OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think it's crazy because who's to say there was any pot. Who's to say who's it was. If they can't be proven guilty then their heirs should not be punished.

The police are just as likely to exaggerate as anybody else. They're human just like the rest of us!

I just think it's crazy because who's to say there was any pot. Who's to say who's it was. If they can't be proven guilty then their heirs should not be punished.

I have heard of cases where properties were confiscated because renters were doing illegal activities. I know a bar owner that had cash confiscated because they
thought he was doing illegal gambling when he wasn't. It took him and a lawyer a year to get his money back...

Wow. Is all I can say.

Two things I want to mention concerning the property. IF there were any mortgages against it, those loan companies can and will forclose if payments are not made. Also... providing all is well in that respect, SOMEONE has to pay property taxes on the property, I have no clue how much property was owned or how much those taxes would be.

Two things I want to mention concerning the property. IF there were any mortgages against it, those loan companies can and will forclose if payments are not made. Also... providing all is well in that respect, SOMEONE has to pay property taxes on the property, I have no clue how much property was owned or how much those taxes would be.
But if they are not seized they could be sold and a trust made for the babies at least. Just say hypothetically speaking.

I have heard of cases where properties were confiscated because renters were doing illegal activities. I know a bar owner that had cash confiscated because they
thought he was doing illegal gambling when he wasn't. It took him and a lawyer a year to get his money back...
I hope he sued their pants off!

IMO you all are way off the track with this inheritance motive. Also, voyuerism appears to be the only reason for wanting to know details of death before they come out at trial. The newspaper is attempting to meddle with the investigation in order to get a scoop. There are some family members and locals who either know or suspect who would want the family dead. Who should they trust? MOO

My reason for wanting the records to be public is simply because it's the law. I expect the people enforcing the law to follow the law, and if they choose not to, I want to know why.
If you don't understand the importance of transparency in a democracy, I suggest you read this:

http://www.benefitsof.org/2015/06/why-are-public-records-important/

My reason for wanting the records to be public is simply because it's the law. I expect the people enforcing the law to follow the law, and if they choose not to, I want to know why.
If you don't understand the importance of transparency in a democracy, I suggest you read this:

http://www.benefitsof.org/2015/06/why-are-public-records-important/

I'd also read this. It's not automatically the law that everything is disseminated to the public. They are wanting the records kept out of the public eye until they arrest the assailants. We'll see and hear about it all of the gruesome details during court.

http://www.rcfp.org/special-reports/legal-guide-reporters-covering-ohio-shootings

Saw this today. Mexican Cartels very much in Ohio. At least two of them...

http://wdtn.com/2016/08/24/officials-miami-valley-flooded-with-mexican-cartel-members/
After reading about that bust in Tulsa, it is just hard for me to wrap my brain around these multi million dollar businesses that the players only goal is money. I wonder how they feel if it's their nice or nephew they end up burying because of their illegal business, or do they rationalize this by blaming their competition for deaths in their family. And this all took place 88 miles from the town I called home for over 15 years. And I'm sure the people living in the Dayton area feel the same way.

I ran across some info from Tulsa concerning five murders in a 24 hr period. There was no mention of a cartel connection, but the Irish Mob gang, which originated as a prison gang now has members in mainstream Tulsa. Police say they are mainly known for meth trafficking. Don't know if it is possible if this particular gang has been heard of In Ohio or not

I ran across some info from Tulsa concerning five murders in a 24 he period. There was no mention of a cartel connection, but the Irish Mob gang, which originated as a prison gang now has members in mainstream Tulsa. Police say they are mainly known for meth trafficking. Don't know if it is possible if this particular gang has been heard of In Ohio or not

I haven't seen any indication of the Irish Mob Gang in Ohio. I do see them from time to time in my home state.

Their primary dominion covers Tulsa and OKC but they are also being found in areas of OK in smaller cities/towns.

They are one of two white prison gangs that operate in Oklahoma prisons, the other being the United Aryan Brotherhood (UAB).

The meth and heroin trafficked by IMG in their areas comes from Mexico, of course. Drugs don't come out of Mexico in volume into the US without cartel involvement.

The feds have a big conspiracy case against IMG members and some associates that was filed in July 2016. Some of the indicted may have close cartel ties.

Every state and every area has forms of drug trafficking organizations. Some will resemble IMG. Others will look different. All of them distribute drugs that come from cartel sources.

Some are more prone to violence than others.

In the end, they're all about the same thing.

Money from a billions of dollars industry.

I'd also read this. It's not automatically the law that everything is disseminated to the public. They are wanting the records kept out of the public eye until they arrest the assailants. We'll see and hear about it all of the gruesome details during court.

http://www.rcfp.org/special-reports/legal-guide-reporters-covering-ohio-shootings

I simplified. If it's common practice to release autopsy reports, when they are being held back they need to explain why. Apparently, in this case, their explanation didn't satisfy the Dispatch or the Enquirer, and then it's their public duty to push for answers with all means necessary, like it or not. It's wrong to accuse the journalists of messing with the investigation chasing a scoop. Arresting the ones guilty is the best scoop they can hope for.

I don't think those records will tell us much, but LE holding them back might imo.

I asked earlier about any guess on the earliest time JM would have known everyone was dead but there were no guesses. Here is why I asked (apologies if it was already asked)

From the interview with Frankie's ex:

She doesn’t have to look at her phone to recall that it was 8:14 a.m. on April 22 when she got the news. Her tall-for-his-age and tow-headed son Brentley, who turns 4 in September, was all right, the caller said, but his dad and all the other Rhodens she loved?

“They told me they’d all been murdered,” said Chelsea, 21. “I didn’t know what to believe. I just had to get there to see for myself.”

Who called Chelsea? The time of death (which is actually the time of discovery for Dana,Hanna May, and Chris by LE)Jr is 8:17. If someone called her at 8:14 and specifically told her everyone was dead how did they already know?

Now there could be an assumption on the part of James Manley that after finding what he did that something was terribly wrong.But I sincerely doubt that even with the strongest hunch you are not going to start spreading the news that an entire household has been murdered until you are sure.

So even if he called BJ to tell her what he found he isn't going to risk her letting Mr.Manley know that they are all dead if there is a 1% chance they aren't. For all they knew someone could be seriously injured or not even in the house. For instance there would have been a chance that Chris Jr. wasn't there since his car wasn't at Dana's it was at his father's.They knew nothing at the time that would let them know the time of death hence upon coming upon that scene at that time it wouldn't be far fetched to assume it was a very fresh crime scene and Chris Jr could have gotten a ride to school. Wouldn't any reasonable person be holding onto small hopes like that until they had to face the truth? Heck if it were me I'd be hoping maybe someone was kidnapped because in that moment anything would be better than the truth.

So is it me or did someone majorly jump the gun in letting Chelsea know? Who made that call and why at 8:14 that morning were they confident enough to call Chelsea and tell her that not only were Frankie and Hannah dead but so were Dana,Chris Jr and Hannah Mae?

Could just be the difference between people's watches. But I am really thinking is nobody jumped the gun. The 8:17 is the time LE discovered the bodies, not J's time of discovery. He could have been at Dana's 10-15 mins before LE arrived and went inside the house.

No I think if she says 8:14 it was on her phone. James Manley went in but when he heard the baby crying he left. He had no way of knowing they were all dead.

“They told me they’d all been murdered,” said Chelsea, 21. “I didn’t know what to believe. I just had to get there to see for myself.”

snipped

I'm not sure she means "all" as in all 7(8) victims, I think BJM or her friends probably called her and the "all" they were referring to were the first four, CR1,GR,FR and HG.
I'll have to read the article again.

No I think if she says 8:14 it was on her phone. James Manley went in but when he heard the baby crying he left. He had no way of knowing they were all dead.
He most likely figured out if Dana was dead, the two youngest kids were also dead, since he already knew four other family members were dead. And remember, the 8:17 TOD was when the police entered the house and discovered Hanna and Chris were also dead. The three of them have the TOD as being 8:17.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE