OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
UnSub=Formal LE nomenclature for an Unknown Subject; A 'Subject' is just someone who is being investigated - when that individual gets detained or arrested, they become a 'Suspect'. I have maintained that LE were helping the Rhodens move at least the Cannabis, if not other things. I believe that one of the Rhodens probably threatened to expose the LEO's involved (maybe over a money dispute, etc)... In this regard, I firmly believe that the AG knows EXACTLY who is involved - which is why they're keeping the evidence in this case and all the details just about secret.

Maybe this is why everyone is keeping quiet. They can't trust LE. I will never believe CR had anything to do with it though! But it makes me ? The officers that arrived on the scene. I'd hate to think they tampered with evidence.

I have felt this was a LE hit all along - having been an LEO, the bits and pieces of evidence that have come out suggest LEO's to me quite strongly. I still maintain that there were at least 2 UnSubs involved, but more likely 3-4. They won't talk. They will keep it a secret until the AG can prove the case...
You could be right, definitely a possibility. The ability to get away with it is what would make me wonder if LE, especially with military experience, is involved. Dewine has said it was professional. Professional does not mean an angry relative! Either drug related assassination by experienced killers or LE (with extra military or swat/task force specialized training).

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

It is amazing..I am following hec the closer he gets the closer I perk up my instincts.I was L.E.O FOR 25 years and most
of the info he is projecting is going to prove correct. I am unable to make many comments because my ideas are too
advanced for discussion right now..An intelligent serial killer,, who covers his dots and plans down to the problem of
attract dogs,,will have figured out how to remove attract dog dangers. One of my greatest problems with this whole
slaughter is the facts given about the one victim shot once asleep in the fifth-wheel. If I remember correctly,,he was scheduled
to have a guests stay at his camper with him that night..The guest begged off for some reason and that left the serial
killer and the victim alone..If someone will remind me where the guests went that night -and how did the serial killer
know about the victim being alone? If my information is correct, we have discussed how L.E. was notified about the
turkey hunter hearing shots..Again I stand corrected,,but that Hunter was behind KR1's trailer...Someday,, I will tell you
the serial killer's identity and why he had to eliminate so many innocent victims. Thank hec for moving out and
expressing himself.

Ray, do you mean Chris's house or Kenny's camper?

It is amazing..I am following hec the closer he gets the closer I perk up my instincts.I was L.E.O FOR 25 years and most
of the info he is projecting is going to prove correct. I am unable to make many comments because my ideas are too
advanced for discussion right now..An intelligent serial killer,, who covers his dots and plans down to the problem of
attract dogs,,will have figured out how to remove attract dog dangers. One of my greatest problems with this whole
slaughter is the facts given about the one victim shot once asleep in the fifth-wheel. If I remember correctly,,he was scheduled
to have a guests stay at his camper with him that night..The guest begged off for some reason and that left the serial
killer and the victim alone..If someone will remind me where the guests went that night -and how did the serial killer
know about the victim being alone? If my information is correct, we have discussed how L.E. was notified about the
turkey hunter hearing shots..Again I stand corrected,,but that Hunter was behind KR1's trailer...Someday,, I will tell you
the serial killer's identity and why he had to eliminate so many innocent victims. Thank hec for moving out and
expressing himself.

iirc, DS, cousin from mothers side of family, was suppose to spend the night so they could get up at 5:30 am to work on cars. For whatever reason, he said he went home.

We actually discussed this theory a while back. To me, the whole situation with him is odd. I ask myself the same question over and over. How did they get around Brownie, the barking pit? She was subdued somehow, ok. How did they get in a camper while KR is sleeping, not making any noise to awake him?

I also ask myself this, if KR were involved and they went back to his place, how could you just climb in bed and go to sleep? With a person in your camper that just helped kill 7 of your family members?

I keep coming back to his dog. My parents have a boxer that barks loudly anytime anyone pulls in their driveway and they live in a neighborhood with 1/2 acre lots. I doubt the perps pulled in the drive but dogs have super duper hearing. Even if they adapt and tune out the sounds in their environment, I'd think a dog would hear even the quietest ninja sneaking in.

I suppose it's possible, 1 perp threw the dog a steak and climbed on in, 1 gunshot and gone while Brownie enjoyed a treat. Especially if she knew the perp.

His daughter said that his gun was missing, he was a light sleeper, and that his position and gun shot wound were indicating he was probably shot by someone he trusted.

probably the perps knew his dog. It's even possible KR told the perps to come in and never expected what was to happen.

IMO, it's totally consistent with all the other elements of the case. They were killed by someone close.

I don't really know if he was killed first or last. LE shares no info but KR2 did for some reason talk about the gun. IMI, it was used in the crime, so I am leaning towards he was killed first.

Ray did you mean Chris's place or Kenny's camper?

IMO, KR is the odd one out.
He was the only one with 1 GSW (IIRC).
It's possible he was shot last (or even first for that matter) by whoever perpetrated this shooting spree.
I don't think it was murder/suicide though. A gun would have been recovered.
KR could have been an accomplice, and then at the last minute, the shooter decided he wasn't needed and killed him so he wouldn't turn him in. OR KR was killed last for the same reason.

IMO
Something I wrote yesterday about KR was erased when I tried to modify it. Here it is again.

IMO. KR was very close to his nephews and knew their buddies including HRs boyfriends through various activities: pot, derby, fixing cars, work ...

He was so close to some of them, he was probably informed of what was happening in the bedroom.

This is a crime of love and hate. Imo, he could have been killed just because he knew too much or got involved in some dispute. However there is not as much anger in his death.

Something I wrote yesterday about KR was erased when I tried to modify it. Here it is again.

IMO. KR was very close to his nephews and knew their buddies including HRs boyfriends through various activities: pot, derby, fixing cars, work ...

He was so close to some of them, he was probably informed of what was happening in the bedroom.

This is a crime of love and hate. Imo, he could have been killed just because he knew too much or got involved in some dispute. However there is not as much anger in his death.
OK, call me stupid, but what are you referring to?

iirc, DS, cousin from mothers side of family, was suppose to spend the night so they could get up at 5:30 am to work on cars. For whatever reason, he said he went home.

I was under the impression DS just didn't show up that night. Not that he was there and left.

OK, call me stupid, but what are you referring to?
I am referring to the comment about KR being the odd man out and the fact that he only received one bullet.
I don't find his situation odd at all. It makes sense with the overall picture.

I am referring to the comment about KR being the odd man out and the fact that he only received one bullet.
I don't find his situation odd at all. It makes sense with the overall picture.

First or last ..He was a Rhoden and in my opinion was murdered for the same reason as the others ( and I
hope we find out why) I really don't see anything sinister in the fact he lived further away or wasn't found immediately..because one caused the other. I have seen post about why wasn't he checked on and found earlier. But if I had to face all the deaths of my families in one group I wouldn't be out looking for more I would be in complete shock!
All Moo .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First or last ..He was a Rhoden and in my opinion was murdered for the same reason as the others ( and I
hope we find out why) I really don't see anything sinister in the fact he lived further away or wasn't found immediately..because one caused the other. I have seen post about why wasn't he checked on and found earlier. But if I had to face all the deaths of my families in one group I wouldn't be out looking for more I would be in complete shock!
All Moo .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would agree if he did not have a sidekick, 2 daughters, a son, nephews as neighbors.

My theory on this: There was a bit of confusion as to who was going to check on him. Perhaps someone was going to check but preferred not to do it too soon. I am not close to the investigation, so I 'll have to wait to the trial for an answer.

Just picture this: LE does not share any ballistic and autopsy details from the investigation. Yet, his daughter mentioned about the missing gun, the body position, the gunshot wound and the killing by a person he trusted.

So how did she learn? Investigators told her just for information? She arrived on her own at this conclusion because DS and her brother found the body?

I'll leave it there for the moment. But my guess is LE have been asking a lot of question to everyone about the whole situation.

UnSub=Formal LE nomenclature for an Unknown Subject; A 'Subject' is just someone who is being investigated - when that individual gets detained or arrested, they become a 'Suspect'. I have maintained that LE were helping the Rhodens move at least the Cannabis, if not other things. I believe that one of the Rhodens probably threatened to expose the LEO's involved (maybe over a money dispute, etc)... In this regard, I firmly believe that the AG knows EXACTLY who is involved - which is why they're keeping the evidence in this case and all the details just about secret.

I can definitely see something surrounding LE involvement in this. Whoever did this had to have, imo, some sort of firearms familiarity, and the ability to emotionally detach. My theory,surrounding LE while a bit different, (a LE officer(s) was going to be exposed, through them narcing, so the LEO(s) took care of business), still ends up w/a LEO(s) seeing prison as a possibility and taking matters into their own hands.

I was under the impression DS just didn't show up that night. Not that he was there and left.

I'd have to go back and find the interview again. I didn't mean he had been with him and decided not to stay. For some reason, I'm thinking KR had called him and told him not to come over. I can't remember if DS said that or if I made that up. I will do some digging.

I have felt this was a LE hit all along - having been an LEO, the bits and pieces of evidence that have come out suggest LEO's to me quite strongly. I still maintain that there were at least 2 UnSubs involved, but more likely 3-4. They won't talk. They will keep it a secret until the AG can prove the case...

And we may have to wait until the AG is ready to do so. IMO, he's more comfortable with keeping the investigation locked up and away from prying public eyes. After all these months, he's not really showing a burning desire to solve this case.

I don't really have anything super interesting to share, but, I did travel through the Piketon area this weekend, on my way to Chillicothe, OH. We took Hwy 32 (Appalachian Hwy.) to Hwy. 23. There's a really large highway sign on Hwy 32 that denotes "Union Hill Road". You cannot miss Union Hill Road turn off. There's pretty much, nothing, along this highway. No homes or businesses that would have surveillance cameras. About three miles from the Union Hill Road turn off, there is a small Rest Area, on the same side of the road. Someone could pull into there and easily change clothes and/clean up. Then, about ten miles further up the road, is a bridge, over the Scioto River. Nice place to toss weapons, clothing, etc... About 1.5 miles later you turn onto 23N. That goes through Piketon, and on up to Chillicothe. There's a huge campaign billboard, on the left-hand side of the road, as you enter town, with CR's pic (I just found that interesting, as I rode past, since I almost feel as though I know him.) There are signs all along there that asks for you turn in any suspected impaired drivers, or drug info. I lost count of how many vehicles that I saw pulled over throughout there.

Sorry, I didn't get any photos. I was on my m/c so I couldn't really snap any pics, and we were trying to make time getting to Chillicothe, so I just didn't have the time to pull over.

I don't really have anything super interesting to share, but, I did travel through the Piketon area this weekend, on my way to Chillicothe, OH. We took Hwy 32 (Appalachian Hwy.) to Hwy. 23. There's a really large highway sign on Hwy 32 that denotes "Union Hill Road". You cannot miss Union Hill Road turn off. There's pretty much, nothing, along this highway. No homes or businesses that would have surveillance cameras. About three miles from the Union Hill Road turn off, there is a small Rest Area, on the same side of the road. Someone could pull into there and easily change clothes and/clean up. Then, about ten miles further up the road, is a bridge, over the Scioto River. Nice place to toss weapons, clothing, etc... About 1.5 miles later you turn onto 23N. That goes through Piketon, and on up to Chillicothe. There's a huge campaign billboard, on the left-hand side of the road, as you enter town, with CR's pic (I just found that interesting, as I rode past, since I almost feel as though I know him.) There are signs all along there that asks for you turn in any suspected impaired drivers, or drug info. I lost count of how many vehicles that I saw pulled over throughout there.

Sorry, I didn't get any photos. I was on my m/c so I couldn't really snap any pics, and we were trying to make time getting to Chillicothe, so I just didn't have the time to pull over.

What kind of campaign billboard? The way you've described it, the perps could've been parked at the rest area and made their way on foot through the woods?

For the record, I find this super interesting!

I can definitely see something surrounding LE involvement in this. Whoever did this had to have, imo, some sort of firearms familiarity, and the ability to emotionally detach. My theory,surrounding LE while a bit different, (a LE officer(s) was going to be exposed, through them narcing, so the LEO(s) took care of business), still ends up w/a LEO(s) seeing prison as a possibility and taking matters into their own hands.

It could have been undercover LE that were going to be exposed and years of work ruined...

What kind of campaign billboard? The way you've described it, the perps could've been parked at the rest area and made their way on foot through the woods?

For the record, I find this super interesting!

It was a Charlie Reader for Sheriff billboard. I didn't see any billboards for any competitors but that doesn't mean there weren't any. I was just cruising along, and there was CR's face! So I definitely noticed his.

It would be a fairly difficult trek through those woods, in that area. Especially at night. During the time of day that I went through, which was around 4-5 p.m.- ish on a Friday afternoon, there was very little traffic. I mean almost none. It's like it is here on the parkways. I'd say after 9-10 pm, there is almost no one on that highway. I'd almost think that they could have dropped them off, above the homes, drove off, and picked them up at a predetermined location, then, moved onto KR (or took care of him first). Then, they could have went to the rest stop, changed, (I don't know if the rest stop has camera surveillance up near the building though, or not. I didn't see any signs denoting it.) and dumped their stuff in the river. That's a much wider, deeper, river than it appears to be, on the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member