OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know of people who say they sent a text but the person didn't get it till the next day. So that is very possible.

Definitely. I've noticed when my phone is in airplane mode, any texts coming in have the time that I turned airplane mode off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You noticed how LM wouldn't answer the question as to who the truck was purchased from, I reckon.

Yep. He said he didn't remember, and then he quickly terminated the conversation and successfully avoided any other questions on the issue. Interesting.

I would like to think that I was too, but I still cannot remember who she bought the car from.

I bet you would make it a point to know the name of who sold your daughter the car if LE thought that car had been involved in the aggravated murders of your own close family members.

It's possible JM's text didn't reach JW's phone until 2 am because JW had his phone turned off while out shopping for diapers and a m m o.

I bet you would make it a point to know the name of who sold your daughter the car if LE thought that car had been involved in the aggravated murders of your own close family members.

I would ask my daughter who she bought the car from.

Proctor and Gamble big company in Cincinnati. Make soap, detergents all kinds of things.

Proctor and Gamble is a multinational company. They have factories all over the world. The Ws may have shares in the company, but I doubt that they are big players in that company,

I agree with that. I noticed it and it's been niggling at me today. That was a pretty obvious fib.

And this is why that LM should try and not talk to the media, nor LE, w/o a lawyer present (no matter how much interesting info it give us).

My comment was misinterpreted. I LM is a lot smarter than he appears to be. He appears to have a razor sharp memory on many things and that is most definitely a sign of intelligence. Unfortunately, in today's interview, he couldn't remember the name of the friend of JM who sold the truck to JM. That only matters for those of us who are curious. I'm sure LE knows who owned the truck prior to JM, and it may or may not be pertinent to this case. My guess is that it is pertinent to the case, and that is because of the warrant.

That said, I would agree that LE (meaning BCI who was in charge since day 1) appears to have focused on JM and also BJM. I think BCI has tried multiple ways to shake information out of them that they believe will help them solve the murders. It doesn't appear they have had any luck on this yet.

I personally do NOT think that any of the Manley's committed the murders. But the fact is, someone did. I think LE (BCI) believes JM and perhaps AM and BJM knows more than what they are willing to say. I don't know what LM knows. But I do think LM is intelligent and I also think he is trying to control things in his own way, through media interviews, etc. in an attempt to protect his family.

I also believe that with BCI running the case, the element of past or current local injustices, issues with the wealthy being in control, etc. is pretty much off the table. BCI has a job to do and that is to solve these murders.

Honestly I don't see how sticking a tracking device on the truck gleaned much information. Unless, they thought that truck may make a visit to its prior owner, and since they feel the truck was possibly used in the commission of the murders, that would be interesting information. The tracking device, I think, was something they came up with to stir stuff up. They know who previously owned that truck. What is that person doing now? Where are they? Did all of this stuff suddenly hitting the news make them previous truck owner uncomfortable?

ADMIN NOTES: Here are some clear parameters around the recent developments

You can freely discuss what is in the MSM.

1) CUSTODY DISPUTE - The fact that a custody dispute is SAID to have existed can be discussed.

2) PROPERTIES SEARCHED - what has been discussed in MSM (addresses, property owners, recent sale, etc) can be freely discussed.

3) DRUG ANGLE - that possible angle has been allowed since LE first announced that the grow op was found. That is still okay to theorize about.

4) TRUCK TRACKING - It has been reported that the police obtained a warrant to electronically track the movements of a truck belonging to the brother of a victim. You may discuss what is covered in the MSM

5) SUSPECTS/POIs - there are still NO named suspects or POIs. So keep discussion of possible motive relating to any of the above BROAD and without accusation or naming a specific person(s) as the murderer(s).

Continue to use initials. Keep theories broad and as non identifying as possible. Remember that what you put out there stays out there and affects real people. NO SLEUTHING of anyone associated with the searched properties or the owner of the truck. That includes the social media of any of the persons associated with those properties or that of their friends and/or family members.

This admin is awesome.. other threads could use this IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He says first "from an old man who is bedfast" - it's at 2:42

http://www.fox19.com/story/35453014...of-arrests-investigators-couldnt-catch-a-cold

So who is the invalid old man he's referring to?

No clue! It may have been a patient that Dana cared for. That's the strange thing about LM in his interviews with the media. He throws things out there but he often doesn't back up his comments with anything. In the interview today, a reporter asked him who he thought killed his family and LM said "I'm not going to say". The reporter said "why not"?

Good question! Why not say it to the police and stop all of this insanity?

I feel so conflicted seeing poor Leonard over and over, answering questions for long stretches of time the best he can for more than a year. On one hand, maybe this is going to help bring about some sort of justice by pressuring those involved. On the other, first of all, this may be taking a terrible emotional and mental toll on him in addition to the already unimaginable toll of having lost his family and having other family members so closely investigated. Secondly, does anyone else feel like it's getting uncomfortably exploitative of the reporters to continue to question him? I mean, they seem to be respectful to him and are doing their jobs, so it's not that I blame them, really. But is it good for Leonard to do this? I really worry about him. Maybe he wants to talk, maybe it helps him feel like he's speaking up and standing up for his family. I don't know. It doesn't feel right.

I agree, Audrey. It just doesn't feel right. It seems the press are badgering Leonard. And the questions-could they be any more on the nose? "How does it feel after 13 months for no one to be arrested yet...?" I think we all know that he's sure not doing a happy dance!!! He's been through so, so much. The press could at least be less insulting in their questions. They are like vultures.

No clue! It may have been a patient that Dana cared for. That's the strange thing about LM in his interviews with the media. He throws things out there but he often doesn't back up his comments with anything. In the interview today, a reporter asked him who he thought killed his family and LM said "I'm not going to say". The reporter said "why not"?

Good question! Why not say it to the police and stop all of this insanity?

Because the brazen killers have guns with silencers and aren't afraid to use them.

Ok we have to remember that everyone's got their own opinions on what happened and even though we have a little more information, it's not really pointing to anyone in particular. Everybodys trying to figure out what's going on. My point when talking about the Manley's is "why" are LE on their backs? I don't think their just playing games with them. I don't want to think someone's own family would do something so very terrible to their loved one's either. But I'm sorry to say it happens. Seems more so today than yesterday. We have drugs involved in this to, people on drugs have been know to do unthinkable things to other people. I think LE in starting to push people in hopes someone gets scared or nervous/mad enough that someone starts talking. They said they would twice already and now their following through. Thing is we don't know what is really going on, were just guessing.

The Manleys don't have influence, money, or an attorney on retainer who blocks LE from harassing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member