OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I found this " Postpardum with________________ healing uterine lining." I looked it up online. I know that post=after but I'm not a doctor/nurse and have a limited background in medical terms ( worked for healthcare agency once). I found something that said it only took a few weeks after a birth for the uterine lining to heal. HHG's child was 6 month's old, so this wasn't from his birth. But, like I said, I don't have the background to answer the question of what that statement meant. So I put it on here hoping that someone would.
Since our info is so limited I couldn't check that. Rumors of course are running all around and some have been true. But this is a "fact" based website, so I won't post them here. Some concern HHG and I just wanted to know what that terminology meant.

By any chance was the link you found in one of those Cincinnati.com articles?

The lining of the uterus is not considered to be back to normal until normal menstruation has restarted. Breast feeding would account for the delay as it suppresses ovulation (in most cases) and the need for the blood vessels that line the uterine wall.

I don't think that it would take six months to heal though. One of my kids chose breastfeeding and it helped her body to heal more quickly (If the mother is breastfeeding, her body will recover faster, compared to mothers who do not.). This is not HMR's autopsy in question, who had a four day old newborn, it is HHG, who had a six month old baby. Iirc both mothers were breastfeeding.

Page 8 is HHG. These are the autopsies uploaded by the Cincinnati Enquirer.
https://www.scribd.com/document/325056839/Pike-County-documents#from_embed

I don't think that it would take six months to heal though. One of my kids chose breastfeeding and it helped her body to heal more quickly (If the mother is breastfeeding, her body will recover faster, compared to mothers who do not.). This is not HMR's autopsy in question, who had a four day old newborn, it is HHG, who had a six month old baby. Iirc both mothers were breastfeeding.

Page 8 is HHG. These are the autopsies uploaded by the Cincinnati Enquirer.

I breastfed all three of my children, two for a full year and one for 18 months. My periods did not return until after I stopped breastfeeding, so 13 months for the first two and 19 months after the third.

True, you recover faster but ovulation does not return while you are breastfeeding regularly. The uterus doesn't return to normal until breastfeeding is discontinued.

If I might put in a word, I am in defense of anyone that post information
on here and receive limited respect for your post. I am in a position to
remind users that if you notice the number of members and guests reading
your posts on here ,,you will find that many guests reading would like
to join ,but can not or will not because of some reason..Being a guests on
here they read your posts and to them it might be a joy to get the facts you
post about this mystery..So,Amauet, don 't regret for one minute that your
post is on here. Keep them coming..

Case in point:::Betty posted information and supplied a link.I followed the
link and discovered information about HR's first child..How on April 21,2016,
the night becfore the killing,he picked up hi 2/12 year old daughter to spend
the night with him. Later,of course, he hired a lawyer to sue for the right
to raise the baby.He won and now he is on GO FUND ME for expenses.
I learned from this link that all cases involving custody of children belonging
to the victims had been sealed.The report said that the custody case
involving HR'S last baby would be opened in August,2017.. I can't wait.
Most you know that my theory is that the father of HR'S baby, last born,
is the killer and he delayed the killing until HR had delivered to put
In action his plans...Why?we will find out...

Thank you again rsd, we all know when it comes to links, I'm just not good at it!! LOL I try but..... I'm not trying to start any argument with anyone. Like I've said before, I value everyone's opinion's just like I've noticed most here on the thread do. When I found this, I was excited to find something new, and may have been a little angered that some didn't want to "value" it in anyway. I contribute what I can, but do know that compared to some on here, I'm just a rookie! I'm just an ordinary person doing what I can. I've always been interested in things I consider unjust and this family is one of them. This could have been my family back in the day, and when this happened it not only scared me to death, but made me realize how stupid and niaeve I had been in the past where it concerned my children.
I had never considered that I had put their lives in danger as not only being a drug addict, but by putting unsavory person's in their world (dealers, other addicts, etc.) I just didn't really "think" that much back them, except about getting my next "fix". Does that mean because I had this "desease" I deserved to die? and my innocent family? No, every life human matters!! Addiction is a desease! I myself was one of the "lucky" ones to have gotten sober and stayed sober for 20 years. But sadly, most are not. I know it could happen to me again and do what I have been "taught" to do to keep it at bay.
Anyway, if this had happened to me, I would want them to get the one's responsible and in a case like this one IMO all avenue's available to us must be explored. If you feel uncomfortable discussing some things, I understand and respect that. Some of this info may not be important to some, but it might be to other's. I'm just putting it "out there", it's your choice to do with it what you want.
Sorry for the book/lecture/?

I think this could have been a lot of folk's families. I've been around some sketchy stuff and sketchy areas, and was fortunate enough to not have a problem w/addiction. Other friends and family were not so fortunate. Some are now deceased. I think you made an interesting find myself. I don't know if this portion of HHG's autopsy will be relevant or not, but, un-redacted autopsies are what many of us have wanted from day one. Those who have hedged against the un-redacted versions, have, for the most part, said they'd read them if they were released (me being one). Things like this are going to be in those autopsies. Where do we draw the line? Should there even be a line other than the TOS lines that are already drawn. Just what I've been able to derive from the stomach contents that I've been able to read through have kind of helped me with some idea of a timeline. If HHG had been expecting another child, who all knew? Did the assailant(s) know and were waiting? Did the end of a pregnancy move the murders up? We don't know, but we've been speculating about all of those same questions re; HMR's live birth. If we think that LE has not dug deep, into every corner, of the Rhoden's, and Gilley's, family lives then we're mistaken.

I breastfed all three of my children, two for a full year and one for 18 months. My periods did not return until after I stopped breastfeeding, so 13 months for the first two and 19 months after the third.

True, you recover faster but ovulation does not return while you are breastfeeding regularly. The uterus doesn't return to normal until breastfeeding is discontinued.

The term "postpartum" is what's throwing me. That term means the period just after delivery. I realize everyone's body is different, but that term, and then redacting information immediately after that term, and
healing uterine lining
just seems odd to me. Honestly, I think the coroner has stirred more distrust, and wild theories, by his seemingly strange decisions on what to redact.

Edit: My grandchild was breastfed for nine months. The obgyn said my daughter was completely healed at her six week visit. Had a six month visit and same. Completely healed.

I think that the word 'healing' is throwing you off. A uterus that has not returned to normalcy will be described as postpartum. Postpartum depression can last for a long time, may not have even started for some months and is still called postpartum.

How long is postpartum, From Wikipedia:
*advertiser censored*postpartum*period or postnatal period is the period beginning immediately after the birth of a child and extending for about six weeks. Less frequently used are the terms puerperium or puerperal period

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I find it hard to imagine that the father of the baby would murder 8 people in four locations. What motive to kill 8 people? Stranger things have happened, I suppose.

How long is postpartum, From Wikipedia:
*advertiser censored*postpartum*period or postnatal period is the period beginning immediately after the birth of a child and extending for about six weeks. Less frequently used are the terms puerperium or puerperal period

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thank you for posting this, it was what I was trying to figure out!!!!! Six weeks, not six month's. The autopsy report also says postpartum with_______?___________ healing uterine healing. I have know idea what the "with" is. I just found it strange. I know you can get pregnant about 6 wks after giving birth, or whenever your period starts again. My brother and I are proof! For 11 days we are the same age LOL. I did not breastfeed so I do not know about that, but I thank you all for your imput.

I think that the word 'healing' is throwing you off. A uterus that has not returned to normalcy will be described as postpartum. Postpartum depression can last for a long time, may not have even started for some months and is still called postpartum.

I asked her if she had healed, internally. Her obgyn had told her that her body was healed and all was back to "normal". She had her first cycle seven months after his birth.

I'm not hung up on the word "healing" in that the uterus was "healed". I think that she'd possibly had a m/c (or something else that would cause the uterine lining to need to heal). Combined w/postpartum, and the " ________healing uterine lining", it seems more recent than something that happened six months prior. I'm just wondering what is in the ____________. Thick healing uterine lining? Thin healing uterine lining? Recent healing uterine lining? It is also known that in the cases of a m/c or d/c that one has to wait awhile for the uterine lining to rebuild before trying to get pregnant again.

Postpartum is the period just after delivery. Postpartum depression is a different topic.
http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=26209

I'm just trying to figure out why HHG was shot as many times as DR. It seems to me that CRsr and DR were the 'heads" of the Rhoden immediate family (as most are mother and father). In most murder situations, the person with the most damage done to them are the main target/targets. My understanding also is that KR and CRsr were the ones "in-charge" of the grow-ops and GR and various family members/friends helped in the growing and distribution side of the grow-ops.
Using this logic, I can see them being victims in this murder. I can see this even with DR and FR for the same reason, them knowing/helping.
But in the case of HR, HHG and CRjr ? Two very young mothers and a big mouth teen (what teenager isn't jeez, I'm surprised that most make it to adulthood lol) IMO, this was personal, not just business. Sorry with my past experience in drugs "pot" just wasn't that big a deal, if there were harder drugs involved, I could see it. But in and around their neighborhood, it seems that there were various drug dealers to go to for whatever. (J-sh Rh-d-n, was arrested for pills, the one in jail now).
And the statement about GR and CRsr helping him to get-off hard drugs.....what? From my past experience that's like putting and Alcoholic in charge of a liqueur store! No, you can not be around anyone who uses any kind of illegal drugs/drink and stay sober.
IMO, it wasn't about drugs, unless everyone in that family knew everything about the drug/grow ops I just don't see it.
HR, HHG and CRjr just do not make sense to me, unless someone wanted this family wiped off the face of this earth, and if so, why live the babies alive?
So, why was there more violence taken out on HHG? What did she know/do to get shot that many times?

