OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I simplified. If it's common practice to release autopsy reports, when they are being held back they need to explain why. Apparently, in this case, their explanation didn't satisfy the Dispatch or the Enquirer, and then it's their public duty to push for answers with all means necessary, like it or not. It's wrong to accuse the journalists of messing with the investigation chasing a scoop. Arresting the ones guilty is the best scoop they can hope for.

I don't think those records will tell us much, but LE holding them back might imo.

Their explanation satisfied me, so, for me, I have to disagree, as far as their release to the public having any value at this time. I feel that they are making a choice based on what is best for the case. If the judge sees it differently, then he/she will side w/the press, and release them.

I asked earlier about any guess on the earliest time JM would have known everyone was dead but there were no guesses. Here is why I asked (apologies if it was already asked)

From the interview with Frankie's ex:

She doesn’t have to look at her phone to recall that it was 8:14 a.m. on April 22 when she got the news. Her tall-for-his-age and tow-headed son Brentley, who turns 4 in September, was all right, the caller said, but his dad and all the other Rhodens she loved?

“They told me they’d all been murdered,” said Chelsea, 21. “I didn’t know what to believe. I just had to get there to see for myself.”

Who called Chelsea? The time of death (which is actually the time of discovery for Dana,Hanna May, and Chris by LE)Jr is 8:17. If someone called her at 8:14 and specifically told her everyone was dead how did they already know?

Now there could be an assumption on the part of James Manley that after finding what he did that something was terribly wrong.But I sincerely doubt that even with the strongest hunch you are not going to start spreading the news that an entire household has been murdered until you are sure.

So even if he called BJ to tell her what he found he isn't going to risk her letting Mr.Manley know that they are all dead if there is a 1% chance they aren't. For all they knew someone could be seriously injured or not even in the house. For instance there would have been a chance that Chris Jr. wasn't there since his car wasn't at Dana's it was at his father's.They knew nothing at the time that would let them know the time of death hence upon coming upon that scene at that time it wouldn't be far fetched to assume it was a very fresh crime scene and Chris Jr could have gotten a ride to school. Wouldn't any reasonable person be holding onto small hopes like that until they had to face the truth? Heck if it were me I'd be hoping maybe someone was kidnapped because in that moment anything would be better than the truth.

So is it me or did someone majorly jump the gun in letting Chelsea know? Who made that call and why at 8:14 that morning were they confident enough to call Chelsea and tell her that not only were Frankie and Hannah dead but so were Dana,Chris Jr and Hannah Mae?
Good point. It's quite interesting to know who made that call.

Most phone are network synchronized, display and record true time much more precisely than watches.

"All the Rhoden she loved":
- it could mean all 8
- it could mean 2 homes, not yet 4
- it could be the interpretation of journalist.

Btw. How did CRjr get home if he had left his car at his dad's place?

I would think somebody gave him a ride, unless he rode a bicycle.

Good point. It's quite interesting to know who made that call.

Most phone are network synchronized, display and record true time much more precisely than watches.

"All the Rhoden she loved":
- it could mean all 8
- it could mean 2 homes, not yet 4
- it could be the interpretation of journalist.

Btw. How did CRjr get home if he had left his car at his dad's place?

I thought about that car too. What I see as a possibility, he had that incident with RM in that car. The family certainly had a ton of cars to go around, so it's possible he was already driving something else. The picture of the house shows 3 cars in the driveway. I just assumed they belonged to each family member.

It's also possible that due to all their cars being home, the infant crying with no one consoling it, no scrambling around, he saw Danas legs, he knew right away they were part of it. Still though, I tend to think I'd grabbed that infant. There is no telling how long that baby had been crying, last fed, diaper changed.

But, on the other hand, I'd probably also had the fear that the perps were still in the house! My heart would've been beating out of my throat!

I asked earlier about any guess on the earliest time JM would have known everyone was dead but there were no guesses. Here is why I asked (apologies if it was already asked)

From the interview with Frankie's ex:

She doesn’t have to look at her phone to recall that it was 8:14 a.m. on April 22 when she got the news. Her tall-for-his-age and tow-headed son Brentley, who turns 4 in September, was all right, the caller said, but his dad and all the other Rhodens she loved?

“They told me they’d all been murdered,” said Chelsea, 21. “I didn’t know what to believe. I just had to get there to see for myself.”

Who called Chelsea? The time of death (which is actually the time of discovery for Dana,Hanna May, and Chris by LE)Jr is 8:17. If someone called her at 8:14 and specifically told her everyone was dead how did they already know?

Now there could be an assumption on the part of James Manley that after finding what he did that something was terribly wrong.But I sincerely doubt that even with the strongest hunch you are not going to start spreading the news that an entire household has been murdered until you are sure.

So even if he called BJ to tell her what he found he isn't going to risk her letting Mr.Manley know that they are all dead if there is a 1% chance they aren't. For all they knew someone could be seriously injured or not even in the house. For instance there would have been a chance that Chris Jr. wasn't there since his car wasn't at Dana's it was at his father's.They knew nothing at the time that would let them know the time of death hence upon coming upon that scene at that time it wouldn't be far fetched to assume it was a very fresh crime scene and Chris Jr could have gotten a ride to school. Wouldn't any reasonable person be holding onto small hopes like that until they had to face the truth? Heck if it were me I'd be hoping maybe someone was kidnapped because in that moment anything would be better than the truth.

So is it me or did someone majorly jump the gun in letting Chelsea know? Who made that call and why at 8:14 that morning were they confident enough to call Chelsea and tell her that not only were Frankie and Hannah dead but so were Dana,Chris Jr and Hannah Mae?

BBM
It could be a false memory. She could be tying the phone call, to the news of all of their deaths, even though she didn't know about them all. Her mind was probably focused on one thing, that little boy, she'll probably never forget the time of that call though. Her life was probably a blur, beginning 8:14 on that day, and for weeks afterward.

There's an article dated two days ago about Kenton co Ken murders in comparison with this case. Doesn't say a whole lot.
m.daytondailynews.com

Both of these articles are nearly identical. Did the press think we wouldn't notice?
I had enough trouble trying to locate the one you mentioned so I just took the most recent. Its hard to do anything from a phone. I miss my laptop.

Why is it that the Kenton Co, KY prosecutor and sheriff have to be the ones who keep bringing up this link to the Pike Co, OH killers? Why are LE in Ohio refusing to consider this? Why are they refusing to collaborate with Kenton Co, KY to share information, investigate together. It seems highly likely Kenton Co. officials are working with FBI and other experts to solve their killing.

Why are Ohio investigators stonewalling them? If DeWine, Reader, et al think there's no link, all they have to do is call Kenton County, ask a few questions and state why they think there's no link. It's obvious they haven't done that. Ohio investigators haven't asked them for any information about the KY executions there, nor have they shared information about the Rhoden killings to see if there are similarities in these two cases: maybe a fingerprint, ballistics or DNA match. Instead they've offered nothing but silence.

Seeing this appeal come from the Kenton Co prosecutor again, months after they offered to collaborate, is raising a huge red flag for me. My hinky meter is on 11. IMO, DeWine, BCI, Reader, et al are not vigorously pursuing the perps in the Rhoden killing if they refuse to look into the KY executions.

ETA: I just put a link to this article in the Media & Timeline thread. There's already a link there to the article of the first request from the Kenton County prosecutor. I'm in and out here lately, and if anyone could add links to similar articles, esp about the Kenton County executions, it would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Why is it that the Kenton Co, KY prosecutor and sheriff have to be the ones who keep bringing up this link to the Pike Co, OH killers? Why are LE in Ohio refusing to consider this? Why are they refusing to collaborate with Kenton Co, KY to share information, investigate together. It seems highly likely Kenton Co. officials are working with FBI and other experts to solve their killing.

Why are Ohio investigators stonewalling them? If DeWine, Reader, et al think there's no link, all they have to do is call Kenton County, ask a few questions and state why they think there's no link. It's obvious they haven't done that. Ohio investigators haven't asked them for any information about the KY executions there, nor have they shared information about the Rhoden killings to see if there are similarities in these two cases: maybe a fingerprint, ballistics or DNA match. Instead they've offered nothing but silence.

Seeing this appeal come from the Kenton Co prosecutor again, months after they offered to collaborate, is raising a huge red flag for me. My hinky meter is on 11. IMO, DeWine, BCI, Reader, et al are not vigorously pursuing the perps in the Rhoden killing if they refuse to look into the KY executions.
My impression is they just don't want to say. If they are connected I'm sure they are investigating that possibility or they already know but they are remaining tight lipped while letting the other county speculate and drop hints. They are sticking to their original promise and there has to be reason.

My impression is they just don't want to say. If they are connected I'm sure they are investigating that possibility or they already know but they are remaining tight lipped while letting the other county speculate and drop hints. They are sticking to their original promise and there has to be reason.

But Ohio officials don't know whether or not they're connected because they haven't compared notes or evidence with the Kenton County murders. Its routine for investigators to rule out connections to other crimes in these situations. It would have been easy to contact LE in Ky, talk to them about the case and say "ok, we checked it out, there's no connection". That's SOP.

Instead, Ohio officials have refused to even return the call to KY officials. If they had, there wouldn't be a newspaper article.

There's really no excuse. Very odd.

ETA: Maybe it's time to ask DOJ and DEA to look into the Pike County murders.

But Ohio officials don't know whether or not they're connected because they haven't compared notes or evidence with the Kenton County murders. Its routine for investigators to rule out connections to other crimes in these situations. It would have been easy to contact LE in Ky, talk to them about the case and say "ok, we checked it out, there's no connection". That's SOP.

Instead, Ohio officials have refused to even return the call to KY officials. If they had, there wouldn't be a newspaper article.

There's really no excuse. Very odd.

ETA: Maybe it's time to ask DOJ and DEA to look into the Pike County murders.
I could list a bunch of different suggestions but they would only be guesses. Who knows if what they say they are doing is actually what they are doing. The point is all we have are guesses and probably the same for the killers. My guess it's tactical and strategic moves they are making concerning any release of information. Even could be a coordinated move with other county's LE on what they let trickle out into the community.

Is there a link to the second interview with Commonwealth Attorney Bob Sanders? All I can find is the interview from May. TIA.

ETA: I am wondering if there is a second interview.

ETA: I just put a link to this article in the Media & Timeline thread. There's already a link there to the article of the first request from the Kenton County prosecutor. I'm in and out here lately, and if anyone could add links to similar articles, esp about the Kenton County executions, it would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Are you sure DeWine and Reader are stonewalling?

The reason could be very simple for them not to pursue: they know who did it, they are strenghtening their case before an arrest.

This article is talking about similarities. Which similarities? The fact they were growing? Children spared? Anything else?

IMO, this case is not about pot.

The reason could be very simple for them not to pursue: they know who did it, they are strenghtening their case before an arrest.

This article is talking about similarities. Which similarities? The fact they were growing? Children spared? Anything else?

I'm not sure it isn't a rehash of an earlier article and interview. I compared the article from May to the new one and didn't find anything new. Maybe I missed it.

Considering that:

- "perps were familiar with the victims' homes and routines" and
- on the sole basis of probabilities from historic cases we are looking, imo, more at 18-25 in age rather than 30+ with at least one male.

I would, broadly speaking, look at lovers, friends or cousins of HR, FR, HHG, CR2. At least one would have to be close to KR as well. This narrows down the list.

I could list a bunch of different suggestions but they would only be guesses. Who knows if what they say they are doing is actually what they are doing. The point is all we have are guesses and probably the same for the killers. My guess it's tactical and strategic moves they are making concerning any release of information. Even could be a coordinated move with other county's LE on what they let trickle out into the community.
Someday's it's really hard to deal with all the secresy, and now we have one more thing to consider. Am still wondering if there has been any comparison to the Newsome case between LE?

I don't see where anyone said that the two departments haven't collaborated. In the beginning, Kentucky's Commonwealth Attorney said there were similarities. Dewine states here, “I am sure our investigators have looked at that case,” Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine told WSYX. “I have not looked at it and I am not going to comment further on it.”

Here's another article. I can't find anything current either. This was updated on Friday, May 13th 2016, 8:32 am EDT.
Eapmon was a known narcotics dealer who had spent time in prison.

http://www.fox19.com/story/31962314...ween-pike-co-massacre-and-nky-double-homicide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob