OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to be "that girl", but what do you mean by this?

When BJM found FR and HG, the six month old was covered in blood and sitting between them iirc. I had this really horrible vision of that baby sitting in that bed with his parents, all of that time. Maybe tugging Mom's hair. . . {sadness}

Eeewwwww.

One thing I noticed about GR's reports were that whatever was stated in the toxicology report and toxicology section of the autopsy took up a much larger area than for the others. And his Toxicology Report itself has a date of 6/14, while all others are dated 5/20.

I noticed that also. I've a feeling GR still had some personal problems.

That is very common with toenails. It can also affect the fingernails but it is much more rare. Usually, if it affects one nail, it will affect all the nails on that hand.

It's kind of like raised nails are a sign of not getting enough O2 or a heart condition. All of the nails/fingers will look odd, kind of club shaped. I'm strictly speculating but I've known of drug abusers to shoot up under their nails. Keeps from showing tracks.

Edit: autopsy states onychomycosis aka fungal infection (Thanks Dr. Know!)

That is very common with toenails. It can also affect the fingernails but it is much more rare. Usually, if it affects one nail, it will affect all the nails on that hand.

The autopsy report had the word onychomycosis aka fungal infection in it in regards to GR's toe & finger nails. Don't know how bad he had a fungal infection but maybe he just started getting it. It really isn't important in the whole manner of his death. I just wanted to answer the thick toenail and fingernail question.

The autopsy report had the word onychomycosis aka fungal infection in it in regards to GR's toe & finger nails. Don't know how bad he had a fungal infection but maybe he just started getting it. It really isn't important in the whole manner of his death. I just wanted to answer the thick toenail and fingernail question.
Yes, I also looked that up to make certain they were talking about a fungus problem. I cannot imagine putting a needle in my finger especially such a tender place.OUCH!!!

I missed that, thanks!

Yes, I also looked that up to make certain they were talking about a fungus problem. I cannot imagine putting a needle in my finger especially such a tender place.OUCH!!!

I guess they do shoot up under the nails but always thought the more common place was between the toes from learning about heroin addicts years ago. Yes, Ouch.

Apparently, crack addicts have done this. Under the nail injection and heroin addicts. Coke too. All I see reading the report for GR, is potential due to history of drugs or that he needed to see a doctor.

I need to read more but kidneys malfunctioning can cause lots of problems like this also. But then again, an untreated fungal infection can infect many organs.

All but KR had brown bags on their hands. His autopsy said white bags. Probably nothing but I did note that when reading his report.

Argh! There's not much to read!

Probably just which ever was available on that ambulance. I don't think it makes any difference.

I guess they do shoot up under the nails but always thought the more common place was between the toes from learning about heroin addicts years ago. Yes, Ouch.

Cannot imagine what it would be like to resort to that.

People do get toenail/fingernail infections and it's contagious from what I've read, so I'm not going to take that to the next level with redacted autopsie reports. GR, CRsr & KR did have more existing problems than the rest. Maybe DR too. You get older, you fall apart. I know.

Common factors of all eight are head trauma. Tongue mentioned in a few, skull fractures redacted, neck of DR, FR's is sketchy kind of. Rest in peace, as I feel I've invaded their privacy.

I totally thought the same thing . She ( Kendra Rhoden ) is implying something ....

People do get toenail/fingernail infections and it's contagious from what I've read, so I'm not going to take that to the next level with redacted autopsie reports. GR, CRsr & KR did have more existing problems than the rest. Maybe DR too. You get older, you fall apart. I know.

Common factors of all eight are head trauma. Tongue mentioned in a few, skull fractures redacted, neck of DR, FR's is sketchy kind of. Rest in peace, as I feel I've invaded their privacy.

BBM
Same here. I'd never want my autopsy results released to the public for any reason. Those are our final medical records and should be treated with the same privacy as our records are if we are living. I read them. It's part of why we are all here, but, I feel uncomfortable with my decision to read them.

BBM
Same here. I'd never want my autopsy results released to the public for any reason. Those are our final medical records and should be treated with the same privacy as our records are if we are living. I read them. It's part of why we are all here, but, I feel uncomfortable with my decision to read them.

I know, I cried when I read the reports. In the last months , like it or not , I feel I know way to much about this family. But with that being said, I also feel that there is nothing I can do to help this family but try and figure out who did this monsterous thing to them. Somehow I feel close to the victims, maybe it's because we have been studying them and their family and friends for the last months. In order to do that, I have to become clinical with the information we receive. Or at least, I have tried to. I'm not on here( like the majority of us I'm sure) to read about a sensational murder. We are on here (or at least I am) because we can identify with this family in some way. That fact alone scares the hell out of me!
In my younger days, I did stupid things. Put my family in danger without even realizing it (drug use) , hung around some really shady character's not even thinking twice about it. Should people die just cause their not thinking straight or for whatever reason the Rhodens were mixed up with these people. NO!
I thank almighty good Lord above everyday for my second chance. I thank him everyday for my soberity! And days like today, I feel guilty that I was blessed and the Rhoden's didn't get their second chance.

The gun shot wounds could be the reason for the skull fractures. There sure seemed to be a lot of scars. I don't understand the mention of staples and stitches.

BBM
Probably just left from an old surgery from an illness or accident. They put that thread in there and leave it when there's not a better option. Not all of the thread is made to dissolve. I noticed some scant bowel adhesions too. He could have had surgery to remove adhesions, or the adhesions had developed as a result of a surgery.

With their hobbies of Demo Derby and coon hunting and propensity to fight, I didn't personally find the scars out of the norm.

I wondered if some scars, etc., were from recent altercations that may have been a factor in their demise....

[/B]BBM
Probably just left from an old surgery from an illness or accident. They put that thread in there and leave it when there's not a better option. Not all of the thread is made to dissolve. I noticed some scant bowel adhesions too. He could have had surgery to remove adhesions, or the adhesions had developed as a result of a surgery.
I agree, Chris probably had adhesion surgery. I was surprised that there were staples left in place, mainly because if one were to come out and become free flowing, it would probably wreak havoc. My husband had carpal tunnel and ulnar cubitol release surgery in 1994. We were told they put dissolving stitches inside the elbow region. About four months later, suture material worked its way out, just a tiny little loop. It felt like nylon thread. His next visit to the doc, they clipped it level with the skin and he has never had a problem with it again.
It does appear that Chris and Kenny had some issues going on they probably weren't even aware of. Kenny was a few months from a gallbladder attack, and in a few years might have needed heart surgery for coronary blockage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member