OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not believe C because a whole family, 2 grand parents, 2 brothers and 2 children can't hide for long.

If you believe C, any day they can be arrested

Why is that so? Because you saw a SM posting?

What if the "aggravated murder" for which a warrant was issued, was theirs. That truck was purchase last march.
I don't believe that this family would kill their own daughter and granddaughter and a young grandson.

"...you know, they went out and done a lot of search warrants, stuff like that, took bedding from an old man who was bedfast, c'mon" why would you take blankets and stuff from a guy that's bedfast?"

Who was the bedfast guy?
My first thought was maybe a patient told the police someone was with Dana before she left. And he sat on his bed or something. Depending the set up of work, that might not be possible. But I ran community homes and it definitely would have been possible for a visitor to come, especially to bring food or pickup from shift. Maybe that visitor actually went home with her. No entry needed.....

Len sounds like he has an accent, but also maybe a speech issue/ hearing issue? That's what the text/ touch word reminded me of.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Hope this theory is not too outrageous.
Individual arrives home late, partner intoxicated or stoned. Or they argue for one reason or another. Things escalate and a shot fired accidentally killing an individual. Maybe a shot to the neck ?Word quickly spreads and other individuals arrive to sort it out. Probably things had been simmering for a while. These individuals belt the daylights out of the suspected shooter and systematically shoot others to make it look like a drug hit and to prevent other family members getting pay back down the track. Hope that makes some sense.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts! That's not that outrageous, I don't think. I mean, this seems like a pretty outrageous situation from what we know, but I don't think your scenario is totally unrealistic at all. I could see some of the puzzling situations going on being explained by it, depending on who exactly you have in mind.

You're saying use the W abundance of funds to challenge the R family legally for custody of S? Maybe the family wasn't aware there was a problem about the custody. Or do you see the desire to raise S something that was shared by the grandparents?

No, I think that JW probably knew what CR1, KR, and GR, did for extra money. Drop a dime on them. While they're being investigated for a three indoor grows at two locations (at least this is what we've been told most recently), make a move to take HR to family court, for primary custody. Perfect timing. It may not have worked, but it does seem more level headed and preferable than murdering your daughter's mother and entire maternal family. If he did have anything to do with the Rhoden/Gilley murders, he's a horrible person, no matter his justification, or that of those who helped, and his actions will leave a child w/o a mother and a father.

Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts! That's not that outrageous, I don't think. I mean, this seems like a pretty outrageous situation from what we know, but I don't think your scenario is totally unrealistic at all. I could see some of the puzzling situations going on being explained by it, depending on who exactly you have in mind.
I'm guessing if D was shot by C and Ds family found out they would arrive at the house and belt the daylights out of C before shooting C possibly a number of times. I believe LE know who shooter is but can't prove it.
IMO only

The thought of grandparents murdering their grandchildren is just so awful that I am hoping that theory is wrong.

My theory does not include LM or JdyM. Just sayin...

I agree. I know Canada very well. In addition, locals would notice your regional accent.

There was this case many years ago. A winnipeg family was housing a young man who said was from eastern Canada. He was a fugitive from Texas. They called RCMP because they did not believe his story. They figured it by the way he pronounced "roof" which clearly sounded south.

If someone had friends in the region, and had visited the area before, kept in contact, and decided they wanted to move to that beautiful part of the world that they fell in love with, then it might not be as far-fetched of an idea. These are folks who have moved in a different circle than the Rhodens or the Manleys. I'm not saying their circle is better, it's just broader. These folks that are into these horses travel around far and wide to go to clinics, create and join FB groups to keep in contact, etc... Those contacts could come in handy. The Ws may be the exception though.

IMO the autopsy reports hold the key to motive, that is why they haven't been released in their entirety. Not sure if I can speculate but I feel there was more than one shooter and one of the shooters is dead.

I think we may share a theory.

Edit: No, not same theory.

I'm guessing if D was shot by C and Ds family found out they would arrive at the house and belt the daylights out of C before shooting C possibly a number of times. I believe LE know who shooter is but can't prove it.
IMO only

Simple and realistic theory. It could also explain the KR situation. Some people solve their problems this way.

Now, I don't know what to make of the JW situation. If it wasn't for that raid, i would believe your theory.

Maybe the JW panic search was a prank. To think about

If someone had friends in the region, and had visited the area before, kept in contact, and decided they wanted to move to that beautiful part of the world that they fell in love with, then it might not be as far-fetched of an idea. These are folks who have moved in a different circle than the Rhodens or the Manleys. I'm not saying their circle is better, it's just broader. These folks that are into these horses travel around far and wide to go to clinics, create and join FB groups to keep in contact, etc... Those contacts could come in handy. The Ws may be the exception though.

Moving officially maybe, escaping justice for a long while i dont think so.

Let's give it 2 more weeks to see where the JW situation lands. Time will tell for sure.

Simple and realistic theory. It could also explain the KR situation. Some people solve their problems this way.

Now, I don't know what to make of the JW situation. If it wasn't for that raid, i would believe your theory.

Maybe the JW panic search was a prank. To think about
LE may see JW as week link ?

Moving officially maybe, escaping justice for a long while i dont think so.

Let's give it 2 more weeks to see where the JW situation lands. Time will tell for sure.

Agree, but, if they were a part of the murders, they were naive enough to think that they'd get away with murdering eight people for the rest of their lives, so they may be naive enough to think that they can throw a few things in some bags and relocate, far, far away from the Piketon sheriff and BCI.

Agree, but, if they were a part of the murders, they were naive enough to think that they'd get away with murdering eight people for the rest of their lives, so they may be naive enough to think that they can throw a few things in some bags and relocate, far, far away from the Piketon sheriff and BCI.

The mother seems too smart for that. I just dont know. We'll see.

I am travelling today. Just out of the tunnel. I'll come back later to chat.

Why is that so? Because you saw a SM posting?
More because they packed all their stuff before they took off. Pretty clear they're running from something. Question is are they running from LE or a threat? My guess is the former.

IMO KR was shot because if he found out who killed his brother's he would retaliate.

Disagree. I think KR was killed after the other murders. By someone that heard the killings described as "execution style" and assumed one head shot. By someone who knew KR was known to have cash on hand and used the cover of the other murders to take the cash for themselves.

It's really the only explanation why it took so long for his body to be "found".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Name Here