OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JM arrest for the tracker, the texts and search are only small parts of the story. We miss the JW story.

Here are possible scenarios:

A) JW and family are on vacation and/or moving. He is free to do so. No problem, LE can join him if needed. He is cooperative.

B) JW is under protection by LE. He spoke. It's big. LE went on his property under his indication

C) JW and his family are running away from law. LE has or hasn't issued an arrest warrant. They are not disclosing.

D) JW and family have disappeared and feared dead. LE is searching their bodies. They haven't told us yet.

I don't believe in A. I think D is a serious possibility. Tell me why we should discard any of the above.

I think it is very possible that JW moving has nothing to do with being guilty of anything. Being truck drivers and truck mechanics, I'm sure there is good demand for that type of work in Alaska and very good pay. We don't know if that move was not planned or researched for a while previous. The place was for sale. Maybe someone made an offer to buy if they could moving right away and they took the offer. They may have been planning to move because of the same LE scrutiny LM's family is getting. We don't know because they don't talk like LM does. There is a lot of jumping to conclusions in this case because so little is known. The 2:00am text was a big deal till it was sent at 9:00pm. Even then people say those two should not have anything in common because of the age difference. I think everyone including LE is willing to run with anything that might seem to be an action a guilty person might do.

LM stated a while back that BJM had failed one of her polygraphs (I believe it was the initial one) because, IIRC, statements she made concerning her actions upon arriving at the scene. JM failed one of his as well. I really and truly feel for LM, and I understand his desire to protect his family, but I also feel - giving him the full benefit of doubt, there is a whole lot of denial going on in that head of his.
LE would not be "harrassing" his family if they would stop - from LE's point of view "hindering the investigation" by holding back. Even if they have valid reasons.
JM told Len that he sent the text at 8 but JW didn't receive it until 2. Len is choosing to believe that. It is completely possible it is true and it is completely possible JM lied to his father. I do not want to believe family had anything to do with the murders but at this point I have to believe they (JM and BJM) know more than they are saying, which in turn is causing their parents undue stress as a reult.

I think they are focusing on the LM family because they are most likely the people who would, know the dogs, know where cameras were located, know the work schedules, already have their DNA all over all the scenes, get easy access, etc.. That does not make them guilty but they are the only people LE knows that fit so many parameters...

Keep in mind, Len M revealed in a recent interview that LE retrieved video from a camera CRSr had hidden in a bird house. If Len knew it was there, then JM and BJM knew it, too. If Manleys were involved in helping the killers, why would they leave one of the cameras in place?

We don't know. Legally speaking, they may not have been able to, but they could have done those extensive searches earlier and possibly retrieved enough evidence to warrant some kind of charge. Recall they arrested JM on a minor charge, they could have done the same with JM. I just have a gut feeling JW, through money and legal help, has better access to and control of the system, allowing him to get out of town early.

Or they let him leave town knowing he would store stuff somewhere and they could get access to it and house once sold. Considering how they packed up you know any important stuff would have been in a box trailer,not a open stock trailer

[emoji237]Always My Own Opinion[emoji4]

LM stated a while back that BJM had failed one of her polygraphs (I believe it was the initial one) because, IIRC, statements she made concerning her actions upon arriving at the scene. JM failed one of his as well. I really and truly feel for LM, and I understand his desire to protect his family, but I also feel - giving him the full benefit of doubt, there is a whole lot of denial going on in that head of his.
LE would not be "harrassing" his family if they would stop - from LE's point of view "hindering the investigation" by holding back. Even if they have valid reasons.
JM told Len that he sent the text at 8 but JM didn't receive it until 2. Len is choosing to believe that. It is completely possible it is true and it is completely possible JM lied to his father. I do not want to believe family had anything to do with the murders but at this point I have to believe they (JM and BJM) know more than they are saying, which in turn is causing their parents undue stress as a reult.

Exactly. Why in the world would the Manleys not cooperate with LE? If that's my family (and I've got nothing to hide) I'm giving LE everything they ask for. Perception is reality and the perception looks like the Manleys don't want this solved.

Whatever their reasons are I don't know. But they're hiding something

JM arrest for the tracker, the texts and search are only small parts of the story. We miss the JW story.

Here are possible scenarios:

A) JW and family are on vacation and/or moving. He is free to do so. No problem, LE can join him if needed. He is cooperative.

B) JW is under protection by LE. He spoke. It's big. LE went on his property under his indication

C) JW and his family are running away from law. LE has or hasn't issued an arrest warrant. They are not disclosing.

D) JW and family have disappeared and feared dead. LE is searching their bodies. They haven't told us yet.

I don't believe in A. I think D is a serious possibility. Tell me why we should discard any of the above.

Because JW and company is alive and well on social media, posting photos and selfies of themselves in an Alaska setting that is very well know anyone living in Alaska or who has ever been there and talking about attending church with friends who live in AK.

I would say that discounts D and gives credibility to A and C

Either that or JM told him when he found the tracker and he knew the noose was tightening. I do believe in coincidences, but there's been far too much revealed this past week to think it's mere coincidence any longer.

1. JM and JW texted at the most likely time the murders were happening

2. JM wife was texting DR in that same time frame

3. After JM finds tracking device JW packs in an obvious rush and disappears to parts unknown.

No way that's mere coincidence.

It has been determined the JM text was sent 9:00 pm not 2:00 am.

Number two is not suspicious if the two were friends and JM's wife saw DR on SM and knew she was up yet.

We have no idea if number three is a possibility. It could be coincidence. For all we know, JW could have notified LE they were moving.

Keep in mind, Len M revealed in a recent interview that LE retrieved video from a camera CRSr had hidden in a bird house. If Len knew it was there, then JM and BJM knew it, too. If Manleys were involved in helping the killers, why would they leave one of the cameras in place?

In the hopes LE will have the same thought. Same with all of the other information they have given that could be seen as incriminating. Just a thought.

Number two is not suspicious if the two were friends and JM's wife saw DR on SM and knew she was up yet.

We have no idea if number three is a possibility. It could be coincidence. For all we know, JW could have notified LE they were moving.

#1 was not determined. That's what JM told LM. He chooses to believe that. I don't unless/until LE announces that.

I don't know that it has been established. It is what JM told his father and what his father believes to be true. So 50/50 possibility at best.

I was wondering if possibly one of the big media outlets may have offered to give the money for an on camera exclusive.

The cash came into hand quick somehow from the time he stated they have half the bond until this evening.

There's plenty of Cashloan and auto title places in the area, that pray on people that are hard pressed for quick cash, at exorbitant interest rates. So, IMO they probably got the cash quite easy.

True, but selling it for $10,000 less than they paid for it tells me they wanted out in a hurry.

Have they said when the property was put on the market?

Because of things happening in my neighborhood, I could not sell my house unless I took less than I paid for it. If they were already trying to sell, a sure sell might be the motivating factor...

Exactly. Why in the world would the Manleys not cooperate with LE? If that's my family (and I've got nothing to hide) I'm giving LE everything they ask for. Perception is reality and the perception looks like the Manleys don't want this solved.

Whatever their reasons are I don't know. But they're hiding something

They have been cooperating with LE. Multiple interviews, DNA testing, multiple lie detector tests - all without having an attorney represent their interests. JM may be withholding some additional information, but he's cooperated so far. If, as some speculate, he received money for his participation in the murders, why hasn't he used those funds to hire an attorney or sell his place and leave town? (JMO, at this point I don't think he has received any money from the killers).

I don't recall, it was in an online listing. I'm in and out of here this morning but can look it up later. Yes, they took a loss on the home (sold on March 10), so they knew months ago that some real heat was coming down from LE.

It would also be interesting to know when they hired an attorney. Assume that's already happened. If they have an attorney, they may have gotten early warning through them. DeWine and Reader were trying to keep things quiet, but apparently something leaked or these people wouldn't have put their home on the market. Could be they were spooked by LE interviews or a previous search of their property. Assume DeWine & Reader were disappointed that JW got out of town before the raid, but maybe not. Maybe JW's attorney talked to LE and said "Look, they're selling and leaving town. You can come in after that and do a big search."

My other question: How did LE know to search the Brown property? Assume they tracking JW before the raid, so why didn't they stop them from leaving town?

I'm sure the family was being watched. LE may not have a legitimate reason to stop them from moving. I think the search was LE hoping to find something they might be able to use. It doesn't show guilt any more than a tracking device on JM's truck.

There's plenty of Cashloan and auto title places in the area, that pray on people that are hard pressed for quick cash, at exorbitant interest rates. So, IMO they probably got the cash quite easy.

Their are also bail bondsmen who make similar arrangements.

I have always thought KR was killed, not as a piece of the other 7 murder scheme, but separately.

KR's murder didn't match the other murders.

My theories:

1. He was killed to make the crimes appear to be drug cartel, thus the scattering of cash around his body (cartel "statement")

2. He was an accomplice.

3. He was killed as simply robbery, as a crime of opportunity, because the killers knew he kept large amounts of cash.

My thought has been 3 all along and not necessarily by the same perps as the others...

I don't know if we can say it has been determined/confirmed it was sent at 9PM. I think we can say LM's understanding is that is when it took place.

Thanks. I didn't think about those avenues.

In the hopes LE will have the same thought. Same with all of the other information they have given that could be seen as incriminating. Just a thought.

Oy. If they were involved, that's risking having themselves appear on camera as well as making the killers very angry with them, putting their own lives at risk. Also doesn't explain why they kept telling LE & news media that the killers were known to the families because of the dangerous dogs. If they were involved, that would be incriminating evidence, why make a big deal of saying it? Both arguments portray Manleys as either diabolically smart or very dumb, they can't be both. I'm trying to sort this out myself and am not convinced either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikkit2110