OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor little boy. Thank God he and the babies survived.

We've probably been over this before, but if BJM had to unlock the front door - did the killers have a key and lock it behind them? Or was there another exit?

We've probably been over this before, but if BJM had to unlock the front door - did the killers have a key and lock it behind them? Or was there another exit?

From pictures, it appears there are windows open at CR Sr. and FR houses but we don't know who opened them. It could have been the Rhodens, perps, or LE.

Iirc, from the pictures of the trailer, the windows were open and it appeared someone went out through the window because the drapes were pushed out and hanging outside the trailer.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

BBM

Or if he heard them. I wonder if he'd recognize their voice(s).

And if he heard them, he would have recognized the voice of a close family member/relative/family friend. If he recognized the voice, he would have told his mother and LE who it was.

Three year olds are pretty sharp. He's 4 now and still remembers what happened.

More info on the man accused of killing his wife in Connecticut in dec 2015.

Fitbit contradicts husband's story of wife's murder - police - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39710528

I bring this up because it shows how difficult it is to make the case against a family member who is suspected to have planned a murder.

He is pleading not guilty.

How long does it take to arrest a husband that is charged with killing his wife?

Answer : 15 months. And this is if LE managed to build enough evidence

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...urder-clues-fitbit-activity-article-1.3094802

The case above demonstrates that it is false to assume crimes perpetrated by acquaintances are always solved quickly.

I believe the Dabate case was solved quickly. Solving it is knowing who did it. Proving that in court is an entirely different matter.

Immediately after it happened the police came out and assured everyone that there was no danger to other members of the community. That statement alone tells you that the husband is the sole suspect.

Also, I believe the CT State Police are a step above the PCSD and the Ohio BCI [no offence to these departments] and it still took them 15 months to pull it all together.

JMO

BBM

I was thinking the same. Remaining video may not help LE identify the killers, but it's why DeWine has said there were multiple killers. Probably saw 2 on one of the videos, but aren't sure there were others who weren't caught on film. As for being able to ID them, they may have been wearing masks, etc. Not a difficult or expensive thing to do.

Also, all the talk from LM and DS about how the perps must have known the killers exonerates them. If either of them were the killer, they wouldn't reveal that information to LE. It would be too self-incriminating.

Re the vicious dogs, we discussed this some early in the investigation. If you watch the early helicopter videos of the crime scene, you can see that most of the dogs tied up outside the trailers are very friendly to LE. They wag their tails, etc. Not all of the dogs were vicious.

The dogs tied up appear to be hunting hounds, hounds are tied or penned in a lot of cases so they are not off hunting on their own, they are not classed as vicious or guard dogs. I have a rescue one that I have had for 12 yrs he has a fenced yard but if he gets out he is gone for hours, once 2 days

Did anyone notice the large dog kennel/carrier on CRsr's front porch? Any speculation's on what it's doing there? Were dogs put up when expecting company? Used to transport? My Dad used to put his dog in a carrier when he was expecting company, but he kept his in a second bedroom.

Did anyone notice the large dog kennel/carrier on CRsr's front porch? Any speculation's on what it's doing there? Were dogs put up when expecting company? Used to transport? My Dad used to put his dog in a carrier when he was expecting company, but he kept his in a second bedroom.

In that neck of the woods, my guess would be that they used the crate to transport dogs to hunt. I live in a rural area and have seen people hunt with many different breeds of dog.

They could have went out the back doors of the trailers and just pulled them closed behind them, but I think that they had keys, or knew where the spare house keys were hidden at each property. I remember someone (LE or DeWine, iirc) saying that there were no signs of forced entry. I honestly think that the windows being open, were stage dressing, in an effort to make LE think they had no keys or knowledge of where to get keys. I keep going back to DeWine saying, "...those who carried it out were trying to do everything they could do to hinder the investigation and their prosecution."

They could have went out the back doors of the trailers and just pulled them closed behind them, but I think that they had keys, or knew where the spare house keys were hidden at each property. I remember someone (LE or DeWine, iirc) saying that there were no signs of forced entry. I honestly think that the windows being open, were stage dressing, in an effort to make LE think they had no keys or knowledge of where to get keys. I keep going back to DeWine saying, "...those who carried it out were trying to do everything they could do to hinder the investigation and their prosecution."

I know we've discussed this part of the case many times, with some good theories put out there. Is it possible that the doors weren't locked at some of the homes? Chris Sr. probably kept his locked if he had money and/or MJ there, but is it possible Dana, Frankie and Kenneth didn't? We know Kenneth's door on the 5th wheel locked from the outside.

Not sure, but I think that's a possibility that the others weren't locked.

JMO, I believe LE already has the answer to this question, it's just part of the information they haven't made public.

I just went over the flyer and road signs that were put up before the anniversary. A couple of the little stories I found interesting. Dana's stood out most. Hi my name is Dana Lynn Rhoden.I was 37 yrs old when someone BROKE into my home and murderedme in the EARLY hrs Apr 22. I used caps as I am unsure how to bold.
Kenneth's read, WALKED into my trailer. I remember back at the beginning DeWine said 2 homes showed signs of forced entry,nothing else was said about it. At the time he said this he might not have known Kenneth's lock was broken, and thought of it as forced entry.

I know we've discussed this part of the case many times, with some good theories put out there. Is it possible that the doors weren't locked at some of the homes? Chris Sr. probably kept his locked if he had money and/or MJ there, but is it possible Dana, Frankie and Kenneth didn't? We know Kenneth's door on the 5th wheel locked from the outside.

JMO, I believe LE already has the answer to this question, it's just part of the information they haven't made public.

We do not know if KR's lock was broke or if it worked from the inside.

I just went over the flyer and road signs that were put up before the anniversary. A couple of the little stories I found interesting. Dana's stood out most. Hi my name is Dana Lynn Rhoden.I was 37 yrs old when someone BROKE into my home and murderedme in the EARLY hrs Apr 22. I used caps as I am unsure how to bold.
Kenneth's read, WALKED into my trailer. I remember back at the beginning DeWine said 2 homes showed signs of forced entry,nothing else was said about it. At the time he said this he might not have known Kenneth's lock was broken, and thought of it as forced entry.

This is true, I have no idea how the locks work on a trailer, I was going on hearing many times that his lock was broke, and when he was away he locked the door with a padlock on the outside.

I believe the only people who know what happened are dead or are the perpetrators...

We do not know if KR's lock was broke or if it worked from the inside. I think the padlock was extra security for when he was gone. Those doors are pretty easy to pry open...

I'd guess that's a possibility. I'm not one of them, but I do know of people who don't lock their doors at night. Especially if they're expecting someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member