OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another news article

PIKE COUNTY SHERIFF: ‘We are getting closer. We will find you.’

http://www.whio.com/news/crime--law...-closer-will-find-you/NSwhRYtJEqT8nK0zQQaG2M/

More a brief summary of the case and the lates press conference by Ohio AG and Sheriff Reader.

One year anniversary video about the case and victims

http://www.whio.com/news/crime--law...-closer-will-find-you/NSwhRYtJEqT8nK0zQQaG2M/

Drone video of crime scenes today

I've been bugging one of the reporters at WHIO about this case, mainly about the secrecy about it and asking why. There will be another report by Jim Otte about the case on the 5:00 pm WHIO local news. Maybe the extra coverage on the anniversary will get some info called in....

OP was talking about FBI profiling. I'd not thought about that prior to their post. I did a bit of thinking and browsing, and although this is in no way meant to be a "profile", I found this interesting:

We know from the beginning, from Dewine:

“This was a pre-planned execution of eight individuals,” DeWine said. “It was a sophisticated operation and those who carried it out were trying to do everything they could do to hinder the investigation and their prosecution.”
http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/crime--law/timeline-pike-county-shooting/I3nkEl3XgnupsF5V5Axe6M/

Based on Dewine's above statement, and others he and Reader have made, that are similar, I'd call this an organized killing.
------
Many of you probably already knew this but I found the following, in bold, to be new info to me:

Organized offenders tend to be high in the birth order of their family. They are very intelligent but often were underachievers in both school and life. Most of them have a live-in partner, are socially adept, and will follow the coverage of their crimes in the media very carefully. Contrary to popular belief, a killer of this nature, even a serial killer, is not “crazy.” Quite the opposite is true. They also “hide in plain sight,” and when identified are a complete surprise to people who know them and thought they were “perfectly normal.” ~ Pete Klismet, one of the original FBI Profilers

https://profilesofmurder.com/category/fbi/
http://www.criminalprofilingassociates.com/testimonials.html

I don't know that it helps us any but I found it interesting.

Rhoden family speaks out:
[video=youtube;rgtuwACvnSE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgtuwACvnSE[/video]

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I was infatuated with this case the months following the murders..... and then it came to a stand still. I really have a difficult time wrapping my head around the fact that the family still does not have answers . 8 family members were executed in separate locations. I feel as though SOMEONE in that family has to know SOMETHING- or suspect someone!

<modsnip>
Also, does anyone still suspect the cartel? I haven't been following these threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was infatuated with this case the months following the murders..... and then it came to a stand still. I really have a difficult time wrapping my head around the fact that the family still does not have answers . 8 family members were executed in separate locations. I feel as though SOMEONE in that family has to know SOMETHING- or suspect someone!
<modsnip>

Also, does anyone still suspect the cartel? I haven't been following these threads.

Yep I still do, or at least some major drug lords, maybe even related to the Eapmon deal or the other two who were murdered (mom and daughter) from nearby. I honestly don't think anyone in the Rhoden family could pull this off. I obviously don't know them, but this seems like a sophisticated operation (that very few people or groups of people could pull off). There is only one semi local family of a kid CRjr pissed off that I could see maybe having military experience or connections, but that is also very doubtful. Biker gang, drug cartel, or ex military. There had to be multiple killers so it can't just be some random jealous family member.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

<modsnip>

To answer your question about cartel, my personal opinion is definitely not. I believe locals, or close to locals for a couple reasons. Whoever did it knew the family, pit bulls, camera systems, routines too well. CRSr got the way worst end of torture/abuse/injuries. I also feel HR was a primary target, based on her apparent sadness right before her baby came. The babies were spared. My belief is it was organized around HRs baby's birth. 4 days old. Someone thought CRSr had money and they wanted HR gone. Double whammy.
They were smart enough to plan this out yes. I'll give them that much. But, I don't believe they considered all the LE that got involved, BCI, DeWine and whoever. Never had anything of that magnitude on their mind. They gotta be worried, and should be! I also think this in 1 MAYBE 2 people. Any amount over one is risky, the other(s) will spill the beans to someone.
I am actually optimistic at this point!
DeWine running for governor...everyone loves Reader! Well most of Pike County.
LOVE your name BTW!

To answer your question about cartel, my personal opinion is definitely not. I believe locals, or close to locals for a couple reasons. Whoever did it knew the family, pit bulls, camera systems, routines too well. CRSr got the way worst end of torture/abuse/injuries. I also feel HR was a primary target, based on her apparent sadness right before her baby came. The babies were spared. My belief is it was organized around HRs baby's birth. 4 days old. Someone thought CRSr had money and they wanted HR gone. Double whammy.
They were smart enough to plan this out yes. I'll give them that much. But, I don't believe they considered all the LE that got involved, BCI, DeWine and whoever. Never had anything of that magnitude on their mind. They gotta be worried, and should be! I also think this in 1 MAYBE 2 people. Any amount over one is risky, the other(s) will spill the beans to someone.
I am actually optimistic at this point!
DeWine running for governor...everyone loves Reader! Well most of Pike County.
LOVE your name BTW!

I was off and on thinking it was the cartel, especially because the children were spared. The cartel wouldn't have spared a soul.
Refresh my memory - you say HR may have been primary target and mentioned her sadness prior to murders. Can you elaborate on the sadness? Was it stuff she posted on Facebook ? Again , I apologize- details are a little fuzzy to me since I haven't been following case in awhile. Also, if it's ONE target , why were 7 other people killed in two separate locations?
It makes sense that it was someone familiar with the land and the Rhoden residences. Just blows my mind that they haven't been caught.
I'm not sure if you heard about bryon macron- missing medina county trustee that was found dead in Chippewa lake- I'm close to the area and it sparked my interest in this case again.

Yep I still do, or at least some major drug lords, maybe even related to the Eapmon deal or the other two who were murdered (mom and daughter) from nearby. I honestly don't think anyone in the Rhoden family could pull this off. I obviously don't know them, but this seems like a sophisticated operation (that very few people or groups of people could pull off). There is only one semi local family of a kid CRjr pissed off that I could see maybe having military experience or connections, but that is also very doubtful. Biker gang, drug cartel, or ex military. There had to be multiple killers so it can't just be some random jealous family member.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

One question and one observation.

1] What is "The Cartel"? People talk of it as if it's a monolithic world enterprise. What cartel are people referring to?

2] I have seen the use of "military experience" or "ex-military" so often and I wonder why. Certainly,

some branches and units thereof teach you how to kill but that doesn't equate with killing AND

leaving a clean crime scene. If you were a Marine going through Fallujah house-to-house you

probably were killing people but you didn't give a darn about leaving evidence behind.

3] Someone with LE training would have far more training in how to leave a clean crime scene.

JMO

<modsnip>

I'm not sure it was "cartel" per se, but organized local activity. I think there was a large involvement of doctors, laywers, LE, politicians, etc. and they needed to keep their names out of the spotlight. They either had members that could do this or hire a hit. They could have pressured locals to help planning and maybe
more with threats to their families or threats to turn them in for illegal activity. The locals may not even have known what the actual plan was. They may have been told there was money owed and it was going to be collected. DeWine's repeated assertion about knowing much more about criminal activity in the area makes this seem plausible. It would also make him very cautious about how to handle the case...

I don't know why rsd, but when you posted about a family annilator (sp) his name just popped into my head. Maybe it's because we know so little about him. We haven't heard from him, seen him (that I know of), where he works, if he works......etc. I mean between this thread and others, I know a little about (it seems) a lot of the family members. I just like to get a better since of their character and maybe eliminate some that way. Of course with the way this case is going, some pop right back up as my suspects.

Murder by close family members and friends are the easiest cases for LE to solve. Murder by strangers is the most difficult. One year out, with many resources expended in solving this case, it seems most likely the killers were not well known, if at all, to the victims.

The person you're mentioning has not been named as a suspect in this case.

I highly regard the statements of Rich ,,very sound statements ,,especially
statement number (3)....Yesterday, one of our users made some critical
remarks and left a link that identified the subject that was mentioned..i
Immediately went to the link and the extensive article gave me chills
and I was confirmed that my whole year of posting on WS was not in
vain ,but was spot on the mark.. Now, for my rambling explanation of
the link...I got a renewed energy from wondering if by chance all the
investigators of the Rhoden slaughters called in the FBI profile unit for
help and consequently received a completely qualified profile of the killer..
This profile, as I read the article,describes how the FBI now have the profile
guidelines and requirements down to a science and the information
they returned to the AG'S office described the only person in all of Pike
County ,,Ohio,,who could be the perpetrator...Now, the statements by
Dudley just might be the reason the AG'S is compelled to keep the
evidence of all of the investigators kept from the public ,,because so many
of the Pike County officials are caught up in this scandal...
Back to the profile link..The part that caught my attention first is the kind of
descriptions that the profiler determines a killer will demonstrate..The article
describes two types of serial killer,i.e.,ORGANIZED, and UNORGANIZED.
In our discussion here, we are considering the ORGANIZED sears killer.....
1. extensive planning,,2. Model citizen,,3 good family man,,no remorse,,
4. leaves his own personal signature,,(not to be confused with evidence,
does not leave evidence,,5.. receives a great amount of satisfaction from
killing..6..very bright,but not adapt to school functions...7.. could have
served as ordinary well thought of youngster growing up...
That is just a glimpse of how far a profile can go.

One question and one observation.

1] What is "The Cartel"? People talk of it as if it's a monolithic world enterprise. What cartel are people referring to?

2] I have seen the use of "military experience" or "ex-military" so often and I wonder why. Certainly,

some branches and units thereof teach you how to kill but that doesn't equate with killing AND

leaving a clean crime scene. If you were a Marine going through Fallujah house-to-house you

probably were killing people but you didn't give a darn about leaving evidence behind.

3] Someone with LE training would have far more training in how to leave a clean crime scene.

JMO

Very good points.

As for cartel, it was stated by LE that Mexican cartels were not involved. That may or may not be the case, but there are drug cartels in the US, possibly in the general region around southern Ohio/Midwest/Southern US that could be involved.

If that's the case, it's baffling that LE expects innocent locals to put their lives at risk to come forward with any information they might have about the killers. As far as the public knows, LE hasn't offered any kind of protection to potential witnesses or others who might have tips or information.

LE talks about the Rhodens having 3 "commercial" MJ grow operations at 2 of the murder locations

LE is telling others who might be involved in illegal drugs to come forward with information (they stated "this is a murder investigation, not a drug investigation")

Since this case is allegedly related to an MJ grow op, there are likely no drug suppliers to investigate. Rhodens would only need seeds (which they probably already had, or could buy online) and equipment. So, LE must be focusing on locals who have information about:

1) who was buying and distributing the Rhoden brothers MJ, most likely a cartel or similar organized group, or

2) someone who might have been helping finance the grow ops, or

3) someone who saw the Rhodens as a competitor or

4) someone who thought the Rhodens, in their activities growing and selling MJ, were sharing information with LE about others involved in the drug world

I can't imagine any local or family member in their right mind would share information about powerful, dangerous people in the drug world without any protection for themselves, family, etc. from the same people who killed the Rhodens & Hanna Gilley. Why isn't LE offering this protection? If they are, why haven't they said as much during their public messages? It's a small-town, rural area. If someone talks, you can bet the word will get around.

News media reports that locals don't trust LE. It would be helpful to know why they feel this way. It might also help if LE did more to earn their trust. It seems they've been trying some, but they need to do more.

Who exactly are LE chasing? The locals who might know about who the Rhodens were working with, or the actual people in the bigger drug trade who may have called in the hit on the family?

A lot of questions about this case, I'm just tossing out a few.

ETA: Just adding thanks to all providing links to update this case and asking if they don't mind, please also post them in the Media & Timelines thread for future reference. Thanks!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...mily-Members-Murdered&p=13320267#post13320267

By the way, what's going on with the Missy Beavers case? I wanted to post, it's closed.

This is another case, well planned. Investigation is also very silent. Personally I am not surprised about the secrecy of these cases. Given the circumstances, it's completely normal

This REMINDER falls at random: TOS prevents the sleuthing of persons not named POI or suspect by LE. You may discuss info obtained from MSM pertaining to this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove