OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think for the most part, it really stands out in my mind the number of shots each person rec'd. The killers know how many times each person was shot, and, unless they are complete retards, they know the coroner's office staff and BCI employees, and the people working at the funeral homes also know, so nobody can convince me that particular piece of knowledge would be sensitive to release.

The fact that the killer(s) know the info is the point, inho. That type info is used to quickly eliminate people who make false confessions. Saves LE wasting time investigating those individuals.

IMO you all are way off the track with this inheritance motive. Also, voyuerism appears to be the only reason for wanting to know details of death before they come out at trial. The newspaper is attempting to meddle with the investigation in order to get a scoop. There are some family members and locals who either know or suspect who would want the family dead. Who should they trust? MOO

I see where you are coming from, but since the first few weeks of this case they started out they had 30 tips to follow up on, to now rec'd over 700 tips, I would imagine all the kooks have already been weeded out. We probably just haven't heard about them because there are so many rumors and theories and thoughts going around, LE just didn't let the info out. However, it might be helpful if LE was to say, we have eliminated 175 tips connected to this case, and continue to focus on other tips we continue to receive and eliminate more that have no bearing on this case. THAT would be unidentified info LE could release that would give the gen pub some hope that there is progress in the case.
Had there only been one murder instead of eight, there would have been much more press coverage with updates.

All land, we know, was in CR1's name, and he is deceased, as are his children. If he died, intestate, then each his grandchildren will receive equal shares of his estate, according to Ohio Law.

I will bet the properties get confiscated by the state. Especially any that had grow operations on them or were used for illegal activity.

Sometimes I think whoever did this ALREADY got what they wanted. Revenge, carnage and evil. Plain and simple.

I agree. Dangerous people. I don't know how they will react when then get caught. Could be with more blood. I think this is why the Sheriff is careful.

Yep. One of them, or possibly even both of them, alone, would not have ever committed the murders. The only problem is, that normally the people who do this, and get by this long, are the ones who pass for normal. There's one, who has been on my radar, since very early on, simply based on their online persona. This person is most likely not one of the assailants, but, what we put out there to the world, shapes how folks see us, especially when something horrible like this happens.

So how would this person behave in his/her environment while everyone is mourning?

Is it possible this person is expressing remorse and grief? Or would he/she be cold or go silent?

The person or persons involved all might behave differently, but most likely be one or the other of which you described.

I will bet the properties get confiscated by the state. Especially any that had grow operations on them or were used for illegal activity.

They very well could be, under the law as it stands now. The only locations that I could see, that were possibly attained w/ill-gotten gains, would be the Camp Creek property, the property with the garage that's between CR & FR's trailers, and where DR was living. The other properties were et al with his brothers, and were, from my understanding, inherited. Which, would be another reason I'd not see this as a crime for property assets. They'll split a 1/4 of CR1's portion, of the et. al properties, and those who are on the deed already, will retain their portions of the properties.

So how would this person behave in his/her environment while everyone is mourning?

Is it possible this person is expressing remorse and grief? Or would he/she be cold or go silent?

I'd think, if they have a FB, it will look much as it did prior to the murders. If they went on about any of the victims, and had friendships w/them, on FB, prior to the murders, I'd guess that they would express some type of mourning, post news updates on occasion, etc... If they had little use for them prior to the murders, I doubt we'd see much of a change afterwards. If' they're from the area, they may post an update, or comment, just to seem sympathetic, or maybe nothing at all. Just guessing. It's odd how the mind works.

Amazing how the info keeps changing and getting more and more incorrect. Now it is one property with illegal marijuana operation. They got the two Hannas mixed up, too. This says DeWine don't know how many perps..

DeWine has previously declined to say if an illegal marijuana operation found on the property of one of the Rhoden victims is the reason for the Pike County killings
In the Kenton County killings, the couples’ children were left unharmed by the killers, who police said were familiar with the house, WSYX reported.
In Pike County, DeWine has said the majority of the victims were killed while sleeping in their beds, and Hannah Gilley was found just inches from her newborn. DeWine too has said it appeared the suspects were familiar with the crime scenes.
DeWine said they do not know how many suspects are out there in connection to the Pike County shootings and so far no arrests have been made.
Authorities in Kentucky are still searching for killers in the Kenton County shootings as well.

They very well could be, under the law as it stands now. The only locations that I could see, that were possibly attained w/ill-gotten gains, would be the Camp Creek property, the property with the garage that's between CR & FR's trailers, and where DR was living. The other properties were et al with his brothers, and were, from my understanding, inherited. Which, would be another reason I'd not see this as a crime for property assets. They'll split a 1/4 of CR1's portion, of the et. al properties, and those who are on the deed already, will retain their portions of the properties.

bbm, Curious, Is the law to confiscate property have to do with a drug bust? and does it include property were a murder was committed and then the drugs are found? jmo idk

bbm, Curious, Is the law to confiscate property have to do with a drug bust? and does it include property were a murder was committed and then the drugs are found? jmo idk

In some jurisdictions, (states), there has been a broad misuse of the forfeiture laws. The laws were originally created to allow a way for authorities to put the hurt on large scale criminal ventures, by being able to seize their resources. It sounds good in theory. Until it's your bull getting gored. LEDs have been misusing the laws and seizing the assets of people who have never been found guilty of a crime, and they don't give the assets back. They sell it. The average person does not have the funds to fight them in court to regain their assets, so, it lines the LED's budget, and that's where you see a lot of the new stuff they'd otherwise not be able to afford. Ohio is not a bad about it as some states though (Iirc, FL is horrible.), and Ohio is one of the states that's going about trying to change how asset forfeiture is done. I guess, theoretically, under the current law, they could seize, some, or all, of CR1's assets. I'm not as sure under the changes, it seems they may have to prove guilt, but, I'm just guessing.

TN
Amazing how the info keeps changing and getting more and more incorrect. Now it is one property with illegal marijuana operation. They got the two Hannas mixed up, too. This says DeWine don't know how many perps..

DeWine has previously declined to say if an illegal marijuana operation found on the property of one of the Rhoden victims is the reason for the Pike County killings
In the Kenton County killings, the couples’ children were left unharmed by the killers, who police said were familiar with the house, WSYX reported.
In Pike County, DeWine has said the majority of the victims were killed while sleeping in their beds, and Hannah Gilley was found just inches from her newborn. DeWine too has said it appeared the suspects were familiar with the crime scenes.
DeWine said they do not know how many suspects are out there in connection to the Pike County shootings and so far no arrests have been made.
Authorities in Kentucky are still searching for killers in the Kenton County shootings as well.
Let's hope AG Mike isn't suffering from early onset dementia!

I didn't see any quotes in the report. Looks like the incorrect info is the result of bad journalism.

Right? Wouldn't there need to be somebody tried and convicted of a crime to have the properties seazed?

Wow. Is all I can say.
More times than I care to think about, property of a deceased person makes it easier to get than taking candy from a baby! Think about all the cash seized in large drug busts that becomes LE property supposedly used to educate against drug use. WHATEVER!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE