for anyone seriously involved to take them out in this way. There's too much money to be made, if you know what you're doing, to waste time and risk that kind of thing.

However, some local hoods may imagine themselves to be big players, and having some sort of grudge, used this family to try to position themselves or prove something to somebody.
I agree. It's local.

Yes. It's a precise shot and there is hatred or anger in most killings. I just think there is more when other victims get 5 shots when in their beds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak