OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Per the autopsy reports, 4 of the victims tongues were "atraumatic" ('normal'). The other four victims had their tongue info redacted

"5 stars, for Charlie Reader !!"

I'm with you. Since the first news conference I've seen nothing but determination on that man's face. I think he is as genuine as it gets.

I am too. This man is, imo, dedicated Also, I think every pubic comment he makes is calculated to let the killers know he has their number and will be calling soon.

I have a question. Wasn't LM appointed Dana's executor ? Or was he applying for it? If so, why can't he get to her life insurance?

Leonard has been appointed her executor, however, he doesn't know where to begin without bank info, and ins co info, etc. Nobody has been nice enough to explain how he can start the process W/O documents. I would be willing to help him if I didn't live in Tex!

Some posts have been removed. Inviting or discussing private messages or messaging in case discussion threads is against the rules.

For those having weird formatting issues either in private messaging or in case discussion, know you aren't alone. Technical type folks are working to resolve the issue. There is a thread about it here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?319441-Major-Formatting-and-all-CAPS-Problems

the line above the rest. Lke this...
Sometimes what I'm typing jumps up to

I could very well be wrong here, but I think probate goes like this for insurance. Insurance company will send check to whomever is listed as the primary beneficiary. If the primary beneficiary is deceased also, the check goes to the secondary beneficiary. If all beneficiaries are deceased (which could very well be true here), the money would go to the primary beneficiary's estate. If primary beneficiary is deceased, the executor of that estate would disburse money according to Ohio's laws of inheritance. If the deceased has no will to follow, thus no executor, then the probate court would appoint one or oversee the estate itself. I don't really think any insurance company would pay out any money until any possible beneficiary has been cleared by LE.

I could very well be wrong here, but I think probate goes like this for insurance. Insurance company will send check to whomever is listed as the primary beneficiary. If the primary beneficiary is deceased also, the check goes to the secondary beneficiary. If all beneficiaries are deceased (which could very well be true here), the money would go to the primary beneficiary's estate. If primary beneficiary is deceased, the executor of that estate would disburse money according to Ohio's laws of inheritance. If the deceased has no will to follow, thus no executor, then the probate court would appoint one or oversee the estate itself. I don't really think any insurance company would pay out any money until any possible beneficiary has been cleared by LE.

That is assuming she had any life insurance. She wasn't that old. The young doesn't think about insurance and if they do it is usually an accidental policy. She may have had something through work but as she was probably working at a low wage it probably wasn't a lot. CR1 was self employed so I'm going to say he probably didn't have any. KR may have through his job but if he just started maybe not since a lot of companies require you to be employed at least 30 days before you get benefits. The young people? I seriously doubt it, since the young often believe they are immortal.

I carry insurance on my son and grandchildren, so maybe LM or Geneva R did also. I don't think I can see it in LM's case though.

This case is so frustrating! I have strong opinions on many aspects of the case but many I can't share all due to TOS but I want to share what I can and see if anyone agrees or if I'm way off.

First, I wonder how much of what we see with LE, the families and reporters is real and how much is calculated. I will say, LE either has little chance of solving this or they are brilliant. I guess time will tell.

One scenario I keep coming back to involves BBL. The medical company, the vehicles DR was selling on facebook and all of the victims except maybe HR and HG were involved with BBL. It could be nothing but it does raise questions in my mind. What was the purpose of medical company?

The marijuana was made to seem like a bigger deal than it was in the beginning. In fact we so NO evidence of the marijuana being removed. Why?

DS has seemed suspicious but is it because he's guilty of helping murder 8 members of his family or was he afraid at the start of getting in trouble with LE for maybe knowing about the weed at KR's house? Is he afraid for his own life?

What part did GR play? How is KR involved?

Why haven't we heard anything from the other Rhoden brother? His son was living right by KR. Is he scared?

So many questions.

I doubt there was insurance also. I was just speculating about how it would play into probate if it existed. I was not born and raised in the rural area where I have ended up spending the majority of my life. In this rural area, some funeral homes offer a type of burial insurance policy that a person can pay on a monthly basis and the policy pays out to the funeral home itself for the burial. There is only 2 funeral homes in my county. An insurance policy of some kind or cash in hand has to be presented before a funeral is held. Our area is economically depressed also. The county government will pay for a cremation if no family or friend steps up to the plate. I carry insurance on every member of my family even my child when she was very young. Most of my friends do not. I have been asked how I could insure the life of my child. My reply is a parent certainly hopes never to use it but it is there if needed.

This case is so frustrating! I have strong opinions on many aspects of the case but many I can't share all due to TOS but I want to share what I can and see if anyone agrees or if I'm way off.

First, I wonder how much of what we see with LE, the families and reporters is real and how much is calculated. I will say, LE either has little chance of solving this or they are brilliant. I guess time will tell.

One scenario I keep coming back to involves BBL. The medical company, the vehicles DR was selling on facebook and all of the victims except maybe HR and HG were involved with BBL. It could be nothing but it does raise questions in my mind. What was the purpose of medical company?

The marijuana was made to seem like a bigger deal than it was in the beginning. In fact we so NO evidence of the marijuana being removed. Why?

DS has seemed suspicious but is it because he's guilty of helping murder 8 members of his family or was he afraid at the start of getting in trouble with LE for maybe knowing about the weed at KR's house? Is he afraid for his own life?

What part did GR play? How is KR involved?

Why haven't we heard anything from the other Rhoden brother? His son was living right by KR. Is he scared?

So many questions.

I really don't know a lot about this case, but other places I have read think there is a connection to BBL. Why so many companies? Are they a front for something else? I think the rest of the Rhodens are running scared!

edit to add: GR may have had connections that got angry with CRsr. He was helping GR. I believe CRsr said something to someone that they didn't like. (I still believe something happened to this guy's tongue-he talked). KR was shot in the eye. Was that a sign? He saw something? Maybe I'm being too literal, I don't know.

Ok, the reason I brought up the insurance was the comment that LM made about it in the channel 19 article. Me personally, I think the LE is keeping the Manley family away from any of the personal property of the victims. And why? Also I went back to the article posted by Chill Gazette ( www.chillicothegazette.com/story/news/2016/08/11/rhodens-scoff-sheriffs) Reader says "I do not want to ever find victims 9,10 and 11 and have them be those three minor children," he told the court.
Isn't there 4 minor children? I thought it was a" type o" at first but it's not. Which child is he leaving out and why?

He left out B, Frankie and Chelsie's son, since his mother already had custody of him.

P.S. I agree that Charlie is seemingly not wanting to help the Manley's, but also not helping the Rhodens, either. And I DO NOT think it is because of any impending danger to anybody. Even the babies. :steamed: :pullhair:

Ok, the reason I brought up the insurance was the comment that LM made about it in the channel 19 article. Me personally, I think the LE is keeping the Manley family away from any of the personal property of the victims. And why? Also I went back to the article posted by Chill Gazette ( www.chillicothegazette.com/story/news/2016/08/11/rhodens-scoff-sheriffs) Reader says "I do not want to ever find victims 9,10 and 11 and have them be those three minor children," he told the court.
Isn't there 4 minor children? I thought it was a" type o" at first but it's not. Which child is he leaving out and why?

There were three children left alive at the locations that night. HR's oldest child went w/ her father at 10:30 p.m. Thur. night.

If there is [or was] any danger to the three kids they would have been killed the same night.

I think it was probably SW HR's daughter. The other three were present during the murders but JW had came and go SW earlier that night.

I know 3 children were there that night. What I was getting at was why would any of them still be in danger? I think he is just worried about the ones with the last name of Rhoden. I also think there was a reason they were spared and not just because they were children.
I know we have went back and forth about people not hearing anything that night, but I don't believe that either. There were gunshot's, chaos, struggles(at CRsr being beaten) all that early in the morning.
My people are from the country and still get up at the crack of dawn. Anything going on out of the ordinary and/or around their land and their checking it out. IMO people heard things, they are just not making it public.
Another thing I don't see happening is someone shooting those young mother's with their babies laying next to them. I don't care what kind of great "shot" anyone is, I just don't see anyone taking the chance of hitting those babies with a stray bullet or fragments from a bullet hitting bones of the victim.
IMO the number of shots to each victim, that amount suggests panic to me, not professional. I think things were planned, but something went wrong. You can plan all you want to, but you never know how a human being is going to react when threatened with death or extreme harm. Our natural reaction to danger is to survive and protect our young.
I also think the LE has only told us what they wanted to, in order to maybe "trip" up the murderers. IMO the murderer's did things to "throw off" the investigation. Staged things to make it look like something different happened instead of what really happened.
I think, there was a safe in CRsr's home and they tried to get into it. They tortured him for combination or where the key to it was. IMO that's something they had to secure in the home before moving it. And to me it sounds like it was a heavy safe that had to be braced or nailed down/up to make sure it didn't move during transport. Like a big heavy gun safe, or old time safe.
These are just some of my thought's and idea's only. What are some of your thoughts and idea's?

I've had so many theories over the past 6 months, but with the recent autopsy reports and the amount of gsw's the females received, I'm now leaning more towards HR being the main victim followed by DR & HHG because they both had a close relationship with HR. I really think that the killer(s) went to DR's trailer 1st then to FR's. I think it really is possible that CR1 and GR heard the shots at FR's & got up to investigate. Does anyone think it is possible that both men went outside and got chased back in the trailer? I don't think the surviving children have anything to do with the murders, but I think someone who changed their plans that night may unknowingly be involved (has info.) KR being killed IMO could make sense, but I can't say because of TOS. My theory only works if they were a regular visitor at all of the Rhoden trailers & someone else very close to the family would also go visit all of them. IMO that person is close to at least 2 of the Rhoden's.

I know 3 children were there that night. What I was getting at was why would any of them still be in danger? I think he is just worried about the ones with the last name of Rhoden. I also think there was a reason they were spared and not just because they were children.
I know we have went back and forth about people not hearing anything that night, but I don't believe that either. There were gunshot's, chaos, struggles(at CRsr being beaten) all that early in the morning.
My people are from the country and still get up at the crack of dawn. Anything going on out of the ordinary and/or around their land and their checking it out. IMO people heard things, they are just not making it public.
Another thing I don't see happening is someone shooting those young mother's with their babies laying next to them. I don't care what kind of great "shot" anyone is, I just don't see anyone taking the chance of hitting those babies with a stray bullet or fragments from a bullet hitting bones of the victim.
IMO the number of shots to each victim, that amount suggests panic to me, not professional. I think things were planned, but something went wrong. You can plan all you want to, but you never know how a human being is going to react when threatened with death or extreme harm. Our natural reaction to danger is to survive and protect our young.
I also think the LE has only told us what they wanted to, in order to maybe "trip" up the murderers. IMO the murderer's did things to "throw off" the investigation. Staged things to make it look like something different happened instead of what really happened.
I think, there was a safe in CRsr's home and they tried to get into it. They tortured him for combination or where the key to it was. IMO that's something they had to secure in the home before moving it. And to me it sounds like it was a heavy safe that had to be braced or nailed down/up to make sure it didn't move during transport. Like a big heavy gun safe, or old time safe.
These are just some of my thought's and idea's only. What are some of your thoughts and idea's?
BBM
I think something along those lines could have played out as well. I also think maybe one shooter was more confident (some victims had fewer shots) and the other not as confident. It also made me think that one may have been female, and have known the victims, possibly both knew the victims. There also could have been a driver. It would be much more quiet on those back roads to cruise down in a vehicle than folks remembering hearing 4 wheelers. If I heard a 4-wheeler out in the woods at midnight, I'd probably make a mental note of it, but still not call the police. Lots of folks have 4-wheelers and they could just be going out to get in a loose cow or horse, or something. But I would have made a mental note. It's not as common like a car maybe driving past at midnight.

I've had so many theories over the past 6 months, but with the recent autopsy reports and the amount of gsw's the females received, I'm now leaning more towards HR being the main victim followed by DR & HHG because they both had a close relationship with HR. I really think that the killer(s) went to DR's trailer 1st then to FR's. I think it really is possible that CR1 and GR heard the shots at FR's & got up to investigate. Does anyone think it is possible that both men went outside and got chased back in the trailer? I don't think the surviving children have anything to do with the murders, but I think someone who changed their plans that night may unknowingly be involved (has info.) KR being killed IMO could make sense, but I can't say because of TOS. My theory only works if they were a regular visitor at all of the Rhoden trailers & someone else very close to the family would also go visit all of them. IMO that person is close to at least 2 of the Rhoden's.

I'd not rule anything out at this point, except, possibly, drugs and stolen cars as the main reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl