OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This Topix is doing a terrible, horrible, very bad, no good job of solving this crime. Period.

The system that one of my kin has doesn't have anything to show that he even has a security system. He punches in a code when he leaves and if someone breaks in, a silent alarm is sent to the company and 911 is notified. After reading the article, it seems that if they were that afraid that the trailers would be burned down, why have they been left unguarded at the lot where they are at? Anyone could burn all four of them down much easier, with them sitting side by side, in that lot. Unguarded. Even if they stuck a guard out there, these are folks who murdered eight people, in their homes, as they slept, do you think, if the murderers think, that's there's damning evidence in those trailers, that they'd not murder a guard, and burn down those trailers in that lot? I feel like they'd have zero problem with it all. That storage site is located in a fairly un-populated area and they could come in the back way and be gone before the fire trucks arrived.

You have a good point. If they're smart though, both LE and the perps, if perps even attempted they'd be caught on video surveillance. I'm guessing it's probably being monitored and recorded at an off site location just like home surveillance.

I've also wondered if the Rhoden homes were under surveillance by the perps. If they'd somehow been in the residences and placed their own equipment up to watch them around the clock. Hearing conversations and seeing what their doing.

You have a legitimate idea here...but personally, I can't imagine anything the Rhodens had that was worth millions somebody over. Unless the killers were lead to believe that there were 10's of thousands of dollars hidden in one of the homes. Didn't find anything in one home, move on to the next. Rumors about hidden money would certainly motivate somebody to rob the place, but that could have been done when nobody was home, and it isn't likely family members could be a 100% sure that "Lee" is the ONLY person who could have robbed us. No different than being robbed in town as in the country. Unemployment as high as it is there, each family member could have named two or more people who"might" have broken in and robbed them.

IF the motive was robbery, it doesn't necessarily need to be money. What else could they have hidden that someone might want? Pictures? Notes? Videos? Makes me wonder.

In my heart of hearts, I don't believe it was robbery. But there are a LOT of items/situations that could motivate a person/persons to kill over.

IF the motive was robbery, it doesn't necessarily need to be money. What else could they have hidden that someone might want? Pictures? Notes? Videos? Makes me wonder.

In my heart of hearts, I don't believe it was robbery. But there are a LOT of items/situations that could motivate a person/persons to kill over.

Talking to law enforcement, revealing ongoing criminal activity some of which might possibly involve LE?

This is another avenue to consider, but in doing so, I have to compare my family with the Rhodens.
My husband is a truck driver, and I am an LPN, so I'm certain we make more money than they did. But, I cannot imagine that we have any material possessions that anybody would be jealous enough over that they would kill for. And, certainly no big stack of cash hidden anywhere!
I have thought about it being pretty much common knowledge that Chris and Dana were working on a reconciliation. If somebody was in love with Chris, and felt they had to remove Dana from the picture, they would most likely want to catch her alone, and preferably away from home. And why take out seven more family members, including the person you love?
Wouldn't make any sense for anybody to kill over Kenny or Gary, since they were both single. And again, kill the person you love?
If somebody in the Rhoden family had incriminating evidence that might land somebody behind bars for eternity, why not wait til everybody is away, and ransack the house, get the info, take a few other things to make it look like a bonified robbery, and be done with it?
Cartel, pot, cars, dragsters, money, all these things we have discussed and analyzed seven ways from Sunday just don't seem to fit the overall puzzle. So, we're all left just that-puzzled...

You have a good point. If they're smart though, both LE and the perps, if perps even attempted they'd be caught on video surveillance. I'm guessing it's probably being monitored and recorded at an off site location just like home surveillance.

I've also wondered if the Rhoden homes were under surveillance by the perps. If they'd somehow been in the residences and placed their own equipment up to watch them around the clock. Hearing conversations and seeing what their doing.

BBM
Black ski mask and black clothing. Problem solved.

Has anyone read the updated article from Channel 19 today? Major Secrutiy Changes mark end of Fox 19 Now Pike County Investigation. There are some interesting tid bits in it. Like " Reeder says he will be giving some of the evidence back to the Rhoden families within the next six weeks. ( The Rhoden families, not the Manleys). Please read the article and tell me what you think.

Has anyone read the updated article from Channel 19 today? Major Secrutiy Changes mark end of Fox 19 Now Pike County Investigation. There are some interesting tid bits in it. Like " Reeder says he will be giving some of the evidence back to the Rhoden families within the next six weeks. ( The Rhoden families, not the Manleys). Please read the article and tell me what you think.

Link please?

I was checking out inmates at Pike county jail, there are few interesting ones . 1 stood out,CH, he was there a couple of weeks ago, and now again. One of his charges is possession of ginseng, I really don't know a lot about ginseng,so looked up some info about it. Ohio is high on the list of harvesting and selling ginseng, some is wild harvested and some is grown as crops. Next thought, what if the plants found at the Rhoden's was ginseng and not mj. Maybe they were going to start planting their own as CRsr had numerous parcels of land.

There is a lot of poaching of ginseng, so maybe the R's had gotten into a altercation with some poachers, or made a deal with one that when ginseng was sold they would get a % for permission to pick from their land. Or maybe just maybe the R's had poached on someone land. 1 article I read said in 2012 J kulter shot and killed BJ Grubbs for poaching on his property, shows they take it very serious. IMO just to put another slant on his horrible crime.http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/oct/3/ohioans-make-extra-cash-selling-homegrown-ginseng/

Wow! After nearly five months since the homes were moved, NOW they have signs, padlocks, stakes, and somebody checking on things? Good for them. The Keystone Cop's got caught fibbing to everybody! Somehow, I'm not surprised. As far as "giving things back", remains to be seen.

Article about JJ. Trial set for Nov 28. Alternate 1/9/17, with chgd dealing with RR. Pre-trial for chgs dealing with JB to be those days also. Two federal chgs for violating civil rights of both deceased men filed by family atty's against JJ. Sounds like he's up to his eyeballs in muddy water!

Wow! After nearly five months since the homes were moved, NOW they have signs, padlocks, stakes, and somebody checking on things? Good for them. The Keystone Cop's got caught fibbing to everybody! Somehow, I'm not surprised. As far as "giving things back", remains to be seen.

Read it again glf, Reeder said that "He don't want the public knowing that something is still inside the trailer where Christopher and Gary were murdered. And that they (channel 19) had obtained invocies fro the $60,000.00 the county spent with a contractor to "preserve evidence" in the case. Manley wants his daughter's purse back so he can provide his attorney her bank account records for probate. He provided the nessessary papers to the sheriff's office five weeks ago and has heard nothing about it since. http://statenews.org/update-piketon-murders Dewine says the state has the physical evidence it needs to prosecute the case and says it is being kept safe for future legal proceedings. Sorry everytime I think I have the link it doesn't work for me.

I don't know what is going on with the Manley's but IMO they are the family that they don't want the children around. They didn't mention returning any property in those trailer's back to them. And they are not responding to requests from them according to Leonard Manley. So what's going on there

Yeah, I wasn't referring to the whatever inside that house.I was referring to the complete lack of security, and now that Charlie's been called out about it he posts signs, new padlocks and stakes.
That all being done five months after moving homes into storage. That should have been a top priority, instead of a no priority thing.
As far back as what Reader didn't want anybody to see in Chris's house...probably mail on the table or something like that.

I'm thinking something in the walls, something written on the walls? Could be Reeder wants someone to think there's something in it and try to break in and get caught?

It occurred to me it could be a setup by Reader and the reporter. At least I can hope so.

ETA: I can't imagine what it would be that the investigators left it. I've seen doors and sections of walls removed before for evidence.

I don't know what is going on with the Manley's but IMO they are the family that they don't want the children around. They didn't mention returning any property in those trailer's back to them. And they are not responding to requests from them according to Leonard Manley. So what's going on there
I think they didn't specifically say Manley family, but I believe they would be included in that, since Dana is also a Rhoden by marriage. I doubt them not mentioning the Manley's by name doesn't mean squat.
Ans as far as the two babies are concerned, I think Charlie's just blowing smoke about them being in danger. I'm not sure exactly why I feel that way, but that's the opinion I get over that deal.

It occurred to me it could be a setup by Reader and the reporter. At least I can hope so.

ETA: I can't imagine what it would be that the investigators left it. I've seen doors and sections of walls removed before for evidence.

Did you see the part about them spending 60.000 on preserving evidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
liiinebecc