OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused about the bedbug situation. Was this a theory or did I miss an article that mentioned something about bedbugs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That news channel released the expenses in this case. In one of the homes, 1 of the beds had bed bugs.

OK. I have been doing some serious thinking about this bedbug business. And yes there is a point to this.
Hopefully none of you have had experiences with bedbugs. Not proud of it but I have. It does not mean a home is not clean, they just kind of come home with you. Take up residence in your bed, mattress, couch...in the creases where you cannot see during daylight. They like to come out after dark.
Here is my point. I had a mild case compared to some I know of where you literally have to throw furniture out. Bugs multiply quickly and often. They suck blood and can survive on that blood I am told close to a year from ONE bite.
NOW where this comes in to play with the Rhoden cases. We established that the "perps" who did the deed spent some time at the homes, visiting...maybe watching TV, socializing while at the same time they were getting a good look at the places, cameras, doors, whatever. When I first got the things, I thought I had a rash, If one has not had experience with bedbugs, they may not realize they are even getting bit. (OR giving a blood sample...).Little bug comes along...has you for dinner, then goes back to a crease on the couch with YOUR blood in him. Point being... it is my opinion that BCI may very well have blood samples of the perps from the bedbugs! Most blood, yes would be family living in the home but SOME would be the "perp" or "perps"....this of course in addition to any blood samples they may or may not have already. And yes the bug only bites one person so not going to be a mix of blood there.

I did some looking into bed bugs, where do they come from? I understand they lay eggs and blah blah blah, but how exactly do they get in your house? Is it possible the bed became infested after the fact since the feed on blood?

I did some looking into bed bugs, where do they come from? I understand they lay eggs and blah blah blah, but how exactly do they get in your house? Is it possible the bed became infested after the fact since the feed on blood?
Well, my experience and reading up on bedbugs... They can come to your home a number of ways. If you try on an article of clothing, say a jacket. Someone before you tried on the same jacket...they have bedbugs. Bug gets on jacket, you bring bug home unknowing, it hatches boom. Mattresses, furniture, NEW...may have been sit on by someone carrying them. You buy the furniture, boom, bugs included. Someone visiting your home (maybe they have bedbugs) visit. Bugs come off them to your furniture. City busses, common areas.
Bedbegs are drawn to humans breath. There is no doubt the Rhoden home with the bedbugs had them at least a few weeks before the murders. Bugs need time to settle in and reproduce.
Its my opinion this may or may not come in to play solving the crimes, time will tell.
The home had them, perps visited, bug got blood unknowing to perp, went back in couch. BCI got bugs. Possible.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

To me, the amount of money spent is nothing for a crime this size. No wonder.

An example, our city has a missing child, Isabel Celis case costs were around $1 million 5 weeks in. FBI was part of the investigation. To me, that was way too much for no outcome in that amount of time. Overtime costs were huge. Door to door searches in a 3 mile radius etc..Isabel is still missing. No arrests.

Being from OH & having visited southern OH often while growing up there, it's a wake up call on budgets for any criminal case being solved. This is eight family members gone in one night.

Interestingly, bed bugs can provide forensic DNA from a human host. I don't think that's the hold up here or the nail in the coffin for the perps. Then again, I don't have much to go on in the first place.

WARNING, bed bug picture.

http://comp.uark.edu/~aszalan/bed_bugs/Forensics.html

Bed bugs and Forensics

http://comp.uark.edu/~aszalan/bed_bugs/Forensics.html

I think quite a lot of people pick them up in hotels without realizing it and then they take the bugs back home with them. I always check the beds in hotel rooms as soon as I get there... for this very reason. LOL

(My brother's family picked them up from somewhere once, and they had to throw out a ton of stuff and stay with my parents for a few days while their house was fumigated.)

This talk about bed bugs makes me itch and now I'm afraid to sleep, sit or stand anywhere really! Wow!

My question is this- why would the PD pay to have the bed bugs treated while in their possession????? It makes no sense to me. It's like paying for soiled linens to be dry cleaned. Really? I read nothing into the bedbugs- to me it's a random fact. More interesting- why take the homes into your possession in the first place? Were there drugs, plants, a money tree they feared would get stolen, used by looters? Cannot believe this remains unsolved.

ETA- It is listed as bed bug treatments. Does not sound like any forensic or evidentiary removal.

They could have paid to have them treated so the bedbugs didn't get spread.

They could have paid to have them treated so the bedbugs didn't get spread.

To where, other locations in the warehouse? How thoughtful. Sorry- I don't get it.

people get an infestation of bed bugs by carrying the critters or their eggs home with them. From stores, from hotels, etc. I am assuming that treating the bed bugs was a proactive move to prevent the spread. Since these items have been removed to a location where they could be secured and possibly further used in the investigation, one must assume that investigators or forensics personnel might need to access those mobile homes to do further analysis.

I know I wouldn't want to be spending any time in a mobile home knowing it was currently infested with those critter.

another thought on bed bug treatment: The warehouse is leased. The sheriff's dept does not own that space. Perhaps the owner who is leasing it to the dept. insisted on the bed bug issue being addressed in order to not have their warehouse infested.

another thought on bed bug treatment: The warehouse is leased. The sheriff's dept does not own that space. Perhaps the owner who is leasing it to the dept. insisted on the bed bug issue being addressed in order to not have their warehouse infested.

That sounds more plausible to me. I'm no entomologist. I guess I still want to know why those crime scenes were moved in their entirety. That has got to mean more than just concern over folks "rubber necking."

Tierney said the relocation to the warehouse, which happened in mid-May, allowed investigators to keep custody of the scenes and preserve them so if and when someone is charged and the case goes to trial, the trailers and the camper would be available for a jury view (something sometimes done by way of a field trip for jurors). For several months, the county leased space in that warehouse — which also houses an operating business, Hadsell Chemical Processing

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/09/29/Rhodens-DeWine-investigation.html

chemical compounding/processing would seem to require a sterile type environment for some of it's operations. So I totally get treating the infestation. I wish it was more clear in the statements that have been made on this subject, where exactly the warehouse is located at this place. For instance, is it in a separately secured area that employees of the company could not access? It is just in an unused portion of warehouse, with other portions being used for company business?

Probably safe to assume that all evidence collection was completed before moving the trailers.

Well based on the fact we've spent days with only bed bugs to talk about, I'm really losing hope this will ever be solved. So sad and horrible. You would think in this day and age some home or store somewhere either on their way in or on their way out, would have a recording of at least a car to start looking for.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Probably safe to assume that all evidence collection was completed before moving the trailers.

|
When reading about the leased warehouse I did read that all evidence collection was pretty much done prior to the move and that the move was done because it could be (mobile homes) and that a future jury may be able to visit them. Now IF we ever get arrest(s) and prosecution, I wonder if the trailers would then be moved back to their original locations before a jury field trip or what. I am not sure what visiting them all lined up in a row inside some warehouse would accomplish.

Like I have mentioned before, the trailer and rail car from Nate Kibby's property was removed to a secured location during the case of AH who was kidnapped and held for months. So it is not the move that concerns me as much as the lack of confidence that is being expressed about chain of evidence and the security of the location those mobile homes are sitting at.

Tlcya- you and others are so much more versed in this case. I will go back to reading vs. responding. Peace!

Tierney said the relocation to the warehouse, which happened in mid-May, allowed investigators to keep custody of the scenes and preserve them so if and when someone is charged and the case goes to trial, the trailers and the camper would be available for a jury view (something sometimes done by way of a field trip for jurors). For several months, the county leased space in that warehouse — which also houses an operating business, Hadsell Chemical Processing

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/09/29/Rhodens-DeWine-investigation.html

chemical compounding/processing would seem to require a sterile type environment for some of it's operations. So I totally get treating the infestation. I wish it was more clear in the statements that have been made on this subject, where exactly the warehouse is located at this place. For instance, is it in a separately secured area that employees of the company could not access? It is just in an unused portion of warehouse, with other portions being used for company business?

I thought Reader said the mobile homes were in a fenced in area inside the large fenced in area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove