OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do realize I am totally stereotyping here and to those from the region I do apologize, but would moonshining be out of the realm of possibility?

How much money would be involved in moonshining?

How about ginseng? How much money there?

I use to watch a show that I loved about Ginseng season, lots of quick cash to be made from it. People will kill over much less these days.

The only big money crime items I can think of is:

Money laundering.
Credit card fraud.
Telephone scams.
Child *advertiser censored*.
Burglary ring.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

If it's not family related, in some way, I'm leaning toward it being that they all had one other thing in common; BBL.

Whoever did this had absolutely no qualms about taking out an entire family, minus the children, who were too young to bear witness. I think they have killed before.

There is a serial killer in the area (Chillicothe). A half hour from where the Rhodens lived. Six women have gone missing and several bodies have been found in recent years and LE has not been able to catch the killer (s), but the person or persons responsible obviously stayed in the area because it kept happening. And they have been able to remain under the radar with LE and the community because no one suspects them. They apparently "blend in" with the rest of the community.

Could one of the Rhodens have known this person and figured out their secret?

I know I am way out there on this!

Brandon Myers is his name and if you seach for him under brandon rhodens friends you will find him. The comment frankie made about BM owing his father money for a car implies he knows more family member than just frankie AND he didnt post anything remorseful about the rhodens being murdered... which I find kind of odd because I live in another state and felt the shock of it. If you live in that area and knew of them it would be typical for those people to say something (anything) about it on their social media account. Plus I think he looks creepy. Couldnt find the other guy mentioned. Only name given was Tommy.

If it's not family related, in some way, I'm leaning toward it being that they all had one other thing in common; BBL.

That was my first thought months ago with the car lots and selling of cars ect. Also all those businesses in RW's wife's name. I also thought of her singing career and figured the publicity of being connected to 8 murders wouldn't be good for it. Nor would being connected with money laundering or drug trafficking.

On another note, I find it very interesting that Brandon Rhoden was only "500 feet away" when the murders happened. Whoever did this and for whatever reason... they decided that BR was not involved, knew the information, or was a "loose end" in anyway. Another indication that the killers knew this family well and possibly even the personal relationshups they had with each other. Accord to his fb account BR spent alot of time at FR and HG home. Seems like he would have been included as a target due to association but the fact that he was not indicated the killers knew their relationships well enough to decide not to target BR.

What about all the missing girls in Piketon Portsmouth New Boston and Wheelersburg it's awful funny all these girls come up missing and nobody talks about it them for girls need help also I think there's a serial killer around here but nobody wants to admit anything

Sent from my Prime10ES using Tapatalk

There have been cases where multiple people were killed over custody of a child. Many in fact. The Wendy Camp case was an example of this where many family member either knew or participated in the murders of two women and a six year old child.

B who is one of FR's children would inherit 1/4 of the Rhoden's estate.

So sole custody without the threat of dad trying to take her to court for custody, plus 1/4 of grandparents estate including any life insurance they had?

Why would she have brought her son over there that night then. Why not just have him home without the possibility of getting harmed?

I don't think that B or his mom have anything to do with this puzzle. Several have mentioned that maybe Chelsie and Frankie were having custody problems over their son, and Chelsie wasn't being honest about the whole thing. But, in a small town, somebody with run-of- the -mouth-itis would have told that story long ago.

That was my first thought months ago with the car lots and selling of cars ect. Also all those businesses in RW's wife's name. I also thought of her singing career and figured the publicity of being connected to 8 murders wouldn't be good for it. Nor would being connected with money laundering or drug trafficking.

The entire family, was intertwined with BBL, and Co., quite a bit, and for many years. Over the course of this, and re-reading articles, etc..., a couple of things keeps standing out to me. I understand about not wanting negative publicity, but, this is a place that they worked for 20 years and zip, was mentioned about the family. All of the people who had to have known them at the campsite, the handful of employees who had known them all of those years? Nothing. I just found it odd that they just seemed to shut down about their "friend".

Robin Waddell has known the Rhoden family for decades, ever since Christopher Sr. started working at the resort — building decks or roofs, excavating, whatever needed done. Waddell would hire the elder Chris Rhoden whenever he needed construction. He was good, Waddell said. He was reliable. He was a friend. “It’s devastating that something like this could happen,” Waddell said. “And we don’t know what happened.”
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/04/24/manhunt-mystery-follow-ohio-bloodbath/83469888/

On another note, I find it very interesting that Brandon Rhoden was only "500 feet away" when the murders happened. Whoever did this and for whatever reason... they decided that BR was not involved, knew the information, or was a "loose end" in anyway. Another indication that the killers knew this family well and possibly even the personal relationshups they had with each other. Accord to his fb account BR spent alot of time at FR and HG home. Seems like he would have been included as a target due to association but the fact that he was not indicated the killers knew their relationships well enough to decide not to target BR.

Exactly. They have to know them very well b/c otherwise BJM would be dead too. She was there every day, taking care of a multitude of animals, and even cleaning CR1's and KR's homes. They had to be very comfortable that she knew nothing, or was going to say nothing.

Family dynamics can be complicated; when my mother died my father hardly cared at all - for him a weight had been lifted from around his neck. Just because you feel bad for the remaining family over what happened does not necessarily mean they feel the same way - and that's certainly not an indication of guilt! Also, we cannot make judgments like, "he looks creepy" - that's really immature at best, and stereotyping at worst (which never will get you anywhere).

Brandon Myers is his name and if you seach for him under brandon rhodens friends you will find him. The comment frankie made about BM owing his father money for a car implies he knows more family member than just frankie AND he didnt post anything remorseful about the rhodens being murdered... which I find kind of odd because I live in another state and felt the shock of it. If you live in that area and knew of them it would be typical for those people to say something (anything) about it on their social media account. Plus I think he looks creepy. Couldnt find the other guy mentioned. Only name given was Tommy.

There was most likely more than one killer, and, these murders had been planned for a long time and were executions. I just cannot see 8 people being murdered for a child custody case, especially when here there are 2 separate children involved, and people that were killed that would have no connection in this regard. Besides, they really don't stand to inherit much of anything; I have heard (but not confirmed) that none of the victims had any life insurance policies.

There have been cases where multiple people were killed over custody of a child. Many in fact. The Wendy Camp case was an example of this where many family member either knew or participated in the murders of two women and a six year old child.

B who is one of FR's children would inherit 1/4 of the Rhoden's estate.

So sole custody without the threat of dad trying to take her to court for custody, plus 1/4 of grandparents estate including any life insurance they had?

I agree with hec. This was no small drama. This was planned for a long time and by multiple people. It was sophisticated

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

There was most likely more than one killer, and, these murders had been planned for a long time and were executions. I just cannot see 8 people being murdered for a child custody case, especially when here there are 2 separate children involved, and people that were killed that would have no connection in this regard. Besides, they really don't stand to inherit much of anything; I have heard (but not confirmed) that none of the victims had any life insurance policies.
I do think that the assailant(s) had to have had some type of assistance from a family member(s), possibly unbeknownst to the family member(s) at the time. I can see a child custody dispute playing a roll in this if someone felt custody of their child was going to be challenged, and they possibly felt powerless, in fighting an entire family, to retain custody.

One of Dana's sisters makes a comment on her own fb page about losing custody of a grand daughter "to some people down the road." The child ALWAYS looks very unkempt and in poor health with large dark circles under her eyes. The same sister who was possible involved with a body being found in a truck on her property. I wonder if this is the child custody LM speaks of.

I in no way mean the custody of any of the children left on the premises or gone with other family members that night. I mean custody of Dana's great niece.

I don't believe I had heard about this before. If I did, it didn't grab my atttn. From what I have heard about that sister, I am wondering why she didn't get temporary custody of the little girl. It seems to me, one of her favorite pastimes is sticking her nose in everybody else's business. SIL, other members of husband's family, etc. I could be wrong, but from what little I've read, I get the opinion she would be considered the family troublemaker : at least on her in-laws side of the family. It also strikes me as being a little odd that during the early days after the murders and before the funerals, we never heard one word from her concerning her loss, her theories, her thoughts, nothing. Almost like she didn't even exist! I know hec reminded us we can't judge a book by its cover, but I would be scared out of my wits to be in the same room with her!
Also, I can't imagine a family of eight would be murdered over a great niece and a second cousin. I have no brothers or sisters, but if somebody was interfering with my first cousin's granddaughter, I don't believe I would be in danger unless I was trying to get custody of the little girl. And then I think that the parents would be relieved for the girl to remain in the family.
Like I said before, everything concerning this case has been bizarre since the first news report broke, and I think the reasoning behind the murders, as well as the identity of the killers will also be bizarre...

I don't believe I had heard about this before. If I did, it didn't grab my atttn. From what I have heard about that sister, I am wondering why she didn't get temporary custody of the little girl. It seems to me, one of her favorite pastimes is sticking her nose in everybody else's business. SIL, other members of husband's family, etc. I could be wrong, but from what little I've read, I get the opinion she would be considered the family troublemaker : at least on her in-laws side of the family. It also strikes me as being a little odd that during the early days after the murders and before the funerals, we never heard one word from her concerning her loss, her theories, her thoughts, nothing. Almost like she didn't even exist! I know hec reminded us we can't judge a book by its cover, but I would be scared out of my wits to be in the same room with her!
Also, I can't imagine a family of eight would be murdered over a great niece and a second cousin. I have no brothers or sisters, but if somebody was interfering with my first cousin's granddaughter, I don't believe I would be in danger unless I was trying to get custody of the little girl. And then I think that the parents would be relieved for the girl to remain in the family.
Like I said before, everything concerning this case has been bizarre since the first news report broke, and I think the reasoning behind the murders, as well as the identity of the killers will also be bizarre...

I think there are only two sisters to DR, iirc? I get the impression that there may have been some tension between the sisters. I could very well be wrong, but, it just seems that way based on posts or lack of posts.

Yes, BJ is the younger sister. Other than hear anything about BJ and Dana's relationship with K, I've only heard about all the tension between K and her husband's family. Haven't even heard her side of the family Manleys or Rhodens say word one about her.

What about all the missing girls in Piketon Portsmouth New Boston and Wheelersburg it's awful funny all these girls come up missing and nobody talks about it them for girls need help also I think there's a serial killer around here but nobody wants to admit anything

Sent from my Prime10ES using Tapatalk

You need to search for their names. If they aren't posted you can add them.

I believe to connect them to one thread LE would have to say their disappearance are connected.

If any of the above information is incorrect could someone please correct.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member