OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One question and one observation.

1] What is "The Cartel"? People talk of it as if it's a monolithic world enterprise. What cartel are people referring to?

2] I have seen the use of "military experience" or "ex-military" so often and I wonder why. Certainly,

some branches and units thereof teach you how to kill but that doesn't equate with killing AND

leaving a clean crime scene. If you were a Marine going through Fallujah house-to-house you

probably were killing people but you didn't give a darn about leaving evidence behind.

3] Someone with LE training would have far more training in how to leave a clean crime scene.

JMO
1) if we knew which cartel it wouldn't be much of a question would it. There are several.
Maybe a better word would be organized drug business. Anyway, there are cartels in the real world. There are also gangs and drug dealers and real people who murder people for being ripped off or for being snitched on. They are not fictional. It may or may not be the case here. No one really knows what LE knows. There were recent drug busts in the area of people who run drugs from Mexico to OH, otherwise known as cartels.
Yeah it could be some yahoo from down the road who's never killed anyone and just happened to be able to single handedly overpower GR and CR and FR and everyone else, but it's doubtful.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

This book, IMO, is a good read, much better than Douglas's "Mind Hunter." I've gotten no new ideas about the Rhoden murders. Rather, the book info supports a couple of the theories discussed on WS and other websites. The below excerpt is what got me thinking about the Rhoden murderer(s) most probably completed FBI profile.
In ch 5, Douglas discusses John List who in Dec, 1971, murdered his wife, mother, and 3 children, disappeared, started a new life under an assumed name, and was finally arrested in 1989.
"....this was not a mass execution. Each member of his family was killed separately, at a different
time and under a different circumstance than the others."
I think we can surely assume that the FBI has provided a profile on the Rhoden killer(s).

excerpt taken from:
John Douglas and Mark Olshaker, "The Anatomy of Motive," p205

John List was a family annihilater who was obsessed with religion (sending his family to a better place) and money (he could no longer provide them the living to which they were accustomed). He was maticulous and, strangely, reverent with the bodies. While the killings happened at different times, they did occur in the same house. I see many differences between the two situations.

It would be very interesting to compare the 2 profiles - if we can ever get one from the FBI on this case.

I was off and on thinking it was the cartel, especially because the children were spared. The cartel wouldn't have spared a soul.
Refresh my memory - you say HR may have been primary target and mentioned her sadness prior to murders. Can you elaborate on the sadness? Was it stuff she posted on Facebook ? Again , I apologize- details are a little fuzzy to me since I haven't been following case in awhile. Also, if it's ONE target , why were 7 other people killed in two separate locations?
It makes sense that it was someone familiar with the land and the Rhoden residences. Just blows my mind that they haven't been caught.
I'm not sure if you heard about bryon macron- missing medina county trustee that was found dead in Chippewa lake- I'm close to the area and it sparked my interest in this case again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually a girl is happy right before her baby comes. In DRs flipogram she had posted a flipogram, I guess it's called, with pictures taken of baby shower. Happier times, LM smiling, FR and HG with their two, but HR to me just looked sad, or like her mind was elsewhere.
Actually this case was 8 people at 4 homes.
I think it was done for a couple reasons, and probably they thought the rest of the family had to go because they would know what it was about. Just my thought really.
I have seen stories where one in the home might be doing something on the side, and the family would be so very surprised and in disbelief to learn of it.
THAT was their first big miscalculation. The overkill captured attention from every news media imaginable. If I didn't live here I would probably find it fascinating.

I have a question (always), Dewine/Reader confirmed there were 3 grow ops at 2 places, CRsr's and KR's. Won't those properties be seized by the state as they can prove to be drug dealers/grower's? In fact, wouldn't anything of value these two owned be subjected to that law? I know the state are not paying for their funerals because of this ( I don't know if family filled out forms for CRsr, KR or Gary) but haven't heard anything about them paying for them. I don't know the Law in Ohio about this, so I truly would like to know.
If someone killed this family for property, they sure screwed themselves out of that. If the law is to take everything they own, that doesn't leave anything for those children except social security and or welfare. But then again, did the children's parents work long enough for them to qualify? Gosh!, the loss for this family just keeps adding up!

John List was a family annihilater who was obsessed with religion (sending his family to a better place) and money (he could no longer provide them the living to which they were accustomed). He was maticulous and, strangely, reverent with the bodies. While the killings happened at different times, they did occur in the same house. I see many differences between the two situations.

It would be very interesting to compare the 2 profiles - if we can ever get one from the FBI on this case.

Yes, John List is one of the most famous family annihilator cases. His case is very different from this one. He didn't stalk his victims and shoot them at different locations, nor did he try to cover up his own involvement in the crime. He also didn't engage the help of a second person to help him commit the murders. All of those things, and others, make the Rhoden-Gilley case very different.

1) if we knew which cartel it wouldn't be much of a question would it. There are several.
Maybe a better word would be organized drug business. Anyway, there are cartels in the real world. There are also gangs and drug dealers and real people who murder people for being ripped off or for being snitched on. They are not fictional. It may or may not be the case here. No one really knows what LE knows. There were recent drug busts in the area of people who run drugs from Mexico to OH, otherwise known as cartels.
Yeah it could be some yahoo from down the road who's never killed anyone and just happened to be able to single handedly overpower GR and CR and FR and everyone else, but it's doubtful.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Yes, there are just enough similarities to other drug-related murders in the region to indicate organized crime/gang, etc. involvement. The similarities to the Eapmon case are very interesting. US Hwy 23, located not far from the Rhoden family murders, has long been known as a drug pipeline with many different organized criminal groups moving along it.

Southeast Ohio is the center of drug operations in Ohio. Drug cartels have a foothold on this corridor.

[video=youtube;uC75MDP61KM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC75MDP61KM[/video]

Link with article related to news video with more information about US 23 drug pipeline

http://nbc4i.com/2016/05/05/rural-ohios-drug-pipeline-includes-pike-co-other-places-on-u-s-23/

The US 23 drug pipeline runs from Detroit, MI to Florida, though Ohio, Kentucky, etc.

Here's an article from 2010, where LE knew about the drug gang activity along US 23.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2010/10/04/Ross-County-drug-crackdown.html

Back then, Ohio AG Richard Cordray was trying to crack down on the traffic. I wonder what he thinks about this case? He's been at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau since 2012, but have heard rumors he's coming back to Ohio

https://www.consumerfinance.gov/about-us/the-bureau/about-director/

What's the story with HR's baby's father ? What's his name again ? And why wasn't he spending the night with her and the new born that night ?

What's the story with HR's baby's father ? What's his name again ? And why wasn't he spending the night with her and the new born that night ?

There hasn't been a father named in the media as of right now! An article said there were potentially 3, 2 of which were named.

No idea who is the father of that baby. Been rumours, but that's a question we don't have an answer to as far as I know.

Please bear with me as I attempt to upload a photo. It's my first time and have failed miserably 2 times so far.
Anyway, I broke down and took a ride today. This is on Route 23, a mile maybe north of Waverly in Pike County.
attachment.php

Attachments

• received_1417793324938027.jpg
    received_1417793324938027.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 316
Please bear with me as I attempt to upload a photo. It's my first time and have failed miserably 2 times so far.
Anyway, I broke down and took a ride today. This is on Route 23, a mile maybe north of Waverly in Pike County.
attachment.php

Thank you for the picture! These should be plastered all over the country, at least all over the state of Ohio. Do you know if there is more than 1?

Yes, there are just enough similarities to other drug-related murders in the region to indicate organized crime/gang, etc. involvement. The similarities to the Eapmon case are very interesting. US Hwy 23, located not far from the Rhoden family murders, has long been known as a drug pipeline with many different organized criminal groups moving along it.

Southeast Ohio is the center of drug operations in Ohio. Drug cartels have a foothold on this corridor.

[video=youtube;uC75MDP61KM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC75MDP61KM[/video]

Link with article related to news video with more information about US 23 drug pipeline

http://nbc4i.com/2016/05/05/rural-ohios-drug-pipeline-includes-pike-co-other-places-on-u-s-23/

The US 23 drug pipeline runs from Detroit, MI to Florida, though Ohio, Kentucky, etc.

Here's an article from 2010, where LE knew about the drug gang activity along US 23.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2010/10/04/Ross-County-drug-crackdown.html

Back then, Ohio AG Richard Cordray was trying to crack down on the traffic. I wonder what he thinks about this case? He's been at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau since 2012, but have heard rumors he's coming back to Ohio

https://www.consumerfinance.gov/about-us/the-bureau/about-director/

BBM
The Eapman case seems more like a "business" type of killing to me. Even if they knew the family, it seemed like they knew what they were going in for, it required killing the Eapmons to get it, they did that with a single shot to each victim, they took what they came for and left. I don't see the emotion that I see in the Rhoden murders.

Thank you for the picture! These should be plastered all over the country, at least all over the state of Ohio. Do you know if there is more than 1?
This is the only one I am aware of, there could be more but I just don't know. I know looking at it, just gives such a chill.

This is the only one I am aware of, there could be more but I just don't know. I know looking at it, just gives such a chill.

Seeing the billboard gives me a sinking feeling.

Seeing the billboard gives me a sinking feeling.

Yep it just jumps out at you. Locally, with the Sheriff, and many people it seems especially with the Video released of Chris Srs and Kennys mom it has given the case new life. Anyone that watches that, well, it made me cry. That poor woman. I believe the reward will go up, which may help. Someone knows something.
I personally think what will get that person or persons in there is ASSURANCE from LE that they really don't care or want to hear of their involvement with drugs. Just promise not to even talk about it. My opinion, when LE does that they will have what they are longing for to make arrests.

So to the state of ohio each life was worth $1250.00. Jmo

attachment.php

BBM
The Eapman case seems more like a "business" type of killing to me. Even if they knew the family, it seemed like they knew what they were going in for, it required killing the Eapmons to get it, they did that with a single shot to each victim, they took what they came for and left. I don't see the emotion that I see in the Rhoden murders.

Hey, it's ok if we disagree here. :pillowfight2:

Sorry, I've never perceived an "emotional" aspect to the Rhoden-Gilley murders, just cold, calculated executions. The only exception being Gary and Chris Sr., who apparently were awake and fought back, possibly were punished before killing to extract information.

I was wandering around FB the other night and noticed that CRjr had another FB page from 2011. It had his family listed but also had an "Angel Francis" listed as a sister. I don't think there is any relevancy to the case, but now I'm curious. Did DR have another child that died at birth? Or could this have been just a joke that CRJr used a friends name as a sister?

I was wandering around FB the other night and noticed that CRjr had another FB page from 2011. It had his family listed but also had an "Angel Francis" listed as a sister. I don't think there is any relevancy to the case, but now I'm curious. Did DR have another child that died at birth? Or could this have been just a joke that CRJr used a friends name as a sister?

I have been best friends with my best friend since we were 5. We are almost 30 now. Our Facebook lists each other as sisters, too, maybe it is just someone he's really good friends with. Fwiw, we added each other as 'sisters' when we were in high school, and neither of us has bothered to change it considering we aren't biological sisters, so it's a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member