OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Either he doesn't know what he is talking about or he doesn't tell us everything. I am choosing the latter. Jmo

I have to wonder if he's not waiting for someone to come forward and say "so and so told me so and so did it" They want a witness or something other than heresay

Well, I am a little wishy-washy when it comes to Charlie. Sometimes it seems like he has most all the answers to the questions people want answered. Other times, I don't believe he knows squat. Lately, I feel like he's just giving the same old tired answers, just switching the words around.

I don't think they know anything, I don't think they have any leads. Not blaming them, if there is nothing to go on then there's nothing to be had. I wish there was something, maybe they need to bring in a new/different set of eyes and show everything they have at this point.

One of the things that has bothered me was the windows of the trailers/camper being covered/boarded up before they were moved. That could have been done at the facility they were hauled to, they were wrapped after hauling. I see mobile homes being transported and never have the windows covered, I see boats transported that are wrapped. Just thought it odd that it was done before moved. jmo

I think it was done to keep out any before they got them moved.

Well, I am a little wishy-washy when it comes to Charlie. Sometimes it seems like he has most all the answers to the questions people want answered. Other times, I don't believe he knows squat. Lately, I feel like he's just giving the same old tired answers, just switching the words around.

It does seem that way. Maybe that's all he can give out right now though. It's such a complicated case. At least it seems to be to me, as a layperson.

IIRC from remarks late last year, DeWine and Reader aren't on the same page when it comes to drug involvement. DeWine thought drugs had something to do with it. Reader seems to go back and forth.

IMO, it's a highly unusual, methodical killing, one that usually only occurs in relation to some kind of organized crime. Perps planned well in advance and managed to remove much of the evidence. IMO, with so many people killed in multiple locations in a couple hours time, with multiple guns, lots of ammo and likely with silencers - these were likely professionals or semi-pros.

With so much drug trading, growing and manufacturing in this area and having violence that moves out into surrounding areas, it's likely some kind of organized crime.

From the first hours, LE has locked down all evidence and information relating to the case. Nearly total media blackout. With the exception of the infants/small children, LE has shown little respect or concern for the victims and their families. They've shown little concern for the safety of the community at large, never making an attempt to meet with citizens they serve to reassure them or offer support. I'm not a pro, but it seems like they could use some outside advice on building a better rapport with the community to get the information they need.

I'm not sure if LE knows who the killers are. The people who know that are dead. LE probably knows who in town might know something about it, and are frustrated they're not talking. Can't say I blame them, they would be putting themselves and their families at risk with no hope of protection from LE if they do talk. Those murders sent a big, loud message to the people in that region, as the killers intended. Anyone who knows anything must not feel safe enough to go to LE with information, or they would have by now. Why are people afraid to talk? That's an important question.

Small town justice can be pretty swift. If it was a disgruntled ex or boyfriend or jealous neighbor/relative who pulled this off, they would have been arrested and charged by now. Crimes of passion usually leave some evidence, poor people can't afford good lawyers and backwoods prosecutors don't usually have to bring forth a mountain of evidence to get the verdict they want from a local jury.

I feel badly for the people who live in that area. I hope this is resolved soon, but I'm not sure it will be. I still wish outside LE pros were in charge.

Also, for those Rhoden homes where victims weren't killed in their sleep (CR1 & GR, possibly others), why couldn't the perps gain entry by dressing as LE (from a federal or state agency) with fake badges and real guns, knocking on the door? It's worked before, many times.

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for keeping this case alive on Websleuths. We know how difficult it is to continue a discussion without much of anything new in the case.

Let me discuss with you the verification of process on Websleuths.

I cannot talk about specifics when it comes to why we decide not to verify a certain poster but I can tell you in general terms what happens.

The last thing we want to do at Websleuths is to have a poster become verified in a case when in reality it would not be a good idea for said poster to post anything about the case.

