OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about the U.S. but it was said this was the largest mass murder in Ohio. Also the pictures and what not are not on the Sheriff's Office website, his Facebook.
One year ago at this time they were all alive, living their lives. I look back, read things over again. Then I look at some of the smiling family in DR's flipogram for HRs baby shower. Although the videos there are very short, you can get a glimpse of their contentment. I can't help but smile seeing LM happy. If they only knew the horror that would take place such a short time later in that very home.

Flipgrams... I was looking at them last night again. I'm not sure but one looks like is was FRs home and the one from the baby shower we assume is DRs. Kinda gives an actual idea of the layouts.

If we are comparing these cases, then I'll bring up the Eapmon case. Did anyone notice that just 10 months after he was paroled from prison (June 1, 2015), he and his girlfriend are dead? (April 6, 2016). How did he get back in the game so fast? Rumors are he was some kind of informant to have gotten out early.
Agencies listed in his 2010 arrest with 3 others are: Northern Ky Drug Strike Force, Tri State Police, FBI Safe Streets Task Force, Boone, Erlanger, Fort Mitchell, and Grant Co Strike Force agents. (The first 3 were used in apprehension of Thomas Biddle in August of 2016 who had worked for Doug Eapmon, and may have been the juvenile that was with Eapmon in his 2010 arrest.)
A valuable item was stolen from the Eapmon home. What was it? What was worth the lives of 2 people?
I don't know what's going on, but to me it looks like LE or the powers that be are after someone "bigger" or something bigger that connects all these cases. Newsomes, Billy Harper, The Rhoden's could go back even further. All JMO.

Can't link from this device, there's an article at the AP about the case being at the court by news to release the unredacted autopsy reports.

Also saying that they are looking at more then one suspect. Jmo

Interesting that family members didn't want some information released.

This is an interesting piece. Says family didn't want some of the information released and, in my mind, it's possibly implying some may have sustained other injuries. That is not a direct quote from anyone who would actually know this information but I guess I haven't thought about any other injuries as I'd always just hoped it happened quickly and instant. It's hard to believe we're coming up on a year and we really don't have any more information.

This is an interesting piece. Says family didn't want some of the information released and, in my mind, it's possibly implying some may have sustained other injuries. That is not a direct quote from anyone who would actually know this information but I guess I haven't thought about any other injuries as I'd always just hoped it happened quickly and instant. It's hard to believe we're coming up on a year and we really don't have any more information.

I was thinking the same thing. I also can't believe that no one in the family and/or family friends have leaked any of the info that was in the autopsies...yet. People love to talk, no matter the circumstances. I would assume that tabloids/news/etc. have offered money to these family members in exchange for info-money talks-very strange to me that money hasn't made these people talk. Not sure what to make of that?! JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would look at family and I would start with BR. Just call in for a friendly talk and ask him to take a polyograph.

When will the court let its decision about the autopsies be known?

I was thinking the same thing. I also can't believe that no one in the family and/or family friends have leaked any of the info that was in the autopsies...yet. People love to talk, no matter the circumstances. I would assume that tabloids/news/etc. have offered money to these family members in exchange for info-money talks-very strange to me that money hasn't made these people talk. Not sure what to make of that?! JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've not given that any thought either, paying family for info. Now I'm wondering how much more info is actually known by family and others close to them.

I would look at family and I would start with BR. Just call in for a friendly talk and ask him to take a polyograph.

He has been on my mind as a possibility. One of the reasons can't be discussed on this site due to the source.

This autopsy business. Can anyone tell me how it would jeopardize this excuse of an investigation? If they are ordered to release there will be no photos. According to the law, in Ohio pictures are all that can be held back as I understand it. Early on I did not want them out, but now, yes.
Whomever did these crimes knows what they did to each person. I personally cannot see how it would jeopardize the case.

Like some here, I am intrigued now as to what other injuries were inflicted. What on earth could it be they don't want released?
I wonder if it ever occurred to DeWine and LE, if they had not clammed up giving honest updates, maybe folks would not be so interested and trying to decipher every little detail. It's been almost a year!

Interesting that family members didn't want some information released.

I've been thinking on that. Our family is pretty private, however, if I thought that there was a chance, that releasing the full autopsy data, would catch the person(s) who murdered my family, then I'd want it released. However, if I were a member of the family who might later receive some sort of intense questioning, b/c of what info might come into LE, based on the data that was released, then I'd most likely try to keep it private. Not saying anyone in the family is guilty of murder, only saying that there have already been a couple of family members who have been scrutinized. They may wish not to be scrutinized any further if someone reads the redacted autopsy information and something "clicks". I hope that makes sense.

This autopsy business. Can anyone tell me how it would jeopardize this excuse of an investigation? If they are ordered to release there will be no photos. According to the law, in Ohio pictures are all that can be held back as I understand it. Early on I did not want them out, but now, yes.
Whomever did these crimes knows what they did to each person. I personally cannot see how it would jeopardize the case.

Like some here, I am intrigued now as to what other injuries were inflicted. What on earth could it be they don't want released?
I wonder if it ever occurred to DeWine and LE, if they had not clammed up giving honest updates, maybe folks would not be so interested and trying to decipher every little detail. It's been almost a year!

Just looking at the redacted reports, in the way that they were redacted, lets the imagination run wild. Idk if they redacted it to try and be coy, or if there was actually some real, well-founded reason behind it being pertinent to the case. I mean, if it will not help with the case, the autopsy is your final medical record, and I'm fine w/them not being released. However, if there was body mutilation of some type then, yes, I think it should be released at this point. Maybe it could be connected to another case in that way. Maybe it will "click" with someone who hadn't thought of something they'd heard, as being pertinent, in the past. My only reason not to release is due to privacy and I think that at this point, these poor folks have little privacy left. Some of us probably know as much about them as some of their neighbors, and maybe some of their kin, so privacy is pretty much out the window, except for that last medical document. I just feel like I'm invading that last shred of privacy. If they release it, I'll likely read it though. I just feel bad for them, but if it will help catch who did this then I'm for releasing them.

Pike County coroner says it was legal advice that ruled the decision to redact the information in the Rhoden Family autopsies

http://www.dispatch.com/news/201703...dvice-not-families-led-to-redacting-autopsies

But Kessler said in a deposition filed on Tuesday with the Ohio Supreme Court that it was the advice of legal counsel, including the state attorney general's office, that directed how redactions were made in the autopsy reports for the seven adults and one teenager who were shot to death in four homes near Piketon on April 22, 2016.

It was DeWine's office who made the decision to heavily redact the autopsy reports, not the surviving family members. He did so because he says its necessary to protect the investigation.

As much sympathy as the coroners may have had for the families, that's not usually how Ohio LE rolls.

Though we should assume it's happened, it would be interesting to know if the family did receive full information from the reports.

ETA: In looking at the other news reports stating the redaction decision was made on behalf of the families, does the Pike County coroner's deposition stating it was DeWine's decision indicate a divergence from the AG's opinion about this case?

The way I understood the article and deposition was this was at the very beginning that it was decided. Now it's been almost a year, I would like to here how the families feel about this. This is has been called the " Worst Mass Murder" in Ohio's history. Why hasn't some "rag" magazine or paper sought out to find a leak of info? If this were some celebrity they'd have helicophter's (sp), people in bushes, going through people's garbage. And let's face it, there are some out there that would take money for their story and compliants. I know the "locals" don't want to talk, but it's weird they haven't found someone.
I would like to see someone interview a R family member and get their take on what has been said about these autopsies and "them" not wanting their release.

Have the mobile homes been given back to the families yet? I wonder if what LE was looking for ever showed up in them. I wonder if LE was just trying to make the murderers nervous enough to make a mistake. I wonder why they are keeping the autopsies from the public. The murderers know how they died.

I am getting so frustrated I want to stomp away but I'm addicted to this crime. Has it gone to the FBI yet? That's where it belongs.

I wonder why the AR's have been so heavily redacted....
What could there possibly be written in them that we, the public, can't see?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaveyJ