OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is gonna sound crazy, but I wonder if they checked and swabbed the dogs for evidence. Fibers, hairs, blood, skin, DNA on their paws or mouths.

Did someone give the dogs a big steak to keep them distracted while they did this, and was there evidence of it? Did they jump up and scratch the killer because they were excited to see them at first, leaving DNA on their nails? Did the dogs have GSR or blood spatter on them?

I know it's been reported that they're not friendly to strangers and would be difficult to handle for LE, but I've seen a case that was solved in part by this type of DNA evidence on a dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, your questions and theories don't sound crazy! I think they ignored the dogs since BJ stated they were on the porch and not in the house when she arrived. With them walking around outside for at least a few hours, they probably didn't think they could obtain anything useful from the paws. Now, if any of them had been injured, that might have been a reason to take swabs and have the dogs examined by a vet.

Thoughts on CR1 autopsy, not that it may mean anything other than what we already know; The assailant(s) are pretty cold. Based on CR1's cranial nerves and vessels being disrupted and unidentifiable and the pons having linear hemorrhages. I'd guess that he was shot at least one time to the top of the head. IANAD, so if someone else out there feels this to be incorrect, feel free to correct me.

Thoughts on CR1 autopsy, not that it may mean anything other than what we already know; The assailant(s) are pretty cold. Based on CR1's cranial nerves and vessels being disrupted and unidentifiable and the pons having linear hemorrhages. I'd guess that he was shot at least one time to the top of the head. IANAD, so if someone else out there feels this to be incorrect, feel free to correct me.

I noticed CR Sr also had a fractured vertebrae. Possibly a GSW?

This is gonna sound crazy, but I wonder if they checked and swabbed the dogs for evidence. Fibers, hairs, blood, skin, DNA on their paws or mouths.

Did someone give the dogs a big steak to keep them distracted while they did this, and was there evidence of it? Did they jump up and scratch the killer because they were excited to see them at first, leaving DNA on their nails? Did the dogs have GSR or blood spatter on them?

I know it's been reported that they're not friendly to strangers and would be difficult to handle for LE, but I've seen a case that was solved in part by this type of DNA evidence on a dog.

I've wondered about the dogs myself! All locations were said to have them. Only 2 were mentioned that they were kept indoors. It's unclear whether DR kept hers in the house. If only dogs could talk, they'd tell us exactly what unfolded that morning and they probably grieve over their humans just like us!

gosh darn it Jax I thought I put the whole address in it ! Thank you so much!

O/T Weird. Almost the whole address. I can't imagine why but there are 3 characters missing from your link. Should be ..../2013/10/review.... instead of ..../2013/reviewi...

O/T Weird. Almost the whole address. I can't imagine why but there are 3 characters missing from your link. Should be ..../2013/10/review.... instead of ..../2013/reviewi...

I love how you checked into this. Ha

People do get toenail/fingernail infections and it's contagious from what I've read, so I'm not going to take that to the next level with redacted autopsie reports. GR, CRsr & KR did have more existing problems than the rest. Maybe DR too. You get older, you fall apart. I know.

Common factors of all eight are head trauma. Tongue mentioned in a few, skull fractures redacted, neck of DR, FR's is sketchy kind of. Rest in peace, as I feel I've invaded their privacy.
Don't go talking about getting older and falling apart! Those are dirty words! As my grandmother used to say, "Growing old is not for sissies!" Couldn't be more true!

I copied from the website address, who knows? Hey if there is any kind of edges in my home I run into them to. Jax my hero lol!

People do get toenail/fingernail infections and it's contagious from what I've read, so I'm not going to take that to the next level with redacted autopsie reports. GR, CRsr & KR did have more existing problems than the rest. Maybe DR too. You get older, you fall apart. I know.

Common factors of all eight are head trauma. Tongue mentioned in a few, skull fractures redacted, neck of DR, FR's is sketchy kind of. Rest in peace, as I feel I've invaded their privacy.

Yes, unfortunately, I can confirm that there are many ways to get nail fungi. I experienced a dreaded toenail fungus after using those dang Jamberry nail appliqués that everyone and their mom pushed on me a few years ago.

Yes, unfortunately, I can confirm that there are many ways to get nail fungi. I experienced a dreaded toenail fungus after using those dang Jamberry nail appliqués that everyone and their mom pushed on me a few years ago.

I was reading over the reports again, and the way it is worded,ring finger and pinkie finger and thumb say thick, deformed on the right hand. The fungus states on toenails, specifically, no mention of the fingernails in R/T any type of fungus. Reports really have to be detailed to be considered factual. So I am still leaning toward the fingers being mashed or were the victims of a machinery accident.

I was completely obsessed with these murders in April and May, but got way behind this Summer. Having not posted since May, it makes me sad to read the autopsies now and know there still hasn't been any arrest(s). I hope LE still knows more than we do and is just making a very solid case before making an arrest(s). It doesn't look like LE as released much info in the last 4 months. :(

I was completely obsessed with these murders in April and May, but got way behind this Summer. Having not posted since May, it makes me sad to read the autopsies now and know there still hasn't been any arrest(s). I hope LE still knows more than we do and is just making a very solid case before making an arrest(s). It doesn't look like LE as released much info in the last 4 months. :(

Yes 24roses you are right. It is so incredibly frustrating. Unfortunately, if you look at it, there really haven't been any new developments at all since the first couple weeks. Nothing. I sure hope LE has more than they have released or we will still be on this forum 20 years from now.

Just had a thought. Maybe that's what they're waiting on. They spill a bit of stuff, or, arrest a suspect close to election time, and the AG and SR, are almost a shoe in at the polls.

DeWine is running for governor. That election is in 2018. He doesn't want any of these cases to blow up or get ugly before then. The current governor and DeWine probably don't care much who does or doesn't get elected in these small towns and counties. They're only concerned with their own careers and with protecting federal elected officials.

Unless someone comes forward and confesses, IMO, nothing new will happen with this case until after 2018. Honestly, I don't think they really care if it gets solved or not. They just want it to go away before it makes them look incompetent.

ETA: Another option for seeing it solved sooner would be if FBI and DEA managed to investigate on their own and solve it. That's still possible.

I wondered if some scars, etc., were from recent altercations that may have been a factor in their demise....

Many old scars and injuries might be from the work they did on fixing up cars. Look at the hands of any mechanic, especially if they do body work, too. Their hands and arms are usually pretty scarred up. It's an occupational thing.

Many old scars and injuries might be from the work they did on fixing up cars. Look at the hands of any mechanic, especially if they do body work, too. Their hands and arms are usually pretty scarred up. It's an occupational thing.

I used to work on cars so I know about the hand and arms being scarred. There were many on their torso, also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member