It could be a safety issue, perhaps it's an issue with law enforcement, could be that someone's information might hamper the investigation if it is revealed and so on. There are more reasons but you get the picture.

Just because someone posts about being verified and then you see they are not verified does not mean they were making anything up. In fact, since we have started the verification process we have yet to find someone who lied to us about who they are in regards to the case. The verification process works.

Please keep this in mind.

Thank you,

Tricia

Can anyone think of another case where a woman became angry at a man, killed him, then quickly went to recruit a helper to kill seven other people in 3 different homes, mostly in their sleep, while being careful to remove all security cameras, cell phones and leave little or no evidence at the multiple murder scenes, all in under 2-3 hours?

I'm still going with Occam's Razor on this case.

Good call Betty, the "scorned gf theory" is one that i feel is way out there. It leaves to question, why not just him, and why all the children, why not the rest of his family that he was close to ??? Seems like they would have to go Way out of their way, and in the wrong direction. jmo

Welcome 1othefew! Not sure if this is against TOS, but I'm very curious as to what you as a local who knew these people think happened? Feel free to be as vague as you want, or to not answer at all. I've been following this case since the very beginning and have no plans of stopping until I see that justice has been served and these killers get what's coming to them. My condolences and prayers to you and everyone else affected by this terrible tragedy.

Wishing for justice too, I'd say most of the locals are too worried they'll guess right and put their self in danger tho. Some may say drugs, while LE says personal, but the Rhodens were such good people, it leaves our heads spinning... To have a "personal issue" with all 8 victims really stumps ones thinking.

Hey guys I posted in the beginning and have just been watching for a while. Anyway I've read mostly everything and I'm sure someone has been over this so sorry if I missed it. I have a question and two theories based on the answer to the question.

In the first week or 2 of the investigation they had a dive team in one location. Which location was it union hill or left fork?

I am assuming they would have been looking for a murder weapon, but with this case who knows could've been another body or grandpas watch. Assuming that it was left fork that would lead me to believe that KR was killed last. If it's on union hill KR was probably first.

Second theory is with the way authorities have handled this maybe they tried something like this. It would be possible that if their main suspect at that time lived in that area they just dove in the pond to watch and if the suspect would get excited and make a call or something.

Anyone thoughts or or previous threads?

1othefew is allowed to have a theory like the rest of us.

1othefew what is your THEORY on all of this?

1othefew is allowed to have a theory like the rest of us.

1othefew what is your THEORY on all of this?

Thank you Iron, but I'm not sure I have a set theory. I'd def lean more toward the drugs being an issue than a scorned woman though. As someone recently posted, (and i agreed) I feel if it was a "passion kill" it would have been less organized and the one responsible would have been caught by now, not to mention the over kill of eight people. Also they would have to hire help for all that, it's not like they were all sleeping in one room. jmo as to your other statement tho, i dont remember reading about a dive team searching anywhere ? pretty sure there's not much water in the area but let me know if you find that quote.

I lean towards something very personal and drugs and cash gave the person extra incentive to commit this crime.

I lean towards something very personal and drugs and cash gave the person extra incentive to commit this crime.
I lean the same way, I believe everyone had to go, as anyone left alive would know who was responsible.

1 of, in one of my theories, a family member was present at the murders. I see no other reason for covering CRsr with a sheet other than some kind of remorse. In this theory of mine, they were used as a look-out or to point out where victims were located. Another theory is someone spent the night and let murders in. I just can't figure out what excuse was used to keep other people away from the Rhoden homes that night. What's your theory on this?

1 of, in one of my theories, a family member was present at the murders. I see no other reason for covering CRsr with a sheet other than some kind of remorse. In this theory of mine, they were used as a look-out or to point out where victims were located. Another theory is someone spent the night and let murders in. I just can't figure out what excuse was used to keep other people away from the Rhoden homes that night. What's your theory on this?

What if the murders were in all the locations before everyone went to sleep. I don't remember ever seeing Chris being covered by a sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx