OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me THEY is the Rhoden family. Logically the info would have come from LE or Protective Services. MOO
Aren't they having monthly meetings with LE? I read that somewhere

As far as I know, no one. I can't find one article that has a quote stating that anyone has visits w/the two babies. The two older children are each with their other bio parent.
Given the information provided in MSM, is it fair to assume that both Manley and Gilley families have requested custody of both children R and K?

I will be devil's advocate here and say that it is quite possible I would have reacted the same way JM did when he discovered the bodies.

His sister just found her brother in law dead. He enters this home finds his second sister lying in the hallway. He expects the worst for his niece.

If one doesn't know how to provide care in this situation then one should leave it to paramedics after an immediate call to 911. Perhaps learning should be a good idea but that's another story.

As for the little voice crying, as long as she is crying, she is fine and can wait assistance. I would have only gone in there if I heard her choking.

I will also be devil's advocate and say that overall I find BJM's reaction on the discovery quite natural, genuine, not suspicious.

In particular, it would be ackward, if she had done wrong, to call her father - father of the victims.

IMO, if one had something to hide, there would be easier ways to deal with the discovery. Another reaction could have been to just call cops and say "the door is locked, no one is answering, I think there is something wrong".

I will also be devil's advocate and say that overall I find BJM's reaction on the discovery quite natural, genuine, not suspicious.

In particular, it would be ackward, if she had done wrong, to call her father - father of the victims.

IMO, if one had something to hide, there would be easier ways to deal with the discovery. Another reaction could have been to just call cops and say "the door is locked, no one is answering, I think there is something wrong".
To complete on the discoveries:

I am a lot more curious of KR's discovery. It seems to me as the counter example of what I just said about BJM discovering CR1. Just wait hours, someone will find the bodies....

I don't know where you live, but, it is not that way in my state, nor Ohio. The bio dad, in your friend's case, had obviously been proven to be the bio dad, or there would not have been a court order of support. They won't order men to pay support until it is proven that they are the bio dad. If they were married to the mother at the time of the birth of the child, then the court sees them as the bio dad. Otherwise, no, signing the birth cert., is not good enough anymore if one is unwed. I've watched this play out more than once, the state will not award benefits from a deceased father, nor make a father pay child support, who was/is not married to a mother, unless it can be proven, that they are the father.

https://www.ohiobar.org/forpublic/resources/lawyoucanuse/pages/lawyoucanuse-438.aspx

I'm starting to wonder if we're talking about the same things. I was talking about SS benefits and glf brought up SS as well. Are you talking about paternity for child support payments? Or something altogether different. I'd hate to go in circles if we aren't talking the same subject.

Not sure I understand what you're getting at. But I did read all of it and found the "future" of the highway section interesting.
Sorry I was adding a link. Try the second one. What I'm getting at is the three execution style murders are all just off of 32.

Few things are fuzzy for me at the moment. After BJ made the first discovery did she go get her father before going to Frankie's?Or did James drop him off with BJ and then head to Dana's?

Who sent the police to Dana's and what time did they arrive.IIRC the time of deaths for the victims in Dana's house was 8:17 according to the death certificates. Obisouly that isn't the the actual time they died but the time there were discovered.I'm trying to think of the earliest time James would have known for a fact that Dana and the kids were dead. Any guesstimate on that?

Not sure I understand what you're getting at. But I did read all of it and found the "future" of the highway section interesting.
The reason I included the Wikipedia link was because it had a overall nice visible line of how it goes through. Maybe it was a hit by "out- of- towners" that incorporated the help of locals. Say a future business partner. Or this specific line of business. Someone that wants to take over for the Rhoden's. Maybe those same "out- of- towners" were doing business with the other two locations as well. These all happened a few months apart from each other so they did a hit one run and continued on their way and then chilled out a while. Did another run and did another hit, so on. By the time the bodies were found they were a good 3 hours out of town. I stayed up all night so maybe I'm just looney from insomnia at this point who knows....

Given the information provided in MSM, is it fair to assume that both Manley and Gilley families have requested custody of both children R and K?

This article states that CG, JW, and, according to the family, a third man, could be the potential father of HR's infant. As of this article's date, June 6, 2016, apparently dna tests had not been completed. Both CG and JW have applied for custody. I have also read that LM and JM have applied for custody of HRs baby.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...s-all-weve-got-left-just-those-kids/85231530/

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/06/14/paperwork-filed-for-rhoden-estates.html (LM/JM pursuing custody)

I'm thinking they had a much further destination on their regular runs and we're headed east. I am also thinking their origins are west. So maybe they were just passing through town. They could of course all be unrelated but when you look at the map and you listen to those other stories all I can say is wow.

I will be devil's advocate here and say that it is quite possible I would have reacted the same way JM did when he discovered the bodies.

His sister just found her brother in law dead. He enters this home finds his second sister lying in the hallway. He expects the worst for his niece.

If one doesn't know how to provide care in this situation then one should leave it to paramedics after an immediate call to 911. Perhaps learning should be a good idea but that's another story.

As for the little voice crying, as long as she is crying, she is fine and can wait assistance. I would have only gone in there if I heard her choking.

We don't really know, from JM himself, that he found DR in the hallway. LM and JM's wife tell two different versions of JM going into DR's home, but I don't remember JM, himself, sharing anything about that morning. There may be something out there, but, I just don't remember it.

For me, I think I'd have had to have gone in to check for signs of life from my niece and nephew. If nothing else than to sit with them, if they were alive, and to comfort them, and the baby, until the ambulance came. But, again, I've never been placed in that situation, thankfully, so I can't say for sure how I'd react.

Hell maybe he was just a trucker. An opportunistic trucker.

I don't think she did it, and I don't think she expected her family to be murdered. Now, wittingly, or unwittingly, could she have given info to the people who did commit the murders? I think so. I think she knows more than she's telling. I think DS does too.

I don't think she did it, and I don't think she expected her family to be murdered. Now, wittingly, or unwittingly, could she have given info to the people who did commit the murders? I think so. I think she knows more than she's telling. I think DS does too.
I think you could right about the very last part. And someone was supposed to get paid.

I'm starting to wonder if we're talking about the same things. I was talking about SS benefits and glf brought up SS as well. Are you talking about paternity for child support payments? Or something altogether different. I'd hate to go in circles if we aren't talking the same subject.

Both. When my grandchild's father died, he and my grandchild's mother were no longer in a relationship. He was seeing someone knew. His new gf had a baby. My grandchild's father died, about a week after the baby was born. His name was on the birth cert. However, since they were not married, and paternity had never been legally established, s.s.would not pay survivor's benefits to the infant's mother, until paternity had been established.She had to get his mother and father to go to the clinic and provide dna swabs, to be sent in, along with that of her child's dna swab, to prove that he was her child's father since she'd not known that him being on the birth cert. was not enough, until after he'd been cremated. (My grandchild rec'd s.s. survivor benefits w/o any problem b/c paternity had been legally established, well before their father's death.) It was a very horrible time for her made even more stressful b/c she had to go through proving he was the child's father in order to obtain benefits for her child. Anyone who has a child, and are unwed, even if they are happily living together, really should legally establish paternity. In the event that something happens it takes a lot of stress off of the child's mother.

I think you could right about the very last part. And someone was supposed to get paid.

Someone that normally relies on handouts could have been persuaded to give some info for cash. He, she, they could have been told the intent was to steal some pot or pot plants when the intent was to eliminate the family for what ever reason. The plants at KR's place may have been a surprise because they were supposed to be gone.

Dudly
Did you look at the links and know the other two stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE