OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondered when this was going to come up, thanks for posting!

It's unfortunate that the Rhoden case brought this to public light. That speaks a volume of its own, because apparently until now, LE statewide apparently could decide if an autopsy got released or not, and no one would be the wiser.
I am stepping away from the case, and looking at the law itself concerning release of autopsies, not any one in particular.
This law needs to be specific for the state for many cases which will sadly come. LE no where should be allowed to adjust laws to suit their wants at a given time. LE and attorneys and judges are sworn to uphold laws in their home state as they are written. I certainly don't want the defense team scoring a point or worse, getting any case dismissed because LE failed to follow the law. It's probably happened.

In a side note...considering this has came to a head over the Rhoden case, and DeWine putting up such a major argument not to release them... I am getting a queasy feeling there is something in at least one of those autopsies of something occurring to at least one victim they REALLY don't want out to the public. If it is gun shot wounds and nothing more why such a big fuss over it?

BBM
No matter what branch of gov't it is, it can have corruption in it. I'm not pointing fingers at any one branch but I think that this is a good thing that the Ohio Supreme Court is reviewing this.

I agree w/you. I, as I've said before, am a private person and believe these to be their final, private, medical records, however if it is nothing more than gunshot wounds, I don't see why LE and Dewine are having such an issue over releasing them. I feel there's something there that's very pertinent to this case that they do not want released. I may be wrong and they may just be playing things very close to the vest and/or protecting the victim's privacy.

Has reading the book given you any ideas that would help in trying to figure out the motive in these murders? Just curious. (I love reading that stuff too.)

This book, IMO, is a good read, much better than Douglas's "Mind Hunter." I've gotten no new ideas about the Rhoden murders. Rather, the book info supports a couple of the theories discussed on WS and other websites. The below excerpt is what got me thinking about the Rhoden murderer(s) most probably completed FBI profile.
In ch 5, Douglas discusses John List who in Dec, 1971, murdered his wife, mother, and 3 children, disappeared, started a new life under an assumed name, and was finally arrested in 1989.
"....this was not a mass execution. Each member of his family was killed separately, at a different
time and under a different circumstance than the others."
I think we can surely assume that the FBI has provided a profile on the Rhoden killer(s).

excerpt taken from:
John Douglas and Mark Olshaker, "The Anatomy of Motive," p205

Can someone inform me if CRsr is HR's father.? Was she shot one time
while sleeping with her brother? (and the baby)...thants...

Hanna Rhoden was the daughter of Chris SR and Dana Rhoden.

I'm not sure where you are getting that she was sleeping with her brother? I haven't seen that in any MSM articles. Perhaps you could kindly link us to your source.

Oh I do so love to read! These titles you speak of may draw me to the Kindle store, where I will find said book for immediate access and not come out for the duration of the read! I wonder if reading too much is a real addiction... I am afraid to Google it because I do it!

Hanna Rhoden was the daughter of Chris SR and Dana Rhoden.

I'm not sure where you are getting that she was sleeping with her brother? I haven't seen that in any MSM articles. Perhaps you could kindly link us to your source.

I think the confusion is that Frankie Rhoden's fiancé was Hannah Gilley and his sister was Hanna Rhoden. Hannah Gilley was in bed witjh Frankie Rhoden.

Does that make it true?
I found that piece to be insulting to the Rhodens and everyone that lives around there.

I thought that if it came from an article we could consider it. And you like everyone else are entitled to your own opinion. I'm just trying find out what happened in these horrible murders and not an agruement about anything,

I am willing to confess that I am more than likely mistaken about HR
and her brother...There was no intent to connect brother and sister in
some type of abnormal relations.....So, where was CRjr when he slain??

WHIO yet again. In the 28 minute video, Geneva Rhoden, the mother of Christopher Sr. and Kenneth Rhoden, pleaded for someone to come forward with information about the murders.

http://www.whio.com/news/local/pike...-plea-for-information/XlpMkrZlZTlhU2QK4MglIK/

That's difficult to watch. Their grief is heart-rending. I hope someone is helping them with counseling and support. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to live with crippling grief, unfair public shaming and fear that anything they say could put their own lives in danger. It doesn't get much worse than that.

I wish there were some way to make sure they're getting the help they need. Anyone going to make a donation to the reward fund at Crime Stoppers?

From the link

To make a donation to the reward fund, write a check for Southern Ohio Crime Stoppers. In the memo line, indicate your donation is for the Rhoden,Gilley and Manley murders. Checks can be mailed to: Deputy Dave Weber, c/o: Ross County Sheriff's Office, 28 North Paint St., Chillicothe, Ohio 45601.

I am willing to confess that I am more than likely mistaken about HR
and her brother...There was no intent to connect brother and sister in
some type of abnormal relations.....So, where was CRjr when he slain??

Chris Jr and Hanna R lived with their mother - Dana R. about a mile from Chris Sr.
They were all in their separate bedrooms.

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another news article

PIKE COUNTY SHERIFF: ‘We are getting closer. We will find you.’

http://www.whio.com/news/crime--law...-closer-will-find-you/NSwhRYtJEqT8nK0zQQaG2M/

More a brief summary of the case and the lates press conference by Ohio AG and Sheriff Reader.

One year anniversary video about the case and victims

http://www.whio.com/news/crime--law...-closer-will-find-you/NSwhRYtJEqT8nK0zQQaG2M/

Drone video of crime scenes today

I have a question. Why after almost a year are the children still in foster care? I mean in one of the articles it said that family has visitation. Which family members? I think Leonard Manley said he was seeing them, and I think maybe Tony Rhoden. That just leaves the Gilley family. Just which family are they being protected from? I would think the Gilley family would be seeing them since Ruger is a Gilley and a "rumor" of Kylie being a Gilley to. (FB)

I have a question. Why after almost a year are the children still in foster care? I mean in one of the articles it said that family has visitation. Which family members? I think Leonard Manley said he was seeing them, and I think maybe Tony Rhoden. That just leaves the Gilley family. Just which family are they being protected from? I would think the Gilley family would be seeing them since Ruger is a Gilley and a "rumor" of Kylie being a Gilley to. (FB)

I don't know much about this situation but foster care is slow. Cases are usually only reviewed every 6 months or so. I am surprised that no one within the family was given the chance to become foster parents for the kids.

That's what my husband and I did with my cousin. We became licensed foster parents so he could stay in the family. You still have to pass certain criteria though.

Hi. Could someone tell me how we can make donations to increase the reward or eventually help the family in a useful way? Thanks

Hi. Could someone tell me how we can make donations to increase the reward or eventually help the family in a useful way? Thanks

Answer was given earlier. Post 750

Amaretto. Where does Kylie fit in this situation? I was under the impression
that Kylie is HR's baby name,thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads