OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, it's ok if we disagree here. :pillowfight2:

Sorry, I've never perceived an "emotional" aspect to the Rhoden-Gilley murders, just cold, calculated executions. The only exception being Gary and Chris Sr., who apparently were awake and fought back, possibly were punished before killing to extract information.

That's what we're here for, to hash out different theories. To me, though, I see emotion in the Rhoden case. I have from the git go. It may have been "business" too, but I think that the assailant(s) also hated that family. Otherwise, why all the shots? If it were the same folks who killed the Eapmons, who lived in a crowded subdivision, outside of Florence, Ky., then why the multiple shots for all of the Rhodens? Except for KR?

If they were that clean and quick at the Eapmons, and the Eapmons lived in a crowded subdivision, just outside of Cinci, then why multiple shots to sleeping mothers and a 16 year old kid, in the hills of southern Ohio, with no one around? I don't see that kind of hate in the Eapmon case.

I think the stepfather's decision to go back into illegal business dealings got those two killed. He may have tried to get out. He may have tried to blackmail his way out (the missing item). He was formerly the leader of an interstate, pain pill trafficking operation, so he could have made some enemies along the way, or possibly after he was arrested, and they were just waiting for his release. He was in with the big boys at one time. From what is stated about his arrest, he was one of the "big boys" at one time. He was probably swimming in dangerous waters.

Odd too that they hit them in a crowded subdivision and no one saw a thing. My guess it is similar to the Rhoden case here in that no one wants to say anything if they did see something.

Rhoden revealed the killings seemed suspicious after viewing the surveillance footage, which showed the family dogs appearing calm from the masscre.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...lea-clues-massacre-killed-8-article-1.3096059

"Whoever done it had to know the freaking dogs."

There has been no word on whether or not the footage provided clues on the suspects.

Wait.... what?????????? First, I'm thinking they meant Manley not Rhoden.

Secondly, video footage!?!?!?!???????

Rhoden revealed the killings seemed suspicious after viewing the surveillance footage, which showed the family dogs appearing calm from the masscre.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...lea-clues-massacre-killed-8-article-1.3096059

"Whoever done it had to know the freaking dogs."

There has been no word on whether or not the footage provided clues on the suspects.

I am not sure how to read that statement! "The killings seemed suspicious" well, duh, but what kind of surveillance footage do they have? Clearly it isn't a visual of the perps or they'd be in jail right now! Im wondering what that statement means exactly?

To me, the statement is just another example of what/how we are receiving what little information we have. After 1 whole year we finally know there were 3 grow ops at 2 locations. Media reported wrong, authorities reported wrong, we got it wrong??????? The confusion lasted for a year before we were told the truth! We don't know "who" is telling the truth about anything! I have finally realized that we are not going to know anything until "they" decide to release it, and I don't see that happening in foreseeable future!
I'll still check in and add my 2 cents worth, but I feel like a dog chasing it's own tail and getting no where. Circles, just running in circles! Sorry, I'm just so tired of all the bull---t! Speculation is what we started with and today that's all we still have, speculation.

WHAT! Surveillance footage??

However, in the video interview, LM says that BJM passed two polys, as did his daughter-in-law. He then goes on to tell that CR1 and KR had surveillance cameras on the property, with CR1 even having one in a bird house, however the reporter goes on to say the LM says he's never been told if anything was found on the footage. So... ???? Did he, or did he not, view it and see the dogs??? :thinking:

To me, the statement is just another example of what/how we are receiving what little information we have. After 1 whole year we finally know there were 3 grow ops at 2 locations. Media reported wrong, authorities reported wrong, we got it wrong??????? The confusion lasted for a year before we were told the truth! We don't know "who" is telling the truth about anything! I have finally realized that we are not going to know anything until "they" decide to release it, and I don't see that happening in foreseeable future!
I'll still check in and add my 2 cents worth, but I feel like a dog chasing it's own tail and getting no where. Circles, just running in circles! Sorry, I'm just so tired of all the bull---t! Speculation is what we started with and today that's all we still have, speculation.

You summed it up pretty well there.

Exactly my thoughts right now. That and whaaaat? Security footage? I thought they were disabled. Yeah, time to stop losing sleep over this at night. I just don't think we know enough.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

My mother would say this is a fine kettle of �� fish. They certainly don't have to show it if they have it, however, I was under the belief cameras and what not were TAKEN. I remember reports of cameras being gone... I have to go back and dig in this one. Hmm, but I don't think it included that magic word "all".
So we have footage of dogs. DS said he had to hold KRs dog for LE to get in, so it's probably that his dog. He only had the one am I right?
Other homes had more dogs.

Questions on cameras to anyone.
If it's lit up outside, full moon, other outside lights...do they capture as good of an image as they would in daylight hours?

If it was someone that knew the property they would have avoided the cameras. I am on the fence but have leaned towards window entry. Jmo

However, in the video interview, LM says that BJM passed two polys, as did his daughter-in-law. He then goes on to tell that CR1 and KR had surveillance cameras on the property, with CR1 even having one in a bird house, however the reporter goes on to say the LM says he's never been told if anything was found on the footage. So... ???? Did he, or did he not, view it and see the dogs??? :thinking:

You can never tell if LM slips and says something he should not have or if he is trying to sound like he knows things he don't know. Also makes it seem that LE knows more than they are saying at press releases.The perp(s) could be on video but not recognizable. The longer it drags out the more cover up or reluctance to name perps seems possible.

Agree. Doesn't seem like the way to solve a case, does it? Confusion and mixed messages. :gaah:

My mother would say this is a fine kettle of �� fish. They certainly don't have to show it if they have it, however, I was under the belief cameras and what not were TAKEN. I remember reports of cameras being gone... I have to go back and dig in this one. Hmm, but I don't think it included that magic word "all".
So we have footage of dogs. DS said he had to hold KRs dog for LE to get in, so it's probably that his dog. He only had the one am I right?
Other homes had more dogs.

Questions on cameras to anyone.
If it's lit up outside, full moon, other outside lights...do they capture as good of an image as they would in daylight hours?

It depends on the quality of the cameras. Some have very good night video but they have a distance factor to the quality of night video. The farther away, the lower the quality. LM said CR Sr. had lights that came on when a car pulled in the driveway. I've wondered if that alerted him and caused a confrontation that seems to have happened. If the lights came on there could be a doorbell like tone that sounds when they come on.

If it was someone that knew the property they would have avoided the cameras. I am on the fence but have leaned towards window entry. Jmo
BBM

I was thinking the same. Remaining video may not help LE identify the killers, but it's why DeWine has said there were multiple killers. Probably saw 2 on one of the videos, but aren't sure there were others who weren't caught on film. As for being able to ID them, they may have been wearing masks, etc. Not a difficult or expensive thing to do.

Also, all the talk from LM and DS about how the perps must have known the killers exonerates them. If either of them were the killer, they wouldn't reveal that information to LE. It would be too self-incriminating.

Re the vicious dogs, we discussed this some early in the investigation. If you watch the early helicopter videos of the crime scene, you can see that most of the dogs tied up outside the trailers are very friendly to LE. They wag their tails, etc. Not all of the dogs were vicious.

'I picked up daddy's hand, and it just fell,' said 3-year-old after he found murdered father

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/04/24/pike-county-ohio-massacre/100839412/

"For the longest time, he thought his dad turned into a zombie because he did see the blood,'' she said, adding the family watches AMC's series The Walking Dead, which is about zombies. "He said, 'I picked up Daddy's hand, and it just fell.' Then he went back to watching TV."

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...icked-up-daddys-hand-and-just-fell/100742404/

Unbelievably sad. That poor child will be haunted by that for the rest of his life. I hope he gets ongoing counseling to help him deal with it.

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...ly-community-hope-answers-homicide/100708648/

Another article, similar topic. All of these give a little more information about what happened that morning. The photo of little Brentley lying next to his father's grave is so sad.

His mom says he still remembers that night. It makes you wonder if he remembers anything about the killers or how it all happened. Perhaps the killings took place in the dark and he didn't see the details until the sun came up. We don't know, but it makes you wonder if he saw something.

http://www.kens5.com/news/i-picked-...-old-after-he-found-murdered-father/433938684

'I picked up daddy's hand, and it just fell,' said 3-year-old after he found murdered father

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/04/24/pike-county-ohio-massacre/100839412/

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...icked-up-daddys-hand-and-just-fell/100742404/

Unbelievably sad. That poor child will be haunted by that for the rest of his life. I hope he gets ongoing counseling to help him deal with it.

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...ly-community-hope-answers-homicide/100708648/

Another article, similar topic. All of these give a little more information about what happened that morning. The photo of little Brentley lying next to his father's grave is so sad.

His mom says he still remembers that night. It makes you wonder if he remembers anything about the killers or how it all happened. Perhaps the killings took place in the dark and he didn't see the details until the sun came up. We don't know, but it makes you wonder if he saw something.

http://www.kens5.com/news/i-picked-...-old-after-he-found-murdered-father/433938684

BBM

Or if he heard them. I wonder if he'd recognize their voice(s).

Catching up..want to thank everyone who follows this case for their posting here and links to recent articles. This case is how I found WS and I can't believe it has been one year. 8 people murdered!! I thought there would surely be arrests by now. I have to say, this case and WS has certainly opened my eyes to the drug epidemic in our country..especially meth, pills, and heroin (not this case for these drugs!). Again, thank all of you dedicated to this case!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove