OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, since I think this is custody related, and I think it was provoked by JWs mother... Even if he got custody, the child would still be exposed to people in the R family...and I think she did not want the child in that environment. The only way to do that is to eliminate those closest to that child.

Eliminating not just HR but her parents and siblings would also eliminate the most likely people who could have posed any viable custody challenge. In that theory GR is just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Of course that doesn't explain the death of KR unless he was simply killed because he saw something or heard something.

Eliminating not just HR but her parents and siblings would also eliminate the most likely people who could have posed any viable custody challenge. In that theory GR is just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Of course that doesn't explain the death of DS unless he was simply killed because he saw something or heard something.

Whose DS?

I don't think it had anything to do with custody.. why would they go out of their way to kill KR? He wouldn't have been a candidate for custody. JMO.

Just come from there. Roads blocked, can't get close enough to see anything! Got sent on my way back.

The extreme secrecy around these searches seems odd. I can see putting up some crime scene tape and making the news media stay out on the road or sidewalk, but this is strange. It's not like they're looking for bodies.

Just come from there. Roads blocked, can't get close enough to see anything! Got sent on my way back.

Thanks Flatbush! You get an "A" for effort, anyway. Did you see any news helicopters around?

I can't find the old video online, but I remember that in LM's first interview after the murders, he was asked by the reporter what he thought the motive could have been and his response was that he didn't know but that maybe it was due to "child custody". This has led me to believe there was some sort of child custody problem that was happening around the time of the murders.

I've really waffled on the possible motive and to me, it seems murder is an extreme way of trying to resolve a child custody problem, but people can and do get very emotional and desperate in certain situations.

I just hope LE is getting closer to solving this so justice can begin.

Oops! Sorry I was thinking of KR. DS is Donald Stone, the Rhoden cousin who found KR. I've fixed that in the original post - Thanks.

If this was motivated by custody, what do you think KR could have known that would have made him a threat? The custody angle works with everyone except him.. if he would have been in one of the other homes with the others I would just chalk it up to being collateral damage like I believe a few of the others were but since he was alone and away from them, he was targeted specifically for some reason.

The extreme secrecy around these searches seems odd. I can see putting up some crime scene tape and making the news media stay out on the road or sidewalk, but this is strange. It's not like they're looking for bodies.

But what if they are? Is it really such a stretch to think mass murderers may have killed before?

I agree - have a ton of things to do today but keep checking in to see what is going on and whether anyone has solved this yet!

The extreme secrecy throughout the entire history of this case has been a bit on the bizarre side. The extreme secrecy on this search makes me think it is connected to the Rhoden case.

It could be that he either knew something or witnessed something that would have identified the killer (s), or he was killed in an attempt to try to throw off the investigation. JMO.

I agree - have a ton of things to do today but keep checking in to see what is going on and whether anyone has solved this yet!

The extreme secrecy throughout the entire history of this case has been a bit on the bizarre side. The extreme secrecy on this search makes me think it is connected to the Rhoden case.

Met, too. I just took a break to plant impatiens. Gotta go pull some weeks next. :daisy:

But what if they are? Is it really such a stretch to think mass murderers may have killed before?

Possible. Especially if this is related to a larger crime ring, drugs, etc. That's been discussed a little. Reader and DeWine have both commented on how much more criminal activity has been happening in the area than they realized.

I heard they are heading to another site. I'm like 20 minutes away and coincidentally I'm going in that direction shortly so I'm going to go by there and see if anything is happening. I'll report back!

Was this already posted?

Back in Adams Co., Ohio on Peterson Road. Law enforcement back on scene. Appears yellow tape is surrounding this barn. #WSAZ

[video=twitter;863448047950458881]https://twitter.com/WSAZChadHedrick/status/863448047950458881[/video]

If this was motivated by custody, what do you think KR could have known that would have made him a threat? The custody angle works with everyone except him.. if he would have been in one of the other homes with the others I would just chalk it up to being collateral damage like I believe a few of the others were but since he was alone and away from them, he was targeted specifically for some reason.

It could be almost anything. Maybe he was on the phone with CRsr when the killers arrived.

Or he drove by at just the wrong time and would realize that what seemed like nothing unusual at the time was meaningful in hindsight.

Or maybe be overheard a threat made previously?

Sometimes just the possibility that someone knows something can get them killed. Murders generally are not committed by the most rational among us -- and after you've just killed 7 people what's one more? Especially if you are afraid #8 might be the person who leads to your arrest.

And then there is the theory that he was killed by someone else who simply decided the other murders made it a great time to get rid of him and throw off the investigators.

Some DeWine and Reader quotes:

Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine knows there are people withholding information who could help his investigators solve the case of the Rhoden family killings now entering its eighth month without an arrest.

Others, he said, are "not telling the entire truth" about drug and perhaps other criminal activity for fear of being implicated or arrested.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ed-rhoden-case-have-not-been-candid/94294522/

DeWine said the murders were “well planned” and executed by more than one person. He said at least one person involved was familiar with the properties where the bodies were found. While investigators have made progress, DeWine said the outcome is still nowhere in sight.

“It really is like putting together a big, say thousand-piece jigsaw puzzle,” he said. “We’re putting in pieces. A piece here, a piece here, a piece here. At some point it becomes clear. You start seeing a picture and at some point, you figure it out.”

According to a report from the Columbus Dispatch, Reader testified at a court hearing and said that the Rhoden family, specifically the three children in the homes where the murders occurred, remain in danger.

He also confirmed his investigators are looking for multiple killers, according to the report.

http://www.whio.com/news/crime--law...ed-knew-the-territory/lzgfo60J12ruE4BjV9NosN/

Fear in the community is holding back information about the massacre of eight family members in southern Ohio nearly a year after the still-unsolved killings, investigators said Thursday.

Some of that fear is of retaliation by the killers, and some is fear of self-incrimination based on witnesses' own criminal activity — likely involving drugs — unrelated to the slayings, investigators said.

http://fox8.com/2017/04/13/1-year-l...ons-on-unsolved-killings-of-8-in-pike-county/

DeWine likened the case to a complicated puzzle, with some pieces in place but the picture’s still not clear. However, he added this case has opened the state’s eyes to the criminal activity in that area, “We know a lot more about what’s been going on in Pike County for decades.”

https://woub.org/2017/04/13/pike-co-murders-haunt-authorities/

Just a few quotes from DeWine and Reader about the case.

I wonder if some of the people involved in the Rhoden murders have killed others before? When they talk about the fear in the community and the decades of criminal activity, it makes you wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jangelyn