OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Theory:

** bikers
and/or
** cops

My gut feeling from the beginning and even though I've considered all the other theories suggested it hasn't changed.

And the longer it goes on the more I think LE has to be involved.

The why changes though. Money or someone threatening to expose everyone?
Why bikers?

I had to stop at season 2. My adult kids raved about it all the way to the last episode. The start of Season 3 was SO DARK that I went from loving it to making my stomach turn

I've NEVER thought the Rhodens were bad people. I see hard working, resourceful, loyal people with family values.
They're WAY more together than many families.

I don't judge ANYBODY. I grew up in West Virginia in the 60's and 70's. I swam in the orange water of the Kanawa River, hunted, took out the row boat by myself at 6 years old twice a day to set trout lines. We had no car, no TV, no indoor plumbing til I was 6.

Wouldn't trade one minute of it. Am so proud of my roots and the beauty of where I'm from. I love my family.

When I bounce an idea off on a post, it may sound like I think these were bad people. I don't think that at all. All I have are media links of 8 people I never knew.
I make assumptions based on human behavior and emotions I've felt and the experiences I've had.
My family had so many secrets, ilness 7 suicides since I was born, one right in front of me when I was 5. Doctors who did drugs. Alcohol. Mental illness. Poverty, hunger, abuse, fear....They all make good people do crazy things.
Sometimes we do REALLY BAD THINGS BUT FOR VERY GOOD REASONS.

One of my cousins is talented author who wrote a book called Hillbilly Gothic. GREAT BOOK if it's NOT about your OWN family. Just want y'all to know I mean no disrespect
None taken here. I've lived, and worked, in the Appalachian Region, my entire life. It takes a lot to offend me, and I try to not judge others either.

Columbus Dispatch September 3, 2016
The slow twisted fall of a chop- shop king.
RP and JR
article originally ran April 17, 2005
by Holly Zachariah
IMO Rhodens in identical business. All murdered were either hands on or knew about it.

I just re read my post and wanted to clarify. My Son's of Anarchy (season 2) analogy was probably confusing.

I've actually never even thought about or considered the crimes involved "bikers" in any way.

What I meant was that sometimes law enforcement will team up with one group of criminals to eliminate a second rival group of criminals.

Some cops in the town of Charming and SOA worked together and killed some white supremacy group that was trying to move Heroin into the region. The police worked WITH the weed dealers to kill people to keep the heroin out of the town. (unlikely alliances for a common goal)

Imo. Marijuana grows best in tropical areas.

So is ohio tropical. Especially since they have heavy winters.

Or did the family sell meth or cocaine as well?

I think they said it was indoor grow op. If it's done right, the set up allows you to grow year round.

RP and JR
by Holly Zachariah
IMO Rhodens in identical business. All murdered were either hands on or knew about it.
Very interesting article! The changes in the ability to get titles for re-built or salvage vehicles has put a big dent in chop shop type thefts. You nearly have to give them your first born. I could possibly see them pulling something off like this with building Demo Derby cars. They aren't titled. You don't have to get tags for them b/c you can't drive them on the road. If they built and sold Derby cars, I could see how they could pull it off. If they were doing this and getting by with it, they are the ones , theoretically, running the show . Who would be above the Rhodens, on the food chain, and would want that whole family dead?

I'm just wondering about other murders since April. If we were to put Pike co in the middle, so to speak, then one county above, one on each side, and one below, with any unsolved murders, maybe some info would come about that way. Yet another angle to explore.

Very interesting article! The changes in the ability to get titles for re-built or salvage vehicles has put a big dent in chop shop type thefts. You nearly have to give them your first born. I could possibly see them pulling something off like this with building Demo Derby cars. They aren't titled. You don't have to get tags for them b/c you can't drive them on the road. If they built and sold Derby cars, I could see how they could pull it off. If they were doing this and getting by with it, they are the ones , theoretically, running the show . Who would be above the Rhodens, on the food chain, and would want that whole family dead?

What some are doing now is switching Vins from a wrecked car with clean title to a stolen car and selling it calling it a rebuilt wreck.

RP and JR
by Holly Zachariah
Could you give me the title of this article? I couldn't find it!

What some are doing now is switching Vins from a wrecked car with clean title to a stolen car and selling it calling it a rebuilt wreck.
This would still be tricky to do, over and over, with all of the new rules in place. For the sake of argument let's say they were able to do it. We'd still have them at the top of the food chain, if we are comparing them to the guy in the story, so , who would be the person (s) wanting them dead? If it were like the news piece, the Rhodens would be the ones calling shots, ordering cars, and possibly ordering g hits, as well.

That was a very interesting and surprising story. It's shocking what lengths people will go to when it comes to money. Who wouldn't like to make 40,000.00 a month?! But to do things this guy has been accused of...never. However, I can't picture this type of car business being part of the Rhodens enterprises. I think they would be too much like me when it comes down to all the stress in keeping things under the table. They would crack!
Man, I wish something about their lifestyle would stand out as being very probable as a connection to why they were killed. But so far, I haven't seen it.

Random thoughts...
COMPLETELY random thoughts... again.

We keep thinking all EIGHT were "victims".

What if only SEVEN were actually victims.

Is it possible that ONE of the EIGHT started out as an "accomplice" who ended up getting shot and killed (accidentally or on purpose....like a double-cross)???

I THINK I'VE WATCHED TOO MANY MOVIES

IMO, KR is the odd one out.
He was the only one with 1 GSW (IIRC).
It's possible he was shot last (or even first for that matter) by whoever perpetrated this shooting spree.
I don't think it was murder/suicide though. A gun would have been recovered.
KR could have been an accomplice, and then at the last minute, the shooter decided he wasn't needed and killed him so he wouldn't turn him in. OR KR was killed last for the same reason.

IMO

IMO, KR is the odd one out.
He was the only one with 1 GSW (IIRC).
It's possible he was shot last (or even first for that matter) by whoever perpetrated this shooting spree.
I don't think it was murder/suicide though. A gun would have been recovered.
KR could have been an accomplice, and then at the last minute, the shooter decided he wasn't needed and killed him so he wouldn't turn him in. OR KR was killed last for the same reason.

IMO

We actually discussed this theory a while back. To me, the whole situation with him is odd. I ask myself the same question over and over. How did they get around Brownie, the barking pit? She was subdued somehow, ok. How did they get in a camper while KR is sleeping, not making any noise to awake him?

I also ask myself this, if KR were involved and they went back to his place, how could you just climb in bed and go to sleep? With a person in your camper that just helped kill 7 of your family members?

I keep coming back to his dog. My parents have a boxer that barks loudly anytime anyone pulls in their driveway and they live in a neighborhood with 1/2 acre lots. I doubt the perps pulled in the drive but dogs have super duper hearing. Even if they adapt and tune out the sounds in their environment, I'd think a dog would hear even the quietest ninja sneaking in.

I suppose it's possible, 1 perp threw the dog a steak and climbed on in, 1 gunshot and gone while Brownie enjoyed a treat. Especially if she knew the perp.

If this had been a murder-suicide, the PD would have known that right away based upon the fact that a gun would have been found in the hand of the decedent, not to mention the abundance of evidence left behind in a suicide (after leaving LE, I worked as an Investigator at a 425-bed psychiatric hospital and we had a number of suicides there that I was responsible for investigating in cooperation with Homicide Detectives; suicides leave a very specific 'evidence profile' and 'picture' that usually makes them very obvious - especially in the case of death by a firearm). Now, there are murders that are made to look like suicides, but they are quite rare in general...

I have felt this was a LE hit all along - having been an LEO, the bits and pieces of evidence that have come out suggest LEO's to me quite strongly. I still maintain that there were at least 2 UnSubs involved, but more likely 3-4. They won't talk. They will keep it a secret until the AG can prove the case...

Theory:

** bikers
and/or
** cops

My gut feeling from the beginning and even though I've considered all the other theories suggested it hasn't changed.

And the longer it goes on the more I think LE has to be involved.

The why changes though. Money or someone threatening to expose everyone?

I have felt this was a LE hit all along - having been an LEO, the bits and pieces of evidence that have come out suggest LEO's to me quite strongly. I still maintain that there were at least 2 UnSubs involved, but more likely 3-4. They won't talk. They will keep it a secret until the AG can prove the case...

What is an UnSub? Many believe it's LE. It very well could be, but what would be the motive? Do you think they know who it is?

UnSub=Formal LE nomenclature for an Unknown Subject; A 'Subject' is just someone who is being investigated - when that individual gets detained or arrested, they become a 'Suspect'. I have maintained that LE were helping the Rhodens move at least the Cannabis, if not other things. I believe that one of the Rhodens probably threatened to expose the LEO's involved (maybe over a money dispute, etc)... In this regard, I firmly believe that the AG knows EXACTLY who is involved - which is why they're keeping the evidence in this case and all the details just about secret.

What is an UnSub? Many believe it's LE. It very well could be, but what would be the motive? Do you think they know who it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak