OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all insane!

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
The last time I had a MH moved, 14 x80, 55 miles, it cost me $800.00. That also included insurance and breakdown/setup!

P.S. there shouldn't have even been a chg to move Kenny's place! Charlie could have pulled it with his PU the county so generously bought him to drive!
And that's another thing the county bought that I think is stupid! They could have bought him a four wheel drive Trailblazer, which would probably be more useful, and they could have saved $15,000.00, instead of throwing money away on an over-priced Dodge! OK, I'll shut up now!

It occurred to me it could be a setup by Reader and the reporter. At least I can hope so.

ETA: I can't imagine what it would be that the investigators left it. I've seen doors and sections of walls removed before for evidence.
The reporter made him look like an incompetent, lying idiot. I don't think they are working together on a setup of any kind. There is zero love between Reader and any news outlets that I've seen.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I was checking out inmates at Pike county jail, there are few interesting ones . 1 stood out,CH, he was there a couple of weeks ago, and now again. One of his charges is possession of ginseng, I really don't know a lot about ginseng,so looked up some info about it. Ohio is high on the list of harvesting and selling ginseng, some is wild harvested and some is grown as crops. Next thought, what if the plants found at the Rhoden's was ginseng and not mj. Maybe they were going to start planting their own as CRsr had numerous parcels of land.

There is a lot of poaching of ginseng, so maybe the R's had gotten into a altercation with some poachers, or made a deal with one that when ginseng was sold they would get a % for permission to pick from their land. Or maybe just maybe the R's had poached on someone land. 1 article I read said in 2012 J kulter shot and killed BJ Grubbs for poaching on his property, shows they take it very serious. IMO just to put another slant on his horrible crime.http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/oct/3/ohioans-make-extra-cash-selling-homegrown-ginseng/

Wild ginseng is big money. Last year it was $500-$700 per pound. It has been as high as $1200 per pound...

The reporter made him look like an incompetent, lying idiot. I don't think they are working together on a setup of any kind. There is zero love between Reader and any news outlets that I've seen.

Yep. There is that. If it was a setup they "played" it well.

Wild ginseng is big money. Last year it was $500-$700 per pound. It has been as high as $1200 per pound...
Wish there was some growing wild around here! How much per pound can you get for tumbleweeds?! I sure do miss Eastern Kansas!

I also post on another case in Kansas. We were discussing CPS a week or so ago. For anybody interested, punch in Salina Post and read about the state and foster care program settlement. I was shocked when I saw that!

My personal opinion of this particular article is media trying to stir up drama! They went straight to LM after the interview with Reader, to reveal their findings. Media has a job to do and I'm not looking down on it, because it's a job. But, there's this saying I've learned, "Those who stir the sh$t pot should have to lick the spoon!" I do not watch the news for that very reason. I can't stand negativity.

Derogatory articles are not going to get justice for these people, the men and women working this case will. Maybe moving the homes wasn't the best thing to do but it seemed like it at the time to the sheriff. I hope this case has a happy ending so that community can heal as a whole.

A mass murder that is a cold case. I still think this was a drug related hit.

My personal opinion of this particular article is media trying to stir up drama!

That's reminiscent of what Reader said last month

*“The outside media are misleading and have no respect for the victims and the family.”

I personally think Reader is scared of outside eyes looking at this situation and not falling for the "we've got everything under control" line that Pike County LE is feeding the public.

My personal opinion of this particular article is media trying to stir up drama! They went straight to LM after the interview with Reader, to reveal their findings. Media has a job to do and I'm not looking down on it, because it's a job. But, there's this saying I've learned, "Those who stir the sh$t pot should have to lick the spoon!" I do not watch the news for that very reason. I can't stand negativity.

Derogatory articles are not going to get justice for these people, the men and women working this case will. Maybe moving the homes wasn't the best thing to do but it seemed like it at the time to the sheriff. I hope this case has a happy ending so that community can heal as a whole.

I noticed Reader made sure it was known something was still in CR1's mobile home. I'm sure that was to get a reaction from someone...

Some rather random thoughts:

1] I have no doubt this was in some way shape or form "drug related". I don't mean the penny ante 200 pot plants.

2] The towing the trailers away to "preserve evidence" is pure BS.

3] With today's 3D imaging, photos,etc. no need to do that.

4] HOWEVER, if there was evidence inside one of those structures that would incriminate a LE officer or higher up then what better excuse do they need to take the trailer to a secure location where they can remove that evidence? Once it has been removed they can't just say "okay, our bad" and release the structures. They have to maintain the ruse and keep them for a reasonable amount of time. Eventually they'll release them, although I guarantee you they won't foot the bill to put them back in place.

5] Am I the only one to find it odd that the DA, County Prosecutor, States Att'y or whatever they call them in Ohio would let JJ "borrow" a hand gun with which he used to shoot to death his next door neighbor? That's AFTER said JJ was under investigation for shooting a person at a traffic stop.

6] Don't be surprised if at sometime in the future the sheriff of Pike county finds himself up to his neck in legal trouble along with some of his fellow LE, both above and below him.

7] AG Dewine only cares if this is solved in such a way that doesn't reflect badly on his political ambitions. Remember, politicians [ALL of them] care only about being elected.

8] This was a professional execution, not some "love gone wrong", paternity thing, revenge, envy, demo derby, "my cousin's is your grandmother's brother's uncle" and you did him wrong thing.

9] That being said, it took a lot of planning and recon of the crime scenes. Accomplished, I believe, with family help. Probably KR. I think he was shot last. Odd, don't you think, he was the only one shot once? Almost as if, "sorry buddy but we leave no witnesses". A "turkey hunter behind his camper said said he heard a shot. Sunrise on 4/22/16 in Waverly was at 6:45AM. Turkeys awaken early but not before "false dawn'. No reason for the hunter to be in the woods before 4:45AM. That is why I believe KR was the last one killed.

That's reminiscent of what Reader said last month

*“The outside media are misleading and have no respect for the victims and the family.”

I personally think Reader is scared of outside eyes looking at this situation and not falling for the "we've got everything under control" line that Pike County LE is feeding the public.

It would be a natural instinct though don't you think? You've got 8 people murdered in 4 locations! I don't care how seasoned you are in Readers line of work, you are never prepared for a situation such as this. How can every detail be under control? And, outside eyes have dealt first hand with the evidence.

Some rather random thoughts:

1] I have no doubt this was in some way shape or form "drug related". I don't mean the penny ante 200 pot plants.

2] The towing the trailers away to "preserve evidence" is pure BS.

3] With today's 3D imaging, photos,etc. no need to do that.

4] HOWEVER, if there was evidence inside one of those structures that would incriminate a LE officer or higher up then what better excuse do they need to take the trailer to a secure location where they can remove that evidence? Once it has been removed they can't just say "okay, our bad" and release the structures. They have to maintain the ruse and keep them for a reasonable amount of time. Eventually they'll release them, although I guarantee you they won't foot the bill to put them back in place.

5] Am I the only one to find it odd that the DA, County Prosecutor, States Att'y or whatever they call them in Ohio would let JJ "borrow" a hand gun with which he used to shoot to death his next door neighbor? That's AFTER said JJ was under investigation for shooting a person at a traffic stop.

6] Don't be surprised if at sometime in the future the sheriff of Pike county finds himself up to his neck in legal trouble along with some of his fellow LE, both above and below him.

7] AG Dewine only cares if this is solved in such a way that doesn't reflect badly on his political ambitions. Remember, politicians [ALL of them] care only about being elected.

8] This was a professional execution, not some "love gone wrong", paternity thing, revenge, envy, demo derby, "my cousin's is your grandmother's brother's uncle" and you did him wrong thing.

9] That being said, it took a lot of planning and recon of the crime scenes. Accomplished, I believe, with family help. Probably KR. I think he was shot last. Odd, don't you think, he was the only one shot once? Almost as if, "sorry buddy but we leave no witnesses". A "turkey hunter behind his camper said said he heard a shot. Sunrise on 4/22/16 in Waverly was at 6:45AM. Turkeys awaken early but not before "false dawn'. No reason for the hunter to be in the woods before 4:45AM. That is why I believe KR was the last one killed.

Re: 9], A hunter hearing a shot(s) has not been substantiated. It was second had info given msm by someone other than that hunter...

It was said a couple weeks ago that some who had been questioned had not been totally forthcoming. That it would be in those persons best interest to come in and talk, and that would be much easier on them than if LE had to come back to them.
I am sure they are done processing the evidence they removed from said homes. Reader is a Sheriff in a very poor county trying to deal with a HUGE mass murder case. Thank heavens BCI was involved as well as Dewine or this case would be cold as ice IMO.
It is my opinion its time for the powers that be to get off the pot and DO what needs done NOW and name a POI. And for heavens sake take it to Ross County or somewhere with BCI prosecutors. Pike County's prosecutors does not begin to have the ability to prosecute this case, and that folks is my opinion. This crime was BIG, scared the pants off everyone, still does. And if after all this BS, if we don't get arrests... oh my. I thought they were timing this to happen before elections, Reader up this year. Election is close and media is not going to let him look pretty at all. What a mess!

A company was hired to "preserve evidence". What could be in the trailer that requires a company to preserve evidence? Is it something that can't be removed or easily removed? Is it something that needs to be preserved from deterioration, rotting, etc? Why would it remain in the trailer?

A company was hired to "preserve evidence". What could be in the trailer that requires a company to preserve evidence? Is it something that can't be removed or easily removed? Is it something that needs to be preserved from deterioration, rotting, etc? Why would it remain in the trailer?

I wondered that myself. Why it wasn't just removed.

From the article: "[FONT=&amp]Reader never did. So, we got the invoices from the county. In them, it showed something in one of the homes that Reader—while on the record—told us, “I don’t need the public knowing that s—t.” That something is still inside the trailer where Christopher and Gary Rhoden were murdered."[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

This reporter is practically begging the crime sleuthing part of internet to go wild with speculations. I hate it when reporters have gag orders but still drop hints. I also love it. [/FONT]:gaah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez