OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that is a natural response. As time goes on, we learn more and more about this family as individuals, and just makes everything more personal, and we can relate to their feelings. I don't know if you have read the entire case yet, but if you haven't, plz do if you have the chance. Interesting reading. Also, in thread 17, there are several links in relation to Hanna. Very touching. Made me feel I actually knew her.
Do you have a link to "thread 17"? I'm new here and don't understand how to find threads. I just shot right to the end to see if they found the shooter. TIA

I was able to read it for free. I opened the link on my phone and had it open in e-reader/iBooks. It downloaded the entire paper. The article is toward the end.
I'll have to look again, I read the other one.

Do you have a link to "thread 17"? I'm new here and don't understand how to find threads. I just shot right to the end to see if they found the shooter. TIA
Never mind, I found it. I thought it ended at thread 11! I'm so technologically challenged! 😆

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

There are "Appalachias" in other parts of the USA. By that I mean communities that are isolated, have never had or have been abandoned by industry. Many family members share the same home, early sexual activity is the norm, teenagers become parents. Food stamps are traded for Pepsi, and Pepsi is traded for drugs. Rusty trailers and yards landscaped with several generations of matching rusty cars and appliances are commonplace. Girls have no ambition beyond becoming a mother, boys learn to hunt for food. Poor health and early death are accepted. Adolescents are more drug addicted than their parents. These are the national statistics. The facts. All information is available on the internet. By this yardstick, the Rhodens were prosperous, regardless of how they came by their prosperity. Also, in Appalachian families, the family is more important than any one individual family member. People are fiercely independent and take the law into their own hands. I am offering this information as a background to the Rhoden murders. Besides being born in WV, I have been a social worker in more than one state. That is only one of my careers. I have worked with teenage drug programs, mentally challenged and mentally ill, and juvenile crime, and dispute resolution. I have been a case worker where incest produced a child, where a pedophile gave aids to several boys. My reporting to LE resulted in the first ever case where a man got a life sentence for infecting a child with aids. There is so much more. I just want you all to know that have been on the front lines and I am not a gossip monger. IMO, the murderers are pathologically jealous and justify the killings and robbery.....they are "owed" something. Locals, who fits the description?

So true. I worked for an organization that assisted folks in need in the Appalachian Region. We mostly within the counties in my state, but did assist other out-of-state communities that were hit by disasters. I've lived in the region all of my life, as has most of my family. I've said it before, but, again, I think it's very possible that this family (or at least a part of them) has done something that someone has seen as unforgivable, and so foul, that they've sought revenge.

Do you honestly believe all the drugs [pot, pills, cocaine, heroin, meth, etc.] that moves through the area on it's way north does so w/o "dirty" LEO involvement? What do these local deputies make? A few moments of turning your head the other way and they'll make more for that then "doing their job" all year long.

I've not taken it that anyone in this scenario was living this far beyond their means, but, this shows how it does happen (only on a much larger scale).
http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...oked-narcotics-cops-david-hansberry/86604700/

Ok folks I been thinking(danger! danger! lol) Seriously, this is JMO and before someone jumps on me, remember we are trying to solve a crime. In one of the articles it stated that both MG and KR(daughter) were supposed to spend the night. One at HR's and the other at HG's. If one actually did, they could have just let the killers in. No break ins, no dogs attacking, just slip into the backdoor. I think these murders had some staging done to through off the real reason for the killings. Doors locked, windows left open, camera's taken, etc. Of course I stlll think family was involved in this and that it was a vengeful crime. For what, I don't know, but these are some of the thoughts I have. What do you think. And I'm sure you'll let me know.

I found the whole article odd, but, I'm not really a trusting individual. This is the first time that I've heard mention of the two girls supposed to spend the night, so that makes three people who were supposed to be there, that weren't. I'd not heard of GR working anywhere other than tobacco and odd jobs. Not once had they mentioned him working at Big Bear Lake. In fact Tony said, on 4/27 in the Dispatch interview,
Kenneth drove to Columbus to work every day, and Chris Sr. liked to fix up cars. That’s why Gary was staying in Piketon, to help him with them.
Not a word about Big Bear in GR's obituary nor any other time, iirc. Not a word about CR1 helping him get off of drugs, til now, and that being named as the reason he'd been staying with CR1.

Wadell from BBL:
Waddell said both the boys were hard workers, as was their sister Hanna,...
FR & CR2

Chris Sr. would come to work on a project at the resort and the kids would tag along. Chris Jr. told people he worked there, too, but he more often than not ended up with a fishing pole in his hand down at the lake.

Not a word about GR coming up to help.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/04/27/rhoden-relative-a-man-cant-bear-it.html#

Ok folks I been thinking(danger! danger! lol) Seriously, this is JMO and before someone jumps on me, remember we are trying to solve a crime. In one of the articles it stated that both MG and KR(daughter) were supposed to spend the night. One at HR's and the other at HG's. If one actually did, they could have just let the killers in. No break ins, no dogs attacking, just slip into the backdoor. I think these murders had some staging done to through off the real reason for the killings. Doors locked, windows left open, camera's taken, etc. Of course I stlll think family was involved in this and that it was a vengeful crime. For what, I don't know, but these are some of the thoughts I have. What do you think. And I'm sure you'll let me know.

I think I asked the same thing, maybe in this thread. I'm starting to wonder if it was staged to look much more sophisticated than it was really was.

I don't think that split in the family surrounding RhodenSr had ever completely healed either. Personally, I think the victim was a family member after reading about the letters to the judge. Possibly one who didn't realize the split in the family would run so deep and affect them so much. I know someone who spoke out about a family member re;sexual abuse, when she was in her early teens. He was arrested, and given time. She was shunned by that entire side of the family.

Never mind, I found it. I thought it ended at thread 11! I'm so technologically challenged! 

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Don't worry, most things are pretty easy to figure out! I always keep trying, til I get where I need to be. You claim to be technology challenged... I have always said I'm technology retarted! So, if I can figure it out, anybody can.

I found the whole article odd, but, I'm not really a trusting individual. This is the first time that I've heard mention of the two girls supposed to spend the night, so that makes three people who were supposed to be there, that weren't. I'd not heard of GR working anywhere other than tobacco and odd jobs. Not once had they mentioned him working at Big Bear Lake. In fact Tony said, on 4/27 in the Dispatch interview, Not a word about Big Bear in GR's obituary nor any other time, iirc. Not a word about CR1 helping him get off of drugs, til now, and that being named as the reason he'd been staying with CR1.

Wadell from BBL: FR & CR2

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/04/27/rhoden-relative-a-man-cant-bear-it.html#

There is a long video interview in the article below with Kenneth Rhoden, father of Gary Rhoden. He mentions Gary working at BBL and the relationship between Chris Sr. and Gary as being more like brothers.

http://m.daytondailynews.com/videos/news/kenneth-rhoden-father-of-gary-speaks-before/vDqjPX/

I found the whole article odd, but, I'm not really a trusting individual. This is the first time that I've heard mention of the two girls supposed to spend the night, so that makes three people who were supposed to be there, that weren't. I'd not heard of GR working anywhere other than tobacco and odd jobs. Not once had they mentioned him working at Big Bear Lake. In fact Tony said, on 4/27 in the Dispatch interview, Not a word about Big Bear in GR's obituary nor any other time, iirc. Not a word about CR1 helping him get off of drugs, til now, and that being named as the reason he'd been staying with CR1.

Wadell from BBL: FR & CR2

Gary's dad spoke about him working at Big Bear. Other than that, I don't believe it ever came out in an article. Could have been something the minister spoke of during Gary's service.

When I read Gary's autopsy report, he weighed 211 lbs. If he was heavy into meth, he would have been alot slimmer, from what I've noticed with other users. One girl in our town looked really slim and trim most of the time. When she would get herself off the drugs, that went away. At one point, she got big enough, I asked her if she was pregnant! She told me no, it was all the pop she's been drinking because of the extra hot summer we were having.

Gary's dad spoke about him working at Big Bear. Other than that, I don't believe it ever came out in an article. Could have been something the minister spoke of during Gary's service.

I got the impression from the article that Chris SR would take Gary along with him when he went to Big Bear. It was his [Chris's] way of keeping him close where he couldn't get into trouble and gave Gary a little money. Chris would hold back most of Gary's money so Gary couldn't use it for drugs. Gary wouldn't have been thought of as a regular employee. I get the impression that Chris really cared about Gary. I think he recognized that Gary wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer and tried to look out for him. JMO

Back to the Chillicothe paper. After I downloaded that issue, I checked Monday's paper to see if there was another chapter. What I found was an article actually from June, but it had a pic of Hannah and Frankie and sons. I couldn't get access to it, so I went to the home page and realized I could add an app for the paper for free...so I believe all I have to do now is click on the app and have access to the daily paper.

IMO these articles are "rough drafts" of the articles she was going to write. You know, notes of all the information she had gathered when reviewing different people. I think the LE/AG/BCI made her "hold off" on printing a lot of the information she had and has. Now they want little bits of the information released so that they can get a reaction from the people who know what happened, and IMO there are a lot of people who know what happened. To me, this is a pressure tactic. I'm sure as a reporter, Chris Graves has been very anxious to release these articles for quite some time now. It's all about the timing and the "powers that be" when the public gets the information. Instead of leaking information, these investigators are showing just a "trickle" at a time.

There is a long video interview in the article below with Kenneth Rhoden, father of Gary Rhoden. He mentions Gary working at BBL and the relationship between Chris Sr. and Gary as being more like brothers.

http://m.daytondailynews.com/videos/news/kenneth-rhoden-father-of-gary-speaks-before/vDqjPX/

I remembered about the closeness of CR1 and GR, that was in the obit. I'd watched this video early on and forgotten about the BBL. He also says that GR was shot three times in the head, I'd remembered it as two. Thanks for the refresher! I've been looking at photos of BBL. I don't know, b/c I've never been there, but it seems it's mostly rv spots, with a few decks at the lake area and a newer type playground. Maybe it needed a little maintenance every year but there's not a lot of structures there, it seems, to keep that many people in work (GR, CR1, FR, and sometimes CR2 and Waddell even mentioned HR). Maybe CR1 just took someone with him to get things done faster, when BBL called and needed some work done?

It is so wonderful to stumble onto news that I never conceived could exist. On a link devoted to,"once a Rhodes,
always a Rhodes,", one. page of information really shocked me ..The X-Wife of one of the Rhodens, had a slot on
her article that described that a four lane highway was built down next to the murder scene and it was named
""Rhoden Interstate" With all the preconceived notions about the Rhoden Clan,,It never dawned on me that this
Rhoden generation could claim an honorable heritage. But to my surprise, in or around 1980's or before,
James Rhodes served as governor of Ohio four terms.He was the the governor that called out the National Guard
during the KENT STATE shootings...Now, this information shines a whole new light on this case. In fact, the
motive for the Rhoden killing my have originated years ago, some way..

It is so wonderful to stumble onto news that I never conceived could exist. On a link devoted to,"once a Rhodes,
always a Rhodes,", one. page of information really shocked me ..The X-Wife of one of the Rhodens, had a slot on
her article that described that a four lane highway was built down next to the murder scene and it was named
""Rhoden Interstate" With all the preconceived notions about the Rhoden Clan,,It never dawned on me that this
Rhoden generation could claim an honorable heritage. But to my surprise, in or around 1980's or before,
James Rhodes served as governor of Ohio four terms.He was the the governor that called out the National Guard
during the KENT STATE shootings...Now, this information shines a whole new light on this case. In fact, the

They must have misspelled it in the article, it's the James A. Rhodes Appalachian Highway, not the same family. The victims are spelled; Rhoden.

I think I asked the same thing, maybe in this thread. I'm starting to wonder if it was staged to look much more sophisticated than it was really was.

CSI
Actually if if was "staged" to look "sophisticated" and LE & all of us fell for it that would make it very sophisticated.

Ray
I read the whole article from cover to cover and never came across the "Rhoden Interstate". Maybe I missed it. If so would you direct me to it. I was out in Cincinnati at the time of the Kent State shooting [Remember protesting on campus over it. Remember the spring quarter being cancelled at UofC as well as at most universities.] I think you are really reaching in trying to tie this crime with Gov. Rhodes's actions in either pushing for the highway or Kent State.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay