OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You noticed how LM wouldn't answer the question as to who the truck was purchased from, I reckon.
OMG he did say who they bought it from..he said their last name was Freeze or Free but he couldnt remember the first name

IMO, there's been a lot going around in that Co for a long, long, time. I read somewhere that the W's were connected to P&G in Cincinnati? They had a barn fire that killed some of those beautiful horses a few years back.
Influencial (SP)/Wealthy family.
Drugs/dealers
Cars/New/Used?
Murders
Hmmmm.... sure does sound like something big!

What is P & G in Cincinnati. Is there a link?

Because the brazen killers have guns with silencers and aren't afraid to use them.

Instead of antagonizing BCI, I'd be meeting with DeWine to find out if he could get me and my family into the witness protection program in exchange for testimony. This is the biggest murder investigation ever in the state of Ohio and DeWine has a lot of pull.

My state better step up their game or I am going to have to use my passport to go to the post office let alone fly in a plane.

From everything I read and hear most people think if they get into trouble they can run to either Mexico or Canada or Alaska and hide.

Mexico because they think it is such a backward country they can buy off the police and live in peace. Big mistake. Mexican authorities are just like the police in the USA. There are a few bad apples that will sell out to the cartels not for money,but for protection for their families. And there is a very bad vibe down there right now against Americans. My daughter in law is from Mexico and still has family there so she keeps up with national trends. Also Mexicans watch TV and have cable and are very current with the news. For instance my DIL's mother called her 10 minutes after it aired on the news that a tornado hit here asking if she was ok. Anyone in Mexico would love to have that 10000.00 reward.

They think Canada because they can "live off the land" and disappear into the wilderness. You might be able to live off the land in the USA where there is a town no less than 25 miles away, but anyone who thinks they can do the same in the Canadian wilderness has never been to the Canada wilderness. Towns there are sometimes 100 miles apart and the people in those tiny one building towns are very curious. They don't have a lot else to do besides watch TV and gossip with everyone who comes through. They too are very current on news from the USA. Again anyone in the Canadian wilderness would love to share in any rewards.

They think Alaska because it is seen as this huge vast space you can disappear in. Big mistake. In reality most of the northern parts of Alaska are inhabitable and the parts that are habitable are not much different than Pike County. Not much room to hide.

Mexico and Canada have extradition treaties with the USA. Mexico will not extradite Mexican citizens or anyone born in Mexico if the death penalty is in play, but Americans are fair game. They deport them back to the USA ASAP. Alaska is obviously going to extradite.

Like the old saying. You can run but you can't hide. Or is that you can hide but you can't run? Well something like that anyway.

I agree. I know Canada very well. In addition, locals would notice your regional accent.

There was this case many years ago. A winnipeg family was housing a young man who said was from eastern Canada. He was a fugitive from Texas. They called RCMP because they did not believe his story. They figured it by the way he pronounced "roof" which clearly sounded south.

I think it's more common in Leonard's generation or older but not as pronounced in younger.

I, too, have an accent from that region. Mine isn't quite like LM's either. I think it's possible that strong emotion might be causing his speech/accent to be more exaggerated than usual. I feel for him so.

Anyone else having trouble with the way this thread is working tonight? I can't or don't have the "thanks" opinion.

Thanks doesn't work sometimes for me, and Reply With Quote is being stubborn.

That's the logging job in Lima, OH? They do their work at night? How do we know this? Have only seen a brief news media reference to his work in the last few days.

I was going only off of LM's description of LE picking up JM from work in the middle of the night in order to issue a polygraph exam. Did I misread a previous post??

It seems it's come down to, the Manleys are all they ever had and they are staying with them whether there's motive or not. I was surprised today to learn just how much the family has been interrogated and scrutinized in the last year.
IMO the autopsy reports hold the key to motive, that is why they haven't been released in their entirety. Not sure if I can speculate but I feel there was more than one shooter and one of the shooters is dead.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I think that it is far more incriminating that the Ws sold out fast and took off for Alaska, (if they even did), than anything that seems to incriminate JM.

Of course, I don't know what LE knows.

I agree with you, Jennifer17. I think what certain members of the W family has done is far, far more incriminating.

The Manleys don't have influence, money, or an attorney on retainer who blocks LE from harassing them.

BCI is in charge and has been since day one. Why would a state LE agency harass the family of murder victims? The whole harassment theme just doesn't ring true to me. I think there is a lot that we do not know. JMO.

IMO the autopsy reports hold the key to motive, that is why they haven't been released in their entirety. Not sure if I can speculate but I feel there was more than one shooter and one of the shooters is dead.

Can you say how you think the shooter died?

I think you're right about the autopsy reports! It's crazy because I was just talking to someone about what kind of information LE might be trying to keep private and why. Maybe the possibility of the unredacted reports coming out soon explains the timing of the searches, the tracking device, and the widely-publicized arrest. If one of the victims has gunshot residue on their hands, for example, that will tell a whole lot.

I'd love to hear your theory, by the way, if you want. We can speculate, just not accuse, and lots of times we try to be a little broad and not name names or even initials to try to avoid direct blame.

JM arrest for the tracker, the texts and search are only small parts of the story. We miss the JW story.

Here are possible scenarios:

A) JW and family are on vacation and/or moving. He is free to do so. No problem, LE can join him if needed. He is cooperative.

B) JW is under protection by LE. He spoke. It's big. LE went on his property under his indication

C) JW and his family are running away from law. LE has or hasn't issued an arrest warrant. They are not disclosing.

D) JW and family have disappeared and feared dead. LE is searching their bodies. They haven't told us yet.

I don't believe in A. I think D is a serious possibility. Tell me why we should discard any of the above.

I'm kind of thinking it is C. I also think that somehow the truck (JM's truck) is tied into this and LE needs info from JM in order to have probable cause to issue an arrest warrant for one or more of the W's. JMO

I think you're right about the autopsy reports! It's crazy because I was just talking to someone about what kind of information LE might be trying to keep private and why. Maybe the possibility of the unredacted reports coming out soon explains the timing of the searches, the tracking device, and the widely-publicized arrest. If one of the victims has gunshot residue on their hands, for example, that will tell a whole lot.

I'd love to hear your theory, by the way, if you want. We can speculate, just not accuse, and lots of times we try to be a little broad and not name names or even initials to try to avoid direct blame.
Hope this theory is not too outrageous.
Individual arrives home late, partner intoxicated or stoned. Or they argue for one reason or another. Things escalate and a shot fired accidentally killing an individual. Maybe a shot to the neck ?Word quickly spreads and other individuals arrive to sort it out. Probably things had been simmering for a while. These individuals belt the daylights out of the suspected shooter and systematically shoot others to make it look like a drug hit and to prevent other family members getting pay back down the track. Hope that makes some sense.

You didn't ask me, but my thoughts are D may be out because of what you stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member