OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To solve this case, you need to shy away from the bizarre (bed bugs and *advertiser censored* fighting cartels that don't exist), and refocus on the basics.

1. Who would want them dead? (money?)

2. Who would gain from having them dead?

3. Who had a grudge.

No such this as a *advertiser censored* fighting cartel.
I believe these "cartel" type groups exist. Is it related to these murders, who knows at this point. Here is some information

A U.S. Department of Agriculture agent who brought down a large cockfighting operation in Kentucky this last year stated in an affidavit that Mexican organized crime figures had frequented the cockfights there, and had even brought in a hit man to kill a cockfighter who had laundered money. Federal investigations continue to reveal cockfights can be intricate illegal gambling enterprises, often associated with the distribution of large quantities of cocaine, heroin, and meth.

http://blog.humanesociety.org/wayne/2016/02/strengthen-ohio-cockfighting-law.html

Undercover federal officers infiltrated cockfighting pits with names like the Big Blue Sportsmen’s Club and Red Bush in Kentucky recently. Special Agent Stan Wojtkonski of the U.S. Department of Agriculture declared in his affidavit supporting several of the indictments that one of the alleged perpetrators had bragged of selling roosters to members of Mexican drug cartels. He added that members of the Mexican Mafia had attended cockfights at the pit of one of the suspects.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5290848

IIRC two of these killers had military experience. He and the others trained for a couple of months simulating urban warfare using his dad's trailer house to practice entering the house where the murders took place. Some of the killers had been on the property and in the house prior to the murder.

Click here: Pamela Laverne Long Turns Herself In for Questioning of Slain Florida Couple Case - ABC News

Two of the seven suspects, 35-year-old Leonard Gonzalez Jr., and 28-year-old Donnie Ray Stallworth, had military training, police say. Stallworth worked in the Air Force's elite Special Operations Command with an aircraft maintenance squadron and Gonzalez was a former soldier in the National Guard,The Associated Press reported.

Click here: Boy, 16, Among 7 Arrested in Mysterious Murder of Florida Couple - ABC News

Since the murders last week, police have repeatedly characterized the suspects' operation as having "military precision."
Today, Morgan confirmed that some of the individuals in custody do have a history of military service.
"We have info that indicates there was a good amount of practice that was involved," said Morgan. "It was very a well-planned and well-executed operation."

Click here: Billings Children Detail Parents' Execution-Style Murder - ABC News

Police have repeatedly said that robbery was the prime motive for the deadly crime that was executed with "military precision." A single safe was taken from the home during the robbery and was later revealed to hold only some jewelry, children's medication and family documents.

Click here: Murders of Byrd and Melanie Billings - Wikipedia
Well that was weird. Told his poor, sick, father that the kids were being abused to get him to drive the car, and then killed those folks, for nothing. There's something deeper there. I don't see how their children handle living in that house, I'm not so sure that I could.

I believe these "cartel" type groups exist. Is it related to these murders, who knows at this point. Here is some information

A U.S. Department of Agriculture agent who brought down a large cockfighting operation in Kentucky this last year stated in an affidavit that Mexican organized crime figures had frequented the cockfights there, and had even brought in a hit man to kill a cockfighter who had laundered money. Federal investigations continue to reveal cockfights can be intricate illegal gambling enterprises, often associated with the distribution of large quantities of cocaine, heroin, and meth.

http://blog.humanesociety.org/wayne/2016/02/strengthen-ohio-cockfighting-law.html

Undercover federal officers infiltrated cockfighting pits with names like the Big Blue Sportsmen’s Club and Red Bush in Kentucky recently. Special Agent Stan Wojtkonski of the U.S. Department of Agriculture declared in his affidavit supporting several of the indictments that one of the alleged perpetrators had bragged of selling roosters to members of Mexican drug cartels. He added that members of the Mexican Mafia had attended cockfights at the pit of one of the suspects.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5290848

I don't believe that there's actually a cockfighting cartel though. There are people who are farmers, elected officials, mafia members, housewives, etc... who, quite possibly, all belong to the same cockfighting club. Who all, for some strange reason, enjoy betting on, and watching, two birds kill each other, but it's the ones who also have membership in the Mafia, Cartel, etc... that folks have to worry about. A kind of tiny Las Vegas, only with gamecocks instead of blackjack.

To solve this case, you need to shy away from the bizarre (bed bugs and *advertiser censored* fighting cartels that don't exist), and refocus on the basics.

1. Who would want them dead? (money?)

2. Who would gain from having them dead?

3. Who had a grudge.

No such this as a *advertiser censored* fighting cartel.

Ok I'm lost. Bed bugs?

There is also the boyfriend who's dad owns a crime scene cleanup business.

I could be mistaken, but I was thinking that in a much earlier thread it was decided the crime scene cleanup person was not the boyfriend's dad, but maybe an uncle or cousin.
:coffeews::cat::cat:

I'm still team cartel. I just can't shake it. Unless it was someone in either the military or crime scene clean up.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Haha! And I'm sure LE isn't too eager to provide that info to the public. So I guess we'll just keep on keeping on.

Yeah, sometimes Charlie sounds very set on whatever theories he has that we aren't privy to. Other times, I wouldn't believe him if he told me the sun was shining, without checking first. Most of the time, I'd just like to smack him in the face with a big, sticky pie.:stormingmad:

It's still nagging at my brain that someone had said he felt this case had been in the planning for at least a year. That is driving me crazy that I can no longer find any link to back it up. So, therefore, I will say that it's my theory that it's been in the planning for at least a year.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the murder(s) turn out to be someone we least expect.

I believe it was AG Mike who said that early on.

He stands out. He's not part of CR1's nuclear family. Neither was GR, but I think he was possibly killed only b/c he was living there at the trailer. They went out of their way to get KR.
IMO, Not being part of the nuclear family does not matter when cousins feel like brothers and sisters.

IMO, Not being part of the nuclear family does not matter when cousins feel like brothers and sisters.

I agree with you, and it's caused me to study on why the other family members are still alive. Like KR's son, just a few hundred feet away, or, BJM, who was there every day, had to be privy to some things going on in the family, and is not only a sister to DR, but was kind of an adopted Rhoden. Why not JM who is DR's brother, and also lives on UHR, iirc? If one brother, KR had to go, why not the remaining brother, TR? Was HG just in the wrong place? I have puzzled it over and over, and I'm not 100% sold on any one theory. It could also have been everyone dear to DR. Her immediate family, as retaliation for something, or to cause hurt to her remaining family, and GR was in the wrong place, and KR was murdered b/c he'd have known the assailant(s). It's way down on my list of theories, but I've toyed with the thought.

I know it's been discounted..... But murder-suicide still nags in my head.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Are the Hatfield's and McCoy's in that area descendants of the original fueding Hatfield's and McCoy's?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Interesting question, I am not sure. However the original Hatfield and McCoy fued took place at the West Virginia and Kentucky line. So very sad. Started over the two males head of households fighting over a pig. It's interesting!

Interesting question, I am not sure. However the original Hatfield and McCoy fued took place at the West Virginia and Kentucky line. So very sad. Started over the two males head of households fighting over a pig. It's interesting!
Yes I have read about it and seen the movie, very sad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Question for everyone. Do you think the murderers are following and reading here? IMO if the perps are locals, family, friends, neighbors, coworkers or employers, then I think they are probably reading everything in these threads. Which totally creeps me out :doorhide:

Question for everyone. Do you think the murderers are following and reading here? IMO if the perps are locals, family, friends, neighbors, coworkers or employers, then I think they are probably reading everything in these threads. Which totally creeps me out :doorhide:
Probably, which will just help them get caught because of IP addresses of everyone who is following. They are weirdos so who knows.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I know it's been discounted..... But murder-suicide still nags in my head.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Yes! For the longest time I couldn't get that out of my head. Now I can't get out of my head that it involves someone who changed their plans that night. From reading a recent post I think someone else has the same idea I do.

I agree with you, and it's caused me to study on why the other family members are still alive. Like KR's son, just a few hundred feet away, or, BJM, who was there every day, had to be privy to some things going on in the family, and is not only a sister to DR, but was kind of an adopted Rhoden. Why not JM who is DR's brother, and also lives on UHR, iirc? If one brother, KR had to go, why not the remaining brother, TR? Was HG just in the wrong place? I have puzzled it over and over, and I'm not 100% sold on any one theory. It could also have been everyone dear to DR. Her immediate family, as retaliation for something, or to cause hurt to her remaining family, and GR was in the wrong place, and KR was murdered b/c he'd have known the assailant(s). It's way down on my list of theories, but I've toyed with the thought.

One theory I have been playing with is that the primary targets were CR1, FR and KR. That the killers went to DR's first because CR1 was supposed to be there and killed DR and kids to keep them from alerting him before hunting for him at the other trailer. DR's decision to work a double was probably a last minute decision that the killers would not have known about and would not have anticipated.

This theory hinges on the questions: Would CR1 have been at DR's if DR had not worked a double that night? Was that where he would normally have been?

If so then GR would not have been killed at all.

And if this theory is not correct then that means the killers had up to the minute knowledge where everyone was and whether they worked a double or not. If so then this means the killers were close enough to the family to have been informed of DR's last minute decision to work over that night.

Also was that call that DR got at work that night that upset her from CR1 telling her he was not going to be home when she got home that night, but was instead staying at the trailer with GR?

One other question would be did DR tell anyone else other than kids and CR1 about having to work over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak