OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo, they "let" that package go through all the post offices it needed to for delivery to Piketon. And if they did, the FBI has been on it since day one of it's route.
And that means that the FBI was in the Piketon area already. That might explain how the AG got involved with this case so fast. I posted on one of these threads before that Sheriff Reader, before becoming Piketon's Sheriff, was working as an investigator for Junk. He's Pike Counties procecuter. This is all starting to fit together as far as them making all of these drug bust's in Ohio lately. Part of a big puzzle as the AG mentioned.
Could be. I hadn't given it alot of consideration since that was the first few days of Feb. Granted, that is fairly close to the murders, but not enough to jump out at me to say I think the two are connected. I have heard the phrase "God never closes one door without opening another." There certainly wasn't anything except horror connected to eight people being murdered, but this case has certainly opened up LE's eyes as to the grow ops and major influx of illegal drugs being smuggled into this region. There have been several busts since April that might have gone unnoticed if something hadn't happened to wake LE up. And there was a big bust in Tulsa. I lived 88 miles from there for 15 yrs. I hope that slowed down the availability of all that junk from our "sleepy" little town!

Could be. I hadn't given it alot of consideration since that was the first few days of Feb. Granted, that is fairly close to the murders, but not enough to jump out at me to say I think the two are connected. I have heard the phrase "God never closes one door without opening another." There certainly wasn't anything except horror connected to eight people being murdered, but this case has certainly opened up LE's eyes as to the grow ops and major influx of illegal drugs being smuggled into this region. There have been several busts since April that might have gone unnoticed if something hadn't happened to wake LE up. And there was a big bust in Tulsa. I lived 88 miles from there for 15 yrs. I hope that slowed down the availability of all that junk from our "sleepy" little town!

Glf, I haven't connected the Rhoden's case to the drug bust's...........yet. But everything that has happened lately in Ohio and Ky, has been around the same time or followed suit. I think there's already been some talk about some corruption going on in the Pike Co Police department before Sheriff Reader came there. Who knows how long, or to what extent that was? I think a lot of behind the scene things have been going on all around these area's for a long time. Remember what they used to call the "good ole boys" network that has been going on for years in these small towns. It used to be booze and gambling (cards, etc), now it's drugs.
Making money illegally and fast is as old as time itself.

Glf, I haven't connected the Rhoden's case to the drug bust's...........yet. But everything that has happened lately in Ohio and Ky, has been around the same time or followed suit. I think there's already been some talk about some corruption going on in the Pike Co Police department before Sheriff Reader came there. Who knows how long, or to what extent that was? I think a lot of behind the scene things have been going on all around these area's for a long time. Remember what they used to call the "good ole boys" network that has been going on for years in these small towns. It used to be booze and gambling (cards, etc), now it's drugs.
Making money illegally and fast is as old as time itself.
I was mainly referring to the pot intercepted at the P.O. But I'm like you, it could be connected. Any of them (the busts) could be related, but I just feel like since they were growing, maybe that was enough without being the middle man for somebody in Calif. Seems like the middle man gets blamed for anything and everything that doesn't please the top dog. I wouldn't want the hassle, even if I was the middle man for a furniture manufacturer!
With two generations of family, and seven are adults who do their own thing, it is really hard to tell who's on first, and are they all on the same team at all times?

You know, I have another question to propose. 32 shots going off in the night or early morning? The amount of sound that had to be coming from Chris Sr's place if he put up a fight. How did no one hear anything? Other people lived around them, you would think someone heard something (besides the hunter) was everyone around them deep sleeper's? I know people were used to the dogs barking and the chicken's making noise, but how could everyone miss screaming or yelling? If they didn't hear anything was there a silencer of some kind on the guns? Were people gagged?
I mean I have gotten the impression that Chris Sr was a fighter and it seems did not go down easily (9 shots). IMO they must have known at least one of the killers and recognized them. They had to know that they were there for some kind of trouble, I wouldn't think that being held at gun point would have subdued Chris Sr and with that many shots it didn't. IMO the only way they could have shot them all without causing some kind of alarm at FR's home would have been to have a lot of people in different places at the same time. What does everyone else think?

You know, I have another question to propose. 32 shots going off in the night or early morning? The amount of sound that had to be coming from Chris Sr's place if he put up a fight. How did no one hear anything? Other people lived around them, you would think someone heard something (besides the hunter) was everyone around them deep sleeper's? I know people were used to the dogs barking and the chicken's making noise, but how could everyone miss screaming or yelling? If they didn't hear anything was there a silencer of some kind on the guns? Were people gagged?
I mean I have gotten the impression that Chris Sr was a fighter and it seems did not go down easily (9 shots). IMO they must have known at least one of the killers and recognized them. They had to know that they were there for some kind of trouble, I wouldn't think that being held at gun point would have subdued Chris Sr and with that many shots it didn't. IMO the only way they could have shot them all without causing some kind of alarm at FR's home would have been to have a lot of people in different places at the same time. What does everyone else think?

Noise: This is why I think killers went first to FR. CR woke up. When they got out of FR, CR was up.

The killers then went at CR and took both of them in the living room. It wasn't plan at all. That's why there was a bit of struggle and the bodies were dragged. The whole idea was to take everyone in bed.

There might have been more than one killer, but there were not 3 guns either. otherwise there would have been no struggle at all.

As for other neighbors not hearing, I must admit it's a pretty isolated place.

They were shot indoors. The homes suppressed the sounds. Also, I shoot, as do my neighbors, and I never hear them, yet they Liv less than a mile away. Where the Rhoden lived is fairly isolated. They could have come in and out off 32 and never been seen. There's literally nothing in that area except trees and rolling terrain. They could have tossed their clothes in the river , changed and never been seen.

Random thoughts...
COMPLETELY random thoughts... again.

We keep thinking all EIGHT were "victims".

What if only SEVEN were actually victims.

Is it possible that ONE of the EIGHT started out as an "accomplice" who ended up getting shot and killed (accidentally or on purpose....like a double-cross)???

I THINK I'VE WATCHED TOO MANY MOVIES

Random thoughts...

Is it possible that ONE of the EIGHT started out as an "accomplice" who ended up getting shot and killed (accidentally or on purpose....like a double-cross)???

It's not impossible. Imo, the only one who could have done it is GR. I feel we dont know enough about him.

As for the others, I doubt it. I could believe it in a lone murder suicide scenario. Anyone of them and in particular KR. But in a scenario with multiple perps, it doesn't really make sense.

In my opinion :

1) A murder suicide is before anything, a hate of oneself. Others come in the drama
2) A mass shooting with an intent to survive is a crime of hate or disrespect towards the others. I don't see any of the victims hating the rest of its family.

I still wonder what GR was really doing there and how close he was from his cousins. I am looking for facts or witnesses who could confirm his presence was welcome in this home. Because we take it for granted, but it's not obvious unless I missed something.

It's not impossible. Imo, the only one who could have done it is GR. I feel we dont know enough about him.

As for the others, I doubt it. I could believe it in a lone murder suicide scenario. Anyone of them and in particular KR. But in a scenario with multiple perps, it doesn't really make sense.

In my opinion :

1) A murder suicide is before anything, a hate of oneself. Others come in the drama
2) A mass shooting with an intent to survive is a crime of hate or disrespect towards the others. I don't see any of the victims hating the rest of its family.

I still wonder what GR was really doing there and how close he was from his cousins. I am looking for facts or witnesses who could confirm his presence was welcome in this home. Because we take it for granted, but it's not obvious unless I missed something.

To complete on that: what I could really see is a murder suicide by KR with somebody covering up in the morning for various reasons: for honour or shame or feeling of guilt.

But then Idk if KR would have covered his tracks as much. I think LE pretty much ruled that out.

In my opinion :

GR is who I had in mind. Possibly with robbery in mind. The myth of a buried treasure. Not really a theory. just trying to look at things from any and all perspectives... even when my thoughts are ridiculous.
I always appreciate input

GR is who I had in mind. Possibly with robbery in mind. The myth of a buried treasure. Not really a theory. just trying to look at things from any and all perspectives... even when my thoughts are ridiculous.
It's not a ridiculous thought at all.

They other one who had a lot on her plate is HR. We dont really know how it went in the home with the 2 kids and the boyfriends. If she had not been found in her bed where she stands as a clear victim, than I could have another opinion...

I think that the neighbors didn't hear anything, because they are not close enough, #1, and #2, all the gunfire took place inside the house. And from posts several threads ago, it was stated that Frankie's place was at least 250ft from Chris's place. That's a little over 80 yards, with a big workshop in between. Too many things to absorb the sound wave between houses. And I remember the bit about the hunter hearing shots, but they didn't necessarily come from the Rhoden property. By the time the sound waves reached the hunter, he probably couldn't be certain what direction they originated from. I live in a MH park with 64 homes. Except vehicles, mainly PU's driving by, and a couple of dogs next door and across the street, it's really quiet around here. And, we are one one side of a busy street, and where our home sits, we're about 100 yards or less from the street. Granted, I don't think anyone out here is firing any guns, tho!

In my opinion :

I got the feeling from hearing Gary's dad talk, that the three men who died were all close. And since the three of them were divorced, Gary's presence wasn't a problem, since he was not disrupting a family home. Kenny's kids are grown, and Jr probably came and went as he pleased, to and from both parents homes.

Random thoughts...

You and I are on the se wavelengths on theories. That's in m list. A similar scenario actually happened recently. The guy hires a dude to kill his family, the the man kills the the guy he hired, saying he walked in on it too late to save his family. In this case, maybe, when they finish up they go back to that family member's trailer, maybe to get stories straight, etc... the accomplice decides to shoots him, stages the scene, and takes off. The reason? He/she gets to thinking, why take a risk of another person knowing? Could he get to drinking, have regrets, and confide in someone, possibly even confide in LE, if he became burdened enough by what he'd done.

I thought more along the lines of KR.

I thought more along the lines of KR.

KR, I can see that too. Alone at the end.

I just have many "unknowns" about GR. He could have had NOTHING to do with it OR everything.

I don't read any other forums or websites . I only follow Websleuths. So I have NO outside info other than what y'all post. There's probably tons of intel i am not privy to.

I have SO many theories that I had to write them all out on 3x5 index cards so I can keep em straight. I can only narrow mine down to 5 (which ain't very narrow).

I have to keep telling myself, "Emily, these were 8 real people. SO MUCH tragedy, loss, brutality and betrayal."

I enjoy reading ALL opinions, posts and theories.

I feel like I spend way more time here at WS than my real life. At the moment I am literally pulled off the interstate to see what's been posted.

Thanx for listening yall!

I have also thought about the scenario of KR being involved as he seemed to be the last one killed (of course that's not known to us). He only had 1 gsw and he was in his bed. He was not a small man, it would have been hard for 1 grown man to place him there if it was up higher than a normal bed. I don't know much about gs residue, if gloves were worn and clothing was changed, would there be no trace of it? Because of his dog in particular, brownie, the barking pit, I almost have to think the perp knew this dog. KR has never made sense to me. He had to be involved in whatever the reasoning was or he would still be here. He was kind of far away. I'm sure LE knows exactly where these people were in their homes when they were shot. They should know who died in their beds and who was drug to their beds. I'm still amazed at all the busts and deaths that have turned up in OH after this. Like Pandora's box has been opened. The case in KY, the one that is similar, had 4 sleeping kids. 1 of those kids was a 12 year old. Now that takes some big you know what's to break in and kill 2 adults and leave the older kids alive!

KR, I can see that too. Alone at the end.

I just have many "unknowns" about GR. He could have had NOTHING to do with it OR everything.

I don't read any other forums or websites . I only follow Websleuths. So I have NO outside info other than what y'all post. There's probably tons of intel i am not privy to.

I have SO many theories that I had to write them all out on 3x5 index cards so I can keep em straight. I can only narrow mine down to 5 (which ain't very narrow).

I have to keep telling myself, "Emily, these were 8 real people. SO MUCH tragedy, loss, brutality and betrayal."

I enjoy reading ALL opinions, posts and theories.

I feel like I spend way more time here at WS than my real life. At the moment I am literally pulled off the interstate to see what's been posted.

Thanx for listening yall!

I too only follow websleuths. I do read all the news articles when they come out. I too have been consumed and obsessed with this case since 4/22. I just can't understand how anyone could kill 4 kids. No reason will ever be good enough for me. I don't care what these people were doing. On the outside, these people seemed like loving caring people who would do anything and everything for anyone. Of course that's just me and they could be total opposite.

Maybe one of the victims were forced to go from trailer to trailer to gain entry to the others, maybe they had no choice in the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste