OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a screen shot or know what was in Chris Sr's trailer the Reader didn't want released but it was released in error ? ( I'm hearing it was on a invoice )

Dr Know? They make both wired and wireless surveillance systems. Either way on that type of system, the dvr is what holds the video. Not the cameras. The wireless camera system is usually mounted with magnets & require expensive batteries that need replaced. It's best to have it all uploaded to cloud in case the dvr is stolen,

BBM
For some reason the Reply w/quote is not working for me today, so I jury-rigged it. I'd guess that they had the type that only went to dvr b/c of the internet service in that area. Unless they had access to a very good service that most wouldn't have in rural Pike County.

This won't let me reply with quote. I need a microscope to see it! I don't remember Gary being married but once.

There is a person claiming to have been another former spouse though, and I've just found it to be another very odd piece to this case.

Does anyone have a screen shot or know what was in Chris Sr's trailer the Reader didn't want released but it was released in error ? ( I'm hearing it was on a invoice )

It hasn't been publicly released, unless we missed it. MOO

Pike County: Death in the foothills

USA TODAY

Chris Graves , cgraves@enquirer.com

1 hr ago

The House on the Hill

CHAPTER 1

The canary yellow paint is faded and peeling on the house set a bit back from Union Hill Road. But its roof is sturdy, made of metal. Its foundation, rows of cinderblock.

Sheets of particle board cover what used to be windows. Only one is grayed; the rest remain the burnished tan of newness. Not enough seasons have passed to weather them.

The boards are nailed in place to keep the strangers out — in case gawkers don’t heed the No Trespass signs affixed to the front of the home and to the trunks of greening trees surrounding it. A lone remnant of crime scene tape flaps in the warmth of an early summer breeze.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...thills/ar-AAj4KpB?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=HPCOMMDHP15

What is much larger than a few grow ops and a derby racing hobby?

Racketeering.
That's what.

(That is just my opinion.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Counterfeiting even crossed my mind...

This case is frustrating. I quit. Someone message me when they catch someone.

Well IMO, that only leaves the kids and Rebecca Clay Allen.

Pike County: Death in the foothills

USA TODAY

Chris Graves , cgraves@enquirer.com

1 hr ago

The House on the Hill

CHAPTER 1

The canary yellow paint is faded and peeling on the house set a bit back from Union Hill Road. But its roof is sturdy, made of metal. Its foundation, rows of cinderblock.

Sheets of particle board cover what used to be windows. Only one is grayed; the rest remain the burnished tan of newness. Not enough seasons have passed to weather them.

The boards are nailed in place to keep the strangers out — in case gawkers don’t heed the No Trespass signs affixed to the front of the home and to the trunks of greening trees surrounding it. A lone remnant of crime scene tape flaps in the warmth of an early summer breeze.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...thills/ar-AAj4KpB?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=HPCOMMDHP15

This story ran some time ago, a couple of weeks. Is there something new that's been added to it? TIA

This story ran some time ago, a couple of weeks. Is there something new that's been added to it? TIA

I just read this again and nothing jumped out at me. Perhaps attention to this article, which gives a lot of details about a private family, is meant to be re-read by others.
I'm certainly not sleuthing family members but Brady R. Is the oldest or is Tony R.? Seems like Chris R. Stepped up to the plate and acted as an eldest brother might. Anyway, large interesting family with a horrible tragic last chapter.

I didn't hear him say no Derby involvement i heard him say it's not a couple indoor grow ops or a couple of stolen cars on the property.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

You're right, he didn't come right out and say not derby related but I take that it wasn't derby related from him saying it wasn't about possibly a couple stolen cars on the property. You could use those cars to build a derby car. Demo Derby might be popular BUT it's not exactly something one goes into to make money.

He also says it's not about the nickel-dime pot grow operation.

He infers it's about something Much bigger. What that is, everyone has their own opinions.

After watching the interview, etc. on WCPO, I feel somewhat reassured that the head of the local DEA office said he thinks it might be local, too. Of all the experts on the case, a federal agent would be the one I trust the most at this point. Reader implying it was a local simply because of the distance between crime scenes on a rural road doesn't convince me. Nor am I encouraged by Reader's statement "someone out there is hearing this, etc., etc." as if they expect them to just turn themselves in. That's how cold cases are made.

That said, if it is someone local it would be an extremely rare occurrence in the US. Can anyone else recall a similar crime, with 8 members of an extended family being killed in a span of a couple of hours, miles apart, little evidence left behind, etc. murderers remaining in the community going on with their everyday life as if nothing happened?

Bizarre.

You're right, he didn't come right out and say not derby related but I take that it wasn't derby related from him saying it wasn't about possibly a couple stolen cars on the property. You could use those cars to build a derby car. Demo Derby might be popular BUT it's not exactly something one goes into to make money.

He also says it's not about the nickel-dime pot grow operation.

He infers it's about something Much bigger. What that is, everyone has their own opinions.

I know a person who makes a living doing demo derbies. The Pontiac silverdome was an invitational, and supposedly paid 25k to win.

Was thinking on the video and made some notes.

LE apparently knows the motive.
The assailants knew the Rhodens well enough to get in and out "very quickly".
They were not murdered over drugs, or a couple of stolen cars.
They were murdered over "things that's been revealed while conducting the investigation" (So I'm ruling out cars, dogs, drugs, chickens, gambling... b/c those things didn't have to be revealed.)
They were murdered over something "much bigger" than a couple of indoor grow sites and a couple of stolen cars in their front yard. I live in a small town. I can think of 2 or 3 things, "much bigger" than so & so getting caught w/a couple hundred plants, and a couple of stolen cars in their yard. None of them are good.
I am still thinking hillbilly justice/revenge.

They have a motive now, but we just don't know what it is. "There are no witnesses, at first there was no motive." @ 1:20 - 1:25

Reader alludes to the murders being done "very quickly". @ 2:18 - 2:22

Marijuana was found in all locations except DR's trailer. @ 2:28 -2:33

When asked if he thought a Mexican drug cartel might be involved, Reader's response was, "Absolutely not." @ 2:39-244

"With the nature of the investigation, and the things that's been revealed while conducting the investigation..." Reader @ 2:46 - 2:58

Head of DEA office in Cincinnati agrees w/Reader re; it is not the Mexican cartel. @3:22

Reader says, "some of the Rhodens were dealing pot in the area, though drugs likely have nothing to do with the killings". @3:35 - 3:41

LM says they came to the house and got DNA from him and his grandson and others. @3:58 - 4:02 (Also likely to be used to help them exclude DNA they found at the scenes.)

It's not b/c they had a couple of indoor grows, or a couple of cars were on their place, that may have been stolen, it's much bigger than that. - Reader @4:36 - 4:47

I just read this again and nothing jumped out at me. Perhaps attention to this article, which gives a lot of details about a private family, is meant to be re-read by others.
I'm certainly not sleuthing family members but Brady R. Is the oldest or is Tony R.? Seems like Chris R. Stepped up to the plate and acted as an eldest brother might. Anyway, large interesting family with a horrible tragic last chapter.

I guessed I must've missed it when we learned that HG's sister had packed a bag to stay over night but instead went home after work. So it turns out that three different family members were supposed to stay in three separate homes there that night but all changed their plans. Otherwise there could've been eleven victims instead of eight?

Hannah never learned how to drive, so she was often stuck on Union Hill Road until or unless someone came to pick her up. On April 21, her sister Meranda had packed a bag to spend the night after she finished her job at a local pizza parlor, said their grandfather Kenny Shoemaker.

But for whatever reason, Meranda drove past Union Hill Road that night.

She headed home and slept in her own bed.

Was thinking on the video and made some notes.

LE apparently knows the motive.
The assailants knew the Rhodens well enough to get in and out "very quickly".
They were not murdered over drugs, or a couple of stolen cars.
They were murdered over "things that's been revealed while conducting the investigation" (So I'm ruling out cars, dogs, drugs, chickens, gambling... b/c those things didn't have to be revealed.)
They were murdered over something "much bigger" than a couple of indoor grow sites and a couple of stolen cars in their front yard. I live in a small town. I can think of 2 or 3 things, "much bigger" than so & so getting caught w/a couple hundred plants, and a couple of stolen cars in their yard. None of them are good.
I am still thinking hillbilly justice/revenge.

They have a motive now, but we just don't know what it is. "There are no witnesses, at first there was no motive." @ 1:20 - 1:25

Reader alludes to the murders being done "very quickly". @ 2:18 - 2:22

Marijuana was found in all locations except DR's trailer. @ 2:28 -2:33

When asked if he thought a Mexican drug cartel might be involved, Reader's response was, "Absolutely not." @ 2:39-244

"With the nature of the investigation, and the things that's been revealed while conducting the investigation..." Reader @ 2:46 - 2:58

Head of DEA office in Cincinnati agrees w/Reader re; it is not the Mexican cartel. @3:22

Reader says, "some of the Rhodens were dealing pot in the area, though drugs likely have nothing to do with the killings". @3:35 - 3:41

LM says they came to the house and got DNA from him and his grandson and others. @3:58 - 4:02 (Also likely to be used to help them exclude DNA they found at the scenes.)

It's not b/c they had a couple of indoor grows, or a couple of cars were on their place, that may have been stolen, it's much bigger than that. - Reader @4:36 - 4:47

RSD As usual, I am thinking the same things you are. (But you do a much better job explaining things than I do).

I might add IMO some of the most common motives for murder (in no particular order): Revenge, sex/love, jealousy, money, keeping someone from talking. Which of those could apply? Just some thoughts. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove