OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Driving trucks I guess.

eta: How did all of this start? Oh yeah, HR died and JW as the father received full custody which HR had refused to relinquish per LM.

Forgot to add that and it's a big one.
Following that line of thought, the other children were put in safe keeping. One of which he may have fathered.

I haven't forgot the JM situation but the JW side of the equation is a lot heavier based on what has been revealed thus far. With this case though, it's hard to say what we hear next. Just hope to see more action and arrests in the near future.

Ok, so what would putting a tracking device on his vehicle going to prove?
It was installed the day before the one year anniversary of the massacre. My guess is that a sheriff's office employee watched way too many Criminal Minds episodes and decided JM would revisit the crime scene and where he tossed the weapons on the anniversary.

It was installed the day before the one year anniversary of the massacre. My guess is that a sheriff's office employee watched way too many Criminal Minds episodes and decided JM would revisit the crime scene and where he tossed the weapons on the anniversary.
With or without the device would LE know where JM went by now or was the evidence destroyed?

With or without the device would LE know where JM went by now or was the evidence destroyed?
The coordinates of where JM traveled with the device on his truck were transmitted to a receiver, so the evidence of where JM traveled wasn't destroyed when he smashed the unit.

The coordinates of where JM traveled with the device on his truck were transmitted to a receiver, so the evidence of where JM traveled wasn't destroyed when he smashed the unit.
Thank you. For JM's sake I'm glad and I hope goes well with him but the family needs to dial it back a few with the anger and sarcasm. JMHO

That was a weird article. I followed this case daily on here for weeks when it first happened, and this article does not jive with what I was reading from posters who lived in that area were posting, such as locals not caring and acting like they hadn't heard of the murders etc... I wouldn't even call this an article. JMO

It wasn't b/c they didn't care, it was b/c she was an outsider. They gave her the cold shoulder, basically.

LOL true! My husband is from Ohio and he calls himself a Yankee! No southern accent there....

Piketon is not in the south, but they are in Appalachia. Most folks in the region don't take kindly to outsiders coming in and poking into their business. Especially pretending to be something they're not (bringing a Northern friend to trot out a Southern accent). I thought the Hazlitt article was interesting b/c it gave a viewpoint of someone who came in from outside.

They said they put the tracker on there b/c the truck, was used by its previous owner in the commission of aggravated murder, or with the intent of committing aggravated murder. I can't believe a judge signed off on that. JM didn't even own the truck last year. What was him driving the truck around going to tell them, a year later, and it no longer in the previous owner's hands? If they wanted to cast the tire treads, that I could see.

[FONT=&amp]the warrant, signed by Pike County Common Pleas Judge Timothy Hogan, indicated authorities believe the truck was “used as a means of the commission of the crime’’ of aggravated murder. Or it was in the possession of another person with the intent to use the vehicle as a means of committing the crime.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]

http://www.fox19.com/story/35435841...ps-tracker-on-truck-of-rhoden-victims-brother

[/FONT]I agree w/this Gallagher atty., I think it is an example of govt. overreach. FWIW, JM, nor AM, have ever had a drug charge.[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]
But Gallagher, who argued the first GPS tracker case in the state, said the charges in the Manley case seemed like an overreach.
[FONT=&amp]

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ng-pike-county-massacre-case-court/101773632/[/FONT]

Good analysis, very plausible. I'd been hesitant to bring this up, but in the legal filings of the Columbus Dispatch lawsuit to view the autopsy reports, the BCI agent in charge of the Piketon investigation submitted written testimony. His job, prior to coming to work for BCI several years ago, was a security officer on the Ohio State Campus. He probably hasn't investigated many murders before this, if any.

Maybe they wanted to see where he might go in response to the increased pressure, such as the warrants served on JW. And the high bail and 4 year sentence might be leverage to get him to talk. Just a thought.

They said they put the tracker on there b/c the truck, was used by its previous owner in the commission of aggravated murder, or with the intent of committing aggravated murder. I can't believe a judge signed off on that. JM didn't even own the truck last year. What was him driving the truck around going to tell them, a year later, and it no longer in the previous owner's hands? If they wanted to cast the tire treads, that I could see.

[FONT=&amp]

http://www.fox19.com/story/35435841...ps-tracker-on-truck-of-rhoden-victims-brother

[/FONT]I agree w/this Gallagher atty., I think it is an example of govt. overreach. FWIW, JM, nor AM, have ever had a drug charge.[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ng-pike-county-massacre-case-court/101773632/[/FONT]

Since JM didn't own that truck at the time of the murders, it appears someone in the BCI lied to a judge about the need for a gps tracking device on his truck (used in the commission of homicide). What is the penalty for lying to a judge to get a search warrant?

If you've got money and influence, the rules are different in southern Ohio.

I live in southern OH and this is the funniest comment I've ever see on WS. 😂
Money and influence mean different rules EVERYWHERE, not just southern OH.

According to our media partners at the Cincinnati Enquirer, the warrant, signed by Pike County Common Pleas Judge Timothy Hogan, indicated authorities believe the truck was “used as a means of the commission of the crime’’ of aggravated murder. Or it was in the possession of another person with the intent to use the vehicle as a means of committing the crime.
http://www.fox19.com/story/35435841/warrant-investigators-put-gps-tracker-on-truck-of-rhoden-victims-brother

I wonder if Judge Hogan would be interested in knowing that JM didn't own that truck at the time of the murders for which he approved a search warrant (gps tracker).

We have all known people like BJM. nothing terribly wrong with them, but just a little behind the ball. I think it is disgraceful that LE would ask her how much she was paid to kill her family. They knew that she didn't and could not have, but they asked her that. Why would they want to do that to that poor woman?
I have to think that they are covering for the real killers and trying to pin it on anyone else that they can find. Some corruption in LE going on, for sure.
I think LE knows who did it and have been paid off.

We have all known people like BJM. nothing terribly wrong with them, but just a little behind the ball. I think it is disgraceful that LE would ask her how much she was paid to kill her family. They knew that she didn't and could not have, but they asked her that. Why would they want to do that to that poor woman?
I have to think that they are covering for the real killers and trying to pin it on anyone else that they can find. Some corruption in LE going on, for sure.
I think LE knows who did it and have been paid off.
Removing the children from the Rhoden family, but not opposing JW's custody application for S REAKS of evil and corruption.

Removing the children from the Rhoden family, but not opposing JW's custody application for S REAKS of evil and corruption.
eYesY
Yes, it does. It almost seems that SR was the princess and the other ones did not matter at all.

Good analysis, very plausible. I'd been hesitant to bring this up, but in the legal filings of the Columbus Dispatch lawsuit to view the autopsy reports, the BCI agent in charge of the Piketon investigation submitted written testimony. His job, prior to coming to work for BCI several years ago, was a security officer on the Ohio State Campus. He probably hasn't investigated many murders before this, if any.

How many years of experience does this man have with BCI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jadea02