May I suggest we wait a court decision before reading too far into it? If the papers win their cause, medical experts will analyse it for us.

In the mean time, families, LE and AG do not agree to reveal all of it. We should respect that.

I would not go as far as saying gyn information is not relevant. It could also be a clue

I still think the Having the children and Saving the children theories I presented earlier are relevant.

There are different possible angles to them. I would not conclude too quickly and infer names or even relationships onto this forum. I think it could be a rare case and a little more complicated than we think.

Just a chime in here on postpartum uterine healing as I have just caught up with several days of posts. Healing would be determined by the dynamics of the baby's delivery. My baby's delivery was difficult. An emergency hysterectomy was considered after the birth due to post-delivery complications. Thankfully, in its own time, the problem resolved. No, my uterine healing did not end at 4-6 weeks post delivery.

If un-redacted, and out there for all to see, there will have some info that will be unsavory to talk about, however, that's part of the reason we are here. To look at all angles and try to come up with a reason that this happened. If something has not been redacted then I feel it is open for discussion. I too think it is a valid point to discuss, same as HMR's full-term birth. I'm going to check it out again and see if I can get it to load properly.

Page 8 is HHG's autopsy.

Thanks for the link!

While searching for the old Cincinnati.com article, I came across this article. It has an interview with a local expert about interpreting the crime scene. It's good to keep an open mind when it comes to inferring motive of the killers.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/crime/rhod...-pike-county-massacre-multiple-gunshot-wounds
Speculating on the case, Dr. Bassman explained that multiple gunshots, in some cases, could be considered an attempt to send a message or gain insurance that the victims are, in fact, dead.

“The typical thinking is that when someone shoots someone a number of times, it’s done out of anger. But in other instances we have to look at the fear, the threat.

“It’s almost a way of someone getting insurance,” he said. “Though some people conceptualize this as an act of anger, an act of rage, in one instance it could be an act coming out of fear.”

He also talks about "cognitive distortion" in sparing the lives of the infants, saying the killers may have rationalized the killings to themselves by saying "But I saved the baby". JMO, but I also still consider the theory that the killer(s) have already spent time in prison and, in the event they're caught, wanted to avoid the retribution that baby killers face there.

BREAKING:

http://fox45now.com/news/local/investigators-search-adams-co-farm-for-pike-co-massacre-evidence

Investigators search Adams Co. farm for Pike Co. massacre evidence

ADAMS COUNTY, Ohio (WKRC) - Law enforcement officers are searching a farm in Adams County for evidence in the Pike County massacre. That farm is off of SR 32 near Peebles.
Eight members of the Rhoden family were killed execution-style at three locations on April 22, 2016. The locations were near the Pike/Adams County line.
The Ohio Bureau of Investigations confirmed they're looking for evidence in that case but won't say what they're searching for specifically.
Deborah Dixon said investigators believe the killer or killers were close to the family. They seemed to know everything about the family members, their homes and their security.

BREAKING:

http://fox45now.com/news/local/investigators-search-adams-co-farm-for-pike-co-massacre-evidence

Investigators search Adams Co. farm for Pike Co. massacre evidence

ADAMS COUNTY, Ohio (WKRC) - Law enforcement officers are searching a farm in Adams County for evidence in the Pike County massacre. That farm is off of SR 32 near Peebles.
Eight members of the Rhoden family were killed execution-style at three locations on April 22, 2016. The locations were near the Pike/Adams County line.
The Ohio Bureau of Investigations confirmed they're looking for evidence in that case but won't say what they're searching for specifically.
Deborah Dixon said investigators believe the killer or killers were close to the family. They seemed to know everything about the family members, their homes and their security.

Interesting! Does anyone recognize where this is or who might live there?

MORE

http://www.wcpo.com/news/state/stat...gators-searching-along-pike-adams-county-line

PIKE COUNTY, Ohio -- A search operation is in progress near the Adams County-Pike County line, according to Dan Tierney of the Ohio Attorney General’s Office.

Tierney would not confirm whether the search is related to the April 2016 massacre of eight members of the Rhoden family in rural Pike County.

Deputies from Pike County and Adams County were on scene along with representatives from the Bureau of Criminal Investigation and the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction.

RELATED: Officials promise to solve Rhoden massacre case, but release few details 1 year later

WCPO has reached out to Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader for comment. We will update this story as more information becomes available.

Here's another - different scene photo.

[video=twitter;863089713544126465]https://twitter.com/CrimestopperDeb/status/863089713544126465[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez