OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to watch Fox19 news tonight at 10pm. They have some info in the Pike County Murders. Something about the place where the trailers are being stored. Hadsell Chemical Processing Plant. I can't post a link because it's on Facebook. But from the little I have seen they are really getting on Sheriff Reader and he is mad!!!

very interesting. can someone gives us a recap after. i dont have cable or satelitee i have PS vue channels so not sure i can watch this story. hope we learn something new

Well, the AG has gone on record about the mj grow ops. Multiple times, in fact. Do you think he's lying?

Not saying he is lying, just saying they have never proven anything they claim...

Not saying he is lying, just saying they have never proven anything they claim...
Well, he's either telling the truth or he's lying. I can think of some severe consequences he would suffer, if it turns out he's lying (and not once but repeatedly on the record), not least of which would be the loss of credibility, the loss of the respect of colleagues, exposure to public shame, risk to his political aspirations, etc. What could he possibly gain?

Well, he's either telling the truth or he's lying. I can think of some severe consequences he would suffer, if it turns out he's lying (and not once but repeatedly on the record), not least of which would be the loss of credibility, the loss of the respect of colleagues, exposure to public shame, risk to his political aspirations, etc. What could he possibly gain?

Why have they not shown anything to back up their claims? That does not help credibility, either....

Well, the AG has gone on record about the mj grow ops. Multiple times, in fact. Do you think he's lying?

No, I actually like DeWine. I do think there was probably some marijuana plants.... but in my mind I can see smaller tomato plants getting confused with the pot in the mix you know? But yeah I do think there was pot there. Small plants though, I doubt the time of year they were big, but heck I have never grown it I have no clue how big it gets or much else really. I would love to see some arrests, so we can take this to the next level. I am not a spring chicken and would love to see the outcome.
:rolling:

I do want to add, this TV station (IMO), some there may be upset because Reader would not give them a "face to face" interview. AND I think that perhaps the station is trying to throw some doubt out there on the trailers being secure, to make news later more so than now. To them I say, if this is the case SHAME on them. WE live close...and we want closure. We want it done right and certainly don't need nosy bodies snooping about to boost their ratings at the risk of messing up a conviction. Reader and DeWine really need to get a GOOD interview with some info out there.. we are tired of waiting.

In my mind about the pot discrepencies, the pot could have already been harvested and being stored in out buildings. Also, theres woods behind some of the homes that helicopters wouldn't capture what is below. The day the pot came out, there weren't helicopters flying over, that I remember. A twitter reporter was tweeting about swat going down towards the homes but he only followed them so far and stopped. Next thing you know, it was in MSM before DeWine came back out at the news presser and made his statements. It also could be a large batch of clones in their buildings, stacked for a bigger operation elsewhere. Some clones can cost up to $35 or so. Maybe more? Just reading around for facts.

I'd like to know too.

IMO, I see some big law suits in Pike County Ohio future. The family must be outraged at how this case is being handled! I know I am, and I'm not family. 12,000.00 something to tow the trailer's, 15,000.00 to store them. Two public company's in the same building. No LE there in the 70 hours channel 19 was watching this place. Unlocked gates were the cars are being kept. Reader says if he hadn't moved them they would have been burned down. That is true. But supposed investigating this crime for the last five months hasn't cost Pike Co even more money? When they talked to Dewine, (I thought I noticed a smirk on his face). He assures us everything they need for evidence in this case is secure. What the hell is going on here? Come on, this is crazy. 8 people are dead and this is looking more like a circus than anything I've ever seen. Stop with the bulls..t! If this were my family and this crap was going on, I would shout from the rooftops for justice. I'd be screaming at the media, every single station I could get a hold of. I'd be pickicting in front of the court house in Columbus. What is going on here! JMO

Just watched the interview ,seriously turn this case over to LE outside of Pike Cty. Let those who know how to and who can do their job take over .

I've read articles on him that makes me consider that it would not be out of the realm of possibility for him to bend the truth.

I honestly don't see how the storage of the trailers is an issue (except for the families who need to get the property back in order to do what they need to do and to get anything as far as mementos back). Those trailers had every opening boarded up, so unless there is proof that someone has breached the boarded up doors and windows, I think these guys are just stirring up stink.

However, if all of the evidence that they need, is at another secure location, if I read that correctly, what in the world did they need the trailers for then? That's what videos of crime scenes are for. What in the world would they have done if they had been homes, on foundations?! Those burn too.

No better way to understand the families lives & find DNA than to move everything. 8 people from one family make for some harsh decisions & many can see, can go 8 x the theories x all the other possibilies.

Why have they not shown anything to back up their claims? That does not help credibility, either....

Umm, because they're in the middle of a mass murder investigation? I doubt the members of other agencies and departments, presumably being aware of all the evidence, would let the AG tell a bald-faced lie. It would implicate them in the lie, since they would be held accountable for letting it go unchallenged. Again, what would be his motive to lie? He has everything to lose and nothing to gain. Besides, the AG is not doing all the investigating in a vacuum. He's relying on experienced investigators to share with him what they've discovered. Or are those investigators also part of the charade? Seriously, where does it end? Isn't it much easier to accept that they're all telling the truth about the mj?

IMO, I see some big law suits in Pike County Ohio future. The family must be outraged at how this case is being handled! I know I am, and I'm not family. 12,000.00 something to tow the trailer's, 15,000.00 to store them. Two public company's in the same building. No LE there in the 70 hours channel 19 was watching this place. Unlocked gates were the cars are being kept. Reader says if he hadn't moved them they would have been burned down. That is true. But supposed investigating this crime for the last five months hasn't cost Pike Co even more money? When they talked to Dewine, (I thought I noticed a smirk on his face). He assures us everything they need for evidence in this case is secure. What the hell is going on here? Come on, this is crazy. 8 people are dead and this is looking more like a circus than anything I've ever seen. Stop with the bulls..t! If this were my family and this crap was going on, I would shout from the rooftops for justice. I'd be screaming at the media, every single station I could get a hold of. I'd be pickicting in front of the court house in Columbus. What is going on here! JMO
I thought I heard him say there were two guards and cameras? Just trying to get this straight in my mind.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

"Sealing the trailers has created unforeseen complications in an already complicated case. No one can enter the homes without a court order or search warrant, including law enforcement."

To me,"including law enforcement" speaks volumes. I don't recall another case where such extreme measures were taken to protect a crime scene(s).

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/09/21/another-courtroom-battle-rhoden/90818034/

MOO

No better way to understand the families lives & find DNA than to move everything. 8 people from one family make for some harsh decisions & many can see, can go 8 x the theories x all the other possibilies.

There's been mass murders though where they can't move the crime scenes. The trailers are boarded up. How many people do they want tracking in and out of a crime scene, anyway? I'm just saying, that I don't really think they thought that move through very well. At this point, those trailers are probably not salvageable for living in and who would really want to live in one of them? It also sounds as if the trailers could be burned up right where they sit since there's no guards. Everyone and their cousin knows that now.

I honestly don't see how the storage of the trailers is an issue (except for the families who need to get the property back in order to do what they need to do and to get anything as far as mementos back). Those trailers had every opening boarded up, so unless there is proof that someone has breached the boarded up doors and windows, I think these guys are just stirring up stink.

However, if all of the evidence that they need, is at another secure location, if I read that correctly, what in the world did they need the trailers for then? That's what videos of crime scenes are for. What in the world would they have done if they had been homes, on foundations?! Those burn too.

I thnk the reporters are suspicious of several things in this case, and are showing us what they can prove. They are trying to make this about chain of custody, but the only valid question is why the trailers are not being released back to the family if they're no longer needed. I think it's fair to assume DeWine is correct when he says they've secured the evidence they need, and I think Reader is just trying to stay in control. They are just keeping the trailers because they can, imo.

Doesn't any of the Rhodens have lawyers? If not, is it a financial issue? You'd think someone would do this pro bono, just for the media coverage. Or maybe the risk of working for what could be a murderer is keeping them away?

Regarding the fact that we haven't seen any evidence, I also find it a bit strange. But looking at this case, they quickly decided to keep the lid screwed on tight, and my guess is they moved everything after dark. (We would've heard if they declared a "no fly zone" at any point, right?) Showing pics of drug busts is probably more common when the bust is not a consequence of 8 murders.

They went from saying plants were found at three crime scenes to two, I'm guessing CR1 and FR "shared" a grow op?

I've read articles on him that makes me consider that it would not be out of the realm of possibility for him to bend the truth.

I have never cared for DeWine. He is a politician first, public servant second...

When I first heard there were surveillance cameras running round the clock and a guard posted round the clock, I thought that was a little much. We were told the homes were in a secure lockup. Now we learn there are two businesses sharing the same building, with only a door separating the evidence from the people who are in that building on a daily basis, that's just stupid! Do we know if there are really security cameras there?
Then the issues of the cars towed away. Anybody could go in there and be removing parts at anytime day or night, and who's going to report it? I probably wouldn't. I feel like if the SD is concerned, they would be out there on a daily basis checking locks and security cameras. Since they are NOT, obviously they don't care if somebody is out there stealing parts or not.

I thnk the reporters are suspicious of several things in this case, and are showing us what they can prove. They are trying to make this about chain of custody, but the only valid question is why the trailers are not being released back to the family if they're no longer needed. I think it's fair to assume DeWine is correct when he says they've secured the evidence they need, and I think Reader is just trying to stay in control. They are just keeping the trailers because they can, imo.

Doesn't any of the Rhodens have lawyers? If not, is it a financial issue? You'd think someone would do this pro bono, just for the media coverage. Or maybe the risk of working for what could be a murderer is keeping them away?

Regarding the fact that we haven't seen any evidence, I also find it a bit strange. But looking at this case, they quickly decided to keep the lid screwed on tight, and my guess is they moved everything after dark. (We would've heard if they declared a "no fly zone" at any point, right?) Showing pics of drug busts is probably more common when the bust is not a consequence of 8 murders.

They went from saying plants were found at three crime scenes to two, I'm guessing CR1 and FR "shared" a grow op?

But, DS and KR's daughter both admit that KR grew and there was a tray at his home. Maybe CR1 had a few plants at his place? I think they moved those trailers w/o thinking it all the way through and now that they have them they have to defend the fact that they have them b/c it's going to cost another 12 grand or more to put them back where they were, and re-attach everything. With their limited LE force, they should ask for help. I don't see how such a financially distressed county can take on that kind of long term investigation.

I'd say the Rhoden aren't flush w/money to afford lawyers, long term, and I agree w/you re; someone doing this pro-bono. You may be right about moving the plants too. This whole thing just gets weirder by the day though.

I woke up in the middle of the night and couldnt sleep. I started typing a theory and before I was able to post it my phone died! Im going to try to retype it lol - Here is goes.... What if they took the trailers to lure the killer to that location? What if the killers were looking for something specific that night? They started at one house tried to find it and threaten the others at gunpoint to disclose the location of the specific thing. They went from house to house searching for it. Did they find what they were looking for? Maybe not - if they were willing to kill 8 people over this then what would prevent them from coming back to try and get it later if it wasnt found? Maybe far fetched and maybe I was just half asleep but it made perfect sense to me at 3:00 this morning. Just had to try and get this out of my head lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay