OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. One would have to have a pretty low morality and low esteem of the victims. I cannot picture this in this immediate environment of the family.

Historically, I would be curious to see how frequently people have sold their family just for money without any sort of personal motive.

Unless the person did not anticipate what was going to happen. But then I would ask, if the intention wasn't there, why this person would continue to protect the perp. I don't really buy that scenario.

Regarding the protection of the perp with respect to facts or alibi, the most probable scenario is that the perp(s) is (are) covered by people with an intimate relationship: parents, brother, lover, best friend....
The only true frame of reference I have for doing anything are my own morals. What would it take for ME personally (myself) to conjure up enough hate to kill 8 family members (in 2 generations, btw). The ONLY reason I could do something this heinous would be if someone sexually abused one of my kids. There is NO reason in this case to think anything like that. There is NO rumor of that in this case at all. So the guilty party almost has to be a psycho/sociopath and someone who operates on an entirely abnormal set of reasoning JUST MY OPINION. Hope I explained that right.

I agree. One would have to have a pretty low morality and low esteem of the victims. I cannot picture this in this immediate environment of the family.

Historically, I would be curious to see how frequently people have sold their family just for money without any sort of personal motive.

Unless the person did not anticipate what was going to happen. But then I would ask, if the intention wasn't there, why this person would continue to protect the perp. I don't really buy that scenario.

Regarding the protection of the perp with respect to facts or alibi, the most probable scenario is that the perp(s) is (are) covered by people with an intimate relationship: parents, brother, lover, best friend....

What if the person was just confiding in very close friends/family members, about how hurt they were, or angry, at CR1, and his family, for how they felt they'd been treated. This could be a person who felt they'd given far more, emotionally, than they received back. If someone were a bit "off balance" so to speak, and already had a hate for CR1, and his family, this might could give them one more reason to pull a Dexter Morgan (Not saying they are a serial killer, but, they're just thinking they are doing themselves, the close friend/family member who was hurt, and Piketon, a favor.) If you look at it through objective eyes, you can come up with several reasons for people to dislike the Rhodens. Not that any of it would add up to murder, but, add a friend or family member being hurt by them, their own dislike/hate, and a bit of mental imbalance, and maybe they started to formulate a plan.

Just a thought. Not really in my top 25 theories though.

What if the person was just confiding in very close friends/family members, about how hurt they were, or angry, at CR1, and his family, for how they felt they'd been treated. This could be a person who felt they'd given far more, emotionally, than they received back. If someone were a bit "off balance" so to speak, and already had a hate for CR1, and his family, this might could give them one more reason to pull a Dexter Morgan (Not saying they are a serial killer, but, they're just thinking they are doing themselves, the close friend/family member who was hurt, and Piketon, a favor.) If you look at it through objective eyes, you can come up with several reasons for people to dislike the Rhodens. Not that any of it would add up to murder, but, add a friend or family member being hurt by them, their own dislike/hate, and a bit of mental imbalance, and maybe they started to formulate a plan.

Just a thought. Not really in my top 25 theories though.
In my view, this is a personal crime, revenge, hatred. It's about some kind of relationship turned wrong (probably male -female spreading to family) jmo.

I agree with the irrationnal aspect put forward by evezrn

Now, I am thinking about the meaning of "multiple killers" an "people know more than they tell". So I envision this could mean anything from:
1) 2 active shooters
Down to
2) 1 active shooter with complicity, for example covering alibi

If there are 2 active killers, do they have the same motivations? If someone is covering an alibi, why are they doing it?

in family disputes sometimes members take side. Grand Parents will even go as far, sometimes, to protect a parent in cases of child aduction.

The only true frame of reference I have for doing anything are my own morals. What would it take for ME personally (myself) to conjure up enough hate to kill 8 family members (in 2 generations, btw). The ONLY reason I could do something this heinous would be if someone sexually abused one of my kids. There is NO reason in this case to think anything like that. There is NO rumor of that in this case at all. So the guilty party almost has to be a psycho/sociopath and someone who operates on an entirely abnormal set of reasoning JUST MY OPINION. Hope I explained that right.
Yes. You mean irrationnal.

So why and how multiple killers collaborate in a personal and irrationnal crime?

Yes. You mean irrationnal.

So why and how multiple killers collaborate in a personal and irrationnal crime?

I would like to know who the 3rd potential father of the youngest baby is. Has he been required to submit DNA?

My view is that it's a personal crime, revenge, hatred. It's about some kind of relationship turned wrong (probably male -female spreading to family) jmo.

I agree with the irrationnal aspect put forward by evezrn

Now, I am thinking about the meaning of "multiple killers" an "people know more than they tell". So I envision this could mean anything from:
1) 2 active shooters
Down to
2) 1 active shooter with complicity, for example covering alibi

If there are 2 active killers, do they have the same motivations? If someone is covering an alibi, why are they doing it?

in family disputes sometimes members take side. Grand Parents will even go as far, sometimes, to protect a parent in cases of child aduction.

My top theory is personal crime involving hate (or revenge). Once a person has started to hate another person, and they let it fester, it will eat at them. There's a saying; Allowing yourself to hate someone is like burning down your own house to get rid of a rat. If that person also has a friend who is talking to them about how much that other person has wronged them, and treated them like $&%#, after all they've done for them... Then the two of them build off of one another's anger. I personally don't see that it would be hard to find someone who didn't like CR1, and some other members of his family, either by cause, or by extension. I'm not speaking ill of the dead, it's right there in the newspapers and FB. All it takes is for one person who is a bit mentally unbalanced, or just plain evil, to get ticked at someone, and start thinking, and just rolling a plan around in their head, until it starts to take shape. It's also extraordinary what people can talk other people into going along with, too. People, alone, who'd never have even thought about committing a murder, had they not met up with that specific person. Family will also protect family many times until they know, 100%, for sure, that they've actually committed murder.

There was a case in FL, twin men, who were convicted of murdering their long time friend, who was a reporter. The dominant twin did it, but the other twin helped cover it up. Their father, was called by LE, and had to ultimately bring himself to the realization, that what they buried in his back yard was very likely not their friend's dog, and then called LE back. I think I'd have figured it out way earlier, but, I guess your mind doesn't want to go there.

I wonder what is in the autopsy reports. I can think is some possible reasons why they may want to keep them a secret. All of them bad. Maybe there isn't a good reason to keep them secret. I don't want them to release them if it will jeopardize the case but if they are keeping them secret just because they want to, then I feel they should be released.
There is probably nothing extraordinary in this autopsy report apart from the few facts that only the killers know. If it becomes public then what's left to validate a confession?

My top theory is personal crime involving hate (or revenge). Once a person has started to hate another person, and they let it fester, it will eat at them. There's a saying; Allowing yourself to hate someone is like burning down your own house to get rid of a rat. If that person also has a friend who is talking to them about how much that other person has wronged them, and treated them like $&%#, after all they've done for them... Then the two of them build off of one another's anger. I personally don't see that it would be hard to find someone who didn't like CR1, and some other members of his family, either by cause, or by extension. I'm not speaking ill of the dead, it's right there in the newspapers and FB. All it takes is for one person who is a bit mentally unbalanced, or just plain evil, to get ticked at someone, and start thinking, and just rolling a plan around in their head, until it starts to take shape. It's also extraordinary what people can talk other people into going along with, too. People, alone, who'd never have even thought about committing a murder, had they not met up with that specific person. Family will also protect family many times until they know, 100%, for sure, that they've actually committed murder.

There was a case in FL, twin men, who were convicted of murdering their long time friend, who was a reporter. The dominant twin did it, but the other twin helped cover it up. Their father, was called by LE, and had to ultimately bring himself to the realization, that what they buried in his back yard was very likely not their friend's dog, and then called LE back. I think I'd have figured it out way earlier, but, I guess your mind doesn't want to go there.

It's why I never wanted twins.

Makes sense. you are saying they both hate for different reasons.

We need to find the other "unbalanced" that worked with Mr number 3 or Mr number 4.

I think for the most part, it really stands out in my mind the number of shots each person rec'd. The killers know how many times each person was shot, and, unless they are complete retards, they know the coroner's office staff and BCI employees, and the people working at the funeral homes also know, so nobody can convince me that particular piece of knowledge would be sensitive to release.

I think for the most part, it really stands out in my mind the number of shots each person rec'd. The killers know how many times each person was shot, and, unless they are complete retards, they know the coroner's office staff and BCI employees, and the people working at the funeral homes also know, so nobody can convince me that particular piece of knowledge would be sensitive to release.
I do hope the coroner office and BCI can keep a secret. I think this report would say about calibers, distance, angle of shots.

It's why I never wanted twins.

Makes sense. you are saying they both hate for different reasons.

We need to find the other "unbalanced" that worked with Mr number 3 or Mr number 4.

Yep. One of them, or possibly even both of them, alone, would not have ever committed the murders. The only problem is, that normally the people who do this, and get by this long, are the ones who pass for normal. There's one, who has been on my radar, since very early on, simply based on their online persona. This person is most likely not one of the assailants, but, what we put out there to the world, shapes how folks see us, especially when something horrible like this happens.

Fwiw, I don't think the public needs to know, what is going on in family court, nor, what is in the deceased's autopsy reports. I'd not want my autopsy report, nor the report of my loved ones, out for public review. I'd also not want my family court business out for public consumption either. That's just my personal view on the two matters.

I can see your point, rsd. But the scenario you describe usually involves targeting just one person, not eight, including the mothers of newborn babies, at four separate locations. Not impossible, but not likely, IMO. But until we learn more, who really knows?

I would like to know who the 3rd potential father of the youngest baby is. Has he been required to submit DNA?

Unless the the third man wants to apply for custody, and admits to being a potential candidate for father, I doubt he'd be forced to submit to DNA, based on hearsay.

I can see your point, rsd. But the scenario you describe usually involves targeting just one person, not eight, including the mothers of newborn babies, at four separate locations. Not impossible, but not likely, IMO. But until we learn more, who really knows?

If they were not all from the same family, I'd not think that way. If they were all connected just through one or more of either the drug trade, or *advertiser censored* fights, or working on dermo derby cars together, or anything else that pulled them together. But, they were all blood kin, in some way, except HG and she may as well have been. She was living w/FR and was the mother of his child. She was seen as a Rhoden, by the Rhodens. Nothing else, that we know that they were involved in, not even the pot plants, screams out murder to me.

Fwiw, I don't think the public needs to know, what is going on in family court, nor, what is in the deceased's autopsy reports. I'd not want my autopsy report, nor the report of my loved ones, out for public review. I'd also not want my family court business out for public consumption either. That's just my personal view on the two matters.

I think actual time of death as calculated and maybe some other info from autopsies could be released without getting too graphic. I don't think we need to know about brain hanging out of skulls and such...

I think actual time of death as calculated and maybe some other info from autopsies could be released without getting too graphic. I don't think we need to know about brain hanging out of skulls and such...

They won't really give us anything, via the newspaper, other than the Final Opinion most likely. The Opinion is usually made up of Time of Death, Cause of Death , Manner of Death, and the physician's Remarks. All of those things though, could have potentially sensitive information listed. I guess I'm just a very private person too. I know we all want to know, but, I value personal privacy. If it were my family member, and I felt that anything in the autopsy would assist in catching their killer, then I'd be open to allowing LE to publish that particular information, but our medical records are supposed to be private. I see our autopsy as our final medical record.

There is alot of info in an autopsy report, and there could be sensitive info they don't need to release, but # of bullets, TOD, wouldn't be sensitive info. Look at the incident report that was released. There were things blacked out, and there probably wasn't anything on that to amount to a hill of beans. I have filled out a few incident reports, and basically they just contain general info. We heard 911 calls, and then they hold back incident reports? Doesn't make alot of sense. So there would be several things that could be released on the autopsy reports without info that might be case sensitive. What bothers me the most is them not wanting to release anything, regardless of what it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member