OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if JM's attorney will talk to him. Really, Len was pretty quiet for a long time. He didn't start speaking out again until recently, when LE betrayed his trust. During most of fall, winter & spring, he was pretty quiet. He's still holding back on some stuff, but he's really mad at LE. He trusted them and they used and betrayed him. Can't say I blame him for being angry.

I don't know, part of me agrees and feels badly for him, but... LE mostly likely told all family members at the start NOT to talk to the media and not to be talking about anything relating to the investigation or what LE was telling them. Once it became clear that LM was going to talk regardless, why shouldn't LE use that to their advantage? Especially if they think family members are either involved or simply withholding information?

LE has one job, that is to solve the crime. It is not to worry about how the family members feel about them or to keep them in the loop. When they can & do that's great, but it isn't their job .

I expect that JM's lawyer will do as all defense lawyers would and try to get LM to stop talking to anyone and to simply learn to say "no comment". I also expect LM to be unable to do that for very long. Frankly, in this case he is a defense attorney's nightmare.

LM is saying the text was sent at 8 PM or 9 Pm that night but JW did not get it until 2 AM. He also indicates JW would not bring SR to their house to receive a present. Also that police went into the house to find his grandson three times that day and couldn't find him because he was between the bed and the wall.

So sad for LM.

I know of people who say they sent a text but the person didn't get it till the next day. So that is very possible.

This is in reference to Jennifer17 post if the quote gets lost in transition because the "reply with quote" and I don't have a good relationship.

And also, if JM is in some way involved, why would he even have this truck in his possession?

The crazy thing with this truck business to me is whoever was the previous owner knows now they, or someone else that drove their truck that night, is a prime POI.

Flip side of that is JM and immediate family knows that now as well.

This really could be the scenario that gets someone talking that possibly hasn't been fully upfront in the past.

"...you know, they went out and done a lot of search warrants, stuff like that, took bedding from an old man who was bedfast, c'mon" why would you take blankets and stuff from a guy that's bedfast?"

Who was the bedfast guy?

I am not accusing anyone, but, being family, they would have the element of surprise and could show up at any hour and be allowed inside, dogs would know them, they know the homes, and the properties, they know the family schedule and could make last minute adjustments for schedule changes. Also, I'd be kind of surprised if the Manleys, Rhodens, or Wagners, didn't know their way around handling a firearm.

I'm like most of ya'll, I've studied this six ways from Sunday for over a year now, and family has ended up in my top three theories every time. I truly hope though, that that theory is wrong.

The thought of grandparents murdering their grandchildren is just so awful that I am hoping that theory is wrong.

The crazy thing with this truck business to me is whoever was the previous owner knows now they, or someone else that drove their truck that night, is a prime POI.

This really could be the scenario that gets someone talking that possibly hasn't been fully upfront in the past.
You noticed how LM wouldn't answer the question as to who the truck was purchased from, I reckon.

Or gets someone shot! :bigfight:

This also plays into what Reader said in one of his statements that people who had hindered the investigation in any way would be arrested. I can't remember which Reader interview it was, but it has been referenced many times.

"...you know, they went out and done a lot of search warrants, stuff like that, took bedding from an old man who was bedfast, c'mon" why would you take blankets and stuff from a guy that's bedfast?"

Who was the bedfast guy?

Bedfast = In bed fast asleep?

The thought of grandparents murdering their grandchildren is just so awful that I am hoping that theory is wrong.

Yes, this does it for me, too. No way could I see family members killing so many of their family. Maybe a sister and partner, but never your grandchildren.

You noticed how LM wouldn't answer the question as to who the truck was purchased from, I reckon.
n

My daughter bought a car from a friend of a friend. I couldn't tell you their name, although I probably did hear it at the time.

n

My daughter bought a car from a friend of a friend. I couldn't tell you their name, although I probably did hear it at the time.
Just thinking how LM is sharp as a tack most of the time.

Perhaps AM was playing a long distance lookout of sorts. Sending texts to DR so she could let the killers know whether or not DR was still up. Whatever the case is, it's pretty damning that JW was texting JM and AM was texting DR in the middle of the night.

I guess my question would be why did it take a year to release info on the texts? That's something they should've discovered the first day of the investigation.

I think LE knew about the text messages very early on and the texts may have been part of what led LE to request polygraphs.

Just a thought..what if JW was texting JM with some type of threat or warning about something "bad" may happen..and AM was texting DR to see if she was okay, not really believing the warning, etc..after the murders, maybe JM wasn't talking out of fear for his family's safety..This case is SO frustrating and hard to follow with all the people that could be involved..I don't think LM had anything to do with murders. IMO
This also plays into what Reader said in one of his statements that people who had hindered the investigation in any way would be arrested. I can't remember which Reader interview it was, but it has been referenced many times.

I don't know, part of me agrees and feels badly for him, but... LE mostly likely told all family members at the start NOT to talk to the media and not to be talking about anything relating to the investigation or what LE was telling them. Once it became clear that LM was going to talk regardless, why shouldn't LE use that to their advantage? Especially if they think family members are either involved or simply withholding information?

LE has one job, that is to solve the crime. It is not to worry about how the family members feel about them or to keep them in the loop. When they can & do that's great, but it isn't their job .

I expect that JM's lawyer will do as all defense lawyers would and try to get LM to stop talking to anyone and to simply learn to say "no comment". I also expect LM to be unable to do that for very long. Frankly, in this case he is a defense attorney's nightmare.

My thoughts exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member