OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know for certain there were no arrest warrants? I haven't seen anything confirming this, but may have missed it.

You are right. We haven't heard of an arrest warrant, it doesn't mean there is none

You are right. We haven't heard of an arrest warrant, it doesn't mean there is none

At first it was stated the SWAT team came in to handle suspects. That statement was later retracted. Weird! But doesn't the SWAT team handle people situations that could become violent? The presence of the SWAT team is what makes me think there may have been warrants. Could be wrong, though.

i would think that quote would have sent up red flags to LE the minute they heard it. "Why was she picked up a day earlier than planned? Did you often pick her up early? Had you ever picked her up early?" Etc.

There have been so many "sketchy" coincidences with this case. From DS saying he could have been #9 b/c he was supposed to spend the night w/KR but didn't, to KR, who was supposed to spend the night with HMR, but her bf got a toothache, so ultimately, she didnt, to HHG's sister deciding at the last minute to drive on past HHG's trailer,and go home, to FR's son being dropped off, and Mom leaving at 10:30, that night. Idk, in the grand scheme of things, all of those look odd after an entire family has been murdered. JW worked odd hours, iirc, and he and HMR seemed to have an amicable, and flexible, visitation schedule. I mean, he said it was a 50/50 chance he was the father of the newborn... He also remains friends, at least on sm, with all three branches of the surviving family members. Just playing Devil's advocate.

Thanks. I had been trying to find the actual location in Google Maps, the address is inaccurate there.

In your accurate map, the power lines that cross the Flying W Farms are different from those that pass near Union Hill Rd. They traverse the area in a different direction. They don't go anywhere near the crime scenes.

The roads one would take from Flying W Farms to the Union Hill Rd crime scenes do go past Left Fork Rd, where KR lived.

If you follow the power lines ROW that crosses the Flying W Farms driveway, it crosses with another ROW -- the same one that leads right past the Union Hill Rd sites.

If you look on google maps you can see it pretty clearly (the nearest address would be 720 Roney Rd).

Now, you and I might have trouble trying to navigate this in broad daylight. But if we'd grown up traipsing about the countryside hunting/fishing/4wheeling or whatever I'm betting we'd know exactly how to get to wherever we wanted to be using both roads and non-roads.

Yeah and some of those power line right of ways go pretty close to a number of homes. I think that I would pay more mind to noisy 4 wheelers coming through my back yard in the middle of the night than say a car or truck coming down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would depend entirely on how unusual the brief sound of a 4-wheeler in the distance was for where you live. I live in the boonies and some noises are just so "non-noteworthy" that I might not even notice them, much less go look out the window or be concerned.

There have been so many "sketchy" coincidences with this case. From DS saying he could have been #9 b/c he was supposed to spend the night w/KR but didn't, to KR, who was supposed to spend the night with HMR, but her bf got a toothache, so ultimately, she didnt, to HHG's sister deciding at the last minute to drive on past HHG's trailer,and go home, to FR's son being dropped off, and Mom leaving at 10:30, that night. Idk, in the grand scheme of things, all of those look odd after an entire family has been murdered. JW worked odd hours, iirc, and he and HMR seemed to have an amicable, and flexible, visitation schedule. I mean, he said it was a 50/50 chance he was the father of the newborn... He also remains friends, at least on sm, with all three branches of the surviving family members. Just playing Devil's advocate.

It's an unusual case, as we've all said before. I can see an ex-boyfriend going into a rage of custody issues and murdering the mom, possibly one or two other family members. Sadly we've seen that before. But the idea of a group of friends and cousins, barely out of their teens (with the exception of a few adults who've been thrown into the mix) who grew up, played together, went to school together, etc. would change plans to socialize at the last minute because they knew some among them were going to kill 8 of their close family members in their sleep is still to much for me to believe. Even the Manson Family needed months in the desert, taking acid and being brainwashed by Charlie, a sociopathic ex-con who spent most of his life in prison, to execute 7 people who were total strangers.

It would be like:

"Well, Joe-Bob and Cletus are going to go kill all 8 of the Rhoden's tonight, so I guess we'll have to change our plans. Why don't we just grab a six pack and a bucket of chicken and go watch Netflix while our father/cousins/best friends/daughter/sister/uncle/aunt get massacred in their sleep. Cletus said he'll make sure they don't hit the babies. Now remember, once this is all over, don't breathe a word to anyone, especially the cops." Then they all go back to their normal lives afterwards, leaving over a dozen law enforcement agencies completely stumped for over a year.

That would be an historic level of group psychosis/sociopathy. It would make the Manson Family look like amateurs. Anything is possible. But as they say, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Do any of the locals know if it's true that LE went back out TODAY to one of the properties that was searched this weekend?

I just don't see JW blasting gun shots into his former girlfriend and her family...especially in the face. Now I do think a parent(s) or a sibling could have on behalf of the bio dad out of rage or hatred. Maybe intially JW thought he was the bio dad of the newborn.....and things escalated from there within his own family.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Ohio intensifies search in 2016 family slayings

He is not the father of Kylie, who was put in state custody after the slayings.

The family’s farm was sold on March 10 according to real estate listings.

It could not be determined where the Wagner family moved to or if they remain in the Adams/​Pike county area.

The search concluded in Adams County about noon Saturday, authorities said. An area near a barn was encircled with yellow crime scene tape.

http://www.toledoblade.com/State/2017/05/15/Ohio-intensifies-search-in-2016-family-slayings.html

The property of an individual can be searched, for example, when he/she is suspected or when he/she is a victim.

At this point, Do we know why LE is searching these properties? Are we sure to know for whom the SWAT TEAM was there for?

It's an unusual case, as we've all said before. I can see an ex-boyfriend going into a rage of custody issues and murdering the mom, possibly one or two other family members. Sadly we've seen that before. But the idea of a group of friends and cousins, barely out of their teens (with the exception of a few adults who've been thrown into the mix) who grew up, played together, went to school together, etc. would change plans to socialize at the last minute because they knew some among them were going to kill 8 of their close family members in their sleep is still to much for me to believe. Even the Manson Family needed months in the desert, taking acid and being brainwashed by Charlie, a sociopathic ex-con who spent most of his life in prison, to execute 7 people who were total strangers.

It would be like:

"Well, Joe-Bob and Cletus are going to go kill all 8 of the Rhoden's tonight, so I guess we'll have to change our plans. Why don't we just grab a six pack and a bucket of chicken and go watch Netflix while our father/cousins/best friends/daughter/sister/uncle/aunt get massacred in their sleep. Cletus said he'll make sure they don't hit the babies. Now remember, once this is all over, don't breathe a word to anyone, especially the cops." Then they all go back to their normal lives afterwards, leaving over a dozen law enforcement agencies completely stumped for over a year.

That would be an historic level of group psychosis/sociopathy. It would make the Manson Family look like amateurs. Anything is possible. But as they say, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

BBM

How true is that? I'm sorry but that literally made me lol.

The property of an individual can be searched, for example, when he/she is suspected or when he/she is a victim.

At this point, Do we know why LE is searching these properties? Are we sure to know for whom the SWAT TEAM was there for?

The Franklin County Sheriff’s Office spokesman said late Saturday that he was wrong when he said members of that office’s SWAT team searched for suspects in the case.

Marc Gofstein said that SWAT officers were, in fact, helping to look for property and not suspects, as he initially had told the Enquirer on Saturday.

His comments would have marked the first time the word suspect has been used in the 13-month probe of the case.

http://www.toledoblade.com/State/2017/05/15/Ohio-intensifies-search-in-2016-family-slayings.html

Per the article, the search warrant remained open on Saturday and not filed in court. Will be sealed like all the search warrants and court orders in the case.

I just don't see JW blasting gun shots into his former girlfriend and her family...especially in the face. Now I do think a parent(s) or a sibling could have on behalf of the bio dad out of rage or hatred. Maybe intially JW thought he was the bio dad of the newborn.....and things escalated from there within his own family.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I was thinking, earlier, how, when teens have children, and they still live at home, that most times the grandparents feel as if they're parents again. They get up during the night, they help with feedings, diaper changes, potty training, they're there when first words are spoken, first steps are taken, they sit up at night with them when they're sick, they're there financially, and emotionally, from day one. A bond is built. It becomes difficult for grandparents, sometimes, if they have issues surrounding the grandchild's raising, b/c grandparents have few, if any, rights, but are usually 100% emotionally involved.

Although unless the approach was on a hard road there might be evidence of hoofmarks, and poop anywhere along the route.

Keep in mind the AG was quoted as saying this investigation has uncovered previously unknown criminal activity in the area going back decades. JMO, it's about more than child custody, though that's part of the picture.

Could that criminal activity have something to do with the horses? There have been instances involving horse racing where drugs were an issue. Just a thought, nothing solid.

Could that criminal activity have something to do with the horses? There have been instances involving horse racing where drugs were an issue. Just a thought, nothing solid.

I like it, but was thinking more in terms of one man hunting on another man's property and shoots a horse. . . That could be a feuded that had simmered a while and not the complete motive of the murders.

You know that would have to be a brave soul to ride a horse like that in dark woods. I don't think horses can see that good at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem