OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To my knowledge, the 2006 murder (link below) has NOT been connected to the Rhoden murders.* BUT it's a good example of Pike County not being able to solve murders.* The people there seem very reluctant to share things with LE. Interesting.

http://www.wsaz.com/home/headlines/AG-Seeks-Leads-in-Piketon-Cold-Case-Doulbe-Murder-182214161.html

EXCERPT BELOW

Jennifer Burgette and her fiance, Curtis Francis, were shot while they were asleep in the home they shared on Hopper Road in Piketon in December of 2006.

Authorities say they believe more than one person witnessed the murders and that the person responsible likely knew the couple.

Pike County, Ohio Sheriff Richard Henderson says he is hoping to be able to finally give the families of the victims some closure.

Henderson says the detectives who worked on this case have exhausted all leads.

To my knowledge, the 2006 murder (link below) has NOT been connected to the Rhoden murders.* BUT it's a good example of Pike County not being able to solve murders.* The people there seem very reluctant to share things with LE. Interesting.

http://www.wsaz.com/home/headlines/AG-Seeks-Leads-in-Piketon-Cold-Case-Doulbe-Murder-182214161.html

EXCERPT BELOW

Jennifer Burgette and her fiance, Curtis Francis, were shot while they were asleep in the home they shared on Hopper Road in Piketon in December of 2006.

Authorities say they believe more than one person witnessed the murders and that the person responsible likely knew the couple.

Pike County, Ohio Sheriff Richard Henderson says he is hoping to be able to finally give the families of the victims some closure.

Henderson says the detectives who worked on this case have exhausted all leads.

BBM

But yet it is almost word for word as the Newsomes, Rhodens, and Eapmon cases. Shot while in bed asleep, victims likely knew the killer/killers.

I don't know if the Rhoden murders are connected to the other similar murders in that area.
I mean, the similarities are pretty striking, but IMO the Rhodens were murdered by someone in their close circle.
Do the Rhodens have any sort of connection to the other murder victims?

I don't know if the Rhoden murders are connected to the other similar murders in that area.
I mean, the similarities are pretty striking, but IMO the Rhodens were murdered by someone in their close circle.
Do the Rhodens have any sort of connection to the other murder victims?

I don't believe we know of any serious connections. Not sure exactly what we can say on here I remember reading somewhere (probably not credible) kids from one case may have known kids from another. However that's nothing that connects them it's a small area could have been sports or school something totally unrelated. This is why my theory is a user or dealer that knew each family separately. So the only connection in my theory is the killer/s. It's normal for extremely addictive drug users to have many avenues to obtain what's needed.

BBM

But yet it is almost word for word as the Newsomes, Rhodens, and Eapmon cases. Shot while in bed asleep, victims likely knew the killer/killers.

Yet local LE and BCI haven't been able to solve any of these murders, in an area where population is low. I wonder if, as with the Rhoden family, local LE and BCI have shut federal investigators out of the investigation. You would think with all these unsolved killings they would bring some outside experts into the case, more than just to run a few lab tests.

IIRC from reading articles about the Eapmon and Newsome cases, one thing they had in common was that each was a former drug dealer/consumer and had recently been busted by and in contact with local law enforcement.

:gasp::cuckoo:I agree the hitman theory doesn't seem to fit this crime. And, as a nurse, I guarentee there are things in the autopsy reports known only by the killers. But not nearly as much as has been blacked out. I agree there has been a great deal of stalling by LE and the court system in Pike County. Whether it has to do with sensitive autopsy info, or somebody(s) just not wanting this solved, I don't know.
And yes, Junk needs to be put out of office. If he was receiving threats, then he should have contacted state officials for help, and removed himself from that case. He appears totally spineless, in my opinion. Obviously he needs a job other than one court related. He seems to be in way over his head! And, I am wondering what became of the pot. Did he let them have that back, too?! That entire situation is absolutely bizarre.
:gasp::cuckoo::cuckoo:

As you're a nurse, I'm glad to hear you say that. I was just re-reading those autopsy reports the other day and, as a layman WS'er, I can't recall seeing autopsies with such extensive redactions.

Reading some of the old news articles I recall being shocked at how quickly the crime scene and all information about the case and anyone around it was shut off from the media and the general public. From the 911 call and arrival of the first officers at the scene, all information about the case was immediately blocked. I mean, how many months was it before they even let the general public drive down UHR? IMO, that can only mean one thing: they knew immediately why it happened and who likely did it.

The whole case has been handled in an most unusual way. Well, unusual if you're not from Ohio.

ETA: and within the first 24-48 hrs, two retired DEA agents talked to the news media about the case, stating that it was a professional job and could be drug related. Why would two experts quickly volunteer that information in the news media? IMO, may be because, from past experience, they know southern Ohio is a place where federal experts are stiff armed when it comes to drug related investigations and drug related murders don't get solved there.
JMO.

People keep saying, "Somebody knows something" about this crime.

There are many possible reasons why people don't come forward with information when a crime has been committed. I made a list of a few potential reasons (not necessarily specific to this case) why people won't tell what they know:

They were paid to keep quiet
Afraid of retaliation by perp
Afraid LE can't protect them from perp
Afraid LE will actually protect the perp
Perp is a member of LE
Perp won't be prosecuted
A corrupt jusice system won't convict perp
Corruption goes way beyond the local level.

Yet local LE and BCI haven't been able to solve any of these murders, in an area where population is low. I wonder if, as with the Rhoden family, local LE and BCI have shut federal investigators out of the investigation. You would think with all these unsolved killings they would bring some outside experts into the case, more than just to run a few lab tests.

IIRC from reading articles about the Eapmon and Newsome cases, one thing they had in common was that each was a former drug dealer/consumer and had recently been busted by and in contact with local law enforcement.

We don't know that the Rhoden's hadn't gotten popped and agreed to work for LE. That's one of my top three. That someone knew the Rhodens had gotten popped, were an acquaintance, and saw that at some point they'd be outed, and maybe they didn't think they'd fair well in prison.

We don't know that the Rhoden's hadn't gotten popped and agreed to work for LE. That's one of my top three. That someone knew the Rhodens had gotten popped, were an acquaintance, and saw that at some point they'd be outed, and maybe they didn't think they'd fair well in prison.

I agree it seems like someone inside LE has to be involved. My thought is this. I'm doing massive amounts of (insert illegal activities here) someone gets arrested and I hear they are talking, then their dead I'm #1 suspect. X3 (or however many) if Ohio or Kentucky has the death penalty your getting it. They still have to prove I'm responsible but it still seems risky to me.

That's really interesting. I don't remember seeing newsome was busted prior. I never dug into newsome to much mostly what's mentioned here and a few searches a while back.

I agree it seems like someone inside LE has to be involved. My thought is this. I'm doing massive amounts of (insert illegal activities here) someone gets arrested and I hear they are talking, then their dead I'm #1 suspect. X3 (or however many) if Ohio or Kentucky has the death penalty your getting it. They still have to prove I'm responsible but it still seems risky to me.

Not if the information was blind to everyone else, except the person who might end up doing time. The Rhoden's might not have realized that working w/LE was going out anyone who'd be dangerous, and LE may not have even suspected someone in their midst might be outed. This isn't exactly how I see it b/c I don't see the Rhoden's moving in circles this large. One of my theories is that I think they maybe did get into something more than pot, and got in over their heads. Either from snitching or some sort of deal gone really bad. Possibly a dirty LEO(s) involved but not necessarily from Pike County.

This was amazing.
http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...oked-narcotics-cops-david-hansberry/86604700/

As was the Rhodens, selling pot that we know for sure, maybe harder stuff. The other one Burgette/Francis, I think I read somewhere they also were involved with drugs, can't remember where I read it though. Maybe someone else on here can.

I have followed this from the beginning.
It's gotten to a point this is being lost in the blame LE shuffle. They had a few who have done things that were questionable. BUT I didn't think WS allowed a page just to bash LE? Am I wrong ?
Someone out there knows something and until they speak up this will sit here! Stalled!

It's gotten to a point this is being lost in the blame LE shuffle. They had a few who have done things that were questionable. BUT I didn't think WS allowed a page just to bash LE? Am I wrong ?
Someone out there knows something and until they speak up this will sit here! Stalled!

There are many theories being discussed here. A lot of them are based on similar unsolved, drug related murders that happened in the area. The general idea is that somewhere along the line, CR1, KR, et al inadvertently got themselves into a situation where they were either talking to LE or someone thought they were. That means perps were either dealers/bosses or corrupt LE.

The case has been handled in an unusual fashion from the beginning. The counties and communities in this region have a decades long history of substantial illegal drug activity. It's also seen some cases of unusual practices by LE. These threads (and the media thread) contain links to various articles about illegal activity by some LE and those close to them. The current Pike County sheriff was hired after the previous one was embroiled in scandal. It's no secret, it seems to be part and parcel of the culture in SE Ohio.

Here's one example from a story in 2011 about Pain Clinics in the area that were fueling the OxyContin drug epidemic. One of these pain clinics was run by the wife of a Scioto County sheriff's deputy. Half of the Rhoden family killings took place in Scioto County.

Prescription drug epidemic brings Southern Ohio county to its knees

http://www.cleveland.com/open/index.ssf/2011/02/prescription_drug_epidemic_bri.html

Four Pike County deputies run afoul of the law in recent years

http://www.wcpo.com/news/state/stat...deputies-run-afoul-of-the-law-in-recent-years

There are a lot of problems in this region. It's a highly unusual case, being handled in an unusual manner, so every theory deserves some consideration.

Most LE is honorable. Maybe one or two bad apples in the department. But there are too many decent LEs involved in this case for there not to be leaks or out right whistle blowers. I think things are being kept under wraps because until LE has the proof and can arrest all the bad people, too many innocents are in danger.

I say this with all honesty. LEOs have my utmost respect. My intention is to keep an open mind. I have 4 theories that do not involve LE whatsoever. My mind is remains open. No disrespect or bashing intended.

I say this with all honesty. LEOs have my utmost respect. My intention is to keep an open mind. I have 4 theories that do not involve LE whatsoever. My mind is remains open. No disrespect or bashing intended.[/QUOTE

You are right to keep LE involvement as a theory. I was overreacting to my fear that there could be LE involved in this. I had to calm myself by typing words :) I need to grow up.

I completely understand. No offense taken. Its great we can always share ideas here. Sometimes I re-read my own posts and realize it didn't come across the way I intended. I hope it's solved soon.

I say this with all honesty. LEOs have my utmost respect. My intention is to keep an open mind. I have 4 theories that do not involve LE whatsoever. My mind is remains open. No disrespect or bashing intended.[/QUOTE

You are right to keep LE involvement as a theory. I was overreacting to my fear that there could be LE involved in this. I had to calm myself by typing words :) I need to grow up.

Couple of my theories:

Current LE isn't involved, but perhaps former LE participated.

Current LE isn't involved, but knows who is and for whatever reason, feels obligated to protect those who were. Kind of the "Boss Hogg" theory.

I'm also keeping my mind open to the idea that any LE involvement, knowledge or obfuscation doesn't necessarily mean it's Pike County. This could be a problem with LE in other counties, even state level. As we've discussed before, it may include others who are part of the criminal justice system.

Just trying to keep an open mind here. I hope it's none of the above.

I'm not pointing the finger specifically at Pike LE, or naming names, but, like the link I posted shows, it happens, more times than we'd like to think, and I feel that it's one, of a few, possible theories to consider. It's not just Pike County, or just in Ohio. It's in other places too, and has been for years. I've followed from the beginning too, and I'm just here theorizing, like everyone else.

http://www.nytimes.com/1986/03/29/us/drug-case-rocks-political-establishment-in-a-kentucky-town.html

http://www.wdrb.com/story/30047174/...cted-on-drug-charges-linked-to-mexican-cartel

http://abc7.com/news/crooked-los-angeles-county-sheriffs-deputy-breaks-silence/354150/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove