OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No thoughts yet on the autopsy reports??? I can't believe how quiet it is in here. I guess everyone is either trying to absorb it all or are driving home from work. Maybe a stop at the pub on the way home?

Still reading them......well, the parts that aren't redacted.

Great! Just Great! To use the death of a family of 8 for elections! My parents used to say "what is this world coming to?" Boy is that an understatement! It seems more and more that "life" is no big thing to people. To me it is the greatest gift on earth to have health, and family. Money is something you need to "survive" not to have "things". Every life should be a "cherished" thing! Ambition, headlines, money, power, these are the things most important to a lot of people these days. Not morals, honesty, love, kindness, looking out for one another. In today's world, everyone is in such a "hurry" for everything. This just makes me so very sad for our world.

Hey, I don't condone it, but it's playing out on our national stage, it's not a stretch that it could play out in Small Town, USA.

No thoughts yet on the autopsy reports??? I can't believe how quiet it is in here. I guess everyone is either trying to absorb it all or are driving home from work. Maybe a stop at the pub on the way home?

I mean, honestly, they didn't tell us anything that we really didn't already know, except the victims weight/height and organ health.

The overall rate of teen pregnancy has steadily dropped over the last couple of decades. We just just have a much larger window into everyone's lives with constant news, reality shows, and the internet. Also, in my era, it was something that was kinda kept quiet. Some of the girls left school when they started "showing", or got married and, Gee, that baby sure looks big and healthy for a premature birth! In 2014, there was an average of about 24 births for every 1,000 adolescent females, but in 1991 the teen birth rate was nearly 62 births for every 1,000 adolescent females.

Teen pregnancies are nevertheless more common in some areas, Pike County has 64,6 teen pregnancies (not births) for every 1000 (2010) and that's high in OH which has an all over rate at 55,3 (54) per 1000.

http://pike.oh.networkofcare.org/ph/indicator_detail.aspx?id=teen_preg_oh

http://www.livescience.com/45355-teen-pregnancy-rates-by-state.html

I mean, honestly, they didn't tell us anything that we really didn't already know, except the victims weight/height and organ health.

My thoughts exactly! It does make it a little more official! It's really just sad.

RSD, I wasn't disagreeing with you and meant no disrespect. Actually I was agreeing with your statement. I was just expressing my opinion to. Love your posts and really enjoy your opinions.

Teen pregnancies are nevertheless more common in some areas, Pike County has 64,6 teen pregnancies (not births) for every 1000 (2010) and that's high in OH which has an all over rate at 55,3 (54) per 1000.

http://pike.oh.networkofcare.org/ph/indicator_detail.aspx?id=teen_preg_oh

http://www.livescience.com/45355-teen-pregnancy-rates-by-state.html

I agree with the regional statistics. I've lived in, and worked in, the Appalachian Region, my entire life and many of the counties here have those same statistics, but, as one person who worked in the region with me, not so eloquently put it, when an outsider made a snide remark about the birth rates, and how could they justify a satellite dish, sitting behind their tar paper shack; My co-worker told them; Come live up in the middle of these mountains. There's not a lot of things for young folks to do except watch t.v. and f$&%. That shut them up pretty quick. There's always someone who thinks they know what's best for poor folk, but they've never walked in their shoes. Burns me up.

RSD, I wasn't disagreeing with you and meant no disrespect. Actually I was agreeing with your statement. I was just expressing my opinion to. Love your posts and really enjoy your opinions.

Oh, I took no offense nor felt disrespected. I just felt like with today's technology, surely it would be easier to whittle down the list, so to speak. I enjoy your input as well. No problem-o here! :fence:

That's not entirely correct. There are some areas of information redacted in some reports that are not redacted in others. Anything redacted for one and not another likely means there is something that may have significance. What that significance is I don't know..

As an example, what was redacted in HG & DR's report where it describes the tongue? Compare that to some others where is simply says "tongue was atraumatic". For both CRsr & CRjrs that part is redacted along with a lot more of that section.

Same with the descriptions of stomach contents. Sometimes it's listed, other times redacted.

Might not end up meaning much, but clearly someone thinks it must mean something.

Hopefully this will be a slow news weekend so the reporters can go over the autopsy reports in detail and tell us what their sources think this all means.

I agree with the regional statistics. I've lived in, and worked in, the Appalachian Region, my entire life and many of the counties here have those same statistics, but, as one person who worked in the region with me, not so eloquently put it, when an outsider made a snide remark about the birth rates, and how could they justify a satellite dish, sitting behind their tar paper shack; My co-worker told them; Come live up in the middle of these mountains. There's not a lot of things for young folks to do except watch t.v. and f$&%. That shut them up pretty quick. There's always someone who thinks they know what's best for poor folk, but they've never walked in their shoes. Burns me up.

Spice that boredom up with drugs and other crime, and we have a recipe for disaster. I'm so sad for that region, from what I've read they're proud and independent people, and their needs are being ignored by the rest of the country. I'm sure this is true for a lot of places all over the world, but they haven't caught my attention the way Pike County did on April 22nd. :)

My thoughts exactly! It does make it a little more official! It's really just sad.

It seems like a smartass response to the lawsuit. Here's your reports, all unknown info still a secret.

I do think they have something up their sleeves though. The DEA, FBI, and Homeland Security have been involved, and that is a hell of a lot better than leaving it up to PCSD.

As an example, what was redacted in HG & DR's report where it describes the tongue? Compare that to some others where is simply says "tongue was atraumatic". For both CRsr & CRjrs that part is redacted along with a lot more of that section.

This jumped out a me as well. My mind jumped to 'missing' right away. I'm sure that is not it but it was still odd that this was redacted. Something is definitely different about it from the other results.

Spice that boredom up with drugs and other crime, and we have a recipe for disaster. I'm so sad for that region, from what I've read they're proud and independent people, and their needs are being ignored by the rest of the country. I'm sure this is true for a lot of places all over the world, but they haven't caught my attention the way Pike County did on April 22nd. :)

This jumped out a me as well. My mind jumped to 'missing' right away. I'm sure that is not it but it was still odd that this was redacted. Something is definitely different about it from the other results.
My thoughts were that some of the victims may have bitten their tongue and some didn't. Need to study them a little more before I comment about some of the other findings.

I saw an article earlier entitled something like "paper bags tied to victims hands in Pike County murders". They changed it within minutes, but it was slightly funny to think what was going through that reporter's mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw an article earlier entitled something like "paper bags tied to victims hands in Pike County murders". They changed it within minutes, but it was slightly funny to think what was going through that reporter's mind.

I read that in some of the autopsy reports as well! I assumed they did that for evidence under the fingernails.

I really thought you emptied your bladder upon death. Am I totally wrong? Chris Jr., that I recall off hand, had quite a bit of urine in his bladder. What's up with that?

I read that in some of the autopsy reports as well! I assumed they did that for evidence under the fingernails.

Yes, they do that to preserve evidence like DNA, gunshot residue, etc.

But it was the title of the article, so I'm guessing someone thought that was how they were found.

After looking at the amount of redacted text (yes, I feel kinda stupid spending time on that) under "Evidence of injury", CR1 has the longest text, followed by GR, then DR and HG, and then the FR, HR, CR1, and KR has the shortest. I guess that could point us in the direction of who's got the most injuries, but it could also be that different injuries has different level of complexity. I'm going to sleep, and hoping to wake up to some news(leaks). :eek:fftobed:

Edit: It's 1.15 AM here, I'm not in the habbit of taking afternoon naps. Not yet.:)

Anyone else find it odd that Hannah G is the only one whose autopsy mentioned dried blood re: her appearance? Random but something that stood out to